Kobe
Fisher

Odom, Farmar, Vujacic, Walton, filler

Have some of this.
pimp.gif
Sheed =/< (depends on health) Bynum
KG > Gasol
PP > Artest
Ray < Kobe (but not by nearly as much as people would think)
Rondo > Fisher

so what's your point
laugh.gif

and Odom hasn't signed yet...

Only difference is none of our guys are injury prone, and are all in their prime. 4 of your 5 starters are old and on their last contract. And 2 of them battled injury all year last year. And a 9 month season won't be easy on them boys.

And as far as point, it was I would like to see these two teams match up in the finals. Thought it was pretty straight forward but guess not.

And yes, I know on Odom, but I don't see him goin anywhere when he knows he can compete for a title, AND live near the beach still in LA.
85a1547ce5a623115c2323f458864201efcefd5.jpg

I can dream, can't I?
laugh.gif

Man that pic is embarassing.
laugh.gif

Oh, and I meant in their primes except for Fisher. He of course is up there in age. (just wanted to correct that before someone yells at me)

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by doyung9

Sheed
KG
Peirce
Allen
Rondo

Perkins, House, Scala, filler

VS

Bynum
Gasol
Artest
Kobe
Fisher

Have some of this.
pimp.gif
KG > Gasol
PP > Artest
Rondo > Fisher

so what's your point
laugh.gif

Only difference is none of our guys are injury prone, and are all in their prime. 4 of your 5 starters are old and on their last contract. And 2 of them battled injury all year last year. And a 9 month season won't be easy on them boys.

And as far as point, it was I would like to see these two teams match up in the finals. Thought it was pretty straight forward but guess not.

And yes, I know on Odom, but I don't see him goin anywhere when he knows he can compete for a title, AND live near the beach still in LA.
85a1547ce5a623115c2323f458864201efcefd5.jpg

I can dream, can't I?
laugh.gif

Man that pic is embarassing.
laugh.gif

Oh, and I meant in their primes except for Fisher. He of course is up there in age. (just wanted to correct that before someone yells at me)
I'm not one to throw salt... but would you really consider Artest in his "prime". I' only question, but I just don't knowhow basket cases can have primes. j/k.

booooooo very mad sheed went to the green and white...but i cant wait to see some black and green AF1's

LAL is still gonna win it all next year

next season is going to be great!

^
Eh, 29. Close enough. And he doesn't have an injury history to speak of.

(for those unsure, I am not a fan of Artest at all. I rather have Ariza plain and simple) But for one or two years at least, he might be an upgrade overAriza. And he'll be hungry next year, whereas the rest of the Lakers may not be. He and Kobe may push enough for the team to not mail it in as they havebefore.

I think Sheed is a great fit, but will he be hungry after how he played last year? Eh. I think KG will be, but all that means is little white PG's needto have eyes in the back of their heads.
laugh.gif

^
Eh, 29. Close enough. And he doesn't have an injury history to speak of.

(for those unsure, I am not a fan of Artest at all. I rather have Ariza plain and simple) But for one or two years at least, he might be an upgrade over Ariza. And he'll be hungry next year, whereas the rest of the Lakers may not be. He and Kobe may push enough for the team to not mail it in as they have before.

I think Sheed is a great fit, but will he be hungry after how he played last year? Eh. I think KG will be, but all that means is little white PG's need to have eyes in the back of their heads.
laugh.gif
That's exactly why Rubio is going back to Spain. He knew he was first on the list to get initiated.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Sheed's a solid pickup for them if he brings it, I don't think there's any doubt about that. Like I said in another thread though, Boston's health is going to determine their destiny, and beyond Pierce I'm not sold that they can stay at full-strength.

Has anyone heard anything about KG's knee? JD617?

The Celtics' trainer has been working with KG at his offseason home in Malibu. They say his rehab is right on schedule.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

f951614fb08aec56ed5637191094966a615c52b4.gif

Another year of being runner up in the West brother. Sorry about that.
wink.gif

smh.gif
.....who knows we might pull an upset
nerd.gif

Uh huh. If Duncan and Ginobili stay healthy all season, that will be an upset, cuz the odds are long on those two things happening.

laugh.gif
man now we're talking to grant hill? such a good time to be a C's fan. much better than the days of hoping eric williams, tony battie and tonydelk could provide a strong supporting cast.
roll.gif

Sheed
KG
Peirce
Allen
Rondo

Perkins, House, Scala, filler

VS

Bynum
Gasol
Artest
Kobe
Fisher

Have some of this.
pimp.gif
KG > Gasol
PP > Artest
Rondo > Fisher

so what's your point
laugh.gif

LOL

Oh wait.. what is this? Both offensively and defensively? because if you're talking about both ends.. then..

Kobe > Ray .. like he can actually defend him?..
laugh.gif

Paula > Artest.. again.. see above..

Gasol match up pretty good against the ORL's bigs in the finals.. that saying a lot for him.. i'll wait and see this match up again..

but..

Rondo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fisher.

laugh.gif

^ i recall great D from "paula" on kobe two years ago in the finals. i'm sure you do as well.

Great D? ok.. he did good but not great..

So you think he can guard Artest on the post?..

He can guard Artest on the perimeter... KG, Perkins and Wallace can help in the post. I don't see Bynum stepping out to hit the open 3 anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

laugh.gif
no one is losing sleep over guarding artest. please.

get ready for all the celtic sigs 2 come back..bandwagon $%@ _'s
why are the celtics fans labeled bandwagoners, yet everyday someone on here is adding a lakers sig and no one says anything? i know damn sureyou're not referring to me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
no one is losing sleep over guarding artest. please.

get ready for all the celtic sigs 2 come back..bandwagon $%@ _'s
why are the celtics fans labeled bandwagoners, yet everyday someone on here is adding a lakers sig and no one says anything? i know damn sure you're not referring to me.
laugh.gif

I recognize the avy, but not the name... and I know I been in game threads arguing with Lakers fans and you being one of the only other Bostonfans.

I wish I had usernames with comments saved with all the !@*# that was said about Artest after Kobe elbowed him...
laugh.gif

Sorry Celts fans for turnin this into a Celts/Lakers thread, I only meant that it would be a great matchup in the finals.

And as for Paul, he was great in the series vs Kobe, but he had Posey to back him up for long stretches, play Ray Ray, and it was 2 years ago compared to theseupcoming finals in 2010. Paul won't have the same legs at that time. Nor will he have Posey.

Artest will beat the hell outta him with all the banging and pushing and shoving he'll do, that will take one helluva toll.

(not saying who will win, whose better, any of that, just talkin straight matchups and what not)

There aren't even that many Celtic bandwagon fans from what I can tell. All the faithful Celtic fans have been on here for years (finns, B2P, i5, koolbarand a few others).

I recognize the avy, but not the name... and I know I been in game threads arguing with Lakers fans and you being one of the only other Boston fans.
laugh.gif
heck yeah dude, there's like four of us on here.
roll.gif

edit:
There aren't even that many Celtic bandwagon fans from what I can tell. All the faithful Celtic fans have been on here for years (finns, B2P, i5, koolbar and a few others).
ah thanks, he already said it.
laugh.gif

Artest always plays Pierce well. I love watching those two go against each other. Artest gives Pierce some problems because he's longer and more athletic.Pierce is still crafty though.

Man I wish Artest would go to the post... when he was on the Kings and Rockets! Good luck with that. With Bynum and Gasol, ok really just Bynum,spacing will be an issue for Artest to post consistently. But I expect him to shoot open 3's and maybe consistently make them.

There may not be many bandwagon fans on this board but I personally know many bandwagon Celtics fans irl.

You don't go cheering MVP for a Laker player in Boston Garden then win a championship the next year and act as if you've been a faithful Boston fanyour whole life.

Anyways great pickup by the Celtics and I fully expect them to be in the finals next year. My opinion of who comes out the west is still undecided though myLaker bias may affect that.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom