REAL Talk: Taking Your GFs last name in marriage

30xitxe.gif

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

If she even THINKS about hyphenating her name, let alone not taking mine, I WILL NOT marry her on that fact alone. PERIOD!
Going hard in the paint huh bro.
laugh.gif

My cousin got married and took his wife's last name and I guess hyphenated the two. It was possibly the gayest straight thing I've heard of a mandoing.

Originally Posted by htownhooper31

My cousin got married and took his wife's last name and I guess hyphenated the two. It was possibly the gayest straight thing I've heard of a man doing.

well you know who takes it in the rear in that marriage.

I got too much pride in my family to take a female's last name. I completely object...

I'd consider taking my wife's last name. I have no problem with it actually.

I have my mothers last name and there are plenty of males on my mother's side.
My father wanted me to get it changed to his (which I actually liked the idea of)
but since im 25, i dont feel like going through the painstaking process.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by htownhooper31

My cousin got married and took his wife's last name and I guess hyphenated the two. It was possibly the gayest straight thing I've heard of a man doing.

well you know who takes it in the rear in that marriage.

Originally Posted by djaward

I rather let her keep her last name than to change mine.
And on top of that, my kids better have my last name. She can name all the kids, but they better have my last name. I just hope she doesn'tcome up with names like Trig or Tractor.

Is this some type of Women Impowerment kick or something?

Oh yeah and where does the tradition come from?

I think the woman takes the man's name and becomes his property and he gets control of anything she had like land or money.

son shes only 22 and both of yall are still in school... why is this even up for discussion

D.O.B,degrees over $$+#$%!

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I think the woman takes the man's name and becomes his property and he gets control of anything she had like land or money.
The kids are nothing more than assets.
pimp.gif

That's tradition for you

what?

Originally Posted by FedExciter

son shes only 22 and both of yall are still in school... why is this even up for discussion

D.O.B,degrees over $$+#$%!
Whats wrong with them talking about marriage at that age? Remember back in the day it was normal for people to get married younger that what theyare. Like 18 and 19. And don't forget also many people got together at like 13-16 and then went on to get married. But nowadays everyone thinks they aregoing to miss the sunrise if they find love early.

My girl once got bold and said she was thinking of keeping her name.

Me:
grin.gif

Her :"How about I hyphenate?"

Me:
grin.gif

Me: How about, I don't give you an engagement ring?

Her:
embarassed.gif

/conversation

The kids are nothing more than assets.
pimp.gif

That's tradition for you

what?
The history of marriage (in the west atleast) is pretty much a legal contract. Poor people didn't get married. The upper-class did, and it was pretty much for people to get their assets together and the man to get his lil' kingdom.Which is why your comment is true. Historically, it favors the male.
ohwell.gif
Good tradition
Whats wrong with them talking about marriage at that age? Remember back in the day it was normal for people to get married younger that what they are. Like 18 and 19. And don't forget also many people got together at like 13-16 and then went on to get married. But nowadays everyone thinks they are going to miss the sunrise if they find love early.
People live longer, and kids don't mature and 13-16 anymore.
[table][tr][td]
Age at marriage for those who eventually divorced in the United States, 1990
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
Women
[/td] [td]
Men
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[emoji]9642[/emoji] Under 20 years old
[/td] [td]
27.6%
[/td] [td]
11.7%
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[emoji]9642[/emoji] 20 to 24 years old
[/td] [td]
36.6 %
[/td] [td]
38.8%
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[emoji]9642[/emoji] 25 to 29 years old
[/td] [td]
16.4%
[/td] [td]
22.3%
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[emoji]9642[/emoji] 30 to 34 years old
[/td] [td]
8.5%
[/td] [td]
11.6%
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[emoji]9642[/emoji] 35 to 39 years old
[/td] [td]
5.1%
[/td] [td]
6.5%
[/td] [/tr][/table]http://www.divorcepeers.com/stats38.htmhttp://www.divorcepeers.com/stats38.htm

Yeah as time went on, people stop handling business. Back in the day people were ready at 18 and 19. But I understand why that isn't the caseanymore for real. Those stats SUCK for people who want to get married.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

My girl once got bold and said she was thinking of keeping her name.

Me:
grin.gif

Her :"How about I hyphenate?"

Me:
grin.gif

Me: How about, I don't give you an engagement ring?

Her:
embarassed.gif

/conversation
laugh.gif

Oh and fellas don't forget to do this if need be...

slap.jpg

I'm Joking. I don't condone violence especially Men hitting Women.

Back
Top Bottom