REAL Talk: Taking Your GFs last name in marriage

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

keeping our name is one of the few things men get out of marriage
Say what? I'm pretty sure the whole institution of marriage is stacked in our favor. Anyway I say she can keep her name for public business but I'd like it if she took my last name legally.
not until you get a divorce
grin.gif
Divorce is pretty much the only time a woman starts to get the upper hand in a marriage and that's only a relatively recent development causebefore a man would win even (or sometimes especially) if she left.

Originally Posted by FedExciter

son shes only 22 and both of yall are still in school... why is this even up for discussion

D.O.B,degrees over $$+#$%!

I feel you.....The only reason the discussion was brought up is because I over read a comment about keeping her last name on facebook.

And shouldn't a relationship be with a particular person be with someone that you can see as a potential wife?? If not.....kick her to the curb!!!

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

My girl once got bold and said she was thinking of keeping her name.

Me:
grin.gif

Her :"How about I hyphenate?"

Me:
grin.gif

Me: How about, I don't give you an engagement ring?

Her:
embarassed.gif

/conversation
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I think the woman takes the man's name and becomes his property and he gets control of anything she had like land or money.
not true in the least bit...property or whatever you got stays "yours" unless you deed it over or sign something that states otherwise.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I think the woman takes the man's name and becomes his property and he gets control of anything she had like land or money.
not true in the least bit...property or whatever you got stays "yours" unless you deed it over or sign something that states otherwise.

someone asked the tradition/history around it...thats what i was talking about...

Back
Top Bottom