Religion = Insanity?

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Are we do for another religion bashing thread already

Albeit I'm not fond of religion myself, these threads are just about as tired as the programmed troll responses.
I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning this kind of stuff. Actually, I think it's important to question this kind of stuff. People just take it in stride since America is such a religious country. I'm waiting for atheism/agnosticism bashing thread. I want to see what kind of malarkey people can come up with.

name a country that isn't religious...
France
laugh.gif
 damn I knew about Sweden but didn't know about France...

Albeit I'm not fond of religion myself, these threads are just about as tired as the programmed troll responses.
I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning this kind of stuff. Actually, I think it's important to question this kind of stuff. People just take it in stride since America is such a religious country. I'm waiting for atheism/agnosticism bashing thread. I want to see what kind of malarkey people can come up with.

France
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

well I guess beleivin in somthin u don't see or feel clearly makes u a "nut job", well dats ur opinion n ur free to think that way, but u sound like anyone else who stereotypes things they don't fully understand bcuz for u to keep mentionin religious ppl as overzealous ppl who often go to criminal extremes is simply stereotypin to me
I attended a Christian school for 13 years of my life and have always been around religious people up until I entered college. I even considered myself a Christian until I was 19. I'm not stereotyping anything.
Again, I'm not saying all religious people go to criminal extremes. To break it down the simplest way I can, I'm questioning what the difference is between someone who does something good or something bad in the name of religion. Why aren't both considered crazy?
well u mite as well also say wuts da difference btwn someone who does somthin good and someone who does something bad period?? bcuz regardless of "in wut name" u do somthin ther is always a difference btwn doing a good thing and doin a bad thing 
The point isn't the good or the bad. The point is they are doing the good or the bad because they BELIEVE an invisible force is telling them to. That is the crazy part.

well I guess beleivin in somthin u don't see or feel clearly makes u a "nut job", well dats ur opinion n ur free to think that way, but u sound like anyone else who stereotypes things they don't fully understand bcuz for u to keep mentionin religious ppl as overzealous ppl who often go to criminal extremes is simply stereotypin to me
I attended a Christian school for 13 years of my life and have always been around religious people up until I entered college. I even considered myself a Christian until I was 19. I'm not stereotyping anything.
Again, I'm not saying all religious people go to criminal extremes. To break it down the simplest way I can, I'm questioning what the difference is between someone who does something good or something bad in the name of religion. Why aren't both considered crazy?
well u mite as well also say wuts da difference btwn someone who does somthin good and someone who does something bad period?? bcuz regardless of "in wut name" u do somthin ther is always a difference btwn doing a good thing and doin a bad thing 
The point isn't the good or the bad. The point is they are doing the good or the bad because they BELIEVE an invisible force is telling them to. That is the crazy part.

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Originally Posted by CWrite78

What is the difference between the guy rambling about god on the corner of the street and your neighborhood pastor?

the pastor has a building to spew his crap, the guy in the corner doesn't.

pastor: License, ordain school, usually educated in the area of said religion

Licensed and ordained by who? That's right, other religious people that believe the same thing. It's a circle jerk.

What is the difference between the guy rambling about god on the corner of the street and your neighborhood pastor?

Licensed and ordained by who? That's right, other religious people that believe the same thing. It's a circle jerk.

Sweden
Denmark
Norway
Vietnam

Sweden
Denmark
Norway
Vietnam

France
laugh.gif

Japan also but I'd have to check my sources.
Why'd you say that like you ended the argument?
laugh.gif

France
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bns1201

i had a friend telling me that the bible was real and that the oceans are gods tears and that there is no such thing as space....many religious people are insane

Yes because that one person saying crazy stuff about God means that most religious people think the same thing. No where in the Bible does it say that the ocean is God's tears. Unfortunately, people just make up stuff or misinterpret scripture to mean something else. And the reason why some religious people are crazy is because the Bible is open to interpretation.

Originally Posted by bns1201

i had a friend telling me that the bible was real and that the oceans are gods tears and that there is no such thing as space....many religious people are insane

Yes because that one person saying crazy stuff about God means that most religious people think the same thing. No where in the Bible does it say that the ocean is God's tears. Unfortunately, people just make up stuff or misinterpret scripture to mean something else. And the reason why some religious people are crazy is because the Bible is open to interpretation.

Pretty much. All religious people are not delusional. To address one of your points, if you are/were a Christian, is it not blasphemous to claim that God orally spoke to you? In my faith, only a line of prophets received revelations from God through the Angel Jibreel, Muhammad (pbuh) being the last. In Islam, it is extremley important to remain moderate and never go extreme. Sure some people who call themselves Muslim may bomb cars, etc, but at the end of the day, you cant say its because of religion (because the Holy Quran condemns unjust violence and murder). Its like a foreinger coming over to the United States and saying "Oh look! That guy just raped a girl, lets blame the Constitution!" Thats not the case, rather its just the fact that the guy has his own share of problems and did not follow the Constitution for what it is. Generalizing is a well known ancient fallicy, and you pretty much committed that (I'm not knocking down on you, just providing you with constructive criticism). Listen, I know the idea of religion is becoming less appealing to certain masses, but let me say this. I believe in one God and that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was his last messenger. I believe that science and my religion co-exist and don't have a problem with either. Lets put it this way, science is not a way of life. Science does not tell you whats right and wrong. Science explains the phonemena of how our universe and all that it encompasses functions in a systematic manner. To me, our universe is God's creation, and science is a way of observing and analysing this magnificent creation. You don't have to agree with me. Regardless of your beliefs, I am not here to judge or belittle anybody. There is no compulsion in belief. But remember one thing. Even if you don't believe in God, that doesnt mean you don't have faith. It just means you have faith in the absence of God. At the end of the day, everybody has their own faith and it is not any body's duty to judge one another based on differences in faith, nor any aspect of life for that matter.

Hope I didnt offend any body, but rather provided any readers with insight. Peace out.

Pretty much. All religious people are not delusional. To address one of your points, if you are/were a Christian, is it not blasphemous to claim that God orally spoke to you? In my faith, only a line of prophets received revelations from God through the Angel Jibreel, Muhammad (pbuh) being the last. In Islam, it is extremley important to remain moderate and never go extreme. Sure some people who call themselves Muslim may bomb cars, etc, but at the end of the day, you cant say its because of religion (because the Holy Quran condemns unjust violence and murder). Its like a foreinger coming over to the United States and saying "Oh look! That guy just raped a girl, lets blame the Constitution!" Thats not the case, rather its just the fact that the guy has his own share of problems and did not follow the Constitution for what it is. Generalizing is a well known ancient fallicy, and you pretty much committed that (I'm not knocking down on you, just providing you with constructive criticism). Listen, I know the idea of religion is becoming less appealing to certain masses, but let me say this. I believe in one God and that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was his last messenger. I believe that science and my religion co-exist and don't have a problem with either. Lets put it this way, science is not a way of life. Science does not tell you whats right and wrong. Science explains the phonemena of how our universe and all that it encompasses functions in a systematic manner. To me, our universe is God's creation, and science is a way of observing and analysing this magnificent creation. You don't have to agree with me. Regardless of your beliefs, I am not here to judge or belittle anybody. There is no compulsion in belief. But remember one thing. Even if you don't believe in God, that doesnt mean you don't have faith. It just means you have faith in the absence of God. At the end of the day, everybody has their own faith and it is not any body's duty to judge one another based on differences in faith, nor any aspect of life for that matter.

Hope I didnt offend any body, but rather provided any readers with insight. Peace out.

Ginzo wrote: 

laugh.gif

lol I thought I was doing it...nah but really I was trying to say that America is no more religious than other countries that are religious...it was more sarcastic than fact

Ginzo wrote: 

laugh.gif

lol I thought I was doing it...nah but really I was trying to say that America is no more religious than other countries that are religious...it was more sarcastic than fact

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Question to all the religious people - why is it so hard to believe that this rapist and God talked to each other? How do you know that this didn't happen?  If people can have a relationship with God, why this his not valid?

If you believe in personal relationships with God, then there is enough reasonable doubt to let this guy go free. 

"when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
he could have done so at some point. But when he became a rapist it became invalid. Delusional as some might say.

As for the italicized statement, he lost his relationship with God the moment he turned against him and did his infamous deeds.

Why does him becoming a rapist invalidate anything?  You don't know what God said to him. 

For your point, it's irrelevant because by this time, God had already talked to him.

Any religious person that believes in personal relationships with God must find this man innocent.  Like religious people say, God works in mysterious ways.  Humans can't comprehend His greatness. 

right?

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Question to all the religious people - why is it so hard to believe that this rapist and God talked to each other? How do you know that this didn't happen?  If people can have a relationship with God, why this his not valid?

If you believe in personal relationships with God, then there is enough reasonable doubt to let this guy go free. 

"when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
he could have done so at some point. But when he became a rapist it became invalid. Delusional as some might say.

As for the italicized statement, he lost his relationship with God the moment he turned against him and did his infamous deeds.

Why does him becoming a rapist invalidate anything?  You don't know what God said to him. 

For your point, it's irrelevant because by this time, God had already talked to him.

Any religious person that believes in personal relationships with God must find this man innocent.  Like religious people say, God works in mysterious ways.  Humans can't comprehend His greatness. 

right?

It must suck being atheist/agnostic.
Anyway, I wouldn't believe a word Mitchell said, because as LeBron would say 'Dude's fake.' 

It must suck being atheist/agnostic.
Anyway, I wouldn't believe a word Mitchell said, because as LeBron would say 'Dude's fake.' 

First, I rarely log in to post, boyz noise you are obviously a smart person who questions what he hears, I respect that. Also, I agree with you but what is so hard to understand?
It's a double standard based on laws and culture.
Example:
How come if a person is promiscuous and male they are a pimp but if female a @%*?
Tis what tis

BTW we have asaying here in the entertainment biz about crazy people. If on a scale from one to ten a ten is locked up in an asylum all the 8s and 9s are agents in Hollywood. Lol

First, I rarely log in to post, boyz noise you are obviously a smart person who questions what he hears, I respect that. Also, I agree with you but what is so hard to understand?
It's a double standard based on laws and culture.
Example:
How come if a person is promiscuous and male they are a pimp but if female a @%*?
Tis what tis

BTW we have asaying here in the entertainment biz about crazy people. If on a scale from one to ten a ten is locked up in an asylum all the 8s and 9s are agents in Hollywood. Lol

Yes. But there is a difference, isn't there? They do study what they believe in. And it is a tough process. As opposed to the rambling guy on the corner.
Why are you so heated that you have to as low as calling me a jerk?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom