RIP George Floyd

giphy.gif
LMAO

This.

Trevor Noah nailed it. Human societies are bound by the social contract. When one or more parties breach it and abuse their position, those who are on the receiving end of the abuse no longer consider themselves bound by that contract. This is why even though I don't condone the looting and the chaos, I would be silly to ask looters to hold their end of the bargain when the state fails to uphold theirs.
Right, and that abuse is what the nation was built on and has been going on ever since

I feel like COVID (and Trump's handling of it) played a role in the immediate call to action. People were restless, anxious and generally on edge

The combo of HD footage of the entire incident, on top of the HD footage of the Arbery incident (again during COVID where people could really sit down and digest it) in addition to the Taylor case, people perhaps out of a job, stuck inside, brewing etc. seemed to immediately get people out the door to protest

I was happy to see everything happened so quickly and that people have this amount of zeal to go at authority all over the country

the apple store in flatbush BK had the store glass broken

Last edited:
Damn that video of Floyd pleading for his life man.

That cop is such a POS. Knew he didn't have to take it that far and got power hungry.

Just as you're seeing with the excessive force now during these protests.

What pisses me off the most about that video is when he pulls his mace out when people are telling him to get off. Just get the **** off of him man. Absolutely ridiculous.

This.

Trevor Noah nailed it. Human societies are bound by the social contract. When one or more parties breach it and abuse their position, those who are on the receiving end of the abuse no longer consider themselves bound by that contract. This is why even though I don't condone the looting and the chaos, I would be silly to ask looters to hold their end of the bargain when the state fails to uphold theirs.

John Locke style

the apple store in flatbush BK had the store glass broken

Smh she about to get the book thrown at her. Attempted murder of a cop? Yeesh.

F that clown.

He’s a liar, a cheater and is always clout chasing and trying latch onto and profit off of black culture And this is all he has to say in a time like this?

He’s actually one of the most egregious cultural appropriators I’ve ever seen in my life- dude went from being proud to be called “K-town Hustler” to member of the Kappas (an all black fraternity).

Somebody should Rob this clown blind and put him in his place.
Preachhhh

What pisses me off the most about that video is when he pulls his mace out when people are telling him to get off. Just get the **** off of him man. Absolutely ridiculous.

The sh** he did when Floyd managed to push his knee off his neck a bit and for that coward to reposition himself on it clearly shows it was personal :angry:

Media being more prevalent has definitely helped, seeing these murders take place in real time so to speak jars one differently than reading about it in a paper or even hearing about it on the news. Also there are some people out here that are unfortunately just showing up to be seen and get pics taken for their social media. I saw some of that going on today as well.
Yeah unfortunately some people are treating this as one big photo op. Some pictures I’m seeing are too on the nose to be genuine.

Back
Top Bottom