Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

OOOOOOOO!!! Cant wait for this game

Alston, Rafer
McGrady, Tracy
Artest, Ron
Battier, Shane/Scola, Luis
Ming, Yao

vs.

Fisher, Derek
Bryant, Kobe
Odom, Lamar/Ariza, Trevor
Gasol, Pau
Bynum, Andrew

wow now the Suns have guys who you don't want to shoot ( Amundson, Barnes ) but will hustle for you.

Originally Posted by BangDak

kobe would dominate the rockets (yes, lakers fan checking in)
He struggled mightily against the Rockets last year in the game I saw. Shane played him as well as anyone can play Kobe. His hand was right in his faceon every shot.

Originally Posted by JD617

He struggled mightily against the Rockets last year in the game I saw. Shane played him as well as anyone can play Kobe. His hand was right in his face on every shot.
Kobe stans hate this fact...We haven't beat the rockets in 3 years with t-mac in the line up. Every game we have won T-mac has been out or injuredin the game....

I actually can't wait for the blazer laker opener. I am getting my money ready for that game.

I actually can't wait for the blazer laker opener. I am getting my money ready for that game.
haha...lakers will prolly take it...blazers dont win in LA...deng i would never do that bet as a blazer fan

Originally Posted by tupac003

He struggled mightily against the Rockets last year in the game I saw. Shane played him as well as anyone can play Kobe. His hand was right in his face on every shot.
Kobe stans hate this fact...We haven't beat the rockets in 3 years with t-mac in the line up. Every game we have won T-mac has been out or injured in the game....

wow i had never noticed that

Not a good look for Portland if Roy isn't 100% this season. That team strives off him playing well. Oden will most likely be 10-10 this year, I don'tthink that's enough to carry them.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Kobe stans hate this fact...We haven't beat the rockets in 3 years with t-mac in the line up. Every game we have won T-mac has been out or injured in the game....

pimp.gif

While Stephon Marbury plans to play in the NBA this season - with the Knicks or another club if released - he still has plans of an Italian career. In fact, Marbury told The Post he will play as soon as next season, specifically aiming to join Milan. He'll have connections. Mike D'Antoni coached Milan in the 1990's and first-rounder Danilo Gallinari played for Milan the past two seasons. NY Post

"People just didn't understand and didn't know (last summer)," said Marbury, who will be in Coney Island Sunday when his summer kids basketball league holds its Finals at Surfside Gardens. "When I made comments about playing overseas people took it out of perspective, thought I was talking about leaving while still playing for the Knicks. It was turned into something negative about going to Italy. Now it seems it's OK. "Why wouldn't you want to play basketball, still make money and live in a place that's beautiful," Marbury added. "Milan is definitely where I want to play basketball at. That's where I fell in love with Italy." NY Post

However, Walsh said during a seminar with season-ticket holders this week, according to a team source, that Marbury has a "clean slate" and he'll see how he looks at training camp, which begins in six weeks in Saratoga. NY Post
New Orleans Hornets free agent guard Jannero Pargo, a valued sixth man, has reached an agreement in principle with Moscow Dynamo on a one-year contract worth about $3.5 million, sources close to the negotiations told Yahoo! Sports. Yahoo

Jasikevicius doesn't mince words: He blames most of his problems on former Pacers and current Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle. "Obviously, the (up-tempo) style of play Rick promised me was never there, the opportunities to play were never there, and the players who were supposed to be gone by the time I came were still around," he said. "Rick did a great false recruiting job on me, like college recruiting where they say, 'If you come here, we promise you the world.' " Indianapolis Star

Jasikevicius: "But Larry (Bird) being such an honorable man, and (then-president) Donnie (Walsh), too, they hire the coach and let him coach the way he wants. Rick's a half-court man, no question." Indianapolis Star

The Nets' 7-foot acquisition from the Bucks really isn't as bad as he looked in the first two Olympic games for China, is he? One writer in Beijing said "Yi Jianlian" is Mandarin for "stiff." Drop our prediction from 33 wins to 30. "To me, the thing that counts is how is he going to fit in on our team," Nets team president Rod Thorn said today in a little summertime chat between two guys who seemed incredibly bored in the afternoon, even with synchronized skeet shooting due up. "Our guards are a lot better than the guards China has." NY Post

Nets remain in the market for a third point guard behind Devin Harris and combo guard Keyon Dooling. "We're still trying to keep our options open," Thorn said. Thorn was relatively mum regarding a name that intrigues, Shaun Livingston, but virtually said don't hold your breath. NY Post

The Lakers signed free agent forward Josh Powell on Thursday. Terms of the contract were not released. AP/LA Daily News

J.R. Giddens agreed to a two-year, guaranteed contract with the Celtics yesterday, with team options for another two seasons that could push the value of the deal to a little more than $5 million. The 30th pick in the first round of this year's NBA draft also was receiving interest from teams in Italy, Greece, and Eastern Europe. Boston Globe

Ainge said contract extensions for coach Doc Rivers and his staff are expected to be wrapped up by the time training camp begins in October in Newport, R.I. Boston Globe

It was no secret that the Kings had attempted to trade Ron Artest for the better part of a year, at least partly for fear of losing the small forward to free agency (2009 offseason). Nor was there much suspense about the identity of the potential trading partners. The Lakers. Miami. Denver. Dallas. Golden State. All had some interest. But the Houston Rockets made too much sense along. To improve their prospects in the Western Conference and a chance of advancing beyond the first round for what seems like forever, they needed a third star, and probably a veteran. Sacramento Bee

The wife of Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O'Neal said Thursday that her marriage to the NBA star is on the mend. During an interview about the launch of her new video-sharing Web site, Shaunie O'Neal told the Associated Press that the couple plans to stop divorce proceedings soon. "Neither one of us could probably answer why we were getting one in the first place," Shaunie O'Neal said. Houston Chronicle

"Things have been going so great, that someone actually had to remind us that 'Hey, you do remember those papers are still there.' Literally, it was days ago," Shaunie O'Neal said. "So, we've agreed that before we leave Florida in a few days we'll make sure that that's gone away." Houston Chronicle

[h2]Marbury Eyes Milan[/h2]
Aug 15, 2008 5:10 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
In the pastStephon Marbury has spoken about signing in Europe once he becomes a free agent, which at the time most considered a far fetched notion. But this offseason,where a handful of players have turned down NBA contracts for more money in Europe, has made the possibility seem a little more realistic.

According to the New York Post, Marbury's plans certainly have not wavered, with the current Knick pin pointing Milan as hispreferred destination of choice.

"People just didn't understand and didn't know (last summer)," said Marbury. "When I made comments aboutplaying overseas people took it out of perspective, thought I was talking about leaving while still playing for the Knicks. It was turned into somethingnegative about going to Italy. Now it seems it's OK."

"Why wouldn't you want to play basketball, still make money and live in a place that's beautiful," Marbury added."Milan is definitely where I want to play basketball at. That's where I fell in love with Italy."

Via New York Post

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback BuyTickets

[h2]Celtics Sign J.R.Giddens[/h2]
Aug 15, 2008 9:12 AM EST

bos_40.gif
The Celticshave signed J.R. Giddens, their first-round draft pick, to a two-year deal, according to The Boston Herald.

"I really like J.R. He's athletic, skilled, a great in-between game," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said after the draft."He has a chance to fight for minutes right away because of his defense."

Giddens was the 30th overall pick in June's NBA Draft.

Via The Boston Herald

Boston Celtics

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Dickau Signs Deal WithItalian Team[/h2]
Aug 15, 2008 9:09 AM EST

nba_40.gif
Guard DanDickau has signed a two-year deal to play with Avellino of the Italian League, according to The Oregonian.

"Things on the NBA front were going a little slow," Dickau said. "A number of European teams showed a lot of interestand I decided to look into it further."

Dickau joins Josh Childress, Earl Boykins and Carlos Delfino as players who have opted to play in Europe next season.

Via The Oregonian

General Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Mo Is Ready To AssistLeBron In Cleveland[/h2]
Aug 15, 2008 9:00 AM EST

cle_40.gif
Newly-acquiredpoint guard Maurice Williams is ready to assist LeBron James in Cleveland, according to ESPN.com.

"Watching from afar with LeBron, he handles the ball a lot," Williams said. "I think that I can take a load off of himhandling the ball at times. He's a guy that kind of sets his teammates up a lot. I think I can relieve him from that. That will help him as far as being alittle fresher at the end of the season."

The Cavaliers acquired Williams from Milwaukee on Wednesday in a three-team trade in which Cleveland sent guard Damon Jones to theBucks and forward Joe Smith to Oklahoma City.

"It can help us. I think Mo is a very good point guard, he can create for himself and create for others, so it's a greatmove. I think it's an 'A,' " James told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan from Beijing.

Via ESPN

Cleveland Cavaliers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Jasikevicius: I Was'Miserable' With Pacers[/h2]
Aug 15, 2008 8:52 AM EST

ind_40.gif
SarunasJasikevicius admitted on Thursday that he was utterly miserable during his time with the Pacers, according to The Indianapolis Star.

"I was pretty much miserable (in Indiana)," Jasikevicius said Thursday night. "Those were bad times for me.Obviously."

He blames a majority of his problems in Indiana on former coach Rick Carlisle, now with the Mavericks.

"Obviously, the (up-tempo) style of play Rick promised me was never there, the opportunities to play were never there, and theplayers who were supposed to be gone by the time I came were still around," Jasikevicius said. "Rick did a great false recruiting job on me, likecollege recruiting where they say, 'If you come here, we promise you the world.' "

"But Larry (Bird) being such an honorable man, and (then-president) Donnie (Walsh), too, they hire the coach and let him coachthe way he wants. Rick's a half-court man, no question."

Sarunas, however, wasn't able to get off the bench in Golden State either, where Don Nelson runs an European-style ofplay.

"I don't know that there's any reason to respond," Carlisle said in response. "It's all pretty baseless . .. I respect Sarunas' game and his basketball IQ, and that's why the only NBA success he had was with me as a coach."

Via The Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h1]Finley to re-sign with Spurs despite interest of others, sources say[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(
Archive)

Updated: August 15, 2008, 5:07 PM ET

After drawing interest from a few top contenders, including the NBA's new champions in Boston, Michael Finley has elected to re-sign with the San Antonio Spurs.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Friday that Finley and the Spurs have reached terms on a new deal that has been submitted for league approval.

[h4]Michael Finley[/h4]
3023.jpg

Small Forward
San Antonio Spurs

[table] 2008 Season Stats [tr][td]GM[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]82[/td] [td]10.1[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td].414[/td] [td].800[/td] [/tr][/table]
Contract specifics were not immediately available, but sources say Finley's decision came down to a choice between staying with the Spurs or joining the Boston Celtics as the reigning champs' replacement for James Posey, who signed with the New Orleans Hornets earlier this summer.
Sources say the two-time All-Star also drew strong interest from the Hornets and Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Spurs, though, were determined to keep Finley, 35, even after signing swingman Roger Mason away from the Washington Wizards last month, with Brent Barry leaving San Antonio's wing rotation to sign with the Houston Rockets.

Heading into his 14th season, Finley joined the Spurs in the summer of 2005 after being waived by the Dallas Mavericks via the league's one-time amnesty provision, which allowed the Mavs to avoid paying a dollar-for-dollar luxury tax on the $51.8 million they owed Finley over the past three seasons.

The Spurs were eliminated by the Mavericks in a memorable second-round series in Finley's first season in San Antonio before winning the championship in 2007 to end Finley's decade-plus chase for a ring.

Finley then started 61 games last season for the Spurs, averaging 10.1 points and shooting 37 percent from 3-point range.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

I really like the addition of Flip Murray on the Hawks, he helps to diversify their line up a lot. Flip has much better D than he has shown recently sohopefully for the Hawks that D can return. Now they could use another shooter so they might resign Salim, it would be better for them to get a bigger and lesswild shooter though.

Marbury..

What a +*+%#@% joke.

Walsh comes out and says he could still play and has a clean slate...

Then he says he's gona leave NEXT season....

So why should we bring your !$$+@$+ back?

That's it, I do not want to see ONE Knick fan defend the guy anymore. Not ONE of yall.

Originally Posted by airkeung88

Finally Damon Jones is gone from the Cavs. Never like him, especially they paid him so much too.

I use to be a Damon fan but after he joined the Heat he went from a good offensive player only being held back by his mediocre D and athleticism to a onedimensional shooter. I don't know why he's decided to model his game off of Steve Kerr the last few seasons, but some of the best parts of his gamehave disappeared. Watching some of his games with the Grizzlies and Bucks I thought his court vision was extremely underrated, but now he's just a slightlymore valuable Salim Stoudamire. I just think he doesn't give of %$#* anymore and his effort shows it, he'll be lucky to catch on as a 3rd string pg.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

eek.gif
@ Pargo going overseas

Anyone know the total number of players that have left the NBA this summer?

It's gotta be almost a dozen by now especially if Ben Gordon follows suit.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom