Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Because of Perception. If he looked or carried himself like say....a JID, you’d automatically think he “can actually rap”.

Funny thing is DaBaby probably had one of the best verses on the album, and I actually don’t even care for JID, as he sounds like he’s impersonating Kendrick Lamar and I’m cool with just one Kendrick

Funny thing is DaBaby probably had one of the best verses on the album, and I actually don’t even care for JID, as he sounds like he’s impersonating Kendrick Lamar and I’m cool with just one Kendrick

He smoked “Under da sun”. I don’t really care for Da Baby’s music...but he for damn sure makes hits and can spit. Perception is everything tho.

He smoked “Under da sun”. I don’t really care for Da Baby’s music...but he for damn sure makes hits and can spit. Perception is everything tho.

How’s it perception, when he literally raps and does the same gimmick stuff as these new age rappers??? He’s literally par the course.

I WILL SAY THIS. He has some of the best videos. He’s on par with Tyler the creator, and that female rapper from Philly (forgot her name). His videos are damn creative.

But y’all can’t get mad about people being dismissive of the gimmicks. It’s like Young thug. Them gimmicks get tired after a while.

And lastly. His flow. Buddy uses the same flow in every song :lol: :lol:. His fast paced, multi-syllable flow is just...... ugh.

Again, car test and vibe test, he just doesn’t do it for me. I hear him and don’t get the urge to nod my, stick my elbow out the window, or just feel his music.

I guess I gotta be inebriated or high. But, I don’t smoke or drink so, enhhh

Crazy hearing Keefe D say they saw Pac and Suge the day before, dapped and what up.

I don’t know if I believe Keefe when he said he wanted to talk to Suge to squash it. If he really wanted to, why couldn’t he have spoke to him?

How’s it perception, when he literally raps and does the same gimmick stuff as these new age rappers??? He’s literally par the course.

I WILL SAY THIS. He has some of the best videos. He’s on par with Tyler the creator, and that female rapper from Philly (forgot her name). His videos are damn creative.

But y’all can’t get mad about people being dismissive of the gimmicks. It’s like Young thug. Them gimmicks get tired after a while.

And lastly. His flow. Buddy uses the same flow in every song :lol: :lol:. His fast paced, multi-syllable flow is just...... ugh.

I swear....all you do is pull **** outta thin air that’s completely irrelevant to any conversation :lol:. You not reading bruh.

I was responding to a poster who said, it took the XXL freestyle to “realize Da Baby can actually rap”.

What he’s doing in that XXL verse isn’t something he hasn’t done before. Therefore, there was a PERCEPTION, that he COULDNT rap (a basic skill) When all this time he showed he can. Again, not talking about “antics” or all that extra ****. Just perception versus basic ability.

Really simple. Please read. Then Comprehend, woe.

Crazy hearing Keefe D say they saw Pac and Suge the day before, dapped and what up.

I don’t know if I believe Keefe when he said he wanted to talk to Suge to squash it. If he really wanted to, why couldn’t he have spoke to him?

Them boys got caught slipping bruh. That’s how the game go. Y’all know everyone can be touched. Orlando Anderson even said he was a fan. I’m
a huge fan but dawg, you stomp a n_ out amongst a crowd of onlookers?

You KNEW there was going to be some get back. Maybe not right away but, say them boys made it back to LA. Pac DEFINITELY was gone be even more targeted. Cats wanted his head. They lucked up and got him the same night

I swear....all you do is pull **** outta thin air that’s completely irrelevant to any conversation :lol:. You not reading bruh.

I was responding to a poster who said, it took the XXL freestyle to “realize Da Baby can actually rap”.

What he’s doing in that XXL verse isn’t something he hasn’t done before. Therefore, there was a PERCEPTION, that he COULDNT rap (a basic skill) When all this time he showed he can. Again, not talking about “antics” or all that extra ****. Just perception versus basic ability.

Really simple. Please read. Then Comprehend, woe.

I for one, knew dude actually had rap skills (I know you’re talking about a different poster). What I’m saying is he does have technical skill. Personally, I just can’t rock with him or his music.

I wasn’t necessarily dismissive of his music either. I remember when 6pac 6pac posted the video when he was in the Larry Johnson or Mourning Hornets throwback, and them cats tried to pull his card and make him stop shooting the video. I immediately went on YouTube, and was like dude has technical ability, his s**** just don’t hit, IMO. I discovered the SXSW diaper video later on.

You be on your lil sour warhead candy tip, whenever someone quotes you. Bro, you do not work for NASA. You act like you be breaking down the formula for rocket thrusting and whatnot. Go outside bruh.

Back
Top Bottom