Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Real talk this video is the reason why young ****** starting wearing ski mask..shiesty wasn't wearing one till this video

Last edited:
I can't either but that's the point. It's a lane for garbage that we won't even pay attention to. He got 2 platinum singles and a couple gold ones. And no way would these females last any other era.

Certifications in the streaming era aren’t even real. The diamond tester going crazy these days. But people don’t know blue face for his music past 1 song

Are any of sexy redd’s songs bigger than my neck, my back? Her run is about to be short lived. We going to act like Angie Martinez didn’t drop two albums too?

There’s always been trash. Skeelo got 2 Grammys. Smiles and southstar got a hit record. We can go on.

Last edited:
Certifications in the streaming era aren’t even real. The diamond tester going crazy these days. But people don’t know blue face for his music past 1 song

Are any of sexy redd’s songs bigger than my neck, my back? Her run is about to be short lived. We going to act like Angie Martinez didn’t drop two albums too?

There’s always been trash. Skeelo got 2 Grammys. Smiles and southstar got a hit record. We can go on.

Now you moving the goalpost bruh :lol:

Whether we listen to him or not it's people that like trash. That record with him and NLE Choppa got over 300 mil views and both of them are trash. This ain't the era where one hit wonders get laughed out the game like Smiles and southstar. I don't even know why we debating this.

Again, WE don't know Blueface outside of one record. He got songs 10+ mil plays.

Was My Neck My Back this revered in real time? Genuinely asking

It had a good buzz but nowhere near Sexy Red. It damn sure wasn't dudes repeating the lyrics like they do Sexy Red and do she got like 2-3 hits? Wasn't no dudes saying Khia got bangers. :lol:

Ice Spice got zero talent and she got commercials, SNL performance. :lol:

This is a completely different era.

Was My Neck My Back this revered in real time? Genuinely asking

IMG_8880.png

Whether we listen to him or not it's people that like trash. That record with him and NLE Choppa got over 300 mil views and both of them are trash. This ain't the era where one hit wonders get laughed out the game like Smiles and southstar. I don't even know why we debating this.

Again, WE don't know Blueface outside of one record. He got songs 10+ mil plays.

Again man these numbers ain’t real. Streaming farms at real though. These people don’t have staying power and never did. The internet made the world smaller but ultimately if you don’t have real talent, you fade to Bolivia or you troll. Word to lil pump. Word to lil Nas x. The game been the game

it did well but I think the concept of that type of song being named “Best Rap Song of 2002-2004” is a different level that Sexy Redd seems to be at. Like I can’t even think of another Khia song but they really seem to be *trying* to turn Sexy Redd into something bigger than just a one or few hit wonder just by narratives like that (best rap song of 2023) being pushed

Again man these numbers ain’t real. Streaming farms at real though. These people don’t have staying power and never did. The internet made the world smaller but ultimately if you don’t have real talent, you fade to Bolivia or you troll. Word to lil pump. Word to lil Nas x. The game been the game

Cardi
Saweetie
JT and Caresha

All have kinda broken that. Maybe Cardi less so because she has the charisma to be in movies and **** but it seems like talent/actual music matters less than ever now. Get you enough popping songs and guest verses for a 20-30 minute set and just coast on being a personality/billboard/brand and rack up endorsements.

Uzi slowly falling into the category of the above mentioned names lol

So lets assume everybody's numbers ain't real, the point still stands.

Khia wasn't being invited to NFL games and getting mainstream co-signs like Sexy Red.

Ice Spice performing on SNL

Saweetie got 4 platinum singles

69 would probably still be popping if he didn't rat

Can't compare 2003 to 2023. Cardi wouldn't have survived back then.

So lets assume everybody's numbers ain't real, the point still stands.

Khia wasn't being invited to NFL games and getting mainstream co-signs like Sexy Red.

Ice Spice performing on SNL

Saweetie got 4 platinum singles

69 would probably still be popping if he didn't rat

Can't compare 2003 to 2023. Cardi wouldn't have survived back then.
Jkwon did SNL in 2004 and was doing movie cameos. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Cardi would have survived. These other boogers riding something like a regional wave but not cardi

Jkwon did SNL in 2004 and was doing movie cameos. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Cardi would have survived. These other boogers riding something like a regional wave but not cardi

Cardi wouldn't have made it past Amil. You know that. With Foxy, Kim, Eve, Missy. The bar was way higher for female rappers back then. Cardi probably woulda been hosting a BET show or a radio show.

Cardi wouldn't have made it past Amil. You know that. With Foxy, Kim, Eve, Missy. The bar was way higher for female rappers back then. Cardi probably woulda been hosting a BET show or a radio show.
Y’all keep bringing up missy when all her biggest records were her singing. Ain’t none of us remembering missy bars. Let’s be real

Cardi a better rapper than amil. She could have did what Trina did. The game is less male dominant but you don’t need a man to co-sign you anymore. Thus the influx of these women

Back
Top Bottom