Reebok Kamikaze I Retro

So fresh.. man these were so sick back in '94.
In 94 those were the hottest shoe out there, I still remember seeing them on a release date, just could not afford to buy them, been waiting for the last 20 years. Its indeed my all time favorite sneaker.

I have to have this shoe. This was the one shoe I begged mom dukes for back in 6th grade and remember vividly copping these and rocking the nylon swish pants with them. A must cop and prob multiple cop

I remember getting the cb94 and felt bad that it was expensive so i told my parents to get me these instead... its a nice shoe and i will cop for nostalgic purposes but will wait for a discount

Im a big fan of both the Kamikaze I and II. But I'm probably in the minority with the opinion the II is greater than the I. Both are dope though. Not sure if I'll cop as many of the I's as I did with II's. Hell, it's still a few pairs of the II's I would like to cop. Hopefully they won't oversaturate the market with too many retro+ colorways as they did with the II's. Though, I thought most of the colorways were nice. Let's see if they can do it again.
i wouldn't be mad if they did a green and yellow colorway like they did with the 2..  no need for the rain drops tho, just the colorway

I'm with blacklion 2>1 IMO I'm still on the fence on these, luckily the hype doesn't seem to be high on these and those who want to copp and enjoy reebok products can get them

I'm with blacklion 2>1 IMO I'm still on the fence on these, luckily the hype doesn't seem to be high on these and those who want to copp and enjoy reebok products can get them
I'm with you fellas as well, the 2's are better looking but these are dope too. I hope they drop a white based colorway with modern materials for the upper.

In 94 those were the hottest shoe out there, I still remember seeing them on a release date, just could not afford to buy them, been waiting for the last 20 years. Its indeed my all time favorite sneaker.

Yup, in 94 these and Grant Hill rookies were the 1 and 2 hottest shoes. I got the Kamikazes but luckily I was still a kid's size back then so my parents copped for the GS price. IIRC the difference is that the GS color didn't have any green... just plain black and white.

I've been asking for years that they retro these and also the Penny Air Ups. Next thing you know both are coming out on the same weekend.

Damn never saw this one before. He was so nasty. Made it look like he was playing on an 8ft rim. Kemp and Barkley were hands down my favorite players back then.

EDIT - sorry the multiples but I just caught something in that vid :lol:

Check out the plays that start at 2:01.

In the first play you see Kemp wearing the Kamikazes and Lindsey Hunter ( #1 on the Pistons) wearing the Air Ups. The very next play you see Grant Hill rocking the Fila rookies. 1994 was a good year for basketball and sneakers :lol:

Last edited:
just placed my order 2day and are on the way, had to get em early, couldnt risk losing out like i did on the Kamikaze II OG colorway, had these back in the day in 94-

Last edited:
 I'm with you fellas as well, the 2's are better looking but these are dope too. I hope they drop a white based colorway with modern materials for the upper.
Hell naw, please don't release those with any fuse or "modern" cheep crap out there, but there was an OG reverse colorway. And for me l>>>>ll hands down. 
 I've been asking for years that they retro these and also the Penny Air Ups. Next thing you know both are coming out on the same weekend.
Well...not exactly. Nike is releasing the Air Up, but I wish they didn't, this giant BS called VacTech is destroying the shoe, every one that knows the OG will never buy this crap, just like the Glove and the Air Force Max with the plastic fuse. 
 just placed my order 2day and are on the way, had to get em early, couldnt risk losing out like i did on the Kamikaze II OG colorway, had these back in the day in 94-
Big thumbs up for you fam. 

Last edited:
Hell naw, please don't release those with any fuse or "modern" cheep crap out there, but there was an OG reverse colorway. And for me l>>>>ll hands down. 

Nike sends one of their stooges to this thread to request plastic hyper-crap and lunar-junk. :smh:

Those White/Black joints are insane - did they ever release?

Back in a day they did, but they are very rare to find, it will be great if they get them out again. 

Picked up joints today, technically under retail with a gift card, but they are being sold retail. Called Takeover in Morristown, NJ. I THINK they will do phone orders too 973-590-2826...if I'm wrong sorry guys, just trying to help. Great quality and I went TTS and same as my Kamikaze II.

MAAAAAAAn these are pure 
nthat.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
 right here PLEASE DROP THESE!!!!

and im glad to see that these would be a true GR, I got lucky finding my IIs well actually a friend found them but nonetheless i was worried for a while till he hit me up

if they replace the patent leather with JUST leather or even nubuck/suede and do solid lace psssssst game over

At least we got the OG close to the old one, look what is Nike doing with some of the classics, blasphemy.

Back
Top Bottom