Rick Ross - Trilla

Its a pretty solid CD for the whip, the only bad thing is that it has so little songs

has some bangers though, i think Maybach Music is the best song

Album is REAL i didnt even like rick ross much until this album.. itslike everyones 2nd album on def jam is pretty good.. i give it a 8/10 im loving this is the life with the Policits as Usual hook
smokin.gif

Aint no stoppin the champange from poppin the draws from droppin the law from watchin.... i hate em..

Boss
pimp.gif

This is The Life
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybach Music
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Billionaire
pimp.gif

Luxury Tax
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I find myself skipping the rest however
smh.gif

No flippers besides the Khaled intro and probably the Mannie Fresh joint. I'm loving it, good follow up to Port of Miami, but POM was better.

I didn't even realize that they used the Politics As Usual line for "This Is the Life" and I have that song on repeat.

pretty good.. but on what i think are the best two songs Luxary Tax and Maybach music.. he hardly has a part in them..

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ricky Ross holding it down for the 305....Good to see him make it...If ya dunt know, he got a dvddropping i think on the 25th called M.I. Yayo which tells the stories of past miami drug dealers...He was once or still affiliated with Boobie Boys..[/color]

Originally Posted by ejm205

Criminal Minded didnt make the album probally because they couldnt afford Akon. I have heard that The Maybach Music sample and Luxury Tax sample cost Def Jam a pretty penny and was the reason why the album kept getting pushed back. And I guess the label was like Akon or a track with Wayne, Jeezy(who is on the label), and Trick Daddy for the same price? and Jay probally appeared on Maybach Music for free. Street Money Im not sure

Not to mention he already has the single with T-Pain who is 10x hotter than Akon nowadays anyway.

Rick Ross is the truth, I've been waiting on this for a while.

I find myself only listening to This Is The Life, Maybach Music, Billionaire, and Luxury Tax...everything else gets skipped.

Originally Posted by XxThe King Of KingsxX

Ricky Ross said money is not a issue and yet he/label can't afford Akon on his album

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Artists don't pay other artists directly when they are contracted to a major label, it's all through the label. And regardless of whether or notRoss has 500k to throw at Akon or whatever, the label may not be willing to do it because of the royalties, contract stipulations with the artists and otherlabels, etc. It's not all black and white like you think it is, tons of politics involved in the business.
Also, whoever was worried about thedownloads hurting sales, do some reading. Studies show that downloads don't affect sales as much as people think. Most of the people who downloadwouldn't buy the album anyway, and some people who do download end up buying the album. Plus, there's no better promotion than free product. Artiststhemselves are inclined to endorse downloading sometimes because it gets them a lot of promo. It's the labels that get hurt by it. Artists get penniesoff of CD sales. That's why you see guys like T-Pain coming up hard off the ring tone industry, it's not controlled solely by the labels, there'sno physical product, there's almost no cost involved, it's almost all profit and a business-minded artists can set it up and run it himself and cakehard off of it. Can't do that !$#% selling CDs these days.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How they gonna make a video for the song, but not put it on the album...
grin.gif
[/color]

Back
Top Bottom