Rise of The Planet of the Apes

There's two references about space (Tv commercial and newspaper), might be a reference/hint to a sequel. 

I am willing to bet that the space references deal with the original with Heston. His space craft gets lost in space. And in the original sequels they go looking for him.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I've always been confused as to where they actually were in the OG's. When Charlton Heston saw the statue of liberty piece and said "they blew it up!" Were they on another planet and pieces of the Earth landed on the Apes planet?[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Heston

r u serious?
eyes.gif
Yea I was lol it's been a while since I saw the OG and I figured they were still on Earth when he said he was home the whole time. I just wonder why on the remake their planet had two moons.
The remake made no sense, especially the end when he lands back in DC. They don't even try to explain it
grin.gif

The sequel should be
pimp.gif
. The apes are just gonna take over the whole world

Great movie. The defining scene was when Cesar snuffed the kid with the hose. How the filmmakers showed his rise to power was interesting too. A concious ape and the demise of a human race by his own creation is what makes this movie.

Originally Posted by rashi

So many racial undertones in this movie. Good lord. 
grin.gif

Haven't seen it yet, but a friend of mine was saying this b4 the flick came out...I didn't want to make a comment on this, as it can clearly have this type of undertone...but I wanted to know why you think so...

I really didnt catch the racial undertones.....

info?

Good movie. Maybe poster above is right about the racial undertones cause some dudes in the theater where being rude and making comments. I thought they were just trying to take away from the backwardness but they were your typical ghetto dudes. Movie was good cause they were quiet once it started rolling.
Im curious to know tho. I felt they did a good job with the racial stuff.and its hollywood

All I have been hearing is how good this movie is might have to go see it.

saw it last night and its definitely worth your $$$. You'll be back on here saying its bananas. now go see it.

Originally Posted by pookieman

grin.gif

Haven't seen it yet, but a friend of mine was saying this b4 the flick came out...I didn't want to make a comment on this, as it can clearly have this type of undertone...but I wanted to know why you think so...

its a movie about revolting against a greater power tho...... 

If anyone is curious as to win this movie takes place or missed it during the film...

Spoiler [+]
There was a news report going on in the background at the shelter (when Dodge asks Riley "Well where the hell did my cookies go?". They were saying on the news that it had been eight months since we sent astronauts to Mars...I'm assuming that this may be is 2045 or 2050. Not to far off from where we are now? Thoughts?
The ending was a nice touch, but a clear indication that the film is looking into building a bigger story.  

I was blown away by this movie.  Would've been epic if Buck would have talked and said "My name is BUCK" like dude in Kill Bill 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by B0SsTyCoON

If anyone is curious as to win this movie takes place or missed it during the film...

Spoiler [+]
There was a news report going on in the background at the shelter (when Dodge asks Riley "Well where the hell did my cookies go?". They were saying on the news that it had been eight months since we sent astronauts to Mars...I'm assuming that this may be is 2045 or 2050. Not to far off from where we are now? Thoughts?
The ending was a nice touch. I think people will begin to understand that it was the next stage in evolution as we know it
eek.gif
eek.gif

racial undertones? Yall reaching. Im in an interracial relationship with a black woman and we saw this and there was nothing in the movie that could even be misconstrued as racist.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by B0SsTyCoON

Spoiler [+]
The ending was a nice touch. I think people will begin to understand that it was the next stage in evolution as we know it
eek.gif
eek.gif
apologies
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by three2three

racial undertones? Yall reaching. Im in an interracial relationship with a black woman and we saw this and there was nothing in the movie that could even be misconstrued as racist.

You must not be very smart. No offense.

Anyways it was a really good movie. That pilot got got
laugh.gif

I just saw it, unbelievable. I'm a big proponent of not jumping the gun and getting ahead of myself when I rate movies and do my reviews, but honestly, this is the best movie of the year thus far.

Movie was great one of the best I've seen in the last few years, I'm hoping they'll make a sequel that doesn't begin years later.

I don't really understand what was so racial about it, most likely you're reaching.

I don't get how people are saying this movie is good.......like....the commercials look awful and the thought of CGI monkeys is
laugh.gif
sick.gif

....are ya'll going in with low expectations or something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pookieman

grin.gif

When Caesar was grown, they had him on a leash like LeVar Burton in Roots, had dogs barking at him like how the Police had dogs barking at Blacks in the South, of course the whole correlation between Blacks and monkeys, keeping them isolated in their own filth like on the slave ships and getting them ready to send them to a lab (like how they were auctioning them off), spraying the Apes with a water hose if they "acted" up.

Caesar reminded of a slave that stole books to educate himself, then he passed on the knowledge to other Apes. In the movie, the Apes weren't trying to hurt anybody. They wanted to be free and not be bothered by humans, but of course after treating the Apes like garbage they defended themselves and all of a sudden they were the problem.

If ya'll can't see the racial undertones in this movie, ya'll must know your history very well.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I don't get how people are saying this movie is good.......like....the commercials look awful and the thought of CGI monkeys is
laugh.gif
sick.gif

....are ya'll going in with low expectations or something
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Oh so you've only seen commercials....thats a good way to rate a movie...

good movie...went and saw it at the carmike xd theater they got...it was only like 4 bucks extra but with the military discount it didn't even matter...talking this screen was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge...good surround sound...minus the crying baby(who brings their new born to a movie) it was a good movie....

Back
Top Bottom