Side Hustles 101

In high school I sold CD's (this was before DLing music became so popular) and sold weapons lol. My friend and I used to get knives and stuff for like $5-8 and sold them for $15-20.

Even started a little gambling venture but it didn't last long, I don't remember why.

At times I pulled in like $100 a week (peak), nice pocket money for high school.

Go to local dealerships late at night with some tooth floss, snatch all the logos, ect and then hit ebay!

Go from city to city around the US... chaaa ching

I work as a brand ambassador, I have a few marketing companies that contact me when they have promo events in town. Usually high pay (12-30/hr) and decent hours, and the people you meet are pretty cool. I just did one over Christmas for the Xbox Holiday Tour in S.F., made a cool grand playing DJ Hero and Forza 3 all day, used a bit of that to cop my SJ '09s.

Most areas are usually looking; try hitting up the event gigs section of Craigslist if you're interested in the stuff.

I work 40 hours for B of A, work 12 hours 6 each day at CVS, and sell whatever i think will make me money. Like during Xmas i prolly made like 500 in 2 weeks with zhu zhu toys. They were 9.99 each at the time we were getting 30% discount (normally its 20) so iwas getting them for 7.65 with tax each. Every time i would buy a set of 4, i would have my homies scan coupons for random stuff like mouth wash, detergent, etc. so i was only paying like 15-22 dollars a set of 4. I was selling them for around 85 give or take a few bucks on ebay. Last side hustle i had, i walked into TJ Maxx and they had the world baseball Classic Mexico fitteds for 6.99 each, bought all of 'em 9like 15 of them) sold each one for atleast 17 dollars, i even sold a couple for 30. Im trying to get a job at foot locker (1 or 2 days a week) just for the employee discount so i can start selling sneakers on the side. Online or at outdoor swapmeets, u can make a lot of money there...

Originally Posted by cor23ey

Go to local dealerships late at night with some tooth floss, snatch all the logos, ect and then hit ebay!

Go from city to city around the US... chaaa ching

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

Online Poker FTW 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chiva1908

I work 40 hours for B of A, work 12 hours 6 each day at CVS, and sell whatever i think will make me money. Like during Xmas i prolly made like 500 in 2 weeks with zhu zhu toys. They were 9.99 each at the time we were getting 30% discount (normally its 20) so iwas getting them for 7.65 with tax each. Every time i would buy a set of 4, i would have my homies scan coupons for random stuff like mouth wash, detergent, etc. so i was only paying like 15-22 dollars a set of 4. I was selling them for around 85 give or take a few bucks on ebay. Last side hustle i had, i walked into TJ Maxx and they had the world baseball Classic Mexico fitteds for 6.99 each, bought all of 'em 9like 15 of them) sold each one for atleast 17 dollars, i even sold a couple for 30. Im trying to get a job at foot locker (1 or 2 days a week) just for the employee discount so i can start selling sneakers on the side. Online or at outdoor swapmeets, u can make a lot of money there...
I feel you here, I do the same +!#% at marshalls and ross... sometimes im only like 15-20 profit but it adds up
so as long as you have $$$ its easy to make more  $$$

See this is why I love this place.

More ideas people.

I'm a bit intrigued by you guys flipping phones on CL. Where do you cop from that you swing it right back and profit from.

Like iPhones for example. Don't you gotta get those activated when you purchase them from Apple?

Originally Posted by freshxxx2death

Originally Posted by chiva1908

I feel you here, I do the same +!#% at marshalls and ross... sometimes im only like 15-20 profit but it adds up
so as long as you have $$$ its easy to make more  $$$

for real...it all adds up.

I've NEVER gotten into re-selling kicks. I flipped a few here and there but the way _'s go ape %%%+ for shoes I need to really give it a thought.

I buy phones from friends/ professionals for $300 and flip them back for $500-$750. I usually unlock it and jailbreak it too and charge more.

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

Sports betting
this.. i just started so i can't really call it a legit "hustle" yet, but i had an initial deposit of $50 2 weeks ago and so far i have almost $200 (i've been going conservative). and i can do it all from the comfort of my room.

i use to flip phones and electronics, and sold sneakers for a little bit, but i dont have the time to really be listing !@+# online and shipping anymore. sportsbetting is proving to be much more profitable for the amount of work i have to put in, and i actually gain some entertainment value from following the games.

Stock Market
Car Detailing (a lot more popular when we're not battling Snowmaggedon)
Consulting (Market research, building marketing plans, etc)
Reselling shoes and golf stuff
I've just started flipping cars from auctions and online poker, but I wouldn't call either of them a hustle yet. We'll see how they progress.

Another one I've been considering is LSAT tutoring. I scored in the top 90% on it and I've heard tutors can make really good money. I taught a math class during undergrad so maybe the teaching could transition into tutoring.

One of the Bay Area NT'ers just put me on to sports betting...about to give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom