Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The 50 was overrated talk

*YAWN*

LOX "washed" the Dips w/ only 3 songs (1 of which was a freestyle over a rly old beat) pre 2003 so that argument was irrelevant.

Last edited:
50 built for Verzuz banter? Yes
50 built for actual SONG playlist Verzuz? Hell no

What 10-20 songs 50 gone play? I’ll wait. He got so many corny a*** pop songs with trash beats, he gone be laughed off the stage

Dude’s music is not hitting. The way you can play old Nas, Jay, etc songs. Ya’ll are not listening to 50s catalog like that on a monthly or yearly basis. Stop lying. Ya’ll probably haven’t played certain 50 cent songs in 5-10 years.

The last 50 song I played in the whip was position of power. Probably in 2017. And I was looking around at other drivers making sure they wasn’t snickering and laughing at me.

That’s his BEST song after 2003. That’s within 18 years. Dude ain’t had a great song in damn near 20 years

The last 50 song I played in the whip was position of power. Probably in 2017. And I was looking around at other drivers making sure they wasn’t snickering and laughing at me.

That’s his BEST song after 2003. That’s within 18 years. Dude ain’t had a great song in damn near 20 years
He has a few, but it's few and far between.

In the Versuz format 50 is built for that as many hits as Ja has

His personality is built for it, but hit for hit, I'd probably take JA.
A lot of 50's music aged terribly and him not having Banks & Bucks would hurt him.
Ja got HITS. Between then and now, you definitely hear Ja's music more.
Think it would be similiar to LOX & Dipset with people thinking 50 washing him.

Name them. I’ll wait. Everyone says he has this and that but NOBODY types a list...
At least on the Massacre, the standouts are Position of Power, Ryder Music, Ski Mask Way, In My Hood, and Hate It or Love It Remix. I still go back to those every once in a while. The songs americangenius americangenius listed are all hits as well.

As far as that, I'll say I like Double Up, Riot Remix, OJ(with Kidd Kidd), Complicated, Can't Help Myself, Tryna **** Me Over, I'm The Man, No Romeo No Juliet, and Business Mind(favorite out of the ones listed). Not saying they're hits, but they're at least enjoyable listens to me.

finessence finessence like we saw with the LOX battle, mixtape cuts aren’t off the table, that alone gives 50 at least 10 joints BEFORE GRODT

You can easily pull any 5-6 joints off GRODT off your liking
Another 2-3 off Massacre
And by the time you get to features, 50’s at 20 easily

edit:
Just off 50’s commercial albums

1. What Up Gangsta
2. Many Men
3. In Da Club
4. If I Can’t/Back Down
5. PIMP
6. 21 Questions
7. Wanksta/U Not Like Me

8. Candy Shop (as corny as it is, it’s a girl record)
9. Outta Control/Remix w Mobb Deep
10. Disco Inferno
11. Just A Lil Bit
12. Position of Power
13. Hate It or Love It

14. I’ll Still Kill/Straight To The Bank
15. I Get Money
16. Ayo Tech (corny, but girl record)

A few I doubled up, and this is just 50’s first 3 albums, not counting loosies/album cuts/features/mixtapes

Last edited by a moderator:
At least on the Massacre, the standouts are Position of Power, Ryder Music, Ski Mask Way, In My Hood, and Hate It or Love It Remix. I still go back to those every once in a while. The songs americangenius americangenius listed are all hits as well.

As far as that, I'll say I like Double Up, Riot Remix, OJ(with Kidd Kidd), Complicated, Can't Help Myself, Tryna **** Me Over, I'm The Man, No Romeo No Juliet, and Business Mind(favorite out of the ones listed). Not saying they're hits, but they're at least enjoyable listens to me.

I respect the fact that you at least compiled a list. Certain dudes just be talking

50 would absolutely have to go into his mixtape bag cause his album joints ain't hitting like Ja's at all. It's a lot closer than people think and I'd give the edge to Ja cause a lot of people may not know 50 mixtape joints. Ja got real records.

50 got a bunch female records, would personally do Baby by Me or Do You Think About Me before Ayo Technology

Ja def giving 50 pressure but let's not act like half them girl tracks would have to be in the right environment

Back
Top Bottom