ROC isn't forever?..VOL Jay-Z tour sales = disaster

"To a degree" holds true for me. I've seen Jay once and that was WAY back in 1996/1997 in a random auditorium type place with Foxy Brown and Nas. There were maybe 200 people in attendance. That experience must be completely different than seeing him perform in a stadium with a polished show/production.

I'm old though now and have no desire to go to a show these days. :lol:

Reminds me of 1 of the gulliest shows I've ever been to. Small venue Newark Symphony Hall. From what I remember, nice n smooth, mad lion, channel live, Craig mack, Nas with a fake helicopter/ jailbreak set aaaaaaand the Wu. Had to be like 94.

Went to the show in New Orleans. Show was great. Place was packed. In fact, he announced during the show that they had set a record for the highest attendance for a concert in the arena. I don't know how he's doing everywhere else, but he did well in NO.

The Advocate concert reviewer saying he lied about setting an attendance record :lol:

Apparently he gave out "hundreds" of free tickets as well

Show was packed in Houston the day before the NO show.

The advocate posted a picture of the concert... far from empty even if he didnt break attendance records

5a0549890e483.image.jpg

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. We have no idea what his deal is with LiveNation and if it inflates gross from shows. Giving away hundreds of tickets would count as "distributed", so technically... I know that for the Houston show alot of tickets were given away.

I saw Jay twice, once with Kanye and once on the Magna Carter tour. He has massive hits, puts on a good show but the only complaint I have is it is the exact same show in every city. It's a "show" and not a concert if that makes sense. Meaning there won't be any special guests, no diversion from the playlist, no freestyles, etc. If you see the show in LA, it will be the exact same show in Miami.

Show was packed in Houston the day before the NO show.

The advocate posted a picture of the concert... far from empty even if he didnt break attendance records

5a0549890e483.image.jpg

The show before Houston here in dallas was live too. The arena was full. Tickets could've been given away doesn't make any difference to me.

I saw Jay twice, once with Kanye and once on the Magna Carter tour. He has massive hits, puts on a good show but the only complaint I have is it is the exact same show in every city. It's a "show" and not a concert if that makes sense. Meaning there won't be any special guests, no diversion from the playlist, no freestyles, etc. If you see the show in LA, it will be the exact same show in Miami.

eh, that's for most artists.. if it's a tour, they usually keep the same set list. all of the video and light effects has to be coordinated for the concert to look and sound good. it's easier for the artist to freestyle at a smaller venue/show because they don't require all of the effects.

Went to the show in New Orleans. Show was great. Place was packed. In fact, he announced during the show that they had set a record for the highest attendance for a concert in the arena. I don't know how he's doing everywhere else, but he did well in NO.
i was out in new orleans last week
decided to hit the show last minute. after failing to lowball last minute resellers we just hit the arena box office and bought nosebleeds for $30.
as we went up the escalator we were approached by a venue worker/promoter and told us he was gonna upgrade our seats....gave us floor tickets, front row. he said they needed to fill seats. there were lots of empty seats up top
couldnt believe our luck at all...show was dope. had a diverse set list for sure
once the show ended, i was able to snag the set list from one of the drummers.

Attachments

• IMG_6781.JPG
    IMG_6781.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6916.PNG
    IMG_6916.PNG
    956.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6837.JPG
    IMG_6837.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 31
Stuff like that NEVER happens to me :lol:. Yeah, I remember thinking when he said it, "Damn, Bruno was here two weeks ago and I heard it was a sell out". Who knows?! I do know Bruno's tickets were way more expensive than Jay's and way harder to come by.

The Miami show was INCREDIBLE. F the dumb ish being said in here that show was AMAZING! Flat out! He even did Dead Presidents 1 verse on the Allure beat :pimp::pimp::pimp:. Hands down that was the dopest show I have been to in a long time. My only complaint is that Ross didn't come out for F*ckwitmeyouknowigotit. Hov is the GOAT. Point, blank period.

earlgotsole earlgotsole just wanted to kno how good your seats were and how much you paid.

im currently shopping for tix but dont kno if its worth it to let them buss my head for some good seats or to save some bread and target the ok seats...

def sounds like you enjoyed yourself tho and thas really wassup...

I sat this close (3rd row), hearing ol boy story about the free floor seats got me :angry:

I personally think the floor seats are overpriced, but the show itself was dope and I would go again

IMG_7790.jpg
IMG_7789.jpg

Agreed with floor seats being a bit overpriced. Seemed like the stage set-up was better suited for mid-tier seats. No ragrets, though.

My SVP at work went to the Atlanta show on Tuesday. Said Jay packed Phillips Arena and killed it.

Jockin' Jay-Z is absolute trash. :smh: Turrible beat.

HOWEVER, as much as that song sucks, it's better than any of these... Migos, Future, Kodak's of the world's whole catalog. Now what does that say?

Sorry to get off topic. :lol:

This is 100% false. Jockin Jay-Z was trash by anyone's standards, not just in relation to what people would consider inferior rappers. All the songs on that recent Kodak/Plies tape are better than that :lol:

As far as the concert itself, there's probably only one track on this album that is made for a concert experience, Bam

The Miami show was INCREDIBLE. F the dumb ish being said in here that show was AMAZING! Flat out! He even did Dead Presidents 1 verse on the Allure beat :pimp::pimp::pimp:. Hands down that was the dopest show I have been to in a long time. My only complaint is that Ross didn't come out for F*ckwitmeyouknowigotit. Hov is the GOAT. Point, blank period.

That sound fire.

Still wanna see a Jay show with that live orchestra

My girl asked me if I wanted to go see this washed up ***** :lol: hell nah...

And yet he put out a better project than your 2 idols this year.

Your girl smart.

Back
Top Bottom