Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

2CA6911D-6A36-4320-9A23-12BFE57F493A.jpeg

Me and my drank still hard af

'Cause baby, right now
It feel like the whole world is against me
Ever since the death of Pimp C

Being in shape needs to be promoted like getting these unnatural cartoon bodies

Being in shape and working out is looked at as "uncool" to some _'s while drinking, being high, built like Chief Keef is lit. _'s really got the game f'ed up.

I always worked out and lift weights but I don't even drink sodas no more. Ain't had one in almost 2 years. Stopped eating meat like I use I use to, don't eat 3 meals a day. We don't need to eat that much. Makes you sluggish.

People are saying that more rappers/musicians need to promote a healthy lifestyle but call Tyler The Creator a weirdo.... dude has been straight edge since he came into the game.

Even the people in here who claim to live a sober lifestyle admit to listen into to the addict style music in one form or another. That’s what sells and what is “hot.”

A culture shift in general needs to happen.

Here's what I kind of think

Hip-Hop has become so popular, and has also become so easy to make...At the top of hip-hop, the Drake's/Kendrick's/Cole's etc those guys make rap music that requires a bit more talent to make, but because rap is such an easy lick to hit, and it's so popular, people don't even have to aspire to be Drake / Kendrick / Cole anymore, they can just aspire to be Future (No shots, I'm a fan) make a catchy record about gang violence and drugs, throw it up on streaming via tune core and boom, cash out.

That incentives rap culture to be where it's at now, where the overall gist of pop rap is young *****s strung out and banging. I also think that in 2019, in order to "pop" you have to be believable, which leads to aspiring artists leaning all the way into the lifestyle that they simply had an affinity for, but now because they wanna rap, dive into fully.

Music and Drugs has been intertwined for decades though. It's not a Hip-Hop thing. It's a people, and entertainment industry thing. It's an Accessibility thing, in which we as people love drugs, and celebs have unlimited access to them. We'd all be like Juice Wrld (exaggerating) if we had the access to drugs that he does.

And not all of Hip-Hop is subject to this. There's something for everyone. But the ease at which you can create a hot record, (especially if you're popular in your city) creates a climate in which guys are attacking the low hanging fruit of Drugs and Gangs and incorporate it into the music, and if you're already a gang banger, it just incentives it even more.
Worst part is the Kendrick/Drake/Cole's and other clean rappers like Sean are considered uncool by some because they don't rap about using or selling drugs. It's not even about aspiring artists, because I've seen people in here trash them and call them corny/weirdos while championing Future and other artists promoting constant violence and drug use.

It is what it is, the ignorant stuff sells. Artists technically don't owe us anything, but it's a shame how much influence they have on our youth. A parent can't really stop their kids from streaming this ****, at least when most of us were young we had to jump through hoops to get music we weren't allowed to listen to.

Holding out on giving my opinion on Oprah til I see the content piece she’s creating. I don’t want to look back and be like damn I caped for a monster.

While I doubt Russ did anything that most dudes in his position were doing I gotta wait to hear/ see the facts. Maybe this story needs to be told.

Russ is definitely a pioneer and I owe a huge part of my childhood to a genre/ label which he helped to produce but I’m not just turning a blind eye to homie if he’s another Kells (which I doubt).

Anyone here go to the Budden show on Saturday? Ended up meeting all them again after the show

the Love of Joe segment:nthat:

IDK why Oprah has this infatuation with exposing black men in the industry & staying quiet about some of her peers :smh:

With hat said Russell has openly admitted to using coke, dust & a bunch of other ******* drugs while coming up in the 80/90's i'm 100% positive he was moving wild

Yeah I was gonna say Oprah has always had a thing against black Americans.
Didn’t she say something along the lines of that’s why she does so much work in Africa? Because in America it wouldn’t be appreciated properly? Correct me if I wrong I’m digging deep in my memory here :lol:

IDK why Oprah has this infatuation with exposing black men in the industry & staying quiet about some of her peers :smh:

With hat said Russell has openly admitted to using coke, dust & a bunch of other ****ing drugs while coming up in the 80/90's i'm 100% positive he was moving wild

Weinstein, even the Epstein case. That has been the most talked about thing lately. She won't do a doc on about those men because they're connected to so many other people. It would lead to a rabbit hole exposing people she does business with.

Back
Top Bottom