Real talk, lol whats the point of jumping "fresh" if you're not on a date or conducting business?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

lol now dudes must have me confused, I`m not talking about dressing like a damn J.

More so just a White tee, jeans/chinos, and shoes. Throw on a nice watch and some sunglasses or something with it. Like just getting away from the whole logo and design then tryna match and crap.
Yo! You ain't Fresh to Death! 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Think of all the people who you know that do that. What is the 1 thing they have in common? Prob all making %%*@ pay and  near broke. I guarantee it. Of course you have the few exceptions here and there but most of the people I know with major money don't think about clothes all that much. 

lol now dudes must have me confused, I`m not talking about dressing like a damn J.

More so just a White tee, jeans/chinos, and shoes. Throw on a nice watch and some sunglasses or something with it. Like just getting away from the whole logo and design then tryna match and crap.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Think of all the people who you know that do that. What is the 1 thing they have in common? Prob all making %%*@ pay and  near broke. I guarantee it. Of course you have the few exceptions here and there but most of the people I know with major money don't think about clothes all that much. 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

lol I remember back when I was broke, I use to spend ALL my money on clothes and crap. Now that I make a little more money, I dont even buy clothes no more, just technology gadgets and steak and shrimp
tired.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

lol I remember back when I was broke, I use to spend ALL my money on clothes and crap. Now that I make a little more money, I dont even buy clothes no more, just technology gadgets and steak and shrimp
tired.gif

You're not the only one. 
to people regurgitating this "once in a lifetime opportunity...never know.. " horse +@$%. You think you're going to be walking down the street and someone is going to present you an opportunity? 
roll.gif

Depends on where you walking to and what area...in New York it's VERY COMMON to bump into "opportunities"...campus hallways, errands in Manhattan and Brooklyn or the train etc
is where Models, Actors, etc are found by coincidence.
I got my old job at the University by sheer coincidence lady needed a student to fill the position that looked "professional", that day I had on some casual gear with Genvchy cologne walking
with a female laughing about needed a job that pays more and she over heard, started the next day....went from 10.00 /40h a week to 17.00  / 30h a week.

You're not the only one. 
to people regurgitating this "once in a lifetime opportunity...never know.. " horse +@$%. You think you're going to be walking down the street and someone is going to present you an opportunity? 
roll.gif

Depends on where you walking to and what area...in New York it's VERY COMMON to bump into "opportunities"...campus hallways, errands in Manhattan and Brooklyn or the train etc
I got my old job at the University by sheer coincidence lady needed a student to fill the position that looked "professional", that day I had on some casual gear with Genvchy cologne walking
with a female laughing about needed a job that pays more and she over heard, started the next day....went from 10.00 /40h a week to 17.00  / 30h a week.

i have class 5 days a week, i'll wear a nice sweater or shirt for 2 to 3 of those days.  i do hate having to wear heavy coats and layers in this cold weather.  i prefer to wear a hoody most of the time.  as long as my hair isn't a mess and my facial hair isn't too long then i'm good to go.

i have class 5 days a week, i'll wear a nice sweater or shirt for 2 to 3 of those days.  i do hate having to wear heavy coats and layers in this cold weather.  i prefer to wear a hoody most of the time.  as long as my hair isn't a mess and my facial hair isn't too long then i'm good to go.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

You're not the only one. 
roll.gif

The entire models/actors thing is a myth. A handful got found that way and the industry likes to propagate it since the industry is one of the toughest to get into without having an "in". You know, pretend to be such a commoner when you're an elite. 
" Lady needed a student to fill the position that looked "professional", that day I had on some casual gear" ....looks like she either is bi polar or you're making assumptions on what she was looking for or she was talking  out of her !#$ (like many people). You were in the right place at the right time. Matters  a hell of a lot more than what one is wearing. 

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

You're not the only one. 
roll.gif

The entire models/actors thing is a myth. A handful got found that way and the industry likes to propagate it since the industry is one of the toughest to get into without having an "in". You know, pretend to be such a commoner when you're an elite. 
" Lady needed a student to fill the position that looked "professional", that day I had on some casual gear" ....looks like she either is bi polar or you're making assumptions on what she was looking for or she was talking  out of her !#$ (like many people). You were in the right place at the right time. Matters  a hell of a lot more than what one is wearing. 

When I dress good its for me, when I don't its because I don't feel like it. Only missed opportunities are ones with chicks. Seems like every time you wanna just make a quick run and don't get dressed a bad one is around but when you are impeccable its dry. Other than that on a random day its rare to run into a life changing individual that is feeling you because your dressed clean.

When I dress good its for me, when I don't its because I don't feel like it. Only missed opportunities are ones with chicks. Seems like every time you wanna just make a quick run and don't get dressed a bad one is around but when you are impeccable its dry. Other than that on a random day its rare to run into a life changing individual that is feeling you because your dressed clean.

I have set a minimum standard for myself... if the day has no expectations than I will usually abide to that standard.
Dry denim, desert boots, clean white or black tee, hygiene on point.
Even if I do cross paths with someone that needs to be "impressed", I will be presentable, I think.

I have set a minimum standard for myself... if the day has no expectations than I will usually abide to that standard.
Dry denim, desert boots, clean white or black tee, hygiene on point.
Even if I do cross paths with someone that needs to be "impressed", I will be presentable, I think.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Must be at the wrong bodega. 
Ninjahood's favorite bodega in the Heights is patronized by the likes of Charlie Munger, Bill Gates, Sergey Brin. Larry Ellison only comes in on Friday mornings though. So be sure to dress extra spiffy. 

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Must be at the wrong bodega. 
Ninjahood's favorite bodega in the Heights is patronized by the likes of Charlie Munger, Bill Gates, Sergey Brin. Larry Ellison only comes in on Friday mornings though. So be sure to dress extra spiffy. 

Because unfortunately in American society everytime you step OUTSIDE your house, you are branding yourself. Impressions is the gasoline that fuels this society.

So why not be a positive brand on society and most importantly, to yourself---or at least give that impression. You never know kind of a situation or opportunity you might come across.

Because unfortunately in American society everytime you step OUTSIDE your house, you are branding yourself. Impressions is the gasoline that fuels this society.

So why not be a positive brand on society and most importantly, to yourself---or at least give that impression. You never know kind of a situation or opportunity you might come across.

Originally Posted by 0cks

lol I`m black son, if I aint in a full suit, someone ignorant will auto assume what they want, whether Im in a white tee or a fubu jersey
Pretty much...

That is also true. You all can turn away from the reality but, here in this land, if you are dark---you are a mark....dosent matter if you in baggy or bespoke attire....

Originally Posted by 0cks

lol I`m black son, if I aint in a full suit, someone ignorant will auto assume what they want, whether Im in a white tee or a fubu jersey
Pretty much...

That is also true. You all can turn away from the reality but, here in this land, if you are dark---you are a mark....dosent matter if you in baggy or bespoke attire....

Back
Top Bottom