Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Cardi is only gonna prosper by being the opposite of Nicki with the wigs and crazy flows

stay the down to earth relatable hood chick about her bag and ride that character into as many albums, media appearances, brand collaborations and films as possible

I think the only way she gets to that high level of success she'd have to step back from hardcore hood ish

White America copies black culture all the time and we know white America don't f*** with black people.
But yea, this is a dead horse.

No, because you can't say that New York is copying the south, and then say we hate the south.

Especially the new generation. They don't know anything but southern music other than 50, Jay and the occasional artist on New York radio.

You can say it with people 15 and 20 years ago, not now.

I never said any of that :lol:. I simply pointed out how some hip hop fans will dismiss trap rappers actually rapping ability solely based upon producrion, flow, lingo, accent and image. I feel Budden does that. And for a while NYC did that (hence Budden on the Camron episode talking about NYC fronting on Wayne til Cam opened their ears up). That's BUDDEN! And that's who I've mainly been referring to for this whole time.

Idk how many times I have to post this video and post to get my point across. It's not meant to spark a regional bias war. Moreso pointing out how preconceived notions and sound can sway opinion on ability before actually listening. Again THESE are examples of what I'm referring to.

Y'all gotta READ & WATCH these examples before being defensive :lol:. The concepts aren't crazy. There's something to it. And I get it.

I never said any of that :lol:. I simply pointed out how some hip hop fans will dismiss trap rappers actually rapping ability solely based upon producrion, flow, lingo, accent and image. I feel Budden does that. And for a while NYC did that (hence Budden on the Camron episode talking about NYC fronting on Wayne til Cam opened their ears up). That's BUDDEN! And that's who I've mainly been referring to for this whole time.

Idk how many times I have to post this video and post to get my point across. It's not meant to spark a regional bias war. Moreso pointing out how preconceived notions and sound can sway opinion on ability before actually listening. Again THESE are examples of what I'm referring to.

Y'all gotta READ & WATCH these examples before being defensive :lol:. The concepts aren't crazy. There's something to it. And I get it.

Joe is 37 years old. That is not what the current conversation was about.

And Joe dismisses almost anything not from jersey, he likes Albee Al, Retch and Fetty Wap

Joe is someone who raps at a high level. He is not just dismissive of south rappers.

And Russell Simmons didn't like Nas so stop with the Russell Simmons talk. Russell Simmons was washed in the 90's as a talent evaluator. He dismissed damn near every artist in the late 80's and 90's.

IMG_9291.GIF

They need a chromebook or ipad at a desk. Them sittin' at that lil coffee table guessin' what is on a tracklist is gettin' old

Swear my goal in life is to have someone cape for me the way my dude Magic capes for Joey. :lol:

Maybe Magic33 Magic33 IS Joe Budden? The constant references to "Drake Fans". Never ending Generational wars. "Joe raps at a high level" mention. Only one person says that.....

IMG_8399.GIF

Joe think he slick.....we see you Jumpoff Joey....

IMG_8076.GIF

Swear my goal in life is to have someone cape for me the way my dude Magic capes for Joey. :lol:

I wasn't even talking about Joe.

I mentioned Joe, because you can't mention what a 20 year old in BK or Harlem thinks and then correspond it with a 37 old dude form New Jersey.

When New York didn't even think much of Jersey until Redman, Naughty, Latifah, Fugees...

Dudes don't even know what their argument is.

So now a 37 year old dude from Jersey City speaks for 14 and 20 year olds in the city?

I'm from New Orleans and I haven't heard many NYers say that south music was trash. If anything, they just claim theirs is better than ours... which they should. You want your section to be on top. It ain't that deep. I mean, Jay hopped on the "Ha" remix on 400 Degreez in 98.

NY got a lot of dope artists poppin right now, A Boogie, Dave East, Cardi, Nicki, French, A$AP, etc... Not sure why they would just "hate"... Just sayin..

In the 90s, NY wasn't ******* with the south like that. It was like yeah, y'all got some bangers and some joints but y'all still country. Can't dress or rap. You weren't hearing Cash Money or No Limit or Hypnotize Minds all over the radio or in the clubs like that. They got love and respect to a certain degree but not like NY rappers. It was only the southern rappers that were certified. Selling mad albums like P, Juvenile, Face and Trick. NY wasn't open to the one hit wonders or rappers that weren't well known.

Acting like Joe doesn't like this trash music because he's from NY is incorrect. This has nothing to do with regions. This is about age and intelligence. A lot of the older rappers and just people don't like this new music because it's ****in trash. Everyone with the same flow and same beat. Most of them can't rap. Everyone biting everyone.

HIGHLY doubt that :lol:

That boy always saying something that don't make sense. :lol:

Don't listen to anything ninjahood says.

Not to pile on Magic but I think he said it too.

In the 90s, NY wasn't ****ing with the south like that. It was like yeah, y'all got some bangers and some joints but y'all still country. Can't dress or rap. You weren't hearing Cash Money or No Limit or Hypnotize Minds all over the radio or in the clubs like that. They got love and respect to a certain degree but not like NY rappers. It was only the southern rappers that were certified. Selling mad albums like P, Juvenile, Face and Trick. NY wasn't open to the one hit wonders or rappers that weren't well known.

That's all people saying. We really gon sit and like NY ain't treat hip hop like their favorite toy? Southern rappers got all kinds of stories back in day about NY radio stations, DJ's, fans, some rappers having that my **** don't stink attitude towards them. NY people have said many times that they wasn't rocking with somebody from the south til Hov or Dipset worked with them. Wayne, UGK, Juvenile.

Back
Top Bottom