RIP George Floyd

Seems like you’re just trying to get ppl to be on a violent side. And if they’re not, you’re placing them as an enemy.
What makes what your doing any different than the oppressors? Isn’t this how all this **** started?

So black people should just be content with being put on the bottom of the totem pole ? Somebody has to be there

And the fact that he said he would tell his CHILD to not fight back is even wilder.
I simply do not understand. This is the very reason that christianity, was shoved down our throats. They said that we were made from mud, that Moses was seen naked, therefore the sin, and that slaves should obey their masters. I just want to debate that frame of thought.

Sounded to me like you digging your way into getting into an argument with me. And if not, then lets move on.

To give you one answer, went to Fordham to clean up earlier. It aint protesting but I feel like im doing MY part in helping my community.
why would u assume i was tryna argue with u
even in this thread
when me and u have had disagreements
we have handled it respectfully
dont be so defensive
sometimes real convos can be uncomfortable
but thats the point when being real with one another
keep it real with ME
and ill always keep it REAL with u

I’ve never believed you fight fire with fire. because that’ll Just hurt innocent people. An eye for an eye will make the world go blind.

This is the same crap that Christians have projected to keep the masses in compliance with their BS.

It's time for people to get kicked directly in the throat. That's literally the only thing that brings people to change. An outright a** whooping.

The truth is you don't have a better solution than fighting fire with fire. So until you do, just keep your inconsiderate, unhelpful, antagonistic uselessness to yourself.

You do know Malcolm X eventually stopped believing the whole “By Any means necessary” sentiment right? He actually embraced peaceful protesting without violence.

Malcolm never stopped believing that, he just adapted somewhat to being more amicable to MLK's methods. In fact he showed up to certain events to help MLK just by the fact that his methods were deemed as radical which helped some folks be more accepting of MLK.

And you continue to say it's not helping but literally we're watching it play out in real time. Minneapolis burning along with the peaceful protests served as pressure to finally arrest that cop and now bringing civil rights charges. They immediately charged those 6 officers abusing their power against those college students. Swifter action and some accountability which is one of the main points of this entire movement is happening even though we still have a long way to go. So your argument has ZERO credibility in this instance.

I'd say the very threat of lawlessness and violence running rampant across the cities of the country has been a big factor in how some stuff is being moved at what otherwise would be status quo.

Ask them nicely to stop beating and murdering you...hell even hug them and beg for their forgiveness. That'll show them the fault in their ways. One Day

Amber Guyger 06 REUTERS TT.jpg

Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio do you own a business?

I own several business across the country actually. Y’all don’t know my story or my background. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m a brown Muslim male. I’ve never experienced the level of hate or racism a black male would and it’s a damn shame that happens. Wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. But throughout my life I’ve experienced prejudice and racism to know how systemic white supremacy is entrenched in our society. I’ve worked for everything I have. Nothing was ever given to me. It was all earned. And even through that BS I still feel the hate.

I can’t imagine what it’s like for a black male. Hell, I’ve worked with a handful earlier in my professional career, and saw what they had to go through to get to the front office. But it’s all about having a mutual understanding. Minorities need to band together, because there’s way more of us than them. We need to have each others backs and look for each other, in more ways than one.

Fam did anyone else see this? Its a few days old

But when we were wondering where Minneapolis police were while the protests were happening, they were actually here:

You do know Malcolm X eventually stopped believing the whole “By Any means necessary” sentiment right? He actually embraced peaceful protesting without violence.

I don't even think that's accurate but America has never handled anything peacefully.

This country is built on genocide, slavery and war.

Americans telling anyone to solve things peacefully is just flat out idiotic.

Uhhh ok lol.
Seriously. The gov can take these streets if they wanted cough gentrification..
You’re cleaning their work. I’m sure you don’t like viewing destruction but it HAS to be done in order to rebuild. CreateDestroy.. Let them clean it up

I own several business across the country actually. Y’all don’t know my story or my background. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m a brown Muslim male. I’ve never experienced the level of hate or racism a black male would and it’s a damn shame that happens. Wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. But throughout my life I’ve experienced prejudice and racism to know how systemic white supremacy is entrenched in our society. I’ve worked for everything I have. Nothing was ever given to me. It was all earned. And even through that BS I still feel the hate.

I can’t imagine what it’s like for a black male. Hell, I’ve worked with a handful earlier in my professional career, and saw what they had to go through to get to the front office. But it’s all about having a mutual understanding. Minorities need to band together, because there’s way more of us than them. We need to have each others backs and look for each other, in more ways than one.
So you’re biased then. Most of the folk who are fed up don’t have businesses or opportunities to create businesses. You’re speaking from the lens of a business owner. Prob grew up w privilege and money from your parents.

why would u assume i was tryna argue with u
even in this thread
when me and u have had disagreements
we have handled it respectfully
dont be so defensive
sometimes real convos can be uncomfortable
but thats the point when being real with one another
keep it real with ME
and ill always keep it REAL with u

Apologies on my end then. Ive been exhausted having endless conversations today with various people about it all. Ive had to first of all research myself on a few things, get educated cause what point is it to preach this and that if you arent fully educated on the matter. Its a learning process WE ALL must do. Cant apply something and shout BLM cause everyone else Is and not be fully educated on the whys and the hows, the history, etc. This goes far beyond George Floyd. Ben and Jerry’s had one of the best messages ive seen, we have a name for George Floyd, what about the others with no name?

Seriously. The gov can take these streets if they wanted cough gentrification..
You’re cleaning their work. I’m sure you don’t like viewing destruction but it HAS to be done in order to rebuild. CreateDestroy.. Let them clean it up

It was a beautiful thing seeing a lot of youngsters cleaning up the streets man. I’ll take that.

Back
Top Bottom