Religion = Insanity?

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

well I guess beleivin in somthin u don't see or feel clearly makes u a "nut job", well dats ur opinion n ur free to think that way, but u sound like anyone else who stereotypes things they don't fully understand bcuz for u to keep mentionin religious ppl as overzealous ppl who often go to criminal extremes is simply stereotypin to me
I attended a Christian school for 13 years of my life and have always been around religious people up until I entered college. I even considered myself a Christian until I was 19. I'm not stereotyping anything.
Again, I'm not saying all religious people go to criminal extremes. To break it down the simplest way I can, I'm questioning what the difference is between someone who does something good or something bad in the name of religion. Why aren't both considered crazy?

Question to all the religious people - why is it so hard to believe that this rapist and God talked to each other? How do you know that this didn't happen?  If people can have a relationship with God, why this his not valid?

If you believe in personal relationships with God, then there is enough reasonable doubt to let this guy go free. 

"when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

Question to all the religious people - why is it so hard to believe that this rapist and God talked to each other? How do you know that this didn't happen?  If people can have a relationship with God, why this his not valid?

If you believe in personal relationships with God, then there is enough reasonable doubt to let this guy go free. 

"when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

idk if religion=insanity
but
i know the discussions on religion topics are insanely insane.

it's like looking at a fractal... same %*%# being discussed on the topic, and in the topic day in, day out.

idk if religion=insanity
but

it's like looking at a fractal... same %*%# being discussed on the topic, and in the topic day in, day out.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Do =/= due.
Thanks for catching that, punjab.
?? Punjab? Who me? 
laugh.gif

when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

idk if religion=insanity
but

Sorry but I've never read a thread on NT about all religion equating to insanity. Try again.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

idk if religion=insanity
but

Sorry but I've never read a thread on NT about all religion equating to insanity. Try again.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Are we do for another religion bashing thread already

Albeit I'm not fond of religion myself, these threads are just about as tired as the programmed troll responses.
I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning this kind of stuff. Actually, I think it's important to question this kind of stuff. People just take it in stride since America is such a religious country. I'm waiting for atheism/agnosticism bashing thread. I want to see what kind of malarkey people can come up with.

name a country that isn't religious...

Albeit I'm not fond of religion myself, these threads are just about as tired as the programmed troll responses.
I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning this kind of stuff. Actually, I think it's important to question this kind of stuff. People just take it in stride since America is such a religious country. I'm waiting for atheism/agnosticism bashing thread. I want to see what kind of malarkey people can come up with.

well I guess beleivin in somthin u don't see or feel clearly makes u a "nut job", well dats ur opinion n ur free to think that way, but u sound like anyone else who stereotypes things they don't fully understand bcuz for u to keep mentionin religious ppl as overzealous ppl who often go to criminal extremes is simply stereotypin to me
I attended a Christian school for 13 years of my life and have always been around religious people up until I entered college. I even considered myself a Christian until I was 19. I'm not stereotyping anything.
Again, I'm not saying all religious people go to criminal extremes. To break it down the simplest way I can, I'm questioning what the difference is between someone who does something good or something bad in the name of religion. Why aren't both considered crazy?
well u mite as well also say wuts da difference btwn someone who does somthin good and someone who does something bad period?? bcuz regardless of "in wut name" u do somthin ther is always a difference btwn doing a good thing and doin a bad thing 

well u mite as well also say wuts da difference btwn someone who does somthin good and someone who does something bad period?? bcuz regardless of "in wut name" u do somthin ther is always a difference btwn doing a good thing and doin a bad thing 

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

France

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

France

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

he could have done so at some point. But when he became a rapist it became invalid. Delusional as some might say.

As for the italicized statement, he lost his relationship with God the moment he turned against him and did his infamous deeds.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

he could have done so at some point. But when he became a rapist it became invalid. Delusional as some might say.

As for the italicized statement, he lost his relationship with God the moment he turned against him and did his infamous deeds.

NSJ, Had to do it and make a play on the thread title. I just can't pass on those multi-dimensional opportunities.

NSJ, Had to do it and make a play on the thread title. I just can't pass on those multi-dimensional opportunities.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

What is the difference between the guy rambling about god on the corner of the street and your neighborhood pastor?

the pastor has a building to spew his crap, the guy in the corner doesn't.

pastor: License, ordain school, usually educated in the area of said religion

Originally Posted by CWrite78

What is the difference between the guy rambling about god on the corner of the street and your neighborhood pastor?

the pastor has a building to spew his crap, the guy in the corner doesn't.

pastor: License, ordain school, usually educated in the area of said religion

Back
Top Bottom