Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

i still dont understand why Denver would do that. i feel insulted for him myself. a second rounder?

Steph's done in NY.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ the bucks. Sessions was a more than capable PG

Cuban out here tryin to get a bargain... But, I guess it's a starting point... Stackhouse offers cap room after this year, and Bass is a nice young piecethat fills their need for an explosive PF that can score around the rim...

That offer won't get it done, but at least Mark and the boys are trying...Excerpt from another article...
And from what I'm told, that's not going to happen. As the Mavs see it, the perceived risk of taking Artest is acceptable so long as the price of getting him is Bass and Stackhouse. Lose Howard to get Artest, though, and the gamble is too great. As is always the case, though, things could change.
Like I said earlier in this thread, I couldn't have imagined the Mavericks trading Howard for Artest without some sort of other sweetener,especially if it meant taking back Kenny Thomas' contract... Even at Howard's perceived low point, you've gotta think Ron's history and hisreputation for being a bit of a loose cannon would drag his value further down than Howard making one idiotic comment about marijuana use, considering he'snever failed an NBA administered test...

Like I've said before, there's no question I'd consider Howard for Artest with filler, but I can certainly understand why Cuban and Donnie wouldleave that deal alone and not take the chance...

There also have been reports that Rockets guard Tracy McGrady is interested in coming to the Pistons. Dumars said he could not comment on the report but is flattered McGrady is interested in the Pistons. ESPN's Stephen A. Smith said he spoke to McGrady and said he would not mind coming to Detroit and that he has faith in Dumars as a leader. Detroit News

Houston Rockets star Tracy McGrady told ESPN he would be interested in joining the Pistons. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said Wednesday that McGrady is happy in Houston and was surprised at how reports characterized his interest in being traded to Detroit. ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reported on ESPN late Tuesday night that he spoke with McGrady and that McGrady wouldn't mind a trade to Detroit. Detroit Free Press

A team source told the Free Press this week that the Pistons are not "remotely" close to a deal for Houston Rockets superstar Tracy McGrady. Metronews.ca, which is based in Toronto, said in an Internet report - but cited no sources - that the Pistons are "making a big push for McGrady." The Pistons source downplayed the report, saying the Rockets are just one of many teams to whom the club has spoken about potential trades. Detroit Free Press

Rockets GM dismisses trade talk involving McGrady

07/16/2008

By CHRIS DUNCAN / Associated Press

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said Wednesday that Tracy McGrady is happy in Houston and was surprised at how reports characterized his interest in being traded to Detroit.

Morey spoke a day after an ESPN reporter said McGrady had told him he would be interested in playing for the Pistons. Last week, a Canadian-based media outlet reported without citing sources that Detroit was making a run at the seven-time All-Star.

Morey said he talked to McGrady on Wednesday morning.

"He said he wanted to win and they (the media) ran with it," Morey said. "He said he's happy in Houston. He just was surprised how it all came out."

McGrady's agent, Arn Tellem, did not immediately return a phone message.

Morey said he had one conversation with the Pistons "a few weeks ago." He said he turned down preliminary offers, but wouldn't specify whether any of them involved McGrady.

"I don't want to say what was related," Morey said. "Whatever they offered, we said no to."

McGrady has two years left on his contract at more than $21 million next season and $23.2 million in 2009-10.

The 29-year-old McGrady averaged 21.6 points, 5.9 assists and 5.1 rebounds per game last season, helping Houston to a 55-27 record that included a 22-game winning streak.

The Rockets lost to Utah in the first round of the playoffs for the second consecutive year. McGrady is 0-7 in playoff series in his career.

And I don't think the Mavs and Kings can get anything done. Stack + Bass is too little for Artest, while, J-Ho + Bass is too much for Artest.

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53622/20080716/raptors_sign_roko_ukic/[/h2]
[h2]Raptors Sign Roko Ukic[/h2]
Jul 16, 2008 8:23 PM EST

tor_40.gif
The Toronto Raptors signed Croatian guard Roko Ukic to a three-year contract on Wednesday.

Toronto selected Ukic during the 2nd round of the 2005 NBA draft.

Via Globe and Mail

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#
This is a minor deal but very important when you consider Ukicwas the lone productive PG on the team Brandon Jennings just signed with. Looks like Brandon will be running the show now in Rome.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
left_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
LAC.gif
[/td] [td]Marcus Camby-C-Clippers[/td] [td]Jul. 16 - 10:19 pm et[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td] Marcus Camby is not happy with the Nuggets for trading him to the Clippers.

We use the word "trading" loosely, as Denver got nothing in return for the talented big man. "Blindsided, distraught, disrespected. All those adjectives," Camby said. "I felt like I was the scapegoat for all the first-round exits (five since 2004). Definitely frustrated because I felt that I gave it my all." Camby will probably happily report to L.A. and then set his sights on making the Nuggets pay for shipping him out of town.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
No problem he'll do just fine with Diddy, Thornton and Kaman beside him now
pimp.gif

any news on where josh smith may go?

seeing that he said hes not playing for the hawks cuz of the head coach

Originally Posted by L0VE Me or HATE Me

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53622/20080716/raptors_sign_roko_ukic/[/h2]
[h2]Raptors Sign Roko Ukic[/h2]
Jul 16, 2008 8:23 PM EST

tor_40.gif
The Toronto Raptors signed Croatian guard Roko Ukic to a three-year contract on Wednesday.

Toronto selected Ukic during the 2nd round of the 2005 NBA draft.

Via Globe and Mail

This is a minor deal but very important when you consider Ukic was the lone productive PG on the team Brandon Jennings just signed with. Looks like Brandon will be running the show now in Rome.
eek.gif

Seen him play against the Raps last yr in the pre-season and seen some highlights of him on youtube
looks like he might be a good back up guard for Jose this year,looking forward to seeing him play
pimp.gif

The only problem with Howard though is that he's only half a year younger than Artest. Not that 28 is seriously old or anything.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

haha the Knicks #1 draft pick is softer than pillows

yea because derrick rose really fought through the pain during summer league.

indifferent.gif

Mid-Day updates.......

The Utah Jazz and point guard Deron Williams will make an announcement of agreement on a contract extension during a news conferencethat will be held Friday. "There's going to be a great announcement tomorrow afternoon in Salt Lake City," said Williams'agent, Bob McClaren, from his Houston office. "One that will make everyone happy, I think." Deseret News

A max money contract, based on the projected $60 million team payroll salary cap, would start at $15 million per season for Williams with incremental 10.5percent raises. A full five-year extension would be worth about $90 million. Jazz owner Larry H. Miller previously has stated he considers Williams to be amax-money player. Deseret News

[h2]Dalembert Parts WaysWith Canadian Team[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 3:42 AM EST

phi_40.gif
Sixers'center Samuel Dalembert is no longer a member of the Canadian national team, and it is unclear if he was kicked off the team or left on his own terms, thePhiladelphia Daily News is reporting.

"He's not on the team. I'll leave it at that," said Canadian Coach Leo Rautins yesterday.

The Sports Network of Canada reported that Dalembert had a confrontation with a Canadian team official.

Via Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia 76ers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Suns StillLooking To Trade To Make Room For Dragic?[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 3:39 AM EST

phx_40.gif
According tothe Arizona Republic, Phoenix is still trying to move Leandro Barbosa, who they do not view as a point guard.

Two league sources said Goran Dragic, the Suns' second-round pick last month, has negotiated a buyout with Spanish club TauCeramica to leave this summer.

The buyout, believed to be worth as much as $1.55 million, adds a new dilemma for the Suns. Phoenix can only contribute $500,000towards the buyout, meaning Dragic would need to pay the remainder.

Via Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Dorsey EndsHoldout, Agrees To Terms With Rockets[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 1:52 AM EST

hou_40.gif
While he stillhas not signed a rookie contract, Joey Dorsey and the Houston Rockets reached an agreement on an insurance policy which will allow the ex-Memphis forward toparticipate in the summer league, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

Dorsey was forced to sit the first game because he was not covered.

Via Houston Chronicle

Houston Rockets

[h2]Oden Eager ToPlay But Must Wait Until September[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 1:48 AM EST

por_40.gif
Greg Oden isready to play but is still prohibited from participating in 5-on-5 action, the Associated Press is reporting.

"I'm still rehabbing, but I'm ready to play," Oden told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "I can work out, Ican lift, no 5-on-5, no 3-on-3. That's where everything is going, towards me being able to play when the season starts, but I'm ready."

He said he expects to be cleared to play again in September.

Via ESPN

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Dumars: 50-50 Chance OfTrade[/h2]
Dumars_Joe_det_070128.jpg

Jul 17, 2008 4:57 PM EST

det_40.gif
Pistons'President Joe Dumars believes that there is a 50-50 chance that the team will make a major move before training camp, according to The Detroit News.

"Here is what I can tell you," Dumars said recently. "I am continuing to do everything I can to improve thisteam."

He also reconfirmed that no one on the roster is untouchable, but he's not holding a fire sale either.

Via The Detroit News

Detroit Pistons

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Camby 'Insulted' ByTrade[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 9:49 AM EST

lac_40.gif
Center MarcusCamby made it known on Wednesday that he felt insulted by the trade that sent him from the Nuggets to the Clippers on Tuesday, according to The Rocky MountainNews.

"Blindsided, distraught, disrespected. All those adjectives. I definitely feel insulted," he said in a telephoneinterview.

Denver moved Camby to Los Angeles without getting anything in return, allowing them to cut roughly $10 million from their capnumber.

"When I first heard about the trade, I felt like I was the scapegoat after all our past first-round exits and failures and lackof defense," Camby said. "I felt it was them telling me that I was no longer wanted, and I was the cause of everything that went wrong the lastcouple years on this team."

"I'm still in disbelief. I'm still in shock. I still can't believe this happened."

Via The Rocky Mountain News

Los Angeles Clippers,Denver Nuggets

[h2]Wolves Agree To Terms WithSmith[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 5:01 PM EST

min_40.gif
TheTimberwolves have agreed to terms with restricted free agent forward Craig Smith on a two-year contract, according to The Star-Tribune.

Smith is expected to join Minnesota's summer league team in Las Vegas on Thursday.

Smith averaged 9.4 points on 56.3 percent shooting and 4.6 rebounds in 77 games last season.

Via The Star-Tribune

Minnesota Timberwolves

[h2]Celtics Looking AroundWith Posey Gone[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 4:53 PM EST

bos_40.gif
The Celtics arelooking at a number of options via free agency with James Posey having left the team for the Hornets, according to The Boston Globe.

Posey signed a four-year, $25 million deal with New Orleans on Wednesday.

Available options for Boston include Michael Finley, Devean George, Matt Barnes, Bostjan Nachbar, Maurice Evans, C.J. Miles and BonziWells.

"We go to the next options," said Danny Ainge. "We're not going to sign one player that is going to replace JamesPosey. We're going to do it in a different way and different fashion. We are going to reallocate our dollars in different ways."

Via The Boston Globe

Boston Celtics

[h2]Bulls Far Apart InTalks With Gordon, Deng[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 4:44 PM EST

chi_40.gif
The Bulls arestill far away in their talks with restricted free agents Ben Gordon and Luol Deng, according to The Chicago Tribune.

General Manager John Paxson has repeatedly said that the team will not make any other moves until decisions are made on both Gordonand Deng.

Last summer Gordon turned down an extension worth $75 million while Deng opted not to take a $50 million deal from theteam.

Via The Chicago Tribune

Chicago Bulls

[h2]Source: Mavs Make Offer ForArtest[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 4:37 PM EST

dal_40.gif
The Maverickshave reportedly made an offer for Kings' forward Ron Artest, according to The Sacramento Bee.

Dallas has reportedly offered Jerry Stackhouse and Brandon Bass for Artest, but the Kings aren't expected to seriously considertrading with the Mavericks unless Josh Howard is included in the deal.

Via The Sacramento Bee

Dallas Mavericks,Sacramento Kings

[h2]Nets OfferedPackage Of Young Players For Camby[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 11:54 AM EST

njn_40.gif
The Netsoffered Denver a package of young players (Sean Williams, Josh Boone, Marcus Williams, a take your pick kind of scenario) and expiring contracts for MarcusCamby, but the Nuggets didn't want salaries coming back, Nets' officials said.

Via Star-Ledger

New Jersey Nets, Denver Nuggets

[h2]Suns Could Bring InLivingston[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 11:24 AM EST

phx_40.gif
The Suns havebeen monitoring the situation surrounding ex-Clipper Shaun Livingston, who hasn't played since February 2007.

He was cleared to resume basketball activities last month but is still not ready to play.

Via East Valley Tribune

Phoenix Suns

[h2]Five Teams Interested InElson?[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 11:20 AM EST

sea_40.gif
The possibilityof Francisco Elson returning to the Nuggets increased dramatically following the Marcus Camby trade. Oklahoma City, Charlotte, New Jersey, and possibly theLakers are also interested in Elson.

Via Denver Post

Seattle SuperSonics, Charlotte Bobcats,New Jersey Nets, Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]DenverConsidering Andersen And Elson To Replace Camby[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 11:17 AM EST

den_40.gif
The Nuggets areconsidering Chris Andersen and Francisco Elson as possibilities to replace Marcus Camby.

Elson's agent Calvin Andrews, who also represents Carmelo Anthony, said Nuggets' officials have told him they have interest inbringing back his client.

Via Rocky Mountain News

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Yao Returns To Court ForChina[/h2]
Jul 17, 2008 9:59 AM EST

hou_40.gif
Rockets'center Yao Ming returned to the court for the first time in almost six months on Thursday when he joined China's national team in an Olympics warmupagainst Serbia, according to The Associated Press.

Yao's appearance at the Stankovic Cup is his first game action since he suffered a stress fracture to his left foot in February,ending his NBA season and threatening his status with China's team.

Via ESPN

Houston Rockets

LAS VEGAS -- The Los Angeles Clippers have identified the latest target in their recovery from the free-agent loss of Elton Brand by agreeing to terms on anoffer sheet with restricted free agent Kelenna Azubuike of the Golden State Warriors.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers have extended a multi-year offer using their estimated $3 million in salary-cap space left over aftercompleting a trade Tuesday with the Denver Nuggets to acquire center Marcus Camby as their primary Brand replacement.

The Warriors will have seven days to match the offer when the deal is completed, but the Clippers would appear to have a good chance of emerging from that waitwith Azubuike. Although the England-born swingman was beginning to blossom under coach Don Nelson in Oakland, Golden State has Monta Ellis, Corey Maggette andStephen Jackson ahead of Azubuike in Nelson's rotation as well as 2007 first-round pick Marco Belinelli.

Azubuike is still developing after just two seasons in the league but has shown flashes of the ability to score from the wing that the Clippers need afterMaggette signed a five-year deal worth an estimated $50 million with Golden State last week. Going to Los Angeles would reunite Azubuike with new Clippersguard Baron Davis after they spent the bulk of the past two seasons together with the Warriors.

Golden State, meanwhile, will learn Friday whether it can finally add Los Angeles Lakers restricted free agent Ronny Turiaf to its roster. The Lakers arewidely expected not to match the Warriors' four-year, $17 million offer sheet to the energetic power forward with promising center Andrew Bynum scheduledto rejoin the team in training camp and partner with Pau Gasol on L.A.'s front line.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Cuban out here tryin to get a bargain... But, I guess it's a starting point... Stackhouse offers cap room after this year, and Bass is a nice young piece that fills their need for an explosive PF that can score around the rim...

That offer won't get it done, but at least Mark and the boys are trying...Excerpt from another article...
And from what I'm told, that's not going to happen. As the Mavs see it, the perceived risk of taking Artest is acceptable so long as the price of getting him is Bass and Stackhouse. Lose Howard to get Artest, though, and the gamble is too great. As is always the case, though, things could change.
Like I said earlier in this thread, I couldn't have imagined the Mavericks trading Howard for Artest without some sort of other sweetener, especially if it meant taking back Kenny Thomas' contract... Even at Howard's perceived low point, you've gotta think Ron's history and his reputation for being a bit of a loose cannon would drag his value further down than Howard making one idiotic comment about marijuana use, considering he's never failed an NBA administered test...

Like I've said before, there's no question I'd consider Howard for Artest with filler, but I can certainly understand why Cuban and Donnie would leave that deal alone and not take the chance...

It's a tough scenario really. I've always seen the Mavs/Kings as somewhat mini-rivals since the days of Christie/Peja/Vlade. I don't think theMaloofs are particularly fond of Cuban either. If we did get Artest for the offered deal, it'd be a steal, without a doubt. Bass is good, and yeah we mayhave been giving up on him early, but the opportunity to have Artest/Kidd/Josh/Dirk in our starting five is something you cannot pass up. If only they hadinterest in Jason Terry,
laugh.gif
(who for the record, is probably my second favorite Maverick since Nash left).

I think Rick Carlisle has faith that he can turn around Josh Howard, and make him and Kidd are good tandem together as Dirk has excelled since Kidd cameonto the scene (and there's no question about that). I think that's why Cuban/Donnie are uneasy of letting Howard go (he is a former All-Star, and hedid have that 47 point game last year,
laugh.gif
). I actually don't think Francisco Garcia would help out our team too much, it would negate the guys we'vesigned so far (although Garcia has better touch from the outside). I believe Singleton and Green are good enough athletes to strive with Kidd. And if Kidd canlegitimatize Mikki Moore into an efficient Center, I hope he can with Diop as well.
laugh.gif

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53637/20080717/bulls_far_apart_in_talks_with_gordon_deng/[/h2]
[h2]Bulls Far Apart In Talks With Gordon, Deng[/h2]

chi_40.gif
The Bulls are still far away in their talks with restricted free agents Ben Gordon and Luol Deng, according to The Chicago Tribune.

General Manager John Paxson has repeatedly said that the team will not make any other moves until decisions are made on both Gordon and Deng.

Last summer Gordon turned down an extension worth $75 million while Deng opted not to take a $50 million deal from the team.

Via The Chicago Tribune

I remember when people were getting on Gilbert for saying that both of them made mistakes by passing up those deals. There's no way Gordon isseeing that type of contract again.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53637/20080717/bulls_far_apart_in_talks_with_gordon_deng/[/h2]
[h2]Bulls Far Apart In Talks With Gordon, Deng[/h2]

chi_40.gif
The Bulls are still far away in their talks with restricted free agents Ben Gordon and Luol Deng, according to The Chicago Tribune.

General Manager John Paxson has repeatedly said that the team will not make any other moves until decisions are made on both Gordon and Deng.

Last summer Gordon turned down an extension worth $75 million while Deng opted not to take a $50 million deal from the team.

Via The Chicago Tribune
I remember when people were getting on Gilbert for saying that both of them made mistakes by passing up those deals. There's no way Gordon is seeing that type of contract again.

I agree, 75 million extension is crazy for Gordon's caliber. Although, I think Deng could have gotten more last off-season, 50 million sounds justright for him.

how the hell did paxson decide that bg was worth 25 more million than luol deng?

that type of stupidity is going to get the bulls no where.

I don't think he was offered $75M last year. From what i remember BG was offered $50M and Loul was offered $57M. There is no way that the Bulls would offerBG $25M more than Deng.

But i may be wrong, i'm just going off of memory

Back
Top Bottom