Recession? What Recession? Vol. Kids fighting at CDP release

that's the problem with kids out here in the bay area.
all these "jordanheads" are all little thugs and hoodrats.
most of them just go to releases to act like fools and be loud.

Sad, I'm glad that when i lined up in the earlier days 99-02 I never had to deal with that crap, there would only be a max of about 8-12 people IF thatwaiting for Jordan's back then and we would all reminisce about other kicks we were hoping would drop, now you have a million immature kids that have nomemory of the shoe fighting fighting over that crap. The last time i lined up for a release (and by lined up i mean got there at about 7 am no damn camp outs)was 2004 for the altitudes, a few scuffles broke out and some dudes got arrested for breaking a glass door, just plain stupidity that was the last time I wouldever line up for something my life didn't depend on.

I slept on this package today too.

I stood on a line at a down low spot, but I left because I just felt stupid waiting in line for some kicks.

I would have felt more worse, but there were dudes waiting on the line that were older than me.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

this is why i dont buy jordans anymore.

im a grown man, i dont have time for that +@@*.

that's what I be tryna tell folks
eyes.gif

There's no reason people should fight while lining up for some shoes. I actually made more friend when I use to line up for Jordans.

this is crazy, im glad no one was acting like that were im at, fighting at the mall and espically over sneakers is just simply played out.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

There's no reason people should fight while lining up for some shoes. I actually made more friend when I use to line up for Jordans.
thats what im sayin. ive meet lots of cool ppl while buying shoes. now, u cant talk to someone without them wanting to fight.

the culture has been hyped soo much, its starting to turn on the very ppl that made it.

older cats like myself dont even bother with the hassle for bad quality, over price jordans.......i'll let the kids deal with it

older cats like myself dont even bother with the hassle for bad quality, over price jordans.......i'll let the kids deal with it

Sad, I'm glad that when i lined up in the earlier days 99-02 I never had to deal with that crap, there would only be a max of about 8-12 people IF that waiting for Jordan's back then and we would all reminisce about other kicks we were hoping would drop, now you have a million immature kids that have no memory of the shoe fighting fighting over that crap. The last time i lined up for a release (and by lined up i mean got there at about 7 am no damn camp outs) was 2004 for the altitudes, a few scuffles broke out and some dudes got arrested for breaking a glass door, just plain stupidity that was the last time I would ever line up for something my life didn't depend on.
eek.gif

smokin.gif

That is how it was before, used to go to the same WSS all the time in Montebello on RD. Get there at 7:30-8am, no one would be there so I would head to a 7-11across the street and get a coffee or morning snack, see cars pulling up at around 8:30am and chat up with cats my age (I'm 26), who watched the manhimself play. Also most cats had these shoes when they originally released. You would just chat about kicks for 20-30 minutes. Store would open and youwould grab your kicks and bounce.

Stopped going when the Retro XIV's started dropping 'cause I got a job at NTLA, so that Swoosh discount was/is
smokin.gif

It is different now, I would see the lines for kicks and the campouts while I was doing replen early in the morning, and dudes out there don't look olderthan 16....
grin.gif
. Some dudes have their mom out there with them,
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

It's a recession not a depression. It's not like the economy is basically non-existent. The economy isn't determined by a bunch of kids havingmoney.

Back
Top Bottom