Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think the main difference between now and then was there was more balance. We had Kim, Foxy, and Trina but we also had Lauryn, Missy, Eve, Rah Digga, Mia X, etc. Just seems like the ignorance is being strategically pushed, forced, and acknowledged more today.
Lauryn and missy were hybrids. Not even going to pretend like I know memorable missy bars because to me her best work was her singing. Shout out to Mia X though.

Again I just see these women on the timeline. A couple of them can rap. Not going to call them more ignorant than the male stuff I listen to

There isn't a difference between sexy red, lil Kim, foxy brown, Trina besides metaphors and flows..at the end of the day musicians are entertainers..if were looking at black celebs to be the leaders of our community then there's a bigger issue at hand
Gonna disagree about there not being a difference. And I won't elaborate. I'm a great conversationist.

I get where you tryna go but we the only people that say this. When Mylie Cyrus was going through her faze they ain't want nothing to do with it.

Let's say her and suckiana time run out next year, they'll roll out more stanks that will be accepted because after all we gotta let 'em cook right?
Well 1st we shouldn’t compare ourselves to any other group, they and us got our own things to deal with

The “we the only ones….” Is usually a false or lack of context statement anyway, hate to see black folks say that bs

The rap industry has been completely sold out, so yes there will be more of those type of joints if the ppl in charge want it…Gotta start something totally new to the gain control of the type of content WE want to push and see , so until then the ladies will keep doing them and trying to make their paper just like anybody else involved in rap but I don’t see normal real life women looking up to or following sexy red’s, they just enjoy turning up to it when they out

Well 1st we shouldn’t compare ourselves to any other group, they and us got our own things to deal with

The “we the only ones….” Is usually a false or lack of context statement anyway, hate to see black folks say that bs

The rap industry has been completely sold out, so yes there will be more of those type of joints if the ppl in charge want it…Gotta start something totally new to the gain control of the type of content WE want to push and see , so until then the ladies will keep doing them and trying to make their paper just like anybody else involved in rap

They can push whatever they want. It's the people to decide if they're gonna accept it or not. Having this "well let them cook" "let them entertain" mentality is how garbage just keeps building up. We did the same thing with male rappers and now look.

Your 1st point is fair and I don't like to compare to us other groups but damn we just accept anything. Like I said when Mylie Cyrus wanted to be a ratchet who accepted her? When Post Malone wanted to be a lean out white boy with cornrows who accepted him?

I hate the whole "let them make their money" rebuttal. That's what's wrong with Hip Hop right now. The money and clout are valued more than the art and talent.
Cuz you thinking about hip hop as the purer form of expression n entertainment it started out and used to be instead of the big business it turned into now

There’s still folks just focused on the art and talent but nobody is talking about them on social media and you won’t hear em while you out

They can push whatever they want. It's the people to decide if they're gonna accept it or not. Having this "well let them cook" "let them entertain" mentality is how garbage just keeps building up. We did the same thing with male rappers and now look.

Your 1st point is fair and I don't like to compare to us other groups but damn we just accept anything. Like I said when Mylie Cyrus wanted to be a ratchet who accepted her? When Post Malone wanted to be a lean out white boy with cornrows who accepted him?
You know it was white folks that made Post Malone songs top of the charts and him rich right? :lol: …Same with Miley, the white media was the ones given her all the attention…They ain’t have to co sign publicly cuz they did it with their wallets …It’s levels to all this ****

I’m not supporting or paying attention to the ratchet lady raps but I know what it is in 2023…The time to police the content has been long gone, the bs is getting pushed regardless

You know it was white folks that made Post Malone songs top of the charts and him rich right? :lol: …Same with Miley, the white media was the ones given her all the attention…They ain’t have to co sign publicly cuz they did it with their wallets …It’s levels to all this ****

So why do _'s cosign it publicly? Giving them the stamp.

_'s was supporting White Iverson. That's how he got on. Rappers was co-signing/doing collabs with him.

Mylie Cyrus the same thing.

Once again they can push whatever they want. They was pushing Vanilla Ice heavy and _'s back then was on code and said he trash and laughed him outta hip hop. It was hip hop that made Vanilla Ice a clown type of figure. We got more power than you think.

So why do _'s cosign it publicly? Giving them the stamp.

_'s was supporting White Iverson. That's how he got on. Rappers was co-signing/doing collabs with him.

Mylie Cyrus the same thing.

Once again they can push whatever they want. They was pushing Vanilla Ice heavy and _'s back then was on code and said he trash and laughed him outta hip hop. It was hip hop that made Vanilla Ice a clown type of figure. We got more power than you think.
Money is the answer to your question…I keep telling you it’s all a big business now :lol: , can’t compare it to the vanilla ice days …If yo was around now he would get features and be signed to 1017

Power don’t mean **** if at the end of the day money comes on top of that

Last edited:
Money is the answer to your question…I keep telling you it’s all a big business now :lol: , can’t compare it to the vanilla ice days …If yo was around now he would get features and be signed to 1017

Power don’t meant **** if at the end of the day money comes on top of that
Jay did a mash up album with linkin park. It’s been big business.

When I say "the art" I mean they don't even care about making a good body of work. They'd rather have one catchy song that pops and just make filler the rest of the way.

Even in the early 2000s, we got some good classics. Hell 2010's too. Now it's just a mixtape format with your most popping song on it.

When I say "the art" I mean they don't even care about making a good body of work. They'd rather have one catchy song that pops and just make filler the rest of the way.

Even in the early 2000s, we got some good classics. Hell 2010's too. Now it's just a mixtape format with your most popping song on it.
The business has model has changed. No sense in trying do something out of your talent level. You’re still getting albums from the people with talent

Power don’t meant **** if at the end of the day money comes on top of that

The _'s that was co-signing are already poppin. If Mike Will says "nah I'll pass on that" Is his career hurting? If 21 Savage says "nah I'm good" his career hurting?

Rappers are making way more money now then back then. Rappers were more incentivized to work with a Vanilla Ice in 1990 and still said no.

Just accepting trash for money ain't it.

The _'s that was co-signing are already poppin. If Mike Will says "nah I'll pass on that" Is his career hurting? If 21 Savage says "nah I'm good" his career hurting?

Rappers are making way more money now then back then. Rappers were more incentivized to work with a Vanilla Ice in 1990 and still said no.

Just accepting trash for money ain't it.
Pushing Mylie hurt Mike Will’s career

If you really love rap/hip hop….you should appreciate what BabyFace Ray is doing. In tradition. Unique. Not compromising. A message once you dig deeper, and really pushing **** forward.

Best in the game. He got the stamp

Dawg really putting out the best music right now,visuals on point too.

A bunch of posts going back and forth, could simply sum this up with a “HIP HOP IS DYING”

Y’all talking about women that can’t rap, it’s the same for the men. These fools can’t rap, can’t flow, can’t tell a story, can’t do ****.

Man oh man :lol:. The convos this past weekend about this, has been funny.

HTX is done. Dallas where we at 👀

I don’t think I can go to address anymore. Me and the security got real smoke. It’s on sight 😅🤦🏾‍♂️

This is the dumbest **** I’ve seen outside of the political thread in months, maybe years. Nothing cool, just dumb.

A bunch of posts going back and forth, could simply sum this up with a “HIP HOP IS DYING”

Y’all talking about women that can’t rap, it’s the same for the men. These fools can’t rap, can’t flow, can’t tell a story, can’t do ****.

This is the dumbest **** I’ve seen outside of the political thread in months, maybe years. Nothing cool, just dumb.

I always said bottle wars is the dumbest ****. Unless you really up, boys be having bottle wars then driving some BS back home.

I always said bottle wars is the dumbest ****. Unless you really up, boys be having bottle wars then driving some BS back home.

I know some *****s in that video, that went on that trip. I know some bishes on that trip. ****, I’ll be there next weekend 😂🤦🏾‍♂️.

Honestly, it’s good and bad. I love to see my people traveling and having fun. Being exposed to new ****. But this **** burnt out. And just going city to city to party and waste money ain’t really it. HR Frinks OT parties been going on for a decade. Y’all see it now.

Hou-ATL-MIA has been the old dope boy bus trips from the 90s up north and the Carolina’s in the 10s-early 20s.

I see Yg Tech up in there cutting tho. They don’t wanna go bottle wars with shorty. Tru hustler off the arm and rap,

Back
Top Bottom