September Wrestling Thread 2021

I'm stoked there's a wrestling thread, i was wondering how many folk here watch NJPW?
I prefer it over WWE tbh
I'm a Los Ingobernables de Japon supporter and think it's awesome Shingo Takagi is still champion

Skype-20210816-155712.jpeg
Skype-20210108-012809.jpeg
Skype-20210816-162039.jpeg

Mostly WWE homers around here

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican in particular...he will try to run you out of the thread if he sees you talking about Japanese wrestling, but just ignore him

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican in particular...he will try to run you out of the thread if he sees you talking about Japanese wrestling, but just ignore him

It's all good, thanks for the heads up, a few have gone from NJPW to WWE and vice versa i daresay, i watch AEW sometimes too

I'm stoked there's a wrestling thread, i was wondering how many folk here watch NJPW?
I prefer it over WWE tbh
I'm a Los Ingobernables de Japon supporter and think it's awesome Shingo Takagi is still champion

You know they use fake blood packets in Japan right?

So is Drew going too stab someone with his sword or what’s the point of carrying it around

I prefer it over WWE tbh

id watch if i knew japanese. it was hard watching aaa not knowing what was going on

only guys in here who arent wwe homers is me, you, aea18, peep game, and plvn(RIP)

I have a feeling we’ll see more become more open minded now that AEW has kinda shaken the wrestling world up a bit.

why is aew pushing 2.0 so hard? they are nothing special. look like two out of shape small jobbers on the wcw worldwide

danger style danger style
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Nitro :06/17/1996:
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4069&page=2

Singles Match
Rick Steiner vs. Stevie Ray
Good intro match here between the less popular brothers of their respective tag-teams. They did what they could here but I personally would have put the Malenko/Mysterio match in this slot and moved this match to later in the show.

Singles Match
Disco Inferno vs. Joe Gomez
Kevin SUllivan always told funny stories about Joe Gomez on the MLW Podcasts, hopefully those will resurface at some point. The fans reacted as if they knew who Gomez was during his entrance and Disco did a great job of creating “Cheap Heat.” SUrprise Roll-up victory by Gomez.

Tag Team Match
American Males (Marcus Alexander Bagwell & Scotty Riggs) vs. The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson & Chris Benoit)
Benoit really made a statement during this match. He really turned the corner after that great performance vs. Sullivan on the PPV. Arn kinda moved out of the way and let Benoit do his thing. The AMercan Males put up a noble fight but this match was all about Benoit showing promise.

Singles Match
John Tenta vs. Big Bubba (w/Jimmy Hart)
Nothing much to see here as we basically got what we got from the GAB from these two.

Singles Match
Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair (w/Debra McMichael, Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
Great intensity shown here by Macho Man but what else should we expect from a man that was on the shelf for the last 6 weeks. I really enjoyed this match even with the interference

WCW World Cruiserweight Title Match
Dean Malenko (c) vs. Rey Misterio Jr.
Nice return match here but the fans didn’t seem to be that much into it. We saw a few spots that we didn’t see at the GAB 96. Maybe the fans were burned out from the previous Savage/Flair match.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Scott Steiner
Dominant performance by The Big Giant. Scott Steiner had a brief moment where he showed some fire but The Giant cut that off. The wooden chair looks painful. I wonder why they have used them over the last 2 weeks with these two. But yea, WCW has done a great job of making The Giant look unstoppable.

As the BEST PROMO on NT, I agree, why talk about something not relevant.

The only thing that matters and is relevant, which is backed up by the ratings, is WWE.

Back
Top Bottom