Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

eek.gif
2 months to heal a torn meniscus? When I tore my meniscus I was about for 4-6 months, rehabbed, got back on the court and retore it.

But, I wish B.Roy luck - I lost so much of my explosion once my meniscus was torn, it aint never gonna be the same.

I knwq D. Mase would find his way to OKC somehow.

Good deal for the Cavs. They needed a ballhog on that team.

Originally Posted by phillipprettyugly

Originally Posted by CP1708

I love reading all the Portland folk.
roll.gif

They so desperate for good news, they'll say anything to make it look like Greg will be fine and they will matter some day. Just wait for the bad news to come, wait for it.......
laugh.gif

?
Anybody else wanna question me?
laugh.gif

B Roy surgery today.

Wait for it, wait for it................

The Ron Artest trade is hours from being finalized, but in typical Geoff Petrie fashion, the Kings basketball president will twist and turn until the swap with the Houston Rockets is official. He never wavers. He always sweats until the agreement has been approved by the league attorneys, which is expected to happen about 2:30 p.m. on Thursday. Sacramento Bee

An NBA source has confirmed that 6-foot-6 guard-forward Andre Iguodala and the 76ers agreed yesterday in principle to a six-year deal worth $80 million. In addition to the base salary, Iguodala, 24, could earn up to $5 million in bonuses. The sixth year of the contract is a player option. Confirmation of the deal came on the heels of a hush-hush 24 hours with both camps - Iguodala's and the 76ers' - saying nothing had been finalized. Philadelphia Inquirer

With the terms agreed upon, the only remaining speculation is the possibility of a sign-and-trade deal, where Iguodala is dealt once he's under contract. One source close to Iguodala said he believes the Sixers intend to retain Iguodala and not ship him, and his hefty new contract, to another NBA city. Stefanski said repeatedly in the last five weeks that re-signing Iguodala, the team's leading scorer last season, was a "priority." Philadelphia Inquirer

The 76ers are interviewing three candidates to fill a soon-to-be vacant assistant coaching position. While Henry Bibby's departure from head coach Maurice Cheeks' staff is not yet official, a source within the Sixers said it will become official soon. Philadelphia Inquirer

That same source said three candidates are in the mix: former Sixers Jeff Ruland and Steve Mix, as well as Alton Lister, who spent last season as an Atlanta Hawks assistant coach. Philadelphia Inquirer

With second-year big man Jason Smith likely out for the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, an unsubstantiated report surfaced that the Sixers had reached out to former Sixers center/forward Theo Ratliff with an offer to play for the veterans' minimum. A source familiar with that situation said Ratliff had offers from other teams for more money, but that he was very interested in the Sixers. Philadelphia Daily News

On the upcoming Iguodala signing: Asked to assess the situation, a veteran scout said, "I'm a little shocked, but this is a lot of money. But Iguodala made out by gambling. I didn't think he'd get that much. He's a good player and he'd be in the rotation of all the teams, but there are teams he wouldn't start for. To me, it's a lot for a guy who hasn't been an All-Star, who hasn't been out of the first round of the playoffs." Philadelphia Daily News

Another agent, who asked not to be identified, said: "I'm speechless. I don't know how to respond. That's amazing." Philadelphia Daily News

The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired guard Mo Williams from the Milwaukee Bucks, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today. In exchange, the Cavaliers sent guard Damon Jones to the Milwaukee Bucks and forward/center Joe Smith to Oklahoma City. The additional components of the three-team trade included Milwaukee acquiring guard/forward Adrian Griffin and guard Luke Ridnour from Oklahoma City and Oklahoma City acquiring forward Desmond Mason from Milwaukee. InsideHoops.com

"Acquiring Mo strengthens our nucleus of players for both the short and long term. He is entering his prime NBA years and will be part of the foundation of our future success," Ferry said. "Mo is a player that excels as a traditional point guard, but also brings an extra dimension with his scoring and versatility. His ability to push the tempo, get inside the lane, shoot from the perimeter and distribute the ball will be very valuable for us." InsideHoops.com

"We're pleased to add Desmond Mason and Joe Smith to our team," OKC General Manager Sam Presti said. "Both players bring us a wealth of NBA experience and professionalism, and we're excited to bring them to our organization in Oklahoma City." InsideHoops.com

"Our challenge from day one has been to shape our roster in a way that our fans will see a team that is competitive, that plays hard every night and has a chance to win," said Bucks General Manager John Hammond. "We feel this trade continues to move us toward that goal for this season and beyond." InsideHoops.com

In exchange for Williams, 25, who averaged 17.2 points last season in the first year of a six-year, $51.5-million contract, the Bucks received ex-Piston Damon Jones from Cleveland along with guard Luke Ridnour and forward Adrian Griffin from Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City gets Mason from Milwaukee and former Pistons forward/center Joe Smith from Cleveland. Detroit Free Press

Ferry said the team let James know of the deal even though he's on the other side of the world. "We've communicated with most of the team," Ferry said. "All these guys are very excited. They respect Mo as a player, and they're looking forward to playing with him." Detroit Free Press

Bucks general manager John Hammond said he can envision Ridnour, a Blaine High School graduate, thriving in Milwaukee. "His most productive days in the NBA were just a few short years ago when he had Ray Allen on one wing and Rashard Lewis on the other wing," Hammond said. "Here, you say you have Michael Redd on one wing and Richard Jefferson on another wing, you're putting Luke Ridnour in the best possible position to be successful again as he has been in the past." Seattle Times

The Bucks picked up $30 million of long-term savings in the deal. Williams has five years and $43 million left on his contract, while Ridnour has two years and $13 million left. Seattle Times

OKC: Today's acquisition of Desmond Mason and Joe Smith will add more experience, depth and, quite possibly, wins to the team this season. Having covered Mason during the two years the Hornets were, I can say without a doubt Oklahoma City just became 10 times more competitive. Oklahoman

But I would assume Carlesimo would at least want to start the season with a more veteran starting lineup of Earl Watson, Kevin Durant, Desmond Mason, Nick Collison and Joe Smith. That would allow Green, Westbrook and Wilcox to be impact players off the bench. Oklahoman

OKC: You'll hear a lot about the near $30 million in salary cap space the team will now have next summer. But consider also that the two players, because of their talents and their friendly contracts, could be attractive assets for a team looking to make a deal at the trade deadline. Oklahoman

Cavaliers: Both Jones and Smith were attractive, because they are entering the final seasons of their contracts. Smith is scheduled to make $4.8 million, and Jones is due $4.4 million. The Bucks were headed into the luxury tax next season and probably made the move to dump salary after trading for Richard Jefferson, who is on a maximum contract, and signing Andrew Bogut to a five-year, $60 million deal that kicks in next season. Oklahoma City is in the middle of a rebuilding project. Akron Beacon Journal

The Cavs are taking on a large financial commitment with Williams, who has five years and $43 million left on a contract he signed last summer, when the Cavs courted him. Already this season, they are facing a payroll of more than $80 million, further verifying owner Dan Gilbert's willingness to spend. Akron Beacon Journal

Cavs: There are some questions about how well Williams will fit in. He is not known as a strong defensive player, which Cavs coach Mike Brown makes a priority. He is also known for taking ill-advised shots at times and getting out of the flow of the offense. The Cavs watched years of tape, going back to his rookie season with the Utah Jazz, watching his defense before making a decision. Akron Beacon Journal

Facing the loss of a starting job and already far apart on salary demands with the Cavs, Delonte West may take a one-year qualifying offer of $2.76 million and become an unrestricted free agent next summer. If he takes that option, the Cavs could not trade him without his permission and would risk losing him for nothing in return. Akron Beacon Journal

Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy will have arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a tear in the meniscus of his left knee. An MRI, taken Tuesday revealed the tear, the team said Wednesday. AP/Toronto Sun

I don't think Roy and the Blazers are in jeopardy of him missing any games. The only setback is that Roy will miss out on all the full-court scrimmages the team holds throughout September, preventing him from developing cohesion with the likes of newcomers Greg Oden and Jerryd Bayless. Oregonian

It is believed that the injury is a result of general wear-and-tear and was not caused by a traumatic event. The tear was revealed after a magnetic resonance imaging was performed on Tuesday, and surgery was decided upon after a second opinion was offered on Wednesday. Oregonian

Players on Spain's Olympic basketball team defended a photo in an ad showing the players using their fingers to apparently make their eyes look more Chinese. The photo, which has been running as a newspaper spread in Spain since Friday, shows all 15 players making the gesture on a basketball court adorned with a Chinese dragon. The photo was part of a publicity campaign for team sponsor Seur, a Spanish courier company, and is being used only in Spain. LA Daily News

"It was something like supposed to be funny or something but never offensive in any way," said Spain center Pau Gasol, who also plays for the Lakers. "I'm sorry if anybody thought or took it the wrong way and thought that it was offensive." LA Daily News

Point guard Jose Manuel Calderon said the team was responding to a request from the photographer. "We felt it was something appropriate, and that it would be interpreted as an affectionate gesture," Calderon, who plays for NBA's Toronto Raptors, wrote on his ElMundo.es blog. "Without a doubt, some ... press didn't see it that way." LA Daily News

"This was clearly inappropriate, but we understand the Spanish team intended no offence and has apologised," Emmanuelle Moreau, a spokeswoman for the International Olympic Committee, said in an e-mail. LA Daily News

A controversial photo involving Spain's men's basketball team seemed to be no distraction Thursday for the world champions, who defeated Germany 72-59. Toronto Raptors guard Jose Calderon scored 15 points, while L.A. Lakers centre Pau Gasol scored 13 points for Spain, which was cheered by the crowd at the basketball arena. There was no indication Spain had been affected by criticisms of an ad running in Spanish newspapers showing all 15 members of the team using their fingers to apparently make their eyes look more Chinese. A spokeswoman for the International Olympic Committee on Wednesday called the photo "clearly inappropriate," but said the team had intended no offence and apologized. Toronto Star

Jose Calderon: "I think we're talking about things that don't matter," he said. "We feel bad, but there is too much talk about it. We are a very multicultural country in Spain. We are for sure going to apologize." Toronto Star

Not to question the taste of a country that loves everything American from quarter-pound cheeseburgers to classic punk rock, but this 24/7, camera-clicking, name-chanting worship of Kobe Bryant by the local masses at the Olympics might be the strangest foreign love affair with a U.S. pop icon since the French decided Jerry Lewis was a comic genius. Sure, the man can hoop. But he's not exactly the finest example of American virtue. So why does China go absolutely gaga for Kobe? "I can't explain it," Bryant told me Wednesday. LA Daily News

"Kobe might want to think about moving to China to live," said Olympic teammate Carmelo Anthony, who was kidding. We think. Back home, there are U.S. corporations who washed their hands of Bryant and walked away after he was accused of sexual misconduct in Colorado. Kobe can kiss his big Aristotle, insists Shaquille O'Neal. LA Daily News

Like the smog, Bryant has been all over the Summer Games. At the opening ceremony, when hundreds of U.S. athletes marched into the Bird's Nest stadium, Chinese spectators had eyes only for Bryant. "The crowd was chanting `Ko-be, Ko-be' and I wanted to get next to him, so I would be on TV," American 100-meter dash king Tyson Gay said. Gawkers wearing replica jerseys have stood in a downpour as heavy as a waterfall hoping to catch a glimpse of Bryant stepping off the team bus. LA Daily News

Blazers' Roy to have arthroscopic surgery on left knee

ESPN.com news services
Aug 13, 2008

Greg Oden's finally looking ready. But the guy who will get him the ball is banged up.

The Portland Trail Blazers announced on Wednesday that guard Brandon Roy will have arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on Thursday. The operation will repair a tear in the meniscus that was revealed by MRI on Tuesday. Blazers team physician Dr. Don Roberts will perform the procedure at Southwest Washington Regional Surgery Center in Vancouver, Wash., and a timetable for Roy's return will be established after surgery.

Oden, the top pick in last year's draft who missed all of the 2007-08 campaign after right knee surgery, worked out for the media on Tuesday.

The 7-footer from Ohio State showed no signs of problems in two-on-two work with teammates Steve Blake and Channing Frye and former Arkansas star Steven Hill, a 7-footer invited to practice with Portland. Oden isn't allowed to go five-on-five until next month.

"I'm feeling good," Oden said. "I do not have any pain or soreness in my knee."

Roy is part of a young nucleus for the up-and-coming Blazers. The 2006-07 Rookie of the Year has averaged 18.1 points, 5.0 assists and 4.6 rebounds over his two years in the league.

Roy helped the Blazers improve by 11 wins in his rookie year to a 32-50 mark, and even without Oden, Portland jumped up to 41 wins last season.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

[h2]Cavs, Bucks And OKC Complete Trade[/h2]
Williams_Maurice_mil_080202.jpg

Aug 13, 2008 7:35 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired guard Mo Williams from the Milwaukee Bucks, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today. In exchange, the Cavaliers sent guard Damon Jones to the Milwaukee Bucks and forward/center Joe Smith to Oklahoma City. The additional components of the three-team trade included Milwaukee acquiring guard/forward Adrian Griffin and guard Luke Ridnour from Oklahoma City and Oklahoma City acquiring forward Desmond Mason from Milwaukee.

"Acquiring Mo strengthens our nucleus of players for both the short and long term. He is entering his prime NBA years and will be part of the foundation of our future success," Ferry said. "Mo is a player that excels as a traditional point guard, but also brings an extra dimension with his scoring and versatility. His ability to push the tempo, get inside the lane, shoot from the perimeter and distribute the ball will be very valuable for us."

Via Presss Release

Cleveland Cavaliers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Iguodala $80M Deal Now Done[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 4:02 AM EST

phi_40.gif
After Ed Stefanski said on Tuesday that the deal announcement with Andre Iguodala was premature, it appears on Wednesday that an agreement has now been made, Kate Fagan of the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting.

The deal, worth $80 million over six years, includes up to $5 million in bonuses with the sixth year being a player option.

The deal is expected to be signed sometime early next week.

Via Philadelphia Inquirer

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]Blazers' Roy To Have Knee Surgery[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 1:06 AM EST

por_40.gif
Trail Blazers' guard Brandon Roy will have arthroscopic knee surgery on Thursday to repair a tear in the meniscus of his left knee, according to an Associated Press report.

Via AP

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]McMillan Doesn't Want To See Retired Number In OKC[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 4:46 PM EST

por_40.gif
Blazers coach Nate McMillan doesn't want to see his #10 jersey, retired by the Sonics in Seattle, rehung in Oklahoma City, according to The Seattle Times.

"I never played in Oklahoma City," McMillan said. "I spent my whole career in Seattle, you know. I just don't see that happening. And that's fine with me."

McMillan is inviting all Seattle fans to switch allegiances to his Blazers. Owner Paul Allen is from Seattle, and both Brandon Roy and Martell Webster are products of Seattle's system.

"I don't think we want to come in there and try to just step over the Sonics and what they've done. But I'm saying to Seattle, 'Come on down,' " said McMillan. "The whole plan when I went down there was to rebuild the Trail Blazers, and now we're starting to see the future of that organization."

Via The Seattle Times

Portland Trail Blazers, Oklahoma City

[h2]Sixers Looking For Big Man[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 4:32 PM EST

phi_40.gif
The Sixers are looking at several options in terms of big men with backup center Jason Smith having torn the ACL in his left knee, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

General Manager Ed Stefanski said the 76ers would "continue to explore all available options in order to add an additional big man to our roster" this offseason.

Via The Philadelphia Inquirer

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]Would Milicic Make Sense For Utah?[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 4:27 PM EST

uta_40.gif
If the Jazz are looking for a new look off the bench they could trade Matt Harpring and Jarron Collins to the Grizzlies for Darko Milicic, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.

Milicic, however, is rumored to have injured his Achilles tendon while working out with Serbia's national team in July.

Via The Salt Lake Tribune

Utah Jazz

[h2]West Now More Likely To Take Qualifying Offer?[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 3:24 PM EST

cle_40.gif
Sources said the Cavs still want to bring Delonte West back, but Wednesday's acquisition of Mo Williams increases the chances that he will take the qualifying offer of $2.8 million for one season.

Via Beacon-Journal

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Three-Way Deal Done[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 3:22 PM EST

cle_40.gif
An NBA executive said the Cavaliers, in a trade expected to be completed later today, finally have acquired a top-level point guard in executing a six-player, three-team deal.

The Milwaukee Bucks traded point guard Mo Williams to the Cavs in exchange for the expiring contracts of guard Damon Jones and forward Joe Smith.

As part of the deal, the Bucks will receive Jones and Oklahoma City point guard Luke Ridnour. Oklahoma City acquires Smith and Bucks forward Desmond Mason. Oklahoma City also will send swingman Adrian Griffin to the Bucks.

Click here to read RealGM's 'Grading the Deal' for this trade.

Via Briant Windhorst/Beacon-Journal

Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City, Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Hawks Sign Flip Murray[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 3:21 PM EST

atl_40.gif
Seeking to add additional depth to its backcourt, the Atlanta Hawks General Manager Rick Sund announced today that the club has signed free agent guard Ronald "Flip" Murray to a contract. Per team policy, no other details were released. "By signing Flip, it provides us with another experienced player who has the ability to play multiple positions for us," said Sund. "Because of his versatility, he will be a valuable asset for us as a reserve, and we look forward to the contributions he'll bring this season." A 6-3, 197-pound combo (point/shooting) guard, Murray is a six-year veteran who last played for the Indiana Pacers. He saw action in 23 games after he was signed a mid-season free agent (March 1) following his release from the Detroit Pistons, and he averaged 11.0 points and 3.5 assists (.425 FG%, .389 3FG%, .754 FT%) in those contests.

Via Press Release

Atlanta Hawks

[h2]Decision On Koponen Not Imminent[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 12:30 PM EST

por_40.gif
A decision on whether or not to sign guard Petteri Koponen to a contract might not happen for a while, Kevin Pritchard told the Portland Tribune.

The 6-4 guard from Finland, a first-round draft pick of the Blazers in 2007, has a number of multi-year offers on the table from top European teams. Part of the reason for the delay, Pritchard said, is Nate McMillan's involvement as an assistant coach with the U.S. Olympic team.

"I'm still not sure," Pritchard said. "There are so many things going on right now. I don't want to tell you one way and have it come back the other way.

"Among our questions: What (European) team would he play for next year? Does it give him the best chance to improve overseas? Or would he be better off here? There's a lot that goes into the thought process there."

Via Portland Tribune

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Gist Signs With Italian Club[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 11:26 AM EST

san_40.gif
James Gist, the 57th selection in the 2008 draft, signed a contract Monday to play for Angelico Biella, according to the Italian League team's Web site.

Gist, 6-foot-9 and 235 pounds, played well for the Spurs' summer league team in Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. However, he likely would have spent most of the season with the Spurs' D-League team in Austin had he signed an NBA contract. By playing in Italy, Gist can get significant playing time without costing the Spurs a roster spot.

Via Express-News

San Antonio Spurs

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53987/20080813/would_milicic_make_sense_for_utah/[/h2]
[h2]Would Milicic Make Sense For Utah?[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 4:27 PM EST

uta_40.gif
If the Jazz are looking for a new look off the bench they could trade Matt Harpring and Jarron Collins to the Grizzlies for Darko Milicic, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.

Milicic, however, is rumored to have injured his Achilles tendon while working out with Serbia's national team in July.

Via The Salt Lake Tribune

Utah Jazz

http://www.realgm.com/realgmtix.phtml?t=jazz
NO!
mad.gif
Matt Harpring is one of our main guys off the bench. Darko makes sense for noteam. $*!$ Larry H. miller if he does this deal

OK Ferry, nice move, now can we get an offensive coordinator please? I'm sick of watching pickup basketball on Offense with this team!

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53988/20080813/sixers_looking_for_big_man/[/h2][h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53988/20080813/sixers_looking_for_big_man/[/h2]
[h2]Sixers Looking For Big Man[/h2]
Aug 13, 2008 4:32 PM EST

phi_40.gif
The Sixers are looking at several options in terms of big men with backup center Jason Smith having torn the ACL in his left knee, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

General Manager Ed Stefanski said the 76ers would "continue to explore all available options in order to add an additional big man to our roster" this offseason.

Via The Philadelphia Inquirer

Philadelphia 76ers

http://www.realgm.com/realgmtix.phtml?t=sixers

Theo Ratliff for the minimum FTW!

Do it Stefanski

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Heck yeah, get Harping out of the West.
smokin.gif

True story.

The deal doesn't make sense anyway. Boozer + Millsap already occupy the PF spot.
ohwell.gif
huh?
He would still be in the West if he was traded to the Grizzlies. I want us to acquire Millsap in a deal anyways, so I'm hoping they can work something out.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

What other serviceable centers are left out there on the market ?

Earl Barron?
David Harrison?

laugh.gif

But, really they're both pretty serviceable backup bigs.

roll.gif

They so desperate for good news, they'll say anything to make it look like Greg will be fine and they will matter some day. Just wait for the bad news to come, wait for it.......
laugh.gif

?
laugh.gif

B Roy surgery today.

that's good for Rudy Fernandez....no big deal. "take your time Roy" - Andrew Bynum ....in other words, see you next season(or after all-starbreak).

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

smokin.gif

True story.

The deal doesn't make sense anyway. Boozer + Millsap already occupy the PF spot.
ohwell.gif
huh?
He would still be in the West if he was traded to the Grizzlies. I want us to acquire Millsap in a deal anyways, so I'm hoping they can work something out.
I got my hopes up for a second, as, Harpring gives a lot of teams fits, since, he's a hard nosed tough defender
laugh.gif

You're right though. He'd still be out West.

But at least he won't have to be dealt with come playoff time if this trade went down.

But the deal on a whole, doesn't make sense for the Jazz. Why trade for Darko, when Boozer is already the starter at PF, and Millsap is effective backinghim up. Where does Darko fit in? Hapring on the Jazz > Darko

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

smokin.gif

True story.

ohwell.gif
huh?
I got my hopes up for a second, as, Harpring gives a lot of teams fits, since, he's a hard nosed tough defender
laugh.gif

You're right though. He'd still be out West.

But at least he won't have to be dealt with come playoff time if this trade went down.

But the deal on a whole, doesn't make sense for the Jazz. Why trade for Darko, when Boozer is already the starter at PF, and Millsap is effective backing him up. Where does Darko fit in? Hapring on the Jazz > Darko
Well people don't give Darko the credit he deserves at times because he has so much hype to live up by being the 2nd pick in the draft. Wheneverhe got 35+ minutes a game, he averaged 12ppg and 9rpg. Plus, Memphis perimeter defense was/is bad which caused him to go after more players penetrating whichgot him in early foul trouble, resulting in less minutes and being less affective. Now, that Memphis has picked up Mayo, Buckner, a better defensive presencein Gasol and hopefully an improved Rudy on defense would help him play more minutes.

In Utah, Darko would flourish because they have good defenders in just about every position. I would love for us to pick up Harpring though, but sincewe're so thin on the inside it wouldn't make sense to get rid of Darko for Collins. I want us to go after Millsap and Harpring in some type of deal forDarko and a filler. Since Utah wants to avoid the luxury tax situation, they make take some expirings to pry those two away.

Lakers Sign Josh Powell
Aug 14, 2008 9:08 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent Josh Powell, it was announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

Powell, a three-year NBA veteran, spent last season with the Los Angeles Clippers where he averaged 5.5 points and 5.2 rebounds in 64 games. After going undrafted in 2003, the 6-9 forward spent two seasons overseas where he played in both the Italian and Russian basketball leagues. Prior to the 2005-06 season, Powell was signed as a free agent by the Dallas Mavericks where he averaged 3.0 points and 2.2 rebounds in 37 games. The North Carolina State alum was traded to the Indiana Pacers in July of 2006 and played in seven games before being acquired by the Golden State Warriors in a midseason trade. Powell finished the 2006-07 season with averages of 3.1 points and 2.4 rebounds in 37 games.

Powell has career averages of 4.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 138 games with Dallas, Indiana, Golden State and the Clippers.

Via Press Release

Good yet another reason to watch LA v LA 4x this season.
tired.gif

Introducing Ronny Turiaf 2.0 minus the goofy dance steps and fugazi accent.
sick.gif

[h2]Artest Trade Goes Through[/h2]
Artest_Ron_sac_080309.jpg

Aug 14, 2008 9:21 PM EST

hou_40.gif
The Houston Rockets announced thatthey have acquired forward Ron Artest from the Sacramento Kings, the Associated Press is reporting.

In addition to Artest, Houston acquired forward Patrick Ewing, Jr. and guard Sean Singletary from the Kings in exchange for guard Bobby Jackson, rookieforward Donte Greene and the Rockets' first-round draft pick in 2009.

The trade was originally reported by the Houston Chronicle on July 29.

"This is definitely the high point of my career," Artest said on a conference call Thursday. "It's the biggest opportunity I've everhad playing basketball."

"He's a different person than he was years ago," Rockets owner Les Alexander said. "He cares about his on-court performance more than heever has in his life."

Via USAToday

Houston Rockets, SacramentoKings

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Could Marbury Hang On In New York?[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 4:23 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
While addressing season ticketholders recently, General Manager Donnie Walsh hinted that guard Stephon Marbury could remain with the Knicks, according to Newsday.

Walsh said that Marbury has been a great player in the league and that he's worked very hard this summer and that he has a clean slate.

The team will apparently wait to see what happens in training camp before deciding if Marbury belongs on the team.

ViaNewsday

New York Knicks

[h2]Lakers Sign Josh Powell[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 9:08 PM EST

lal_40.gif
The Los Angeles Lakers have signedfree agent Josh Powell, it was announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

Powell, a three-year NBA veteran, spent last season with the Los Angeles Clippers where he averaged 5.5 points and 5.2 rebounds in 64 games. After goingundrafted in 2003, the 6-9 forward spent two seasons overseas where he played in both the Italian and Russian basketball leagues. Prior to the 2005-06 season,Powell was signed as a free agent by the Dallas Mavericks where he averaged 3.0 points and 2.2 rebounds in 37 games. The North Carolina State alum was tradedto the Indiana Pacers in July of 2006 and played in seven games before being acquired by the Golden State Warriors in a midseason trade. Powell finished the2006-07 season with averages of 3.1 points and 2.4 rebounds in 37 games.

Powell has career averages of 4.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 138 games with Dallas, Indiana, Golden State and the Clippers.

Via PressRelease

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]Suns Sign Amundson To Two-Year Deal[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 9:07 PM EST

phx_40.gif
The Phoenix Suns signedforward/center Luis Amundson to a two year, minimum contract on Thursday, according to the East Valley Tribune.

The second season is a team option.

"(Coach) Terry Porter also saw him some last year and he played well against the Pistons. He's a versatile guy who can play the four or the fivefor us," Phoenix general manager Steve Kerr said. "Like Robin (Lopez) and Matt (Barnes), we feel like we've added another player with a strongmotor. He takes charges, blocks shots and he can push the ball on the break."

Via EastValley Tribune

Phoenix Suns, Philadelphia76ers

[h2]Oklahoma City's Ticket PricesHigher Than Seattle[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 9:05 PM EST

okc_40.gif
To see Oklahoma City play, it isgoing to cost you more than it did to see the same team play in Seattle, according to a report by the Associated Press.

Oklahoma City, still without a name, released its season-ticket prices Thursday. On average, ticket prices will be about 36 percent higher than they were inSeattle last season.

ViaESPN

Oklahoma City

[h2]Roy Expected To Be Okay For SeasonOpener[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 9:02 PM EST

por_40.gif
Guard Brandon Roy underwentsuccessful arthroscopic knee surgery on Thursday and the Blazers expect that he will be fine for the team's season opener against the L.A. Lakers, theAssociated Press is reporting.

Blazers athletics trainer Jay Jensen told The Oregonian that Roy will be off crutches next week.

Via USAToday

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Eyeing Future, Artest Swaps Agents[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 8:59 PM EST

hou_40.gif
Forward Ron Artest, on the verge ofbecoming a Houston Rocket via trade, has swapped agents, according to Ian Thomson of Sports Illustrated.

David Bauman, who replaces Mark Stevens, said he received the signed agent papers from Artest on Thursday morning. ''I look forward to working withRon,'' said Bauman, who will be seeking a lucrative contract for Artest when he becomes a free agent in 2009.

Via SportsIllustrated

Houston Rockets, SacramentoKings

[h2]Insurance Issue Keeps Deng OffEngland National Team?[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 8:50 PM EST

chi_40.gif
Bulls forward Luol Deng may be offthe British National Team because of an issue with the insurance on his newly signed contract with Chicago, according to a report by the website Basketball24/7.

According to the report, the NBA's insurance company has refused to completely insure Deng because of an old back injury.

Under an arrangement with world-governing body FIBA, the NBA is obliged to release any player who wishes to play for his national team but only if insurancerequirements are totally met.

ViaBasketball 24/7

Chicago Bulls

[h2]Will Mason Remain In Oklahoma City?[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 4:31 PM EST

okc_40.gif
Desmond Mason, who played in OklahomaCity as a member of the Hornets two seasons ago, will become a free agent next summer, according to The Oklahoman.

Oklahoma City acquired Mason, who has career averages of 11.9 points and 6.9 rebounds, in a three-way trade with Cleveland and Milwaukee on Wednesday.

"Free agency has a life of its own, and you really don't know what's going to take place," Mason's agent Roger Montgomery said of hisclient lasting more than one season in Oklahoma City. "But I think they're going to have just as good a chance as anybody else being that they'regoing to be able to be around him and see what he brings to the table on a daily basis."

Via TheOklahoman

Oklahoma City

[h2]Woman In Jordan Suit To Jail ForViolating Order[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 4:19 PM EST

nba_40.gif
A woman who claims that MichaelJordan fathered her son has been sentenced to a week in jail for violating a court order, according to The Associated Press.

A judge barred Lisa Miceli from contacting Jordan, his family, or his representatives. Miceli also had to write a letter promising she would comply.

However, Miceli wrote she couldn't comply because she believes her son is being cheated out of child support.

ViaESPN

General Basketball

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Kleiza Wants To Stay With Nuggets[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 4:16 PM EST

den_40.gif
Forward Linas Kleiza wants to remainwith the Nuggets and hopes to sign an extension with the team by the Oct. 31 deadline, according to The Rocky Mountain News.

"Oh, yeah, definitely," he said on Thursday of staying with Denver. "I love being there, so hopefully it will work out."

If he doesn't sign an extension by the deadline, he will become a restricted free agent next summer.

Via The RockyMountain News

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Bucks Officially Sign Elson[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 11:17 AM EST

mil_40.gif
The Bucks officially signed backupcenter Francisco Elson to a two-year deal worth roughly $3 million on Wednesday afternoon, according to The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

The official signing got lost in the all events surrounding the three-team trade that sent point guard Luke Ridnour to Milwaukee on Wednesday.

"He's played over 5,000 minutes in this league and brings experience to our roster," Bucks' GM John Hammond said of Elson. "He'splayed for an NBA champion (with San Antonio). He runs the floor, and he's another guy who can step out and make a face-up jump shot."

Via TheMilwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Ratliff Interested In Joining theSixers[/h2]
Aug 14, 2008 11:02 AM EST

phi_40.gif
According to a source, Theo Ratliffhad offers from other teams for more money, but that he was very interested in the Sixers.

Ratliff, a 13-year veteran, finished last season with the Detroit Pistons.

ViaPhiladelphia Daily News

Philadelphia 76ers

roll.gif

laugh.gif

?
laugh.gif

B Roy surgery today.

i was questioning why you think we're desperate for good news?

last season was a big accomplishment,

13 game win streak, and we finished at .500

all without oden.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom