Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Ben Gordon was interviewed here in Chicago and was asked if he thought he had played his last game in a Bulls' uniform. His answer was "yes."
He wants a sign and trade. He's a greedy person. Take your @+@ out of Chicago Ben. I supported you until tonight. Lame @+@ fool.

^ I wish.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

eek.gif
@ Pargo going overseas

Anyone know the total number of players that have left the NBA this summer?

no, but all I all I know is DIckau doesn't count.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Lakers Sign Josh Powell
Aug 14, 2008 9:08 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent Josh Powell, it was announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

Powell, a three-year NBA veteran, spent last season with the Los Angeles Clippers where he averaged 5.5 points and 5.2 rebounds in 64 games. After going undrafted in 2003, the 6-9 forward spent two seasons overseas where he played in both the Italian and Russian basketball leagues. Prior to the 2005-06 season, Powell was signed as a free agent by the Dallas Mavericks where he averaged 3.0 points and 2.2 rebounds in 37 games. The North Carolina State alum was traded to the Indiana Pacers in July of 2006 and played in seven games before being acquired by the Golden State Warriors in a midseason trade. Powell finished the 2006-07 season with averages of 3.1 points and 2.4 rebounds in 37 games.

Powell has career averages of 4.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 138 games with Dallas, Indiana, Golden State and the Clippers.

Via Press Release

Good yet another reason to watch LA v LA 4x this season.
tired.gif

Introducing Ronny Turiaf 2.0 minus the goofy dance steps and fugazi accent.
sick.gif

Josh Powell doesn't really play like Ronny Turiaf.

Josh is more athletic but plays small for his size. He isn't the rebounding/garbage play/energy guy that Ronny is.

Originally Posted by KGdakid21

The BG situation is done...

draft_lens1513858module8197113photo_TigerWoods_Fist_Pump.jpg1202767632

What was the final result?

The only news I can find is that he has turned down the Bulls 1 year offer, and that he says he has played his final game as a Chicago Bull, which meansthis situation is far from over.
Chicago Bulls guard Ben Gordon won't sign the club's one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million, setting the stage for a possible departure from the team, The Chicago Tribune reported Saturday.

"I'm definitely not taking it," Gordon said. "I've already expressed that to them. I mean, that's not an option."

As a restricted free agent, Gordon can't force a sign-and-trade, but the Bulls' leading scorer for the last three seasons could sign with a European club.

Asked if he believed he'd played his last game for Chicago, Gordon said: "Yeah, I guess that's safe to say."

Gordon, who's averaged 18 points a game over four seasons, turned down a five-year, $50 extension last summer. Gordon is believed to be seeking about $72 million, which would put the club into luxury-tax range.

"I was definitely trying to work something out with the Bulls," Gordon said. "I told them I wanted to go back. It was a numbers game."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8456686/Report:-Gordon-refuses-to-sign-Bulls'-offer

Gordon, who's averaged 18 points a game over four seasons, turned down a five-year, $50 extension last summer. Gordon is believed to be seeking about $72 million, which would put the club into luxury-tax range.

"I was definitely trying to work something out with the Bulls," Gordon said. "I told them I wanted to go back. It was a numbers game."

Dude...be real.

Ben Gordon: "I guess it's safe to say I've played my last game in a Bulls uniform," Gordon told ESPN.com. The Bulls guard suggested his agent, Raymond Brothers, is exploring sign-and-trade possibilities with other teams. "I'm pretty optimistic it'll happen," said Gordon, the Bulls' leading scorer for the past three seasons. "It's very likely." Now, whether this is just wishful thinking on Gordon's part or a likely occurrence is anyone's guess. In order to work out a sign-and-trade, the restricted free agent would have to find a team willing to meet his salary requests, then work out an equitable trade with the Bulls. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The other team would likely have to agree to take back more salaries than they send to the Bulls, because the Bulls do not want to exceed the NBA's luxury-tax threshold. With the players already under contract, the Bulls have about $8.6 million left to spend on salaries next season before having to pay a dollar-for-dollar penalty on any excess above the $71.5-million tax threshold. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

With the luxury tax in mind, the Bulls have offered Gordon a contract in the neighborhood of $59 million over six years. According to a source, Brothers is asking for $12 million per year, more than the $71 million over six years the Bulls just gave forward Luol Deng. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

Q: You won't take the qualifying offer and wait a season to become an unrestricted free agent? BG: "I'm definitely not taking that. I'm definitely not taking it. I've already expressed that to them. I mean, that's not an option." Westchester Journal News

Brothers (Ben Gordon's agent) refused to name the teams he's spoken with, but added playing in Europe is also a possibility. He said the only certainty is Gordon will not sign the Bulls' one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million. Bulls Executive VP John Paxson did not return a phone call seeking comment. ESPN.com

Gordon admitted he's frustrated and "feels slighted" by the slow pace of negotiations with the Bulls. He said at this point it would be best for him to play elsewhere since Chicago's backcourt is seemingly full, with Derrick Rose, Larry Hughes and Kirk Hinrich. ESPN.com

Chicago offered Gordon a five-year, $50 million contract last season, but he turned it down. This summer, reports have surfaced saying Gordon believes he should be the Bulls' highest-paid player since he's their leading scorer. Chicago recently signed Luol Deng to a six-year, $71 million deal. ESPN.com

On Zach Randolph: "Zach is working out like crazy right now," Brothers said. Westchester Journal News

D'Antoni is unsure if Walsh will make another deal before training camp opens. "It's hard to tell," he said. "I think every day he's talking. Whether something happens, it takes two to tango. I don't know if anything will come up. If it doesn't, it doesn't. We're ready to go to battle with what we have. If something comes up that betters the team, so be it." NY Post

Shooting guard Michael Finley has agreed to return for a fourth season in San Antonio and more, his agent Henry Thomas said Friday. Specific details of the agreement were not immediately available, but Thomas said the Spurs have made a commitment to Finley "beyond just a year" and that the new contract will pay more than the veteran minimum of $1.3 million next season. San Antonio Express-News

Josh Childress began the exodus of role players in July when he spurned the Atlanta Hawks and signed a three-year deal with Greek club Olympiakos worth about $20 million after taxes. Earl Boykins, Carlos Arroyo, Nenad Krstic, Carlos Delfino and Jorge Garbajosa have since left the NBA for European teams. AP/Arizona Republic

New Orleans attempted to re-sign Pargo after he opted out of the final year of his contract in hopes of getting a more lucrative deal. Bartelstein said he had a handful of offers from the NBA, and the short length of the contract means the 28-year-old backup point guard has some future flexibility. AP/Arizona Republic

Jannero Pargo, the point guard the Spurs had envisioned backing up Tony Parker next season, instead said "yes" to Dynamo Moscow of the Russian League, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told the Associated Press on Friday. Pargo - Chris Paul's primary backup in New Orleans last season - agreed to a one-year deal worth nearly $4 million, according to Bartelstein. San Antonio Express-News

That figure is about twice what Pargo earned last season and substantially more than he was likely to command anywhere in the NBA. The Spurs are believed to have offered a deal starting at $2 million, the maximum they had available. San Antonio Express-News

Gregg Popovich might need to rest Ginobili not only for the sake of the ankle, but also to rest him in general following a taxing summer. But rest Ginobili too much and the Spurs could lose several games, not something they can afford in the rugged Western Conference. Fantasy owners don't know how Popovich will handle the situation. San Antonio Express-News

[h2]Gordon: I'vePlayed My Last Game With The Bulls[/h2]
Gordon_Ben_chi_080108.jpg

Aug 15, 2008 11:23 PM EST

chi_40.gif
Ben Gordon tooka step towards closure with the Chicago Bulls over failed negotiations on Friday when he told Chris Broussard from ESPN the Magazine that he has played hislast game representing the Windy City.

"I guess it's safe to say I've played my last game in a Bulls' uniform," Gordon said.

Gordon's agent Raymond Brothers said he has been speaking to other teams about sign and trade possibilities while Europe alsoremains an option for the Bulls' leading scorer. Gordon said he will not accept the team's qualifying offer worth $6.4 million for one season, allowinghim to become an unrestricted free agent in 2009-2010.

"I'm pretty optimistic it'll happen," said Gordon, who averaged 18.6 points last season. "It's verylikely."

Via ESPN

Chicago Bulls

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Pargo Signs Deal WithDynamo[/h2]
Aug 15, 2008 10:28 PM EST

noh_40.gif
Jannero Pargohas become the latest player to choose Europe over the NBA, signing a one-year deal with Moscow Dynamo worth $3.8 million, according to Yahoo!Sports.

He joins former Nets forward Bostjan Nachbar on the team, who will be coached by an American this season.

The guaranteed money in Russia trumped serious bids made by the Spurs and Hawks.

Pargo averaged more than 10 points a game in the postseason for the Hornets this spring.

Via Yahoo!

New Orleans Hornets

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Rubio's NBA StockRising?[/h2]
Aug 16, 2008 5:21 PM EST

draft_40.gif
The stock ofSpanish point guard Ricky Rubio continues to rise as he battles international competition at the Olympics in Beijing, according to Yahoo! Sports.

"He's a different kind of a European talent," Team USA managing director Jerry Colangelo said of Rubio. "I can seethe sizzle."

He turns 18 in October and could enter the NBA Draft in 2009, but sources in Spain claim that he will wait to join the NBA until2010.

"I will be shocked if he isn't a top-two pick in the draft," one Western Conference GM said. "If he gets a jumperat all, he is a lock as a team leader and ticket draw. His tenacity, toughness and poise at such a young age are remarkable. He is the guy every GM wants tosee this season."

Via Yahoo!

NBA Draft

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Knicks Pick Skidmore ForTraining[/h2]
Aug 16, 2008 5:11 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks havesigned a two-year deal with Skidmore College to hold their training camp on campus, according to The Daily Gazette.

"We're all set," said athletic director Gail Cummings-Danson. "It's going to be terrific. The Knicks areexcited about this, and so are we. I think it's going to be a great relationship for both sides."

This year's camp is scheduled for Sept. 29 to Oct. 4.

The Knicks had held their training camp in Charleston, S.C., for the last 17 years, but reportedly wanted to move their camp closer tohome.

Via The Daily Gazette

New York Knicks

[h2]Ridnour ExcitedAbout Fresh Start In Milwaukee[/h2]
Aug 16, 2008 5:05 PM EST

mil_40.gif
New Bucks pointguard Luke Ridnour is excited about the fresh start he'll receive in a new uniform, according to The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

"Ever since I heard the news, I can't tell you how excited I've been," Ridnour said Friday as he was introduced byhis new team.

"It's a good system for me to play in, to play for a coach that was a point guard himself," Ridnour continued. "Ienjoyed it under Nate McMillan, and I'm going to enjoy it under Coach Skiles. It's just his competitiveness and toughness; I'll try to bring thatto the court."

"One way or another, we are going to be a much better defensive team," Scott Skiles said. "Right behind that, we wantto be a good rebounding team, and we want to push the ball, in that order."

Via The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Milwaukee Bucks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]China Edges Germany ThanksTo Yao, Yi[/h2]
Aug 16, 2008 12:42 PM EST

nba_40.gif
China edgedGermany 59-55 on Saturday morning thanks to a pair of clutch plays by Yao Ming and Yi Jianlian.

Dirk Nowitzki made a three-pointer with less than two minutes left on the clock to cut China's lead to 56-55, but Yi coverted ajumper with just 31 seconds remaining to push his country's lead to three.

Then, after Nowitzki missed another three-point attempt, Yao made one of two free throws to put the game out of reach with less thentwenty seconds on the clock.

Ming finished with 25 points and 11 rebounds and Jianlian contributed 9 points and 11 boards of his own off the bench for China, whoheld Germany to just 29.0% shooting.

Nowitzki starred with 24 points and 17 rebounds, while Chris Kaman added 10 points and 12 rebounds, but that wasn't enough tocarry Germany to victory.

China is now 2-2 in Olympic play, while Germany is a dismal 1-3.

Via Andrew Perna/RealGM

General Basketball

[h2]U.S. Gets Hot In Rout OfSpain[/h2]
Aug 16, 2008 12:32 PM EST

nba_40.gif
The UnitedStates was red-hot on Saturday morning in their 119-82 rout of Spain.

The U.S. outscored Spain in each of the four quarters, including a 33-19 edge in the fourth period.

LeBron James led with 18 points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds and Dwyane Wade added 16 points and 7 assists for the United States, whoshot 57.8% from the field in the victory.

Felipe Reyes led Spain with 17 points and 8 rebounds, while Pau Gasol added 13 points and 6 boards in the loss.

Ricky Rubio added 8 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists for Spain off the bench.

The U.S. is unbeaten (4-0) thus far in Beijing, and has clinched a first-place finish in its group.

Via Andrew Perna/RealGM

General Basketball

[h2]Bucks Done Making Moves?[/h2]
Aug 16, 2008 10:51 AM EST

mil_40.gif
The Bucksappear to be done making moves this offseason as general manager John Hammond expects the team to stand pat, according to The Chicago Tribune.

"I would assume, sitting here today, that this is probably the roster that we would probably go to camp with," Hammond saidof the team. "But the job continues. It never changes. You continue to work the phones, talk to teams. That never stops. They never stop, we never stop.And if an opportunity would present itself to make us better, we're always going to consider things. But right now, I suppose, if you looked at it, youwould probably say this is our group."

Milwaukee traded Yi Jianlian to New Jersey for Richard Jefferson, drafted Joe Alexander, and sent Mo Williams to Cleveland in athree-team deal that involved Oklahoma City as well.

Via The Chicago Tribune

Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Timberwolves ToUnveil New Uniforms Monday[/h2]
Aug 16, 2008 6:37 AM EST

min_40.gif
The Wolves willpublicly unveil for the first time the team's newly designed uniforms for the upcoming 20th season at the IDS Crystal Court Monday from noon to 1p.m.

The new home and road uniforms will be unveiled during a program that will include appearances by the Timberwolves' mascot Crunchand members of the team's basketball operations.

This will mark the third time in franchise history that the Timberwolves have changed uniforms. The previous uniform change occurredprior to the start of the 1996-97 season. The Wolves' uniform design had remained unchanged for 12 seasons.

The new uniforms are the latest step in the re-branding campaign of the Timberwolves as the team approaches its 20th season. TheWolves introduced a re-designed primary and new secondary logo earlier this summer.

Via timberwolves.com

Minnesota Timberwolves

[h2]Bosh Emerging As Leader InBeijing[/h2]
Aug 15, 2008 4:41 PM EST

tor_40.gif
Chris Bosh hasemerged as a leader for Team USA in Beijing during this month's Olympics, according to The Toronto Star.

"Chris Bosh was terrific," said Kobe Bryant after the team's 92-69 defeat of Greece on Thursday. "He always seemsto find himself in the right place at the right time, and when we penetrate he's able to find a little crack or seam and be able tofinish."

Bosh admitted that he has been able to lead by adjusting his game to exactly what Team USA needs from him.

"I can play defense, and I can play a different role," Bosh said. "I think that's hard for guys to acceptsometimes, but I just want to win."

Via The Toronto Star

Toronto Raptors

[h2]Mason: I Could Finish MyCareer In OKC[/h2]
Aug 15, 2008 4:37 PM EST

okc_40.gif
Desmond Masonwas happy to hear that the Bucks had traded him to Oklahoma City earlier this week, according to The Oklahoman.

"When I looked at it and saw Oklahoma City I was relieved because it's a place that we're comfortable with, a place thatwe enjoy being and a place we have history in," Mason said Thursday. "So this move is easier for us."

Mason starred at Oklahoma State in college.

"It wouldn't bother me one bit to finish my career in Oklahoma City. I enjoy being there. We all know how negotiations go andhow free agency goes, but Oklahoma City has a special place in my heart," Mason added. "For me, that would kind of be like a fairytale story tofinish where I played college at, being around people that I love, and being close to home. My wife went to college there, and our daughter will be able toexperience what we experienced there growing as young adults."

Via The Oklahoman

Oklahoma City

[table][tr][td]
Haddadi to Be First Iranian Basketball Player in NBA

TEHRAN (FNA)- Hamed Haddadi could soon bring his 7-foot-2, 260-pound frame and enormous promise to the NBA.
[/td] [td]
A0482536.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Haddadi, who plays for Iran's Olympic team, said Thursday he expects to sign a deal with the NBA's Memphis Grizzlies. Haddadi said he plans to meetwith Grizzlies coach Marc Iavaroni.

The Grizzlies, according to the Memphis Commercial Appeal, want to add Haddadi to their roster.

"I like America," Haddadi said in his halting English. He visited the United States in July to play in a Utah summer league.

Iran's assistant coach Mehran Hatami said he expects no obstacles to block Haddadi's NBA future.

"For sure, he will come," Hatami said.

Haddadi has plenty to learn. When he lifts the ball over his head, it's over. With his massive frame and long arms, he scores easily.

But what must intrigue the Grizzlies is his potential. Even in his raw, unfinished condition, he shows flashes of dominance. With the help of a personaltrainer, Haddadi could become a frightening presence in the lane.

On Thursday, Ehadadi battled against Australian center Andrew Bogut, the former Utah star who plays for the Milwaukee Bucks. Haddadi collected 15 points, eightrebounds and three blocked shots in Iran's 106-68 loss.

This is Iran's first basketball appearance in Olympic competition since 1948. With a big man named Ehadadi leading the way, it won't be the last.

"I think he has a good chance to play in the NBA," Bogut said. "He needs to get a bit stronger. Once he hits the weight room, he'll be apretty tough horse."

Stay tuned. An Iranian could soon be battling in the United States.

Haddadi might tangle with China's Yao Ming and Australia's Bogut and Spain's Pau Gasol and America's Dwight Howard in a kind of league ofnations in the lane.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Lakers Sign Josh Powell
Aug 14, 2008 9:08 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent Josh Powell, it was announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

Powell, a three-year NBA veteran, spent last season with the Los Angeles Clippers where he averaged 5.5 points and 5.2 rebounds in 64 games. After going undrafted in 2003, the 6-9 forward spent two seasons overseas where he played in both the Italian and Russian basketball leagues. Prior to the 2005-06 season, Powell was signed as a free agent by the Dallas Mavericks where he averaged 3.0 points and 2.2 rebounds in 37 games. The North Carolina State alum was traded to the Indiana Pacers in July of 2006 and played in seven games before being acquired by the Golden State Warriors in a midseason trade. Powell finished the 2006-07 season with averages of 3.1 points and 2.4 rebounds in 37 games.

Powell has career averages of 4.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 138 games with Dallas, Indiana, Golden State and the Clippers.

Via Press Release

Good yet another reason to watch LA v LA 4x this season.
tired.gif

Introducing Ronny Turiaf 2.0 minus the goofy dance steps and fugazi accent.
sick.gif

Josh Powell doesn't really play like Ronny Turiaf.

Josh is more athletic but plays small for his size. He isn't the rebounding/garbage play/energy guy that Ronny is.

Powell will give the Lakers ths same thing Ronny gave yall minus the dance steps. TRUST!

man, no one can replace ronny's energy off the bench and dance
frown.gif

hes still a great pickup for the us either way

BG is straight
sick.gif
sick.gif

as a bulls fan, dude chucks way too much and doesn't drive in. i dont care if he's semi clutch, him and hinirich needs to go since we got rose in.

Rose
Hughes
Deng
Gooden
Tyrus

is good enough to work on.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by KGdakid21

The BG situation is done...

draft_lens1513858module8197113photo_TigerWoods_Fist_Pump.jpg1202767632

What was the final result?

The only news I can find is that he has turned down the Bulls 1 year offer, and that he says he has played his final game as a Chicago Bull, which means this situation is far from over.
Chicago Bulls guard Ben Gordon won't sign the club's one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million, setting the stage for a possible departure from the team, The Chicago Tribune reported Saturday.

"I'm definitely not taking it," Gordon said. "I've already expressed that to them. I mean, that's not an option."

As a restricted free agent, Gordon can't force a sign-and-trade, but the Bulls' leading scorer for the last three seasons could sign with a European club.

Asked if he believed he'd played his last game for Chicago, Gordon said: "Yeah, I guess that's safe to say."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8456686/Report:-Gordon-refuses-to-sign-Bulls'-offer

I'm just a premature celebrator...so I have misspoken

Back
Top Bottom