Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Nike big market contract clause FTW!!!
Knicks still suck!!!! Why the @@+@ would Lebron go from a team that is bad to a team that is even worse???? If he were so worried about thecontract clause wouldnt he just go to L.A. or Boston where the team doesn't suck at life.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Josh Howard for Ron Artest? YES!
Ron Artest is everything the Mavs need. I just hope he doesn't go crazy.

If we trade Josh for Ron and then resign Diop i'll do a damn dance.
Yup... I'd trade Josh for Artest, split the MLE between Diop and someone like Mikael Pietrus, and buy a late first rounder if one comes available and take someone like Mario Chalmers or Brandon Rush that can come in immediately and contribute on the defensive end of the floor...

I saw a thread on a Pacers board not long ago, talking about how they (fans) would almost be happy with a deal like Erick Dampier and Jason Terry for Jermaine O'Neal, because they just feel like Jermaine has run his course in Indiana, and it actually saves the team money over the next couple of years...
laugh.gif
eek.gif
That deal = Gold Mine. But it'll never happen.

Rumors from Marc Stein suggest Cuban and Donnie Nelson will do everything in their power to get involved with Josh Smith and Shawn Marion if they come available through sign-and-trade scenarios...

I suggested a JO for Josh+Stack+EJ then go after Artest somehow, I really don't think we can get JET for Artest though. I'd be much happier trying to get Smith or Marion though.
tired.gif
The offseason, such agony.

the Mavs with Josh Smith would be a problem....
eek.gif

Kidd for Iverson (or somethin similar) should still be done, it makes sense for both teams to me.

laugh.gif
, as some others have said before, it makes TOO much sense too happen,
tired.gif

Scottsauce, be serious, LeBron can turn a franchise around, look at what he did for the Cavs.

Yall don't think LeBron is gona get into with it teammates/management/coaching rather soon?

Anymore nights like last night and it's bound to happen...

Knicks still suck!!!! Why the @@+@ would Lebron go from a team that is bad to a team that is even worse????
The man has an ego, it's NY...

And the offer would be a couple years from now...once the garbage is gone and the team has some young pieces to pair with him.

BUT THE KNICKS STILL SUCK!

Relax, we know....it's a process....and it's wishful thinking...but it's not unrealistic.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

laugh.gif
at this thread. All it is is Knick fans thinking they are going to get the one or two pick and LBJ is going to come to NY in 2010. I hope the Knicks get the 8th pick in the draft.

It's funny how things work because a couple of days ago, Knick fan, nycknicks105 asked how this turned intoa Baron Davis + Golden State Warriors thread...

The Phoenix Suns have begun their coaching search in earnest byinterviewing Detroit Pistons assistant coach Terry Porter.

Suns president Steve Kerr told ESPN.com that he flew inand out of Detroit on Thursday to meet with Porter, his former teammate for two seasons in San Antonio.

[+] Enlarge

. Lippitt/Einstein/Getty Images

Pistons assistant Terry Porter coached the Milwaukee Bucks for two seasons.

Porter, who posted a 71-92 record in a two-season stint as Milwaukee's head coach from 2003-05, is believed to the first to formally meet with theSuns.

Other candidates who have been mentioned prominently are Suns assistant general manager Vinny Del Negro, part-time Utah Jazz coach Jeff Hornacek, ESPN analyst Mark Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis, three-time NBA head coachPaul Silas and Boston Celtics assistant coach Tom Thibodeau.

KRIV-TV in Houston reported on its Web site Thursday night that the Rockets have given permission to the Suns to interview assistant coach Elston Turner.

Porter had not surfaced in speculation before Thursday, suggesting that -- as Kerr warned recently in an interview with The Arizona Republic -- the earlyguesses in circulation about the Suns' pecking order are just that.

"I don't think anybody has a clue," Kerr told the newspaper. "I have my list."

Kerr has also made it clear that he plans to be "thorough and methodical" and might need "a month" to settle on a replacement for newKnicks coach Mike D'Antoni.

"There's not a huge rush because we're not one of five or six teams out there looking for someone," Kerr said. "So we don't feellike we're competing with other people."

Yet Kerr has never hidden his fondness for Porter, calling him "one of the best people I've ever met in the league" in a 2003 column Kerrwrote for Yahoo! Sports.

This is Porter's second season as an assistant to Flip Saunders in Detroit. He spent one season as an assistant to Rick Adelman in Sacramento in 2002-03before landing the Milwaukee job, taking the Bucks to the playoffs in his first season (41-41) before a 30-52 mark in 2004-05 resulted in his dismissal.

In an interview in Thursday's editions of The Chicago Tribune, Kerr said: "What's interesting is that there are no obvious candidates now.It's not like there are really prominent former head coaches out there. Once D'Antoni was off the market, it kind of changed things."

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

Damn, Kerr is gunning for all these former players to be the next coach. Del Negro? Hornacek?
laugh.gif

I see that Tom Thibodeau is on his list though.

He made the Rockets a top 5 defensive team when he was here with JVG year in and year out. JVG out, Adelman in, Thibodeau goes to Boston. Surprise, surprise,the Celtics are one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Tom Thibodeau would be a great choice.
pimp.gif

I'm ok with Josh Howard for Artest as a Kings fan. I just hope something happens asap to shake up the Kings roster

Knicks still suck!!!! Why the @@+@ would Lebron go from a team that is bad to a team that is even worse???? If he were so worried about the contract clause wouldnt he just go to L.A. or Boston where the team doesn't suck at life.
eyes.gif
You really think you couldn't just stick LeBron on theKnicks right now and they wouldn't make it to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Damn, I haven't heard the name "Vinny Del Negro" in years
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I heard it somewhere recently, I forgot where, but I still have some of his basketball cards.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I heard it somewhere recently, I forgot where, but I still have some of his basketball cards.
laugh.gif

I have a bunch of Vinny Del Negro cards from '97
laugh.gif
. I don't know where they are, but they're in my room somewhere
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have a bunch of Vinny Del Negro cards from '97
laugh.gif
. I don't know where they are, but they're in my room somewhere
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
same here. i remember in one of his cards he was using a pinkor blue ball (i'm not referring to that for you sick minded people) and smiling at the camera.
laugh.gif
it was like Upper Deck 95-96 or 96-97.

Knicks still suck!!!! Why the @@+@ would Lebron go from a team that is bad to a team that is even worse???? If he were so worried about the contract clause wouldnt he just go to L.A. or Boston where the team doesn't suck at life.

Superb logic.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

eyes.gif
You really think you couldn't just stick LeBron on the Knicks right now and they wouldn't make it to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Of course notz! hab you sen lebum in the playofs tis yr? hez a bum!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom