Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by jmause3

I don't think he was offered $75M last year. From what i remember BG was offered $50M and Loul was offered $57M. There is no way that the Bulls would offer BG $25M more than Deng.

But i may be wrong, i'm just going off of memory

i think you are correct, no way BG was offered over $50 mill.

Not only has Lue signed with the Bucks, but so has Malik Allen.
sick.gif

[table][tr][td]
left_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
MLW.gif
[/td] [td] Malik Allen-F-Bucks[/td] [td]Jul. 17 - 9:29 pm et[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td] Forward Malik Allen signed a contract with the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday.

He shouldn't offer much fantasy value playing behind Charlie Villanueva, but could see some minutes since the team is not too deep at the power forward position.
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
left_corner_bt_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
right_corner_bt_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
left_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
MLW.gif
[/td] [td] Tyronn Lue-G-Bucks[/td] [td]Jul. 17 - 9:27 pm et[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td] Point guard Tyronn Lue signed a contract with the Milwaukee Bucks.

No word on whether it was a one- or two-year deal. Lue will be a third-stringer in Milwaukee, and won't see many minutes behind Mo Williams and Ramon Sessions.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

listening to xtrasports am radio with Lee Hacksaw Hamilton here in SD and he said there have been talks about Odom for Rasheed Wallacestraight up. Both have expiring contracts. Mitch would like to keep LO, Phil thinks otherwise... thiswas reported around 4pm today.

sheed just doesn't give a %%%+ about winning anymore so i dont know about. sheed fits perfectly though. hes got a jumper can defend, and hit the3.....everything odom cant do....lol

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

sheed cant play the 3 tho so that trade makes no sense

Yeah I can't see the reasoning behind trading Odom for Sheed. Sheed is best at 4, and Gasol is the four of the team, and Gasol is better than Rasheed.Odom is better at a three than Sheed could be at any other position on the floor.

The Lakers just need to sit tight, and see how things go with Bynum in the starting five.

[h1]Rod Thorn warms on Net future[/h1]
BY JULIAN GARCIA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, July 17th 2008, 12:32 AM

amd_thorn.jpg
Antonelli/News
Rod Thorn

After the Nets made two huge trades in the last five months - sending Jason Kidd to Dallas in February and Richard Jefferson to Milwaukee in June - critics said the team was in for a dry spell that could last until it moves to Brooklyn in two years.

But team president Rod Thorn isn't so sure. In fact, the man responsible for dramatically overhauling the Nets thinks there's a chance that the dry spell might already be over.

Not that Thorn is ready to declare the Nets back after a one-year playoff drought, but he's growing more and more optimistic each day that the moves he and general manager Kiki Vandeweghe have made recently will have the team on the right track sooner rather than later.

"I feel better about this team going forward than I did a month ago," Thorn said Wednesday after officially announcing the signings of the two most recent additions, veteran forwards Eduardo Najera and Jarvis Hayes. "We've gotten bigger, we've gotten younger and we've gotten stronger. Over the past six months, we've lost a great player in Jason and a heck of a player in Richard, so we'll have to see. But long-term, I feel better about our team."

Aside from still having Vince Carter and Devin Harris, who was acquired in the Kidd deal, the Nets also got 20-year-old 7-footer Yi Jianlian in the Jefferson trade.

Najera and Hayes make the Nets bigger and stronger and add a little experience to the roster - the Nets already have eight players with no more than two years of NBA experience, including Yi, who many feel has the potential to develop into one of the league's elite big men.

Thorn said there are still "a few things to do" before the Nets open camp in September, such as find a combo guard and perhaps a pure point guard to back up Harris and Marcus Williams, who is believed to be on the trading block.

A report in the Rocky Mountain News yesterday said the Nets had been interested in trading Williams, Josh Boone and Nenad Krstic to Denver for Marcus Camby, who was instead dealt to the Clippers for a future second-round draft pick in 2010. Camby's agent, Rick Kaplan, was quoted as saying that Vandeweghe "really wanted (Camby)."

Even without Camby, the Nets have an abundance of big men, including first-round draft pick Brook Lopez, who earned rave reviews in the Orlando summer league last week, averaging 19.5 points in five games. Lopez is scheduled to be part of the Nets' roster in next week's Rocky Mountain Revue in Salt Lake City.

As for Krstic, the restricted free agent who has already received a $2.7 million qualifying offer from the Nets, Thorn said New Jersey will match any "fair" offer he receives, as is the team's right. He also said there's "certainly a possibility that he'll be playing for us" next season.

Can Chris Wallace please deal Crittenton for Josh Boone
pimp.gif
Boone and Gay reunited from their UCONN days.

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

and Gasol is better than Rasheed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

As far as the Lakers and the system they play, Gasol is perfect. Sheed would not fit into their system, IMO. Rasheed is too inconsistent to be relied on.When Sheed is on, he's unstoppable, but that's far too uncommon. A few years ago I would have never said Rasheed is better than Gasol, but Rasheed is34 years old, and he's not nearly as efficient as he once was. Don't be fooled by his ring/attitude, Gasol is better than Rasheed right now. Gasol willscore more efficiently, and will grab more boards. The only thing that Sheed is better than Gasol at is defense, and that's Gasol's weakspot (as withmore Euro bigmen).

EDIT:

laugh.gif
Everytime Gasol went up against Sheed', he was physically beaten.

Who was physically beaten? Gasol has had some great games against Detroit the past few years..

22/15, 18/8, 31/7, 32/13. Although all of those are losses, you can't blame Gasol, he had the Grizzlies backing him up.

It's a toss-up who's better, but Gasol is a better fit on the Lakers. Odom for Wallace would be a horrible move.

I was thinking. If the nuggets are trying to make moves to make cap space for next year... wouldn't a stephon marbury for allen iverson trade work forthem... isn't stephs contract over after this year. Nd the knicks might as well take a.i.

Originally Posted by pilo1990

I was thinking. If the nuggets are trying to make moves to make cap space for next year... wouldn't a stephon marbury for allen iverson trade work for them... isn't stephs contract over after this year. Nd the knicks might as well take a.i.

I think both of their contracts expire after this year, so it would be a lateral move.

The Utah Jazz and point guard Deron Williams will make an announcement of agreement on a contract extension during a news conference that will be held Friday. "There's going to be a great announcement tomorrow afternoon in Salt Lake City," said Williams' agent, Bob McClaren, from his Houston office. "One that will make everyone happy, I think." Deseret News

A max money contract, based on the projected $60 million team payroll salary cap, would start at $15 million per season for Williams with incremental 10.5 percent raises. A full five-year extension would be worth about $90 million. Jazz owner Larry H. Miller previously has stated he considers Williams to be a max-money player. Deseret News
pimp.gif
Yes.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Sheed>Gasol
QFT

especially in the NBA Finals
ohwell.gif

Flawed.

Rasheed in Finals- 13 ppg, 8 rebounds per game, 1 assist per game against Karl Malone (old as hell Karl Malone, mind you).
Pau in Finals- 14 ppg, 10rebounds per game ~3 and a half assists per game against KG and a superior Celtic's defense (as good as the Piston's defense was, no one was touchingthis Celtics team).

A few years ago Rasheed was better, but a lot of you are blinded by how good he used to be, and Pau was injured a while, and he hasn't been on a good teamuntil half of this season.

Tell me what Gasol has done in his illustrious career that makes him more valuable than having a Sheed type player on a contending team?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

and Gasol is better than Rasheed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

As far as the Lakers and the system they play, Gasol is perfect. Sheed would not fit into their system, IMO. Rasheed is too inconsistent to be relied on. When Sheed is on, he's unstoppable, but that's far too uncommon. A few years ago I would have never said Rasheed is better than Gasol, but Rasheed is 34 years old, and he's not nearly as efficient as he once was. Don't be fooled by his ring/attitude, Gasol is better than Rasheed right now. Gasol will score more efficiently, and will grab more boards. The only thing that Sheed is better than Gasol at is defense, and that's Gasol's weakspot (as with more Euro bigmen).

EDIT:

laugh.gif
Everytime Gasol went up against Sheed', he was physically beaten.

Who was physically beaten? Gasol has had some great games against Detroit the past few years..

22/15, 18/8, 31/7, 32/13. Although all of those are losses, you can't blame Gasol, he had the Grizzlies backing him up.

I wouldn't count that 18 and 8. That's basically his average. I know last season he averaged 14ppg, 9rpg and shot 38% from the field againstDetroit. The season before he shot 35% from the field against Detroit even though he put up 22ppg and 15rpg during those two games. He had one really good yearagainst Detroit and that was the last year Memphis made the playoffs in the 05-06 season. Sheed' is aging now, so if the Lakers did get Sheed' it wouldbe stupid. Gasol is younger and has just about the same amount of talent with the exception of his range, but Sheed' is just better physically and thatssomething Pau will never have.

Originally Posted by Verdykt

The Utah Jazz and point guard Deron Williams will make an announcement of agreement on a contract extension during a news conference that will be held Friday. "There's going to be a great announcement tomorrow afternoon in Salt Lake City," said Williams' agent, Bob McClaren, from his Houston office. "One that will make everyone happy, I think." Deseret News

A max money contract, based on the projected $60 million team payroll salary cap, would start at $15 million per season for Williams with incremental 10.5 percent raises. A full five-year extension would be worth about $90 million. Jazz owner Larry H. Miller previously has stated he considers Williams to be a max-money player. Deseret News
pimp.gif
Yes.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom