Rise of The Planet of the Apes

I swear the neighbor had the worst luck. Gets his car $%%*#$ up, got his finger bitten off and on top of that he's gonna die with that blood in his system
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by pookieman

So many racial undertones in this movie. Good lord. 
grin.gif

Haven't seen it yet, but a friend of mine was saying this b4 the flick came out...I didn't want to make a comment on this, as it can clearly have this type of undertone...but I wanted to know why you think so...

When Caesar was grown, they had him on a leash like LeVar Burton in Roots, had dogs barking at him like how the Police had dogs barking at Blacks in the South, of course the whole correlation between Blacks and monkeys, keeping them isolated in their own filth like on the slave ships and getting them ready to send them to a lab (like how they were auctioning them off), spraying the Apes with a water hose if they "acted" up.

Caesar reminded of a slave that stole books to educate himself, then he passed on the knowledge to other Apes. In the movie, the Apes weren't trying to hurt anybody. They wanted to be free and not be bothered by humans, but of course after treating the Apes like garbage they defended themselves and all of a sudden they were the problem.

If ya'll can't see the racial undertones in this movie, ya'll must know your history very well.

Was franco suppose to let an ape walk around likke nothing.If he wasn't on the leash he could of pounded that dog.Just like thhe neighbor

Saw this today and wow, so good.

I was completely captivated, loved every second. Serkis was so good, the story, the CGI, best movie of the year.

Full Review: Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Serkis shines as Apes take over in the best movie of the year http://t.co/4KzaMAL

Rating - 9/10

From someone else's POV that seen the movie:

From someone else's POV that seen the movie:

I think Ceaser is the villain or is going to be... honestly dude straight turned his back on the people that raised him and brought him up.

I mean he looked out for him at the end, but he had already done all that damage.

He used his owner to get what he needed and then got too big for his own good and bit the hand that fed him.

I mean I really don't see how Ceasar can be the villain in the upcoming movies, but it is possible.

I don't agree with his POV, but he explained the "bite the hand that feeds you" real well and sort of almost convinced me
indifferent.gif
until I came to my senses 
laugh.gif

Also, something I forgot to mention about the movie... I thought they were done for once they hit the bridge... I thought the cops were going to just start picking them off and maybe Ceasar and a couple others would scramble for safety, but he orchestrated a nice little plan.

Caesar, My man
pimp.gif

I was upset that we only got like 20 mins or so of the apes once they got out.

Then the ending I thought was kind of weak but if it was done to lead to the next one, Im ok with it.

grin.gif

Haven't seen it yet, but a friend of mine was saying this b4 the flick came out...I didn't want to make a comment on this, as it can clearly have this type of undertone...but I wanted to know why you think so...

When Caesar was grown, they had him on a leash like LeVar Burton in Roots, had dogs barking at him like how the Police had dogs barking at Blacks in the South, of course the whole correlation between Blacks and monkeys, keeping them isolated in their own filth like on the slave ships and getting them ready to send them to a lab (like how they were auctioning them off), spraying the Apes with a water hose if they "acted" up.

Caesar reminded of a slave that stole books to educate himself, then he passed on the knowledge to other Apes. In the movie, the Apes weren't trying to hurt anybody. They wanted to be free and not be bothered by humans, but of course after treating the Apes like garbage they defended themselves and all of a sudden they were the problem.

If ya'll can't see the racial undertones in this movie, ya'll must know your history very well.
roll.gif
roll.gif
you're thinking to hard bro. if u had a pet monkey would you take it to a park with no restraint. and stop with the dogs part. it was one dog and dogs bark at leaves in the street sometimes
indifferent.gif
and your comparing apes to humans. apes are tested on just like all other animals for your medicine

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Think hard enough and everything has racial undertones.

Pretty much. 
son compared the monkey on the leash to Reading Rainbow guy though
laugh.gif
..like hes supposed to be walking around all willy nilly

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

roll.gif
roll.gif
you're thinking to hard bro. if u had a pet monkey would you take it to a park with no restraint. and stop with the dogs part. it was one dog and dogs bark at leaves in the street sometimes
indifferent.gif
and your comparing apes to humans. apes are tested on just like all other animals for your medicine

SMH @ the explained "racial undertones". Y'all creating junk now.

O yea btw... this movie was good. The CGI was on POINT!!!

grin.gif

bf236a1f167905e41576ebde3ed04299914ca861.gif

When I saw James Franco's boss in the film and what kind of character he was, I swear he was gonna be the first one to die.

Im not even going to address the racial undertone nonsense because that is what it is, not everything is about black people get your head out of your +#@

Anyway the only part that i didnt like was Malfoy saying the classis Planet of the apes line, they should have kept that line out of the movie.

Rashi - if No one else agrees with your undertone reasoning ... I DO

People can ignore it or dismiss it, but it's there

Great movie. I think in the sequel Casar is going to be killed by the monkey with the bad scarring who tried to kill James Franco in the forest. Then he is going to start having other apes attacking humans, then eventually taking over the world.

grin.gif

You are reaching.  Caesar also sat at the dinner table with them. 

The fact of the matter is that any movie that shows mistreatment of animals, aliens or whatever is going to show some kind of similarities to mistreatment that occurred in our history.  If you look hard enough. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

The fact of the matter is that any movie that shows mistreatment of animals, aliens or whatever is going to show some kind of similarities to mistreatment that occurred in our history.  If you look hard enough. 

grin.gif

but they make him plank?

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

You guys are reaching and think to hard. Really. Let's get back to the movie

Originally Posted by cguy610

Ding Ding. Take one look at zombie movies.
of course the whole correlation between Blacks and monkeys
This is what it boils down to for the people reaching at racial undertones. It's a movie about monkeys. DEAL WITH IT.

Back
Top Bottom