Shattered Backboard 1 2025

Respectfully, are you on drugs? Why are are randomly quoting me about pandas?
CIQMGBS (1).png

& Lol @ "it’s no coincidence why us collectors don’t give a f*ck about no Pandas." Fam, not a single soul cares about what you or your team of hypebeasts thoughts about what is and isn't cool. Who do you think you are?
xTnqfVU.png

90% of your posts are about hype or aftermarket value. This is Niketalk fam, most folks on here are enthusiasts. If you wanna talk hype and resell, there are several subs on Reddit where you'd fit right in.

The point is. Jordan retros have never been more popular in the mainstream. The more people want something the more it’s necessary to keep it exclusive. If not they will end up played out. Retros can and will end up with the same stigma as Pandas if they become as accessible as Pandas.

If you still don’t understand this then it’s clearly beyond your capacity to understand so don’t even worry about it fam keep acting like Nike owes you everything you want

The point is. Jordan retros have never been more popular in the mainstream. The more people want something the more it’s necessary to keep it exclusive. If not they will end up played out. Retros can and will end up with the same stigma as Pandas if they become as accessible as Pandas.

If you still don’t understand this then it’s clearly beyond your capacity to understand so don’t even worry about it fam keep acting like Nike owes you everything you want
Man shut up, respectfully.

This is true to some extent and it's kinda happening now, but the real question is, who really cares about this? The hypebeast, trendy wave riders or the people that truly have a love for sneakers?

And to put retro Js in the same convos as pandas is disrespectful lol... Pandas is less than a blip in sneaker history and was a hypebeast trend sneaker fueled by the reseller climate and bandemic cash flow. Of course they would fall off eventually, there was no substance to them. They were just a plastic black and white dunk. Shame on you if you thought you was special when you copped those (especially at exorbitant prices).

Jordans were arguably birthed by street culture, embraced by pop culture, and loved by all worldwide. Even with the flood of jays on the shelves they still sell amongst the "common folk." Will the sales dwindle, sure, but the will still have a strong following till the 80s and 90s babies are in retirement homes.

To think making a few releases more accessible to the masses is gonna ruin the allure of exclusivity for the brand and they somehow get "played out" is nonsense. That line of thought only affects the ones that ain't really in it for the love of kicks in the first place. They'll be on to the next "in" thing, like your move from Pokemon cards to sneakers. Keep that thinking over here and lemme just get my SBBs and undefeated 4s in peace.

TL;DR - stay out the way with the exclusivity rhetoric and let the real sneaker lovers enjoy the harvest

This is true to some extent and it's kinda happening now, but the real question is, who really cares about this? The hypebeast, trendy wave riders or the people that truly have a love for sneakers?

And to put retro Js in the same convos as pandas is disrespectful lol... Pandas is less than a blip in sneaker history and was a hypebeast trend sneaker fueled by the reseller climate and bandemic cash flow. Of course they would fall off eventually, there was no substance to them. They were just a plastic black and white dunk. Shame on you if you thought you was special when you copped those (especially at exorbitant prices).

Jordans were arguably birthed by street culture, embraced by pop culture, and loved by all worldwide. Even with the flood of jays on the shelves they still sell amongst the "common folk." Will the sales dwindle, sure, but the will still have a strong following till the 80s and 90s babies are in retirement homes.

To think making a few releases more accessible to the masses is gonna ruin the allure of exclusivity for the brand and they somehow get "played out" is nonsense. That line of thought only affects the ones that ain't really in it for the love of kicks in the first place. They'll be on to the next "in" thing, like your move from Pokemon cards to sneakers. Keep that thinking over here and lemme just get my SBBs and undefeated 4s in peace.

TL;DR - stay out the way with the exclusivity rhetoric and let the real sneaker lovers enjoy the harvest

Do you think SBB 1s and Undftd 4s are immune from becoming bricks or something lol. I’m tellin you it’s not a good thing for Nike fans when all of Nike’s most treasured and iconic sneakers become recognized as bricks. There’s simply no need for that to happen and those who wish for it to happen are motivated by nothing more than their short term selfish desires. The sneaker game is no fun when everybody has everything they want and especially when everybody wants the same things. Fortunately Nike/JB agrees with me. They know that the love for sneakers is really the love of self expression thru sneakers, and the antithesis of that is when everybody has all the same things.

I’m starting to think this kierris guy is running out of labels to conveniently dismiss me with. First it was reseller, then hypebeast, now troll… wonder what’s next? Stay tuned!

Do you think SBB 1s and Undftd 4s are immune from becoming bricks or something lol.
No, and that is exactly what I want. I cop what I like and don't care if pairs "brick" or "sit". Both terms were popularized by resellers. If a shoe I like gets discounted cause it sat, that's even better for me.

I’m tellin you it’s not a good thing for Nike fans when all of Nike’s most treasured and iconic sneakers become recognized as bricks.
Once again, who is this truly an issue to? I don't think you mean Nike fans, I think you mean hypebeasts. Really though, how many times do you think Nike will rerelease SBBs or undefeated 4s for them to be really recognized as bricks?

There’s simply no need for that to happen and those who wish for it to happen are motivated by nothing more than their short term selfish desires.
Yes, you are correct. No denying that, but you wanting kicks to stay exclusive is a selfish desire as well. You want to be able to say "look at me, you ain't up on this" or "you don't have this therefore I'm the s***."

Let's not complicate things: I like sneakers and I have no stake in Nike's bottom line. We are not friends as they have shown all of us by not giving us friends and family discounts or free trips to Beaverton. They're a business, they supply a product and I want what I want. You think Nike aint motivated by their selfish desires lol... Fake sellouts, limited shenanigans, bot wars, Pepperidge farms remembers.

They were loving the hype, but it's fizzling and now they're digging in the stash cause their bottom line is being affected, not because of some love for the diehard sneaker fans so I'm capitalizing. It is what it is.

The sneaker game is no fun when everybody has everything they want and especially when everybody wants the same things.

That's the thing, it's not a game. Some people just like sneakers and want to cop hassle free without jumping through hoops or having to @ three of their IG friends on a post.

Fortunately Nike/JB agrees with me. They know that the love for sneakers is really the love of self expression thru sneakers, and the antithesis of that is when everybody has all the same things.

Self expression still can be achieved even if we have the same sneakers though. You think we all coming outside at the same time, with the same kicks on, rocking the same outfit? Most of us have rotations. We all have individual style and put things together differently. Thats where the self expression comes from not scarcity. If this truly was the case, why mass produce any clothing. It should just be 1 of 1s all the time, no?

They will never make enough pairs for everyone to get what they want, yet people are satisfied when they have a decent shot. Lost and found 1s were released with decent numbers and they still sold out, they go for $400+ and I haven't seen more than 2 people on any given day with them on (I live in NYC). All things are possible and Chicago 1s ain't bricking no time soon.

I understand what you mean. But exclusivity gets tiring after a while. One of the reasons why we saw more people started buying reps or buying from other brands.

Definitely not true is alll I can say
Doubt it, majority of sneaker heads never even seen them in person

Now I’m not a fan of the leather over all, I like smooth. Good quality tough leather. Not a fan of wrinkled ball sack but the leather on SBB were the nicest to touch and unique.

I’m 99% sure they aren’t going to replicate correctly, they’re gonna try tho

You’re not helping your case by acting like oversaturation isn’t a real thing. It’s disingenuous to claim that if you get tired of looking at some sneakers then it means you never had love for them in the first place. Limiting oversaturation by limiting releases is more important than ever before when Jordans are more popular than ever before.

but you wanting kicks to stay exclusive is a selfish desire as well. You want to be able to say "look at me, you ain't up on this" or "you don't have this therefore I'm the s***."

You realize that I’m not guaranteed access to a pair of kicks just because I want them to be exclusive? You think I don’t want to own every one of these iconic grails for as cheap as possible? When I say I want them to retain some degree of exclusivity, I’m placing my own short term selfish desires below the long term longevity and collectibility of the brand as a whole. Instead of acting like the brand owes me everything I want. Other people have greater access to exclusivity than I do so I’m looking out for them too. The most short term most selfish desire you can possibly have is to hope the whole thing collapses just so you can get your hands on all the exclusive kicks you want, all while telling yourself that exclusivity played no role in you wanting them to begin with.

Once again, who is this truly an issue to? I don't think you mean Nike fans, I think you mean hypebeasts.

No, I mean Nike fans. Because hypebeasts don’t care if the whole brand bricks. They will move onto the next trendy brand that will take its place.

Really though, how many times do you think Nike will rerelease SBBs or undefeated 4s for them to be really recognized as bricks?

They only need to rerelease once in overproduced quantities to become bricks. And once recognized as bricks, who knows how long it will take for them to become even remotely as desirable as they once were, if ever.

Some people just like sneakers and want to cop hassle free without jumping through hoops or having to @ three of their IG friends on a post.

Yes I think most people want to cop Travis 1s as easily and cheaply as possible . . . and so what? So if I want something that makes me entitled to it? This IS like a game and the real problem is with those who act like there’s something wrong with that. Owning exclusive Air Jordans is not a human right and nobody is forcing you to buy them.

Self expression still can be achieved even if we have the same sneakers though.

The point is that an oversaturation in sneakers is inherently a hindrance to self expression through those sneakers. And not all of us care as much about other clothing. This is a sneakers forum not a fashion forum. I’m in favor of keeping sneakers unique enough to be a viable form of self expression on their own.

Lost and found 1s were released with decent numbers and they still sold out, they go for $400+ and I haven't seen more than 2 people on any given day with them on

…. that’s actually a lot. Lmao imagine how much worse it would be if they were even less exclusive.

I don’t care how many people have a shoe. I buy what I like. If everyone else has them too so be it doesn’t bother me one bit. I just want to be able to my pair(s) with as little hassle as possible.

Hypothetical question for everyone: Would it be selfish of me if I was opposed to the idea of selling all retro Js for $29.99 at Walmart from here on out? Many many more people would have access to them as a result. Or would it actually be more selfish to want something like this to happen and just ignore any negative side effects that may result from it?

Hypothetical question for everyone: Would it be selfish of me if I was opposed to the idea of selling all retro Js for $29.99 at Walmart from here on out? Many many more people would have access to them as a result. Or would it actually be more selfish to want something like this to happen and just ignore any negative side effects that may result from it?

Would be phenomenal, but it ain't happening in this reality. That's some Yeezy-level delusion. We may talk **** about Nike material quality and QC, but it you think they 're in the same galaxy as the shoes they sell at Wal-Mart for $29, you must never had them ****s in hand. Make a AJ1 Mid or GR AF1 seem like fine Italian, hand-made footwear.

Wow ok lol. At least 1 NTer would like Jordans to become known as Walmart shoes . . . anyone else wanna cosign this

The Wal Mart analogy is extreme. You know what your doing with that. Since we were kids, we all knew Jordans were expensive. Nobody is saying they are unwilling to pay, they are in fact saying they are, and want a chance to simply buy them in a normal retail situation. Why does that bother you so much?
My question to you is, does it take owning a truly rare item to genuinely make you feel better about yourself? If your above the age of 30 I would hope you say no it dont.
The entitlement arguement is all subjective. Because if I have the money, and willing to buy it, then yeah I should have a chance to. To make it entitled, I would want something for less than retail. Right?
Grails, Mine personally is the 45 Jam from 2016. I wanted those 20 years before they released. Now everyone has had those. They are still my "Grails". I have seen so many that have worn those since release. I love it. If what you wear and own is what you rely on to "stand out", then damn. My opinion here only. But if your buying kicks due to their rarity to seek attention, thats some hypebeast ****.

iPhones are another great example. Expensive as hell and considered a premium product, yet plenty of people have one and no one who has one gives a sliver of a damn at how many other people have the same phone or not.

Why you tryna dodge the question bruh it’s very straightforward. Would it be selfish if I was against Nike/JB’s hypothetical new plan to make their products more accessible by selling Jordans/SBs/Air Maxes at Walmart for much cheaper prices? Why or why not

Back
Top Bottom