Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Denver isn't going to win with the way they're currently constructed, so they've gotta do something... Not sure trading Melo is the way to gounless you're going to just completely blow it up and start all over...

On the other side:
- Rose/Beasley (at least they hope so)
- Iverson
- Jefferson
- Kenyon

???!?!

Am I the only one that thinks they wouldn't even make the Western Conference playoffs?

I definitely don't see how you guys are saying right now that it would be a steal for Denver.
Looking at the current Denver lineup (who barely made it into the playoffs/isn't known for their D even WITH Camby) how good is this team?

Dallas is better. Houston is better. Phoenix is better. The rest of the top of the West is better. Golden State is on par with them. Portland is upcoming. LAC with a healthy Brand isn't that far behind.

Considering how stacked the West is, how far can this Denver team really go? WCF? Finals? I wouldn't bet on it. Nobody could realistically see themgoing far looking at hte West.

And that's if they even make the playoffs, which again, they barely did this year.

Make this move, and you unload two big contracts, get an expiring contract back (Van Horn) and get a lottery pick back.

Might as well blow it up now, and this is as good a time to do it, considering everything they're getting back.

Then they can entertain the thought of moving AI (who isn't getting any younger) or keep him, but move him back to his natural position, the 2 spot. (WithWilliams now taking over PG duties)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Denver isn't going to win with the way they're currently constructed, so they've gotta do something... Not sure trading Melo is the way to go unless you're going to just completely blow it up and start all over...

How would you feel on an AI for Kidd deal straight up? It's been suggested several times here on NT, but I never heard you chime in on it. I think itfits both teams perfectly. The Nuggets have plenty of scorers, just not someone who can set-up the offense. The Mavericks don't really need that as much,they need more scoring, thus AI.

Franchise touches on a good point I didn't bring up. Rebuilding without going through the grueling process of waiting. It seems like AI likes it theremore than Melo, and Melo is fine with a change of scenery. I for one would like to see Marcus Williams get a starting gig to see if he can produce.

Are you serious, that is an absolute steal for the Brooklyn Nets, getting Melo w/o having to give up VC, that would be fun to watch. Harris+Melo+VC=top 3 seedin the East. And if they get rid of VC in 2010 and land LeBron
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Melo+Bron+Harris=wrap for the East

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Are you serious, that is an absolute steal for the Brooklyn Nets, getting Melo w/o having to give up VC, that would be fun to watch. Harris+Melo+VC=top 3 seed in the East. And if they get rid of VC in 2010 and land LeBron
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif
, if Bron/Melo end up on the same team for more than one game (ASG) I won't quit posting, but I will. If yall understand that. Cheers to beingoptimistic, but doubt it.

I know, just wishful thinking...but if they somehow move VS's huge contract and Camby's expires, Jay-Z will have A LOT of CAP room to make the push ofall pushes at LeBron James. He's definitely not staying in Cleveland, so I'm just counting down the days until July 2010 to see where he'll end up.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Denver isn't going to win with the way they're currently constructed, so they've gotta do something... Not sure trading Melo is the way to go unless you're going to just completely blow it up and start all over...

How would you feel on an AI for Kidd deal straight up? It's been suggested several times here on NT, but I never heard you chime in on it. I think it fits both teams perfectly. The Nuggets have plenty of scorers, just not someone who can set-up the offense. The Mavericks don't really need that as much, they need more scoring, thus AI.

Ehhh... I just don't know how much better Iverson realistically makes this team...

I feel like a lot of Kidd's problems this season in Dallas were more fitting within a stand-around, ISO offense than it was his skills just flat outdeteriorating... He was damn good in New Jersey this year, he didn't just come to Dallas and have his skills fall off that suddenly...

At this point, I'd almost rather move Howard, Terry, or some of the supplemental pieces to put better athletes around Kidd and Dirk than make a moveright now involving Kidd... His expiring deal will be more valuable 6 months from now than it is right now, so we might as well try and build around that fornow and see what happens early next year...
If I'm Cuban and Donnie, I get the Clippers back on the hook and see if Terry for Maggette is still anoption. I look at every possible option for Josh Howard, and if something that gives you equal value presents itself, I jump on it. If you can get involved forsomeone like Shawn Marion, Josh Smith, or Ron Artest, do it. Then I split the MLE between Diop and someone like Chris Duhon or Mikael Pietrus, and buy a latefirst rounder to get someone like Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers, Davon Jefferson or Billy Walker... Then move around in the 2nd round and get a guy like DaVonHardin or DJ White that fits the mold of someone like Brandon Bass, Jason Maxiell, and Leon Powe...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

How would you feel on an AI for Kidd deal straight up? It's been suggested several times here on NT, but I never heard you chime in on it. I think it fits both teams perfectly. The Nuggets have plenty of scorers, just not someone who can set-up the offense. The Mavericks don't really need that as much, they need more scoring, thus AI.

Ehhh... I just don't know how much better Iverson realistically makes this team...

I feel like a lot of Kidd's problems this season in Dallas were more fitting within a stand-around, ISO offense than it was his skills just flat out deteriorating... He was damn good in New Jersey this year, he didn't just come to Dallas and have his skills fall off that suddenly...

At this point, I'd almost rather move Howard, Terry, or some of the supplemental pieces to put better athletes around Kidd and Dirk than make a move right now involving Kidd... His expiring deal will be more valuable 6 months from now than it is right now, so we might as well try and build around that for now and see what happens early next year...
If I'm Cuban and Donnie, I get the Clippers back on the hook and see if Terry for Maggette is still an option. I look at every possible option for Josh Howard, and if something that gives you equal value presents itself, I jump on it. If you can get involved for someone like Shawn Marion, Josh Smith, or Ron Artest, do it. Then I split the MLE between Diop and someone like Chris Duhon or Mikael Pietrus, and buy a late first rounder to get someone like Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers, Davon Jefferson or Billy Walker... Then move around in the 2nd round and get a guy like DaVon Hardin or DJ White that fits the mold of someone like Brandon Bass, Jason Maxiell, and Leon Powe...

I pretty much agree. At season's end, I felt upset that Kidd didn't do more, but I always knew the transition for a new starting PG for a Playoffteam would be rough. I'm open to trading Kidd for AI, but not much beyond that IMO, it just seems very ideal for both teams. I don't know if theClippers would still do the Maggette deal, and I have an emotional attachment to JET, but if it makes us better (thus getting Maggs), I'd have to let himgo. I think we'd be better off waiting to see if Josh Howard improves at all under a full training-camp/new coach, because right now his stock is VERY lowanyways, and if it gets any higher, we could trade him @ trade deadline. I'm not sure if we could get Diop/Duhon for the MLE, it seems relatively highpriced. I'm all for Rush/Chalmers coming to the Mavericks though.
laugh.gif

I almost forgot we have Reyshawn Terry, but for some reason I don't think he'll make our roster this year,
tired.gif

This rumor is eating me up.

AI, Melo and VC are my 3 favorite players. I wanted AI and Melo to win a title together. If Melo went to NJ, their squad would be crazy, especially in theEast. But I would feel bad for AI, who is one of my all time favorite players. He deserves a ring

eek.gif

Bring Melo to Jersey Kiki/Rod
smile.gif

I wouldn't mind having a home Nets auth with Melo's name on the back...
glasses.gif

This would be a great deal for the Nets.

The Nets should trade VC first. This all depends on how they feel about Melo. If they feel like they don't have a future, then it's a good opportunity to let him go, and get a good young talent in return. THIS ALL DEPENDS ON HOW HIGH THE DRAFT PICK IS. If it's not #1/#2, deals off, book it. I also think they (NJN) would throw in either Boki or Nenad.

Nets would have to do a sign & trade with Nenad in order for the deal to work.

Don't trade VC though, with Devin, Vince, Melo, Camby, & Josh Boone, you have vets & youth mixed in right there. No reason to trade Vince (who has helped & been the leader on the team last year) away right now. Give that group a shot first, because they can do some damage. If you trade Vince, you'll still have a solid unit, but not as good. Vince is also the type of player to put team 1st (even played 6th man this past year for a stretch). Im sure Melo & him wouldn't be a problem.

On one side:
- Vince
- Harris
- Melo
- Camby

???!?!?!?
eek.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif

Am I the only one that thinks they would be guaranteed a #3-6 spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs?

If that were to go down, Nets could get the #3 seed, imo.

if that trade happens the nets would just be the east version of the nuggets, all offense players and only 1 player that plays D.

Are you serious, that is an absolute steal for the Brooklyn Nets, getting Melo w/o having to give up VC, that would be fun to watch. Harris+Melo+VC=top 3 seed in the East. And if they get rid of VC in 2010 and land LeBron
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Melo & Bron won't happen. If we look to get Melo now, we won't get LeBron if he is on the team whil ein Brooklyn. Both won't playon the same squad...as much as I'd like to dream, this ain't 2k8.
laugh.gif

if that trade happens the nets would just be the east version of the nuggets, all offense players and only 1 player that plays D.
Thing is though...we don't play D now anyway.
laugh.gif

Having Sean Williams & Marcus Camby would be an improvement from this year. (& past years for that matter isnce we lost Kenyon).

Melo and VC would feed off each other on a basketball court better than Melo and AI currently do, IMO.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by NobleKane

artest staying would be great for the kings. he can teach the young guys to be tough

Yes, because it worked so well in Indiana
eyes.gif

you make no sense whatsoever...

Artest left pacers because things were too damaged to fix...

Artest was great for the kings towards the end of the year... even when he was not playing, he was into the game and very encouraging towards the otherplayers...

Well here's something from Cuban himself, about the team's flexibility starting next season and beyond...
2008-9 We have a full training camp with a very motivated JKidd, the rest of our starters back, an improving Bass, plus anyone we can add. We all thought (and still do), we would have a very strong nucleus to build around. We would also have a 1st round pick.

2009-10 Depending on how the previous season went, we would have several last year contracts available, the option of potentially having some cap room, and other options to improve the team. With the much lower potential salaries, not only could we use cap room if we went that direction to enable roster flexibility, we could also buy a pick. (there are almost always teams willing to sell a pick in the 20s for 3mm dollars)

2010-11 In this year we only have 2 fully guaranteed contracts and in 2011-12 We don't have any fully guaranteed contracts. So the options are endless in both years. Plus , its in one of these years that the new CBA comes up. With so little committed, depending on how hard a line the owners take, things could get very, very inter sting. Having so little contractually committed could be a great place to be when other teams look to dump salaries to avoid the risks of a lockout.
He doesn't mention any options for moves this year, but it's nice to see we've got flexibility going forward...

Oh, and on the Kidd trade...
So with the changes, while we lost a great player in Devin, we felt like we were picking up someone who could spark the team and add energy on the court. At best, we re energized, at worst, it doesn't help, but we have improved the roster flexibility for the future and improved our opportunity to re invent ourselves, just as we had after the 04 05 season.
Basically, the team didn't feel they were going anywhere with Devin as its point guard, whether they let him stay and develop or not. The movewould be a good one regardless. If it worked out and they played in the Finals with Kidd, great. If not, they gave themselves more flexibility heading forwardas they retool the roster.

^Thanks for the logical input.
eyes.gif

imo Melo + Vince would be Melo/ A.I. Verison 2.O
Except I think it could work out better. This wouldn't be it for Kiki & Rod in the summer, if it did happen.
We'd look for a deeper bench (losing M Will, Nenad, Boki unsure of returning, Diop, etc). Plus a starting unit of Devin, VC, Melo , Josh & Marcus Cambywould be solid enough to get a top 3 seed in the East (3 being the seed im guessing we would get if this deal went through).

All speculation, I'd like to see it happen, but VC & Melo I think could work out & bond better on the court than Melo & AI.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

^Thanks for the logical input.
eyes.gif

imo Melo + Vince would be Melo/ A.I. Verison 2.O
Except I think it could work out better. This wouldn't be it for Kiki & Rod in the summer, if it did happen.
We'd look for a deeper bench (losing M Will, Nenad, Boki unsure of returning, Diop, etc). Plus a starting unit of Devin, VC, Melo , Josh & Marcus Camby would be solid enough to get a top 3 seed in the East (3 being the seed im guessing we would get if this deal went through).

All speculation, I'd like to see it happen, but VC & Melo I think could work out & bond better on the court than Melo & AI.

It's just for me, I think RJ is less valuable than VC, but VC isn't THAT much better than RJ. Both are good athletes, RJ is three years younger,and I trust RJ a lot more than VC. Is there any reason in particular you'd like to trade RJ before VC? Are you just a fan? I'm curious about the Netsbecause Devin's there, and I only wish him the best in the East.
laugh.gif

AIRJORDAN JB23 wrote:
eek.gif

Bring Melo to Jersey Kiki/Rod
smile.gif

I wouldn't mind having a home Nets auth with Melo's name on the back...
glasses.gif

This would be a great deal for the Nets.

The Nets should trade VC first. This all depends on how they feel about Melo. If they feel like they don't have a future, then it's a good opportunity to let him go, and get a good young talent in return. THIS ALL DEPENDS ON HOW HIGH THE DRAFT PICK IS. If it's not #1/#2, deals off, book it. I also think they (NJN) would throw in either Boki or Nenad.

Nets would have to do a sign & trade with Nenad in order for the deal to work.

Don't trade VC though, with Devin, Vince, Melo, Camby, & Josh Boone, you have vets & youth mixed in right there. No reason to trade Vince (who has helped & been the leader on the team last year) away right now. Give that group a shot first, because they can do some damage. If you trade Vince, you'll still have a solid unit, but not as good. Vince is also the type of player to put team 1st (even played 6th man this past year for a stretch). Im sure Melo & him wouldn't be a problem.

On one side:
- Vince
- Harris
- Melo
- Camby

???!?!?!?
eek.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif

Am I the only one that thinks they would be guaranteed a #3-6 spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs?

If that were to go down, Nets could get the #3 seed, imo.

I don't see anyone other then Canby who plays any D there, and with a no heart guy like Vince, and a questionable heart guy like Melo, all theywould do is let their guys go by and get Canby in foul trouble anyways. Now maybe in the East they can outscore teams for a while, but they would be a Zerothreat to anyone real. At best, they draw a ton of interest with Melo, sell jerseys, sell tickets, maybe attract a free agent or two. They should concentrateon moving Vince before doing anything else.

Thing is though, you mentioned besides Camby, we played no D. Well, as of now, we don't have Camby, so we don't have any D now. So thats an upgraderight there any way. I think Sean Williams if he gets more time this year, will actually be a good defensive player as well. He showed he can in the past, justgets in foul trouble easily. Im not counting him out though.

Like I said before, if this deal went through, it wouldn't be the end of the offseason deals for Rod Thorn & Kiki. We'd lose A LOTof our bench, & we'd most definitly look to re tool the defensive M.I.A. I think that can be done without having to move Vince. If we did this deal,we'd be in a better position then we are now, & thats the biggest thing because Rod is in "win now" mode.

Back
Top Bottom