REAL Talk: Taking Your GFs last name in marriage

FWIW, a lot of women drop their middle names, and put the last name in it's place....that way your wife gets your last name, and she gets to keep hers insome capacity as well.

never
roll.gif

would never entertain such convo tbh.

some girls are just out of their minds.

fair enough some don't wanna take the mans name due to all that "we're all equal" bs.

but taking her name instead????? nahhhhhh, thats taking the piss!

plus being married and having different surnames isn't the way forward.

there's just something about the union that doesn't seem complete.

Just tell her to drop her middle name and have her new middle name be her old last name and then take your last name.

its already happening in China.

rich/ decent income families having only female children are willing to have poor males marrying 'into' the female's family: their children willtake on the female's last name.

more on the America culture/ society, people are getting more 'think about themselves only', even females. you will have females able to supportthemselves and live on their own. So it would not be uncommon that even their mindset is changing where they are thinking more for themselves only.

i actually know a dude who took her last name,
dude was in the army, and since in the military most ppl call each other by there last name it was pretty obvious and raised alot of questions,
ppl were like huh? he got married and took her name ????
i later found out dude hated his family (hes hispanic and shes white) his last name was perez and hers was brooks, so i would rather take her name to kindadisown his own fam,
i was like huhhh???? woooow

Me and my girl had this conversation before also. She said she wouldn't take my last name but the kids will have it. Her mother did it so she feels theneed to do it also. I don't really have a problem with it...but I know when the day comes she would want to take my last name.

I guess I can kinda dig the hyphenated thing. The way I see it, a man and a woman can share names through hyphenation because you're marrying into eachothers' families. It's not like you're taking her away from hers and she's taking you away from yours. Isn't that why they call themin-laws?

why is her taking your name so important to you guys? is it really a family thing or a "man" thing?

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

keeping our name is one of the few things men get out of marriage
Say what? I'm pretty sure the whole institution of marriage is stacked in our favor. Anyway I say she can keep her name for public businessbut I'd like it if she took my last name legally.

If she even THINKS about hyphenating her name, let alone not taking mine, I WILL NOT marry her on that fact alone. PERIOD!

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

keeping our name is one of the few things men get out of marriage
Say what? I'm pretty sure the whole institution of marriage is stacked in our favor. Anyway I say she can keep her name for public business but I'd like it if she took my last name legally.
not until you get a divorce
grin.gif

considering marriage is pointless to me.. and illegal for us in most states.. i don't think my answer matters..

Back
Top Bottom