Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Ron Artest, who can control his free-agency fate this summer, indicated via e-mail late Thursday night he's not planning to leave Sacramento. Also Thursday, Kings co-owner Joe Maloof said he intends to pick up the 2009-10 contract option for basketball president Geoff Petrie. Artest - who has until June 30 to exercise an early termination option in his contract for the 2008-09 season - said he and his agent are not plotting to explore free agency. Sacramento Bee

Although his agent, Mark Stevens, did not return numerous calls for comment, his last public stance has been that Artest is "not likely" to opt out. "My agent is on a business trip," Artest wrote. "We have not talked about opting out at all." Sacramento Bee

Usually when a player says that, we all know what it really means.
laugh.gif

"I have no plans on leaving _________." = "I'm leaving _________."

roll.gif

It seems as though everyone that could opt out would be better not to.
Gilbert- shouldn't after playing like 10 games.
BD- shouldn't because he isn't going to sniff his 17.2 on the open market
Brand-injury question mark.
Artest- can't seem to shake his craziness.

On the flip side this could be an even CRAZIER trade deadline as all those guys are some HUGE expiring contracts....

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Nike big market contract clause FTW!!!
Knicks still suck!!!! Why the @@+@ would Lebron go from a team that is bad to a team that is even worse???? If he were so worried about the contract clause wouldnt he just go to L.A. or Boston where the team doesn't suck at life.
eyes.gif
You really think you couldn't just stick LeBron on the Knicks right now and they wouldn't make it to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs?
Yeah but Lebron wants to win a Chip and a guarantee to the Finals not just the 2nd round.

But I think Knicks will have a chance if D'Antoni get some key players and switch up the whole roster

Ron Artest is unpredictable. I'm not paying much attention to his latest comments. I believe he could be gone before the season starts. The Kings CANNOT gointo next season with the same exact roster and expect to do better than this season or last. Last season we got the 10th pick, this year we'll likely getthe 12th pick, and if nothing changes, I see us getting another 10-12 pick in 2009.

23ska909red02 wrote:

Usually when a player says that, we all know what it really means.
laugh.gif

"I have no plans on leaving _________." = "I'm leaving _________."

roll.gif

I agree, usually ends up happening.

LeBron.
eek.gif

Good, God.
[table][tr][td]'Antoni Big On Crawford, Robinson, Less On Lee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]May 18, 2008 - 12:53 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Lee_David_nyk.jpg
New York Daily News -
Mike D'Antoni likes players who can score, which could mean David Lee and Renaldo Balkman will be less effective this coming season.

"Mike doesn't like guys like Lee who can't shoot," a D'Antoni confidant said. "He saw him as a non-scoring power forward when he came out of Florida. But that's why a guy like Jamal Crawford is going to be around. He will thrive in Mike's system. And he likes Nate a lot, too. Mike likes guys who can make plays from anywhere on the court." [READ]

tired.gif
If you trade David Lee you better get his FULL VALUE.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Magic have lost confidence in Carlos Arroyo, and they are not expecting him back. Williams already has told friends he would love to finish his career in Orlando, where he has been living during the offseason for several years. Orlando Sentinel

Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor's offseason to-do list isn't terrifically long. High atop it, though, is an issue of maximum importance to the franchise - maximum dollars for Deron Williams. The three-year point guard is eligible for a contract extension come July, one that could net Williams another five years and roughly $80 million (exact number still to-be-determined) on top of his $5.07 million salary for the 2008-09 season. Deseret Morning News

The only real issues, then, seem to be timing and whether Deron Williams and the Jazz extend the contract for three, four or five years. Williams, a Team USA member hoping to win a roster spot for the upcoming Summer Olympics, apparently wants the matter resolved before he begins international play - thereby protecting his financial interests against possible injury. Deseret Morning News

Other housekeeping matters for O'Connor include picking up the team's third-year, $797,581 option on reserve Paul Millsap's contract (a virtual formality); learning if No. 3 point guard Jason Hart will opt out of next season's $2.48 million salary; and tendering a restricted free agent C.J. Miles a qualifying offer. Hart didn't speak with reporters Saturday, but it seems unlikely he'd walk from such money. Deseret Morning News

The Jazz would retain the right to match any offer to Miles, and haven't ruled out offering him a multi-year contract. Miles, though, will test the market - just like last offseason. "I have to do (what's needed) to help myself and my career," the reserve swingman said, "Whether it's here or somewhere else, I have to do it. Hopefully it's here." Deseret Morning News

Jazz coach Jerry Sloan agreed to a one-year extension in December and is expected back next season. Sloan said he would go through his usual practice of notifying the team this summer that he did want to return. "I don't know what tomorrow'll bring," Sloan said. Talking about locker clean-out, Sloan added: "This day is a tough day. I don't like it a little bit." Salt Lake Tribune

Easily the most surprising development as the Jazz cleaned out their lockers Saturday was to hear Andrei Kirilenko talk about winning a title in Utah. Kirilenko also was the Jazz player who suggested the team needed the fewest changes to be a championship contender. "I'd say nothing," Kirilenko said. "We have everything." Salt Lake Tribune

Toronto Raptors point guard Jose Calderon is pretty fed up with the situation in Toronto. It's been widely known he no longer wants to share the starting spot with T.J. Ford. But recent comments in Thursday's El Mundo Deportivo, a Spanish daily sports newspaper suggest Calderon doesn't want to share anything with Ford. "I would like to start and that's the most important thing. ... I've been two years with him but I don't know if I could be another year because things would have to change." Contra Costa Times

This apparent rift between the two point guards puts the Raptors management in a tough spot. Ford is practically untradeable, with his injury history and the $24 million of guaranteed money remaining on his contract. But Calderon, they don't really want to trade him. Not only do they like him more than Ford (and would have no problem trading him), but Calderon is a restricted free agent, which means they could match any offer he receives without regard to the salary cap. And with more supply than demand, this offseason market isn't expected to be favorable for players, so the Raptors could keep Calderon for relatively cheap. Contra Costa Times

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]'Antoni Big On Crawford, Robinson, Less On Lee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]May 18, 2008 - 12:53 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Lee_David_nyk.jpg
New York Daily News -
Mike D'Antoni likes players who can score, which could mean David Lee and Renaldo Balkman will be less effective this coming season.

"Mike doesn't like guys like Lee who can't shoot," a D'Antoni confidant said. "He saw him as a non-scoring power forward when he came out of Florida. But that's why a guy like Jamal Crawford is going to be around. He will thrive in Mike's system. And he likes Nate a lot, too. Mike likes guys who can make plays from anywhere on the court." [READ][/td] [/tr][/table]
tired.gif
If you trade David Lee you better get his FULL VALUE.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Damn, D'Antoni wants to trade David Lee? Teams that need rebounding and the energy of David Lee need to call the Knicks asap! *cough* Warriors *cough*
nerd.gif

The Knicks should just sit on those big $*$ contracts they have and wait until they expire.

They're probably going to have to get rid of David Lee if they want to get rid of Curry, and all the others

Originally Posted by NobleKane

artest staying would be great for the kings. he can teach the young guys to be tough

Yes, because it worked so well in Indiana
eyes.gif

I think the ideal situation for Artest is being on a veteran team that can control his craziness... his craziness wouldn't be as detrimental to aveteran team as oppose to a younger team.

D'Antoni doesn't want Lee? Petrie likes him a lot and I'm sure he'd trade Artest for him like he wanted to do earlier this season when IsiahThomas said no. I think Artest would do fine in D'Antoni's system (plus he's from and loves NY). He can score from all over the court (thoughinconsistently) and play the 2 through 4 on offense and defense. I think that would work good for both teams. The Kings could finally bench Mikki Moore for aplayer who actually can rebound the ball.

Multiple league sources said the Nets and Nuggets have discussed a blockbuster deal that would bring Carmelo Anthony and Marcus Camby to New Jersey. In return, Denver would get a package that includes Richard Jefferson, Marcus Williams, Keith Van Horn's contract and the Nets' lottery pick. There likely is more involved to make the salaries match up, but the sources said the trade could happen, making Tuesday even more important. Bergen Record

It's hard to say if Denver would be less interested in dealing if the Nets dropped, but the Nuggets might be more likely to part with their franchise player if they could get a top-three pick such as Memphis' Derrick Rose or Kansas State's Michael Beasley. They're still deciding, however, if they want to move Anthony. Either way, the Nets are expected to be one of the most active teams leading up to the June 26 draft. They have two first-round picks - No. 21 came from Dallas in the Jason Kidd trade - and three picks in the first 40. Bergen Record

The Nets are looking for size, athleticism, toughness and shooting. This draft seems deep at the power forward position and center spot around where the
Nets are projected to pick. Among the players who could be there that the Nets may have interest in are UCLA's Kevin Love, Kansas' Darrell Arthur, Florida's Marreese Speights, North Carolina State's J.J. Hickson, Louisiana State's Anthony Randolph and Nevada's JaVale McGee. The Nets may have to wait for some of these players to develop, though. So if Denver is amenable to moving Anthony, the Nets would rather do that. That would be like winning the lottery. Bergen Record

The Cavs could have as much as $30 million in expiring contracts to work with in trades. They also will have the No. 19 overall pick in the first round of the NBA Draft. As for free agency, they will have the $5.5 million midlevel exception and the $1.8 million biannual exception to use, though their payroll is so high. they probably will look at trade options first. James, who will take a few weeks off and then start getting ready to play for Team USA in the Olympics, said he thinks that his game just needs some tweaks. Akron Beacon Journal

The playoffs turned out to be a bit of a coming-out party for Cavs guard Delonte West. He was a little inconsistent but proved he could be a playmaker under pressure. The Cavs have been long searching for a point guard who can make plays alongside James. West averaged 10.8 points and 4.1 assists in the playoffs and 11.4 points in the Celtics series. Delonte West will be a restricted free agent but said he wants to come back and establish his role. ''I would love to be back here next year,'' West said. ''I didn't surprise myself with anything I did in the playoffs. What I did learn is how much I have to get better.'' Akron Beacon Journal

Whoa.

On one side:
- Vince
- Harris
- Melo
- Camby

???!?!?!?
eek.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif

Am I the only one that thinks they would be guaranteed a #3-6 spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs?

On the other side:
- Rose/Beasley (at least they hope so)
- Iverson
- Jefferson
- Kenyon

???!?!

Am I the only one that thinks they wouldn't even make the Western Conference playoffs?

I definitely don't see how you guys are saying right now that it would be a steal for Denver.

The Nets should trade VC first. This all depends on how they feel about Melo. If they feel like they don't have a future, then it's a good opportunityto let him go, and get a good young talent in return. THIS ALL DEPENDS ON HOW HIGH THE DRAFT PICK IS. If it's not #1/#2, deals off, book it. I also thinkthey (NJN) would throw in either Boki or Nenad.

Back
Top Bottom