Shattered Backboard 1 2025

Making a shoe harder to get for consumers=Keeping things special?

51eZSQJ.gif

Yes … obviously ... It’s not special if everyone has it.

If a product's value is high based on rarity that is a result of limited materials or the passing of the creator/manufacturer, I'm fine with that.

If a product's value is high based on false scarcity created by the manufacturer in order to create/continue hype for their products, and it is desired only because the dollar value is high as a gauge of this rarity, **** that. And all these people that are angry because the shoe they over-paid for isn't going to be as valuable because they're not going to be as rare, *****.

You should like the product because you like the product, regardless of the market value.

Every single iconic grail in the sneaker game was a limited release. In some cases extremely limited. You cannot come up with a single example that was widely accessible to everybody. There is nothing wrong with keeping some releases exclusive. Nike/JB does not owe you sh*t. Only desperate hypebeasts complain about exclusivity.

Every single iconic grail in the sneaker game was a limited release. In some cases extremely limited. You cannot come up with a single example that was widely accessible to everybody. There is nothing wrong with keeping some releases exclusive. Nike/JB does not owe you sh*t. Only desperate hypebeasts complain about exclusivity.

The vast majority of "iconic grail" sneakers mean little to me, personally. Plenty I wouldn't mind having, but I'm not in the tax bracket to collect/hoard super-rare and high-value sneakers are therefore a non-factor for me. I'd love an original Paul Newman Daytona or a La Ferrari, but me never buying them does not affect me in any way. Different scales for sure, but I buy sneakers to wear and enjoy. I could never enjoy wearing a 4 or 5 or 6-figure-valued sneaker if I knew I could conversely have that money in my bank account. Maybe someday I'll feel differently.

I can feel them cancelling this.. or changing something or ‘reimagining’ them or something lol. I’m not in denial that they could legit come back but JB’s gonna JB. :lol:

If a product's value is high based on rarity that is a result of limited materials or the passing of the creator/manufacturer, I'm fine with that.

If a product's value is high based on false scarcity created by the manufacturer in order to create/continue hype for their products, and it is desired only because the dollar value is high as a gauge of this rarity, **** that. And all these people that are angry because the shoe they over-paid for isn't going to be as valuable because they're not going to be as rare, *****.

You should like the product because you like the product, regardless of the market value.

literally every luxury item we buy is based on false scarcity
cars
clothes
shoes
watches

that's why they are luxury items

literally every luxury item we buy is based on false scarcity
cars
clothes
shoes
watches

that's why they are luxury items
That's a damn lie at least with shoes and clothes... Price & "quality" has more to do with the perceived luxury than scarcity.

This is not the case at all lol. Maybe your personal grails. But there are a lot of grails that were GR releases

ADVERTISEMENT​

Nope, not true.

I guess the term grail can be subjective but there are tons of AM1s that were not limited releases that are considered "iconic grails"

I'm not opposed to limited releases but some of the pairs that skyrocketed in price were not limited in the first place. SBBs are one of them. Resellers just capitalized on everything and the market became skewed because of it. I can blame some of the buyers for that too since they paid the ridiculous prices.

I blame the buyers including myself
if we all stopped paying resell, stockx would've died long ago

ADVERTISEMENT​

Nope, not true.

I guess the term grail can be subjective but there are tons of AM1s that were not limited releases that are considered "iconic grails"

I'm not opposed to limited releases but some of the pairs that skyrocketed in price were not limited in the first place. SBBs are one of them. Resellers just capitalized on everything and the market became skewed because of it. I can blame some of the buyers for that too since they paid the ridiculous prices.

Sbbs weren't "limited," but the release was not only odd, but it wasn't a standard gr release. Every store didn't get them, not many major chains, they appeared to only dropped at "urban" accounts and the shipment was delayed and sporadic during that time. I generally lucked to 3 weeks after release to hear a DTLR was getting a delayed shipment (on a Wednesday in Atlanta) and to check in after 2:00 pm to see if a size 14 was in the shipment. Just my luck I was currently in the city for a conference and the manager was cool enough to tell me the the shipment came and a confirmed size 14 was on the manifest.

This is not the case at all lol. Maybe your personal grails. But there are a lot of grails that were GR releases

Pigeons, Tiffanys, Paris SBs, Undftd 4s are some of the most well-known and iconic sneakers in this game. You are seriously fooling yourself if you think their exclusivity played little to no role in how popular they became.

You do not have to be a reseller to appreciate exclusivity. For some reason only in this hobby do mfs act like they can’t understand this concept and use stupidass terms like “artificial scarcity”. Even little kids get it. As a kid I used to be into Pokemon cards and still I never acted like it was unfair how they didn’t make enough Charizard cards for everyone who wanted one. Grow tf up fr

Pigeons, Tiffanys, Paris SBs, Undftd 4s are some of the most well-known and iconic sneakers in this game. You are seriously fooling yourself if you think their exclusivity played little to no role in how popular they became.

You do not have to be a reseller to appreciate exclusivity. For some reason only in this hobby do mfs act like they can’t understand this concept and use stupidass terms like “artificial scarcity”. Even little kids get it. As a kid I used to be into Pokemon cards and still I never acted like it was unfair how they didn’t make enough Charizard cards for everyone who wanted one. Grow tf up fr
So in other words you're a hypebeast... I genuinely hope you aren't over the age of 21 talking like this fam.

So in other words you're a hypebeast... I genuinely hope you aren't over the age of 21 talking like this fam.

Genuinely? It’s very disingenuous to accuse people of being hypebeasts or resellers just because they enjoy wearing stuff that not many others have. Clothes, including sneakers, is a form of self expression. Kinda hard to express your individuality wearing the exact same super-accessible sh*t everybody else is wearing

You can talk all you want about how Pandas are a clean versatile colorway… I actually agree with all that. But its complete lack of exclusivity is what keeps it a NPC shoe and it’s no coincidence why us collectors don’t give a f*ck about no Pandas

You can talk all you want about how Pandas are a clean versatile colorway… I actually agree with all that. But its complete lack of exclusivity is what keeps it a NPC shoe and it’s no coincidence why us collectors don’t give a f*ck about no Pandas
Respectfully, are you on drugs? Why are are randomly quoting me about pandas?
CIQMGBS (1).png

& Lol @ "it’s no coincidence why us collectors don’t give a f*ck about no Pandas." Fam, not a single soul cares about what you or your team of hypebeasts thoughts about what is and isn't cool. Who do you think you are?
xTnqfVU.png

90% of your posts are about hype or aftermarket value. This is Niketalk fam, most folks on here are enthusiasts. If you wanna talk hype and resell, there are several subs on Reddit where you'd fit right in.

Back
Top Bottom