Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

If Artest and K9 for Odom goes through...

PG Udrih
SG Martin
SF Salmons
PF Odom
C Miller

That's actually not that bad if they can get some good chemistry going. We can bring Thompson, Hawes, Garcia, and some PG not named Douby off the bench andprobably be pretty decent. I'm all for trading Artest for someone who averaged over 10 rebounds on a team with Gasol and Bynum already vacuuming theboards. On the Kings, he might lead the league...We still have no interior defense though unless Thompson is the Kevin Martin of PF's and performs how hedid in college in the NBA.
tired.gif
It's hard and easy to be a fan of ateam with no championship hopes whatsoever. Easy because expectations are so low and it would take something earth-shattering to cause me disappointment; hardbecause, well, losing hurts.

If Bogut got that type of money for an extension, just imagine the kinda deal Josh Smith is going to ask for.
laugh.gif

^ It is too tough in the west though. Not a bad team. A playoff team in the east. But not in the west.

And these jokes of contracts continue.
smh.gif

It is just setting up guys other guys for huge deals. Like Josh Smith. He is going to get paid.
eek.gif

whats with cats gettin mad money this offseason! someone call up amechi, maybe theres a $20mil journeyman deal available for him

Damn, everyone getting crazy money in the offseason. Including the NFL with the rookies.

T-mac to Detroit? I'd be happy, at least he'll get out of the 1st round.

T-Mac on the pistons one of the softest dudes in NBA history? Joe Dumars is rollin over in his... oh wait

id be pissed off if I was a Pistons fan and that deal went through

Andrew Bogut is one of the best centers in basketball; he's one of the few that actually deserves his contract (no word to Diop).

if bogut deserves that much money then andrew bynum deserves an 80 mil extension...

And there's been a long standing rumor that the Pistons are dangling Billups + Prince for T-Mac. How legit though, I dunno. It would make the Rockets better, IMO, but I don't think the Rockets should do it, as, T-Mac's number comes off the books in 2010
that trade would make the rockets one of the most hard defensive teams in the history of the nba... teams would average 70 ppg againstthem
laugh.gif

do the rockets have any money for the free agent class in 2010? houston isnt exactly a desired place in the nba...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

if bogut deserves that much money then andrew bynum deserves an 80 mil extension...

And there's been a long standing rumor that the Pistons are dangling Billups + Prince for T-Mac. How legit though, I dunno. It would make the Rockets better, IMO, but I don't think the Rockets should do it, as, T-Mac's number comes off the books in 2010
that trade would make the rockets one of the most hard defensive teams in the history of the nba... teams would average 70 ppg against them
laugh.gif

do the rockets have any money for the free agent class in 2010? houston isnt exactly a desired place in the nba...

T-Mac's 17+ million comes off the books 2010. But billups and prince, i might pull the trigger on that one

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Andrew Bogut is one of the best centers in basketball; he's one of the few that actually deserves his contract (no word to Diop).

Bogut is pretty good and I believe he still hasn't reached his full potential yet. I just can't believe he got a 5 year, 72 million dollar extensionthough. He's getting just over 14 million a year, which is way too much. They should've gave him something like 5 year, 50-55 million at the most.

Tmac to the piston?
Wow.

Billups and Prince.

Steal!

Billups
Head?
Prince(Battier)
Scola
Yao

Rockets have a great defensive team as even with the lack of defense from Tmac, think with those two!

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by bonafide125

I dont want tmac on the pistons. Trade him to the knicks
the hell?
laugh.gif
dont you want your boy getting out of the first round?

Yea but I've always wanted a Mcgrady x Knicks Jersey
frown.gif

If Baron Davis and Tony Parker were traded for each other, the Spurs would be a better team after the trade than before it. Therefore IMODavis>>>>>Parker.

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
i hope you are not addicted to an illegal substance

I hope you step your knowledge of basketball up soon, because if not, you won't cut it in these parts.
laugh.gif

Bogut IS a good Center, if you take any good Center that we have playing right now (Camby, Dwight, Amare, whoever you want to pick and choose), and put themon a poor/mediocre team, they won't be as productive. Bogut has shown consistency and improvement in his stint with the Bucks. And the deal IS NOT for 72million, it's around 60 million for 5 years, with bonuses of 12 million. I'm sure those are incentives if he plays good, reaches certain goals, thenthat's the extra 12 million. 12 million a year for a dependable Center is NOT a bad contract at all. With all that's going on, you have to rememberthat salaries will continue to rise, because the salary CAP will rise. Before you know it, the Mid-Level Exception will be ~7 million in a few years, probablyby 2011. There's only a HANDFUL of teams that Bogut wouldn't improve as their starting Center.

As for Diop, yeah, now that could be a bad contract, not as bad as Dampiers though.
roll.gif

sick.gif
I just agreed with KLJ, I feel like I have to take a shower...

I swear joe, if u pull this dumb move after years of makin pretty smart moves compared to the rest of the GMs in the L, I'm drivin from jersey and wavin a"fire joe D" at every pistons game, word to matt millan

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Bogut is in the top 7 or 8 centers in the league. Stoudemire (if you consider him a center), Howard, Yao, Camby, Kaman, maybe Bynum, maybe Chandler areahead of him. It's hard to find a 7' center that will get you 15 and 10 every night. Good thing the Bucks locked him up.

Originally Posted by Beats05

If Artest and K9 for Odom goes through...

PG Udrih
SG Martin
SF Salmons
PF Odom
C Miller

That's actually not that bad if they can get some good chemistry going. We can bring Thompson, Hawes, Garcia, and some PG not named Douby off the bench and probably be pretty decent. I'm all for trading Artest for someone who averaged over 10 rebounds on a team with Gasol and Bynum already vacuuming the boards. On the Kings, he might lead the league...We still have no interior defense though unless Thompson is the Kevin Martin of PF's and performs how he did in college in the NBA.
tired.gif
It's hard and easy to be a fan of a team with no championship hopes whatsoever. Easy because expectations are so low and it would take something earth-shattering to cause me disappointment; hard because, well, losing hurts.

although i know what point you're trying to make, Pau & Drew haven't even played together yet, so that "vacuuming the boards" stuffis too early to call

But as far as that trade, i don't wanna see it happen, mainly because Lamar gives us alot more than Ron would give the team

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I hope you step your knowledge of basketball up soon, because if not, you won't cut it in these parts.
laugh.gif

Bogut IS a good Center, if you take any good Center that we have playing right now (Camby, Dwight, Amare, whoever you want to pick and choose), and put them on a poor/mediocre team, they won't be as productive. Bogut has shown consistency and improvement in his stint with the Bucks. And the deal IS NOT for 72 million, it's around 60 million for 5 years, with bonuses of 12 million. I'm sure those are incentives if he plays good, reaches certain goals, then that's the extra 12 million. 12 million a year for a dependable Center is NOT a bad contract at all. With all that's going on, you have to remember that salaries will continue to rise, because the salary CAP will rise. Before you know it, the Mid-Level Exception will be ~7 million in a few years, probably by 2011. There's only a HANDFUL of teams that Bogut wouldn't improve as their starting Center.

As for Diop, yeah, now that could be a bad contract, not as bad as Dampiers though.
roll.gif

sick.gif
I just agreed with KLJ, I feel like I have to take a shower...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Bogut is not a all-star,why is he getting star money

giving this bum 72 million for 5 years is putting salt in the game

how is he getting paid the most when he not even the 2nd best player on the team he is on
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
something is wrong with this picture

laugh.gif
, adding a half-dozen stoneface's doesn't help the validity of your argument, so just a head's up. Bogut is a young, proven Center thathas been consistent for three years with little injury issues. It'd be the same if Bynum got a huge deal, but Bynum hasn't has as many flashes ofsuccess as Bogut has, and he has only one season with more than 50 games. He's not getting paid more than the other two players that I think you'resaying he's not better than, so that throws that argument out the window.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom