Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Y’all keep bringing up missy when all her biggest records were her singing. Ain’t none of us remembering missy bars. Let’s be real

Cardi a better rapper than amil. She could have did what Trina did. The game is less male dominant but you don’t need a man to co-sign you anymore. Thus the influx of these women

4565e4cd8e76302bc2a8cbe15f55097e.gif

The Rain had no singing. Get ya freak on had no singing.
Thos are her biggest records.

Cardi was awful when she first started. People was literally coaching her how to stay on beat. Girl woulda been laughed out.

Yeah Tory had two AR-15s and was spraying them. I was right there, saw everything

Cardi was awful when she first started. People was literally coaching her how to stay on beat. Girl woulda been laughed out.
That’s also a big reason Cardi hasn’t been able to drop another album. Her rise and album drop were such a lightning in a bottle. Every single thing went right. Nearly every single song was on the charts, and legit on the charts, not debuting in the top ten then falling to 160 two weeks later like some people’s current faves. They had staying power. And Atlantic is scared like crazy for her to drop another album again cause they know it’s not gonna come close to that. May as well just keep up the feature run like she’s been doing.

I would agree but Skeyee carried the summer, fall, and early winter
U was bumping this
Doing 100+
In an Altima???
Y’all gotta stop
****** is too old talking bout
This trash carried the summer fall and winter
I don’t even like *****es who like trash like this
Song ain’t even good

EDIT: I’m lyin
I do like *****es who like this
But u get my point

We going to pretend like rain and get ur freak on were some lyrical masterpieces?

“We got the radio shook like we got a gun”’is peak step your rap game up. Missy is a legend but it surely wasn’t because of having bars.

We going to pretend like rain and get ur freak on were some lyrical masterpieces?

“We got the radio shook like we got a gun”’is peak step your rap game up. Missy is a legend but it surely wasn’t because of having bars.

It was more so of her creativity in songs, her lyrical style - she didn’t fit the typical model female rappers - like Foxxy, Kim, etc during that time.

That’s also a big reason Cardi hasn’t been able to drop another album. Her rise and album drop were such a lightning in a bottle. Every single thing went right. Nearly every single song was on the charts, and legit on the charts, not debuting in the top ten then falling to 160 two weeks later like some people’s current faves. They had staying power. And Atlantic is scared like crazy for her to drop another album again cause they know it’s not gonna come close to that. May as well just keep up the feature run like she’s been doing.
I don’t think it makes business sense for a female rapper to drop a complete album. You can pump out quarterly singles with features and get the same return you would trying to put out a 15 song album. Plus you got the endorsements.

But you could be right too

It was more so of her creativity in songs, her lyrical style - she didn’t fit the typical model female rappers - like Foxxy, Kim, etc during that time.
I’m 100% co-signing this but she’s an artist. I’m not disrespecting her talent at all but she had some magoo-ish lines, she was as just cool.

Beep me 911 is a classic though

Some of my favorite Missy’s songs:

The Rain

I wished Ginuwine and Missy did a collabo album.

Hot Boyz is eternally ahead of its time. Straight up stand outs from everybody. From production, to visuals, to singing, to rapping. All

A+

The funny thing about Missy is everybody just recognized her talent once she broke thru, and she did what she wanted. Never really even looked at her as a “female rapper”

Just someone who made great music. She up there.

Cardi
Saweetie
JT and Caresha

All have kinda broken that. Maybe Cardi less so because she has the charisma to be in movies and **** but it seems like talent/actual music matters less than ever now. Get you enough popping songs and guest verses for a 20-30 minute set and just coast on being a personality/billboard/brand and rack up endorsements.

Uzi slowly falling into the category of the above mentioned names lol
Musically the City Girls and Saweetie are done tho…Talent or great team of folks who got talent/a good ear around you still determines staying power with the actual music…Everything outside of that is a whole different ballgame

It’s easier than ever to get on now but it’s still hard to stay…Songs and artists come and go quicker, it’s a double edged sword

Musically the City Girls and Saweetie are done tho…Talent or great team of folks who got talent/a good ear around you still determines staying power with the actual music…Everything outside of that is a whole different ballgame

It’s easier than ever to get on now but it’s still hard to stay…Songs and artists come and go quicker, it’s a double edged sword

Saweetie turned herself into a brand. I saw her in a commercial with Gwen Stefani. She's staying. Just like Cardi stayed w/o really dropping music.

Saweetie turned herself into a brand. I saw her in a commercial with Gwen Stefani. She's staying. Just like Cardi stayed w/o really dropping music.
Saweetie got no motion with music, like I said the stuff outside of it is a different story….anything she drops is a dud, folks don’t wanna listen to her she’s not making any noise as an artist

Cardi been on features, she on a another level when it comes to the music

Saweetie and Cardi ain’t even in the same stratosphere when it comes to staying power. Saweetie just a pretty face sticking around. Wouldn’t be surprised if her people set her up with a fake relationship soon to keep her name relevant.

Saweetie and Cardi ain’t even in the same stratosphere when it comes to staying power. Saweetie just a pretty face sticking around. Wouldn’t be surprised if her people set her up with a fake relationship soon to keep her name relevant.
I think she's with yg

Back
Top Bottom