Serious Topic: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

Originally Posted by SF JS

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Pro-choice. God doesn't give a baby life, the mother does, at the cost of a part of hers. So if she doesn't want to make this exchange/sacrifice, NO ONE has the right to force her to.

wait so by your logics, your mom can kill you right now and it would perfectly fine and legal?

No, by my logic, my mother could have aborted me anytime I was still inside her and living off the nutrients of her body.

your parents raised you, spend money on you, gave you your physical form so in theory you are in debt to them for life.
to a certain point, yes.

But what happens if one day they decide to kill you because they can't afford to raise you anymore. Would you let them kill you or would you resist?
This is a completely different situation, I'm already alive, my life doesn't directly depend on my mother. Please refrain from making up silly hypothetical situations.
What I'm saying is until a woman actually gives birth to a baby, meaning before the baby comes out and starts breathing on its own, the baby doesn't have an inherent right to live.

So what gives anyone else an inherent right to live?

pro choice, there is already to many people on this earth already, as well as why force people to have a kid if they can't take care of it.

America has the highest teenage pregancy rate in the world, so imagine if there wasn't pro-choice? Scary thought.

Definitely Pro-choice .

I feel like Pro-Life is making America seem more and more like 1984 every day ...

your parents raised you, spend money on you, gave you your physical form so in theory you are in debt to them for life.
I don't believe in this . I didn't go up to her before I was born and say ... "hey lady ! I wantyou to have me ..."

I hate that some parents say "I gave life to you ! You should help me whenever I need it!"

I didn't ask you to have me , you had me because you wanted a child .

But being the person I am , I am going to support my mother , but I don't think you should be in debt to them ...

Pro-Choice...I think it's messed up but still...
grin.gif

ninjallamafromhell wrote:

Alright, think of it this way. Say "Person 1" has a "gift" that she is thinking of giving to "Person 2." Until sheactually hands the gift over to Person 2, it belongs to her, no one else can claim it or decide what to do with it but her. But once she gives it to Person 2,it belongs to them, she can't just take it back later because she already made that commitment... and because that's just a douchbag thing to do
wink.gif

so to clarify...
Person 1=mother
Person 2=child
and the gift=life

smile.gif

ninjallamafromhell wrote:

Alright, think of it this way. Say "Person 1" has a "gift" that she is thinking of giving to "Person 2." Until she actually hands the gift over to Person 2, it belongs to her, no one else can claim it or decide what to do with it but her. But once she gives it to Person 2, it belongs to them, she can't just take it back later because she already made that commitment... and because that's just a douchbag thing to do
wink.gif

so to clarify...
Person 1=mother
Person 2=child
and the gift=life

smile.gif

That is one of the worst arguments that I've ever seen. That didn't even answer the question. What does the side of the vagina that you're onmatter on how much your life is worth? By the logic you stated I can give everyone the gift of allowing them to continue living until I feel like they shouldhave it. On that train of thought, at what point did you're mother "give" you you're life? What's the difference between a fetus and ababy (fetus that's born) that makes it worth so much more? The fact that it's crying? You can see it with you're eyes without the use ofmachines? What?

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

On that train of thought, at what point did you're mother "give" you you're life? What's the difference between a fetus and a baby (fetus that's born) that makes it worth so much more? The fact that it's crying? You can see it with you're eyes without the use of machines? What?
I personally think that until the baby is outside of the womb it is still a part of the mother's body, and I think most people would agreethat you can do whatever you want to your own body.
I apologize if you felt my argument was dumb, I was trying to make it simple
ohwell.gif

edit: that probably still doesn't answer your question... but I don't know what else to say... it seams like a basic idea to me...

peace.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

On that train of thought, at what point did you're mother "give" you you're life? What's the difference between a fetus and a baby (fetus that's born) that makes it worth so much more? The fact that it's crying? You can see it with you're eyes without the use of machines? What?
I personally think that until the baby is outside of the womb it is still a part of the mother's body, and I think most people would agree that you can do whatever you want to your own body.
I apologize if you felt my argument was dumb, I was trying to make it simple
ohwell.gif
Didn't say it was dumb, just bad. I ain't mad at ya, I just like to argue points. You can learn a lot if you can objectively argue. Iguess that would be called debating
laugh.gif

The only thing I don't like about the "it's my body" line, is that it isn't just you're body anymore. I think of it as a body joinedto yours through a tube. Would it be thought of as a completely different scenario if two adults were connected in a similar fashion and one adult decided todisconnect the other killing him/her, and why would that be different?

I think if a woman finds out she's pregnant, and knows that having a child would hurt both her and the child and possibly the father, she should have theright to get rid of the mass of cells in her stomach. I don't know how I feel about abortions in the later stages of pregnancy, but I guess its the sameprinciple, even though it feels much different (and wronger). I'd be ok with pro choice, except after a certain date, barring medical necessity, etc.

im pro-choice even though i think there should be more regulations on abortion to make it harder to get one. i certainly dont think it should be the onlyreason to vote for a certain party though. ("cough, cough" right wing zealous christains "cough, cough")

choice.

There should be conditions to it though. Like a cap. No1 should be allowed like 5 times that's just outrageous.

The argument some people on the pro life side realize is if you don't allow abortion those kids who are carried to term could end up messed up forever. 1.could stay with the parents who didn't want him/her in the first place and treat him/her with resentment. 2. Could end up doing abortion like before Roe v.Wade (i.e. Wire hangers) and endanger lives. 3. They carry to term, and put them up for adoption. Say 5,000 abortions are made a year which is only 100 perstate every year (small estimate). This creates more problems with kids who won't get adopted and the foster care system is bad as it is. Add 5,000 moreand it will lead to thousands being neglected and living a terrible life. Leading to psychological disorders in many cases.

I am not into "killing babies" but if you get rid of abortion it will cause even more problems.

Back
Top Bottom