Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

That'd be a good look, if the Hornets moved to Seattle, and become the Seattle Sonics. The only downside to that is, if it happens, then you'reflushing away the Charlotte Hornets history.

[h1]LeBron James to be featured in new documentary[/h1]
By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer Sep 2, 5:54 pm EDT

CLEVELAND (AP)-LeBron James has gone from the gold-medal stand to the silver screen.
The Cavaliers' megastar, fresh off helping the U.S. basketball team win gold at the Beijing Olympics, will be at the Toronto International Film Festival this weekend for the debut of "More Than A Game," a documentary chronicling his rise to stardom and how he and four childhood friends overcame long odds to win a national championship in high school.

Combining footage taken during James' career at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in nearby Akron, along with one-on-one interviews by writer/director Kris Belman, home videos, and personal family photographs, the film is about much more than basketball. At its core is a story of friendship, loyalty and love.

"We set out with a goal as kids and we wanted to accomplish that someway, somehow by using basketball as a tool, not knowing that it was going to create other opportunities for us," James said. "We didn't know it was going to create a brotherhood and trust. We grew from kids into young men."

James is expected to be joined by friends and former teammates Dru Joyce III, Sian Cotton, Willie McGee and Romeo Travis for the premiere.

Like the much-acclaimed 1994 film "Hoop Dreams," which followed two Chicago high school students chasing their dream of becoming pro basketball players, "More Than A Game" focuses on how James and his friends' lives are shaped by basketball.

Their journey began together as 8-year-old boys, winds through years crisscrossing the country playing in AAU tournaments and finishes in their senior season at St. Vincent-St. Mary, a year when James came under scrutiny for accepting a $50,000 sports-utility vehicle as a gift from his mother and his eligibility was briefly stripped by the Ohio High School Athletic Association.

At the time, Belman was a film student at Loyola Marymount. He set out to chronicle James and his friends' season as his final school project, a 10-minute documentary. But after gaining the trust of the players and coach Dru Joyce, Belman spent two months filming and eventually teamed with producer Harvey Mason Jr. to the full-length feature.

James hopes the film will inspire youngsters.

"We set out with a goal when we were 8 and we accomplished it when we were 18," he said. "It's a great story and I wanted to get it out to kids that have a dream, that they should continue to go after it, believe in it and live it if they want to accomplish something."

[h2]Chalmers And ArthurCaught With Marijuana[/h2]
Chalmers_Mario_mia_080711.jpg

Sep 03, 2008 2:44 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Former membersof the Kansas Jayhaws' NCAA championship team Mario Chalmers of the Miami Heat and Darrell Arthur of the Memphis Grizzlies were dismissed from theNBA's Rookie Transition Program on Wednesday morning after being caught in their hotel room at Doral Arrowwood in Rye Brook, N.Y., with marijuana,according to sources.

"Yes, they were sent home for violating program rules," NBA spokesman Brian McIntyre said.

According to a source, the players were also fined $20,000 each and will begin the season on the suspended list.

Via ESPN

Miami Heat, Memphis Grizzlies

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Gordon In Talks With CSKAMoscow?[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 5:36 AM EST

chi_40.gif
Still not closeto an agreement with the Chicago Bulls, Ben Gordon is reportedly in discussions with Euroleague team CSKA Moscow about a one year contract, Mike McGraw of theDaily Herald is reporting.

The Bulls are believed to be offering Gordon a six-year deal worth around $59 million while Gordon wants $12 million peryear.

Gordon has stated in the past that signing the qualifying offer with the Bulls, worth $6.4 million, is not an option. One sitereported CSKA's offer at $5.5 million.

Via Daily Herald

Chicago Bulls, Euroleague Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Sources:Monta Had Several Cuts And Abrasions On Leg[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 6:50 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
Monta Ellis,according to multiple league sources that spoke with Marc Stein, had several cuts and abrasions on his leg, which is atypical of an injury sustained on abasketball court, in addition to the high ankle sprain and torn deltoid ligament he suffered on Aug. 21.

Ellis has not spoken publicly since his injury was revealed Wednesday and his agent, Jeff Fried, declined comment when reached byESPN.com.

Two sports medicine experts consulted by ESPN.com, granted anonymity because they aren't privy to the specifics of Ellis'condition, said that a torn deltoid ligament is rarely seen in basketball.

Via ESPN

Golden State Warriors

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets
[h2]Miami Waives StephaneLasme[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 6:37 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Miami HEATannounced today that they have requested waivers on forward Stephane Lasme.

The 6'8" forward was originally signed to a 10-day contract by the HEAT on Mar. 21, 2008.

He was signed for the remainder of the 2007-08 season on Apr. 10. In 16 games (four starts) last season, Lasme averaged 5.2 points,3.3 rebounds, 1.38 blocks and 18.9 minutes.

Lasme was originally the 46th overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft by the Golden State Warriors for whom he appeared in one game lastseason before being waived on Nov. 17.

Via Press Release

Miami Heat

[h2]Thunder Is The Name ForOKC[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 6:27 PM EST

okc_40.gif
The franchiseonce proudly called the Seattle SuperSonics became the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday.

The name and colors (blue, yellow, and orange) were revealed on NBA.com though it was widely expected for several weeks.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Oklahoma City

[h2]Grizzlies Hope To ImproveWith Youth[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 5:16 PM EST

mem_40.gif
The Grizzliesare hoping to improve this season through youth more than anything else, according to Memphis Commercial Appeal.

"We took care of some of the things we needed to do," GM Chris Wallace said. "We got more talent in, which is theoverall job. We got more athleticism. We picked up some size with a variety of big men who have different skills. At some point in time, we've got to getsome veterans that will take us to another level. That opportunity wasn't there this summer."

The Grizzlies have eight players on their thirteen man roster that are 23 or younger.

Via Memphis Commercial Appeal

Memphis Grizzlies

[h2]Mbenga Still A PossibilityFor Lakers[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 5:12 PM EST

lal_40.gif
Free agentcenter D.J. Mbenga is still a possibility for the Lakers as they look to improve their frontcourt via free agency, according to Orange CountyRegister.

Mbenga was reportedly an option in Miami, but the Heat opted to sign Jamaal Magloire instead.

Los Angeles added depth last month when they signed Josh Powell, but they have not closed the door on Mbenga.

Via Orange County Register

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]Heat Close To Re-SigningQuinn[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 5:02 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Heat arereportedly still close to re-signing point guard Chris Quinn to a new contract, according to Miami Herald.

The signing of center Jamaal Magloire gave the Heat fourteen players, one shy of the league maximum.

Miami extended a $1 million qualifying offer this summer to Quinn.

"Our training camp roster is set," Pat Riley said last Friday.

"We've got a lot of great [perimeter players], a lot of versatility. We're as good as we can be at thisstage."

Via Miami Herald

Miami Heat

[h2]Carmelo Isn'tThinking About Basketball[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 4:55 PM EST

den_40.gif
With a goldmedal win behind him, Nuggets' forward Carmelo Anthony said on Tuesday that he's not even thinking about basketball right now, according to DenverPost.

"I'm not even thinking about training camp right now," Anthony said during a news conference. "What is it, threeweeks away?"

Training camp actually opens in four weeks for the Nuggets, who will be looking to improve upon their disappointing first round lossto the Lakers last season.

"I'm pretty sure I'll be taking that same approach, especially after this run," Anthony said. "My whole summerwas taken from me; for the past four years, really. I don't think I've had an off summer yet. I'm going to take my time. "

Via Denver Post

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Thunder NicknamePresents Problem For Warriors?[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 1:13 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
The OklahomaCity franchise will most likely be called Thunder, which will have ramifications not only in Seattle but in Oakland.

The Warriors' mascot has been nicknamed Thunder for many seasons now, and Matt Steinmetz of the San Francisco Examiner brings upthe question of having a mascot of another team with the same name as another NBA club.

Via San Francisco Examiner

Golden State Warriors,Oklahoma City

[h2]Drexler To Present OlajuwonAt Hall[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 10:29 AM EST

hou_40.gif
Clyde Drexlerwill present Hakeem Olajuwon for induction into the Basketball Hall of Fame on Friday, according to Monitor.

Olajuwon asked Drexler to take part in the ceremony.

"For Hakeem to ask me to be with him on this special day is quite special," Drexler said.

"Hakeem has been like a brother to me since the first time I met him when he came over from Nigeria," Drexler added."He has always been a special friend, and he knows I'm supportive of everything he does and vice-versa."

Via Monitor

Houston Rockets

[h2]Magloire Promises To'Claw, Grab, Pull, Fight'[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 10:26 AM EST

mia_40.gif
Newly-signedHeat center Jamaal Magloire has promised to do all the dirty work for the team this season, according to South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

"I've always been one to claw, grab, pull, fight to get the job done," Magloire said after officially signing onTuesday.

He signed a one-year contract worth the veteran's minimum of $1.14 million, but only half that figure is guaranteed.

"This is an opportunity for me to re-energize my career," Magloire added.

"I love this game so much, and the fact that I didn't play last year just makes me more vicious and morehungry."

Via South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Miami Heat

[h2]Hornets'Facilities Appear OK In Wake Of Gustav[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 10:19 AM EST

noh_40.gif
The New OrleansHornets are looking forward to going home after receiving reports that their training center survived both Hurricane Gustav and a reported tornado on Tuesday,according to Associated Press.

"We're happy the reports are all favorable on the practice site and look forward to resuming operations," said GM JeffBower. "We're happy to be moving forward with our role in the whole area."

Hurricane Gustav's presence on the Louisiana coast reminded many of Hurricane Katrina, but thankfully, the damage wasn'tnearly as catastrophic.

"I think everybody had thoughts, and the thing that was helpful this time was the amount of time we all had to be prepared forwhatever would come," Bower said. "We're thankful damages to the area are less than they could have been, and we hope everyone can get back ontheir feet easier than last time."

Via ESPN

New Orleans Hornets

[h2]New Film CoversLeBron's High School Days[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 10:13 AM EST

cle_40.gif
LeBron Jameswill be at the Toronto International Film Festival this weekend for the debut of "More Than A Game," a documentary chronicling his rise to stardom,according to Associated Press.

The film also features how James and four childhood friends overcame long odds to win a national championship in highschool.

"We set out with a goal as kids and we wanted to accomplish that someway, somehow by using basketball as a tool, not knowing thatit was going to create other opportunities for us," James said. "We didn't know it was going to create a brotherhood and trust. We grew from kidsinto young men."

Via ESPN

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Casey, Stotts AndElie Join Mavs' Coaching Staff[/h2]
Sep 02, 2008 6:24 PM EST

dal_40.gif
The DallasMavericks announced today that Dwane Casey, Terry Stotts, Mario Elie, and Tom Sterner will complete Head Coach Rick Carlisle's coaching staff.

Popeye Jones and Brad Davis remain with the franchise as a player development coaches; Robert Hackett returns as an assistant coach instrength and conditioning; Monte Mathis is back as the team's head video coordinator; and Gary Boren continues as the team's free throwcoach.

"This rounds out what I believe is a very strong staff," said Head Coach Rick Carlisle. "We have an excellent mixtureof playing experience, head coaching experience, on-court teachers, and technical knowledge. It has been a busy and productive summer for us connecting withour players individually and during the summer league environment. We now look forward to a productive remainder of the summer and the beginning of trainingcamp."

Via Press Release

Dallas Mavericks

[h2]Miami Leaving Spot Open ForMourning?[/h2]
Sep 02, 2008 4:21 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Heatformally signed Jamaal Magloire on Tuesday, but that doesn't mean that veteran center Alonzo Mourning won't return to the team, according to SouthFlorida Sun-Sentinel.

"We can't say, 'OK, we're slotting him in,' " Heat President Pat Riley said last week. "I mean, I'mgoing to absolutely respect Zo's desire to come back, but he will not be under contract at the start of the season."

Mourning turns 39 in February, at the midpoint of the 2008-09 season.

"I'm going to sit down and talk to Zo, and Zo's going to continue to rehab and get to the point and see what he cando," Riley added.

Via South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Miami Heat

[h2]Oden: Scrimmage Got MeExcited For Season[/h2]
Sep 02, 2008 4:17 PM EST

por_40.gif
Blazers centerGreg Oden wrote in a recent blog entry that he has had a great week of rehabilitation, according to Yardbarker.com.

"This week has been very good one for me. Last Monday was the first day that I could play 5 on 5. I felt really good out there.The first couple of games was really hard to get back in to the groove of things but after I settled down the game became a lot better for me," Odensaid.

"They still haven't just thrown me into playing every game, but I play every other game and every other day. The second daywas so much better for me my wind was doing okay and I slowed myself down," Oden added. "Getting out there just got me really excited for when theseason starts."

Via Yardbarker

Portland Trail Blazers

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h2]Thunder Nickname Presents Problem For Warriors?[/h2]

gsw_40.gif
The Oklahoma City franchise will most likely be called Thunder, which will have ramifications not only in Seattle but in Oakland.

The Warriors' mascot has been nicknamed Thunder for many seasons now, and Matt Steinmetz of the San Francisco Examiner brings up the question of having a mascot of another team with the same name as another NBA club.

Golden State Warriors, Oklahoma City

Looks like Steinmetz was thinking the same thing I mentioned a couple pages ago... talking about OKC taking our mascots name.

Cuts, abrasions lead some to question cause of Ellis' injury

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Questions about how Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis sustained a serious ankle injury are only getting louder.
3966.jpg

Ellis

Multiple league sources have told ESPN.com that Ellis had several cuts and abrasions on his leg -- atypical of an injury sustained on a basketball court -- in addition to the high ankle sprain and torn deltoid ligament he suffered on Aug. 21.

The Contra Costa Times had earlier reported that the severity of the injury has the Warriors skeptical about the explanation they received from Ellis, who told the club he got hurt working out in his native Mississippi.
Ellis has not spoken publicly since his injury was revealed Wednesday and his agent, Jeff Fried, declined comment when reached by ESPN.com.

Just over a month after receiving one of the biggest pay raises in NBA history, Ellis underwent ankle surgery to repair the torn ligament last Wednesday in Alabama and will likely be sidelined until December at the earliest.
Two experts in sports medicine consulted by ESPN.com, granted anonymity because they aren't privy to the specifics of Ellis' condition, said that a torn deltoid ligament is rarely seen in basketball. The deltoid ligament, the sources explained, is on the medial (big toe) side of the ankle while the structures typically involved in a high ankle sprain are on the opposite (lateral) side of the ankle. Involvement of the deltoid suggests a more serious rotational injury than those commonly associated with the NBA, the sources said.

In a conference call last week with local reporters, Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations Chris Mullin said that Ellis informed the club that he injured himself playing pickup ball, but Mullin acknowledged that the details were unclear.

The Warriors have declined further comment beyond refuting part of the Contra Costa Times' Saturday report, which said that the team's athletic trainer, Tom Abdenour, had been dispatched to Mississippi to further examine Ellis. Abdenour, according to the team, is in South Africa as part of the NBA's annual Basketball Without Borders camps.

If Ellis is found to have sustained his injuries by taking part in non-basketball activities prohibited in his contract, Golden State could theoretically attempt to void the new six-year, $66 million deal signed by the 22-year-old on July 24. But such a drastic step is considered highly unlikely as long as the injuries cause no lasting damage, given Ellis' standing as perhaps Golden State's most prized asset in the wake of Baron Davis' free-agent defection to the Los Angeles Clippers.

The more likely punishments -- assuming Ellis makes a full recovery from his injuries -- are a fine or, at worst, a suspension.
A similar scenario played out in the 2006-07 season when Los Angeles Lakers forward Vladimir Radmanovic admitted to suffering a separated shoulder while snowboarding in Utah during the All-Star break, some five days after initially telling the Lakers that he slipped on an icy street while carrying a coffee. Radmanovic was fined $500,000, nearly 10 percent of his 2007-08 salary of $5.6 million.

Ellis' new contract calls for him to earn a flat $11 million in each of the next six seasons. That's after Ellis made $770,610 last season to complete a modest three-year deal he received as a second-round pick in 2005.
The 6-foot-3 guard earned that huge bump by averaging 20.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.9 assists last season, after winning NBA Most Improved Player honors in the 2006-07 season when he averaged 16.5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 4.1 assists. Ellis seemed to understand his importance to the team's post-Davis future when he shared at a news conference in late July that Davis recently "told me it was time to hand over the torch."

It's been a difficult offseason for the Warriors, starting with Davis' verbal commitment to sign with his hometown Clippers on the very first day of free agency. The solace for Golden State is that Ellis has a history of making strong, fast recoveries from major injuries.

Despite a decorated high school career, Ellis slipped to No. 40 in the 2005 draft, largely because of a knee problem that scared teams off. But he has since proven more productive in the NBA than any of the 10 players drafted out of high school that year, which was the last time high school players were eligible to be selected. That group includes No. 6 overall pick Martell Webster (Portland), No. 10 Andrew Bynum (Los Angeles Lakers) and No. 18 Gerald Green (drafted by Boston, now with Dallas).

Ellis also suffered what initially appeared to be a serious knee injury during a summer-league practice in 2006, then endured a scary fall early in training camp last October that resulted in a neck sprain and required him to be immobilized and carted off the court. In both cases, though, Ellis missed minimal time. He appeared in 77 and 81 games, respectively, after the two injuries.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

I guess they have never heard of black top....
eyes.gif

It sounds cruel but from a GMs standpoint I wouldn't risk signing or trading for someone who just had a tumor removed although it was benign.

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Questions about how Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis sustained a serious ankle injury are only getting louder.
3966.jpg

Ellis

Multiple league sources have told ESPN.com that Ellis had several cuts and abrasions on his leg -- atypical of an injury sustained on a basketball court -- in addition to the high ankle sprain and torn deltoid ligament he suffered on Aug. 21.

The Contra Costa Times had earlier reported that the severity of the injury has the Warriors skeptical about the explanation they received from Ellis, who told the club he got hurt working out in his native Mississippi.
Ellis has not spoken publicly since his injury was revealed Wednesday and his agent, Jeff Fried, declined comment when reached by ESPN.com.

Just over a month after receiving one of the biggest pay raises in NBA history, Ellis underwent ankle surgery to repair the torn ligament last Wednesday in Alabama and will likely be sidelined until December at the earliest.
Two experts in sports medicine consulted by ESPN.com, granted anonymity because they aren't privy to the specifics of Ellis' condition, said that a torn deltoid ligament is rarely seen in basketball. The deltoid ligament, the sources explained, is on the medial (big toe) side of the ankle while the structures typically involved in a high ankle sprain are on the opposite (lateral) side of the ankle. Involvement of the deltoid suggests a more serious rotational injury than those commonly associated with the NBA, the sources said.

In a conference call last week with local reporters, Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations Chris Mullin said that Ellis informed the club that he injured himself playing pickup ball, but Mullin acknowledged that the details were unclear.

The Warriors have declined further comment beyond refuting part of the Contra Costa Times' Saturday report, which said that the team's athletic trainer, Tom Abdenour, had been dispatched to Mississippi to further examine Ellis. Abdenour, according to the team, is in South Africa as part of the NBA's annual Basketball Without Borders camps.

If Ellis is found to have sustained his injuries by taking part in non-basketball activities prohibited in his contract, Golden State could theoretically attempt to void the new six-year, $66 million deal signed by the 22-year-old on July 24. But such a drastic step is considered highly unlikely as long as the injuries cause no lasting damage, given Ellis' standing as perhaps Golden State's most prized asset in the wake of Baron Davis' free-agent defection to the Los Angeles Clippers.

The more likely punishments -- assuming Ellis makes a full recovery from his injuries -- are a fine or, at worst, a suspension.
A similar scenario played out in the 2006-07 season when Los Angeles Lakers forward Vladimir Radmanovic admitted to suffering a separated shoulder while snowboarding in Utah during the All-Star break, some five days after initially telling the Lakers that he slipped on an icy street while carrying a coffee. Radmanovic was fined $500,000, nearly 10 percent of his 2007-08 salary of $5.6 million.

Ellis' new contract calls for him to earn a flat $11 million in each of the next six seasons. That's after Ellis made $770,610 last season to complete a modest three-year deal he received as a second-round pick in 2005.
The 6-foot-3 guard earned that huge bump by averaging 20.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.9 assists last season, after winning NBA Most Improved Player honors in the 2006-07 season when he averaged 16.5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 4.1 assists. Ellis seemed to understand his importance to the team's post-Davis future when he shared at a news conference in late July that Davis recently "told me it was time to hand over the torch."

It's been a difficult offseason for the Warriors, starting with Davis' verbal commitment to sign with his hometown Clippers on the very first day of free agency. The solace for Golden State is that Ellis has a history of making strong, fast recoveries from major injuries.

Despite a decorated high school career, Ellis slipped to No. 40 in the 2005 draft, largely because of a knee problem that scared teams off. But he has since proven more productive in the NBA than any of the 10 players drafted out of high school that year, which was the last time high school players were eligible to be selected. That group includes No. 6 overall pick Martell Webster (Portland), No. 10 Andrew Bynum (Los Angeles Lakers) and No. 18 Gerald Green (drafted by Boston, now with Dallas).

Ellis also suffered what initially appeared to be a serious knee injury during a summer-league practice in 2006, then endured a scary fall early in training camp last October that resulted in a neck sprain and required him to be immobilized and carted off the court. In both cases, though, Ellis missed minimal time. He appeared in 77 and 81 games, respectively, after the two injuries.

eyes.gif

I really don't see how you can hurt your ankle, a torn deltoid and have cuts on your leg (though not specified where) from falling on ablacktop. I mean yeah your occasional knick or cut or something, but it sounded a lot more severe than just a scrape. That's just what I got out of itthough.

I really don't see how you can hurt your ankle, a torn deltoid and have cuts on your leg (though not specified where) from falling on a blacktop. I mean yeah your occasional knick or cut or something, but it sounded a lot more severe than just a scrape. That's just what I got out of it though.
I am just trying to explain the cuts....

Can't explain the torn deltoid though....
frown.gif

Doubt GS does anything anyway. I still wish we would have gotten out of vlad's contract...that could have been money for ron ron....(Yes still bitter aboutit...)

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
3966.jpg

Ellis

eyes.gif
I really don't see how you can hurt your ankle, a torn deltoid and have cuts on your leg (though not specified where) from falling on a blacktop. I mean yeah your occasional knick or cut or something, but it sounded a lot more severe than just a scrape. That's just what I got out of it though.

when i sprained/fractured(destroyed)/tore ligaments in my ankle, it looked like there were scrapes and cuts on my ankle and i coudlnt explain why.it was definitely a weird injury because i rolled my ankle on my toes. Think of a capitol letter L, the base of the L (my toes) were hyper extended into a l.My doctors and trainers said it was one of the strangest ankle injuries they had ever seen. So perhaps, that might have been how he hurt it?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

[h2]Thunder Nickname Presents Problem For Warriors?[/h2]

gsw_40.gif
The Oklahoma City franchise will most likely be called Thunder, which will have ramifications not only in Seattle but in Oakland.

The Warriors' mascot has been nicknamed Thunder for many seasons now, and Matt Steinmetz of the San Francisco Examiner brings up the question of having a mascot of another team with the same name as another NBA club.

Golden State Warriors, Oklahoma City

Looks like Steinmetz was thinking the same thing I mentioned a couple pages ago... talking about OKC taking our mascots name.

yehh...dumb that stern and the NBA passed this nickname for OKC knowing that thats the name of the warriors mascot
eyes.gif

The questions surrounding the ankle injury to Warriors guard Monta Ellis are hardly going away. Reports of other injuries in addition to the ankle have provided another plot twist and extended what has been a dramatic off-season for the Warriors. The Bay Area News Group reported late last week that the Warriors had questions about how Ellis injured his left ankle, which required surgery Aug. 27 - a procedure that will keep him out a minimum of three months Bay Area News Group
monta_ellis.jpg

Now, ESPN.com is reporting that, according to its sources, Ellis has scrapes and bruises in other places on his body in addition to the ankle injury - which suggests he wasn't working out as he said. Specifics about how Ellis injured his ankle - i.e., he landed on someone's foot - still have not been made public. Calls to Ellis and his agent, Jeff Fried, went unreturned. Bay Area News Group

Ellis signed a six-year, $66 million contract at the end of July. Per the collective bargaining agreement, certain actions are prohibited in his contract (such as riding motorcycles). Should Ellis be found to have committed any violations, the Warriors could fine him, suspend him or even void his contract. However, considering his value to the team, voiding his contract would be unlikely unless he can't play again or return close to his previous form. Bay Area News Group

Multiple league sources have told ESPN.com that Ellis had several cuts and abrasions on his leg -- atypical of an injury sustained on a basketball court -- in addition to the high ankle sprain and torn deltoid ligament he suffered on Aug. 21. ESPN.com

Two experts in sports medicine consulted by ESPN.com, granted anonymity because they aren't privy to the specifics of Ellis' condition, said that a torn deltoid ligament is rarely seen in basketball. The deltoid ligament, the sources explained, is on the medial (big toe) side of the ankle while the structures typically involved in a high ankle sprain are on the opposite (lateral) side of the ankle. Involvement of the deltoid suggests a more serious rotational injury than those commonly associated with the NBA, the sources said. ESPN.com

Ellis' new contract calls for him to earn a flat $11 million in each of the next six seasons. That's after Ellis made $770,610 last season to complete a modest three-year deal he received as a second-round pick in 2005. ESPN.com

A league source today informed InsideHoops.com editor Jeff Lenchiner that previously-reported trade talks between the Memphis Grizzlies and New York Knicks are still alive. The two teams are discussing a trade that would send power forward Zach Randolph to Memphis for guard Marko Jaric and forward/center Darko Milicic. Other players may be involved. Multiple newspaper reports on this exact trade talk already came out in August. The rumor isn't new. But today, a source confirmed to InsideHoops.com that the reports were correct, and the possibility of a deal still exists at this time. InsideHoops.com

The source told InsideHoops.com that Memphis hopes the deal will get done, and may be holding off on signing any additional free agents until the possible acquisition of Randolph is resolved. InsideHoops.com

The Cavaliers might be close to adding another piece to their roster. Looking for depth and experience on their front line, a league source said, the team is near a deal with veteran big man Lorenzen Wright. A contract could be completed in the next few days. Akron Beacon Journal

Agent Aaron Goodwin and Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry both said this week that the stalemate continues in contract talks with restricted free agent guard Delonte West. The sides are expected to meet sometime this week. Akron Beacon Journal

The Cavs are believed to be offering West about $4 million per season, similar to the deal Daniel Gibson signed earlier this summer. West is believed to be looking for something starting closer to $5.5 million. Akron Beacon Journal

West has the option of taking a one-year qualifying offer of $2.76 million by Sept. 30. Akron Beacon Journal

The Cavs are expected to sign rookie forward Darnell Jackson, taken with the 52nd pick in the second round by the Miami Heat and traded to the Cavs on draft night, by training camp. He will compete for a spot on the roster. Akron Beacon Journal

The team is waiting to hear from the league on a disability claim on guard Eric Snow. The veteran guard is retiring and will not play this season because of chronic problems with his left knee stemming from an injury last year. If the claim is accepted, the team could save more than $10 million when combining insurance coverage and luxury tax savings. Akron Beacon Journal

Former Kansas stars Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur were sent home Wednesday from the NBA's mandatory rookie transition program for violating unspecified league rules. Both the Miami Heat, who acquired Chalmers in a draft-night trade, and agent Sam Goldfeder confirmed to The Associated Press that the guard left the program. Neither would divulge the reasons why the former Kansas standout, who hit the overtime-forcing jumper in the Jayhawks' win over Memphis in the national championship game five months ago, was asked to depart early from the resort in southern Westchester County, a short drive north of Manhattan, where the event was taking place. Seattle Times

According to two people with direct knowledge of the situation, Chalmers and Arthur had women in their hotel rooms Tuesday night, a violation of the program's rules. Both people - a league official and a business associate of one of the players - spoke on condition of anonymity because the league considers this a private matter. NY Times

It is extremely rare for rookies to be kicked out of the orientation program. The last player to be sent home was Ron Artest in 1999. The N.B.A. confirmed that Chalmers and Arthur had been dismissed, but declined to offer a specific explanation, other than to say they violated the rules. NY Times

While ESPN.com reported that marijuana was found in a hotel room, Frank cited the program's prohibition on guests in the hotel rooms during the symposium as the reason for the expulsion. Frank said the league rule is against all guests, not specifically women, which was the case in this incident. The players arrived Tuesday night, with Wednesday the first day of the four-day program that addresses sexual, financial, behavioral and substance-abuse issues in adapting to the league. Because of the expulsion, Chalmers and Arthur will be required to attend the program next summer. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

There is no specific marijuana testing at the rookie program, although players who present cause are subject to additional testing. ESPN.com, citing a source, said Chalmers and Arthur were fined $20,000 each and could begin the season on the suspended list. However, league rules explicitly state a player cannot be suspended for a first marijuana violation. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Heat guard Dwyane Wade and others in the organization had spoken of Chalmers possibly opening the season as the starting point guard. The only other options on the current roster to open as starting point guard are journeyman Marcus Banks or undrafted rookie Jason Richards. Free agent Chris Quinn remains unsigned. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

James was on an outdoor court at Venice Beach to take on David Kalb in a shooting game, mostly of trick shots, although James' outside shooting touch was way off. At one point, he grinned and said, "That wind." Kalb won the matchup with James in an online contest, "LeBron's Trick Shot Challenge sponsored by Cub Cadet." AP/Seattle Times

Pacers officials are expected to intensify their efforts to move Jamaal Tinsley before training camp. Word is Tinsley's knee is healthy and he's continuing to workout in Atlanta. The Pacers are maintaining their stance of not wanting to buy out the remaining three years of Tinsley's contract, which is worth about $21.5 million. Indianapolis Star

Don't be surprised if Danny Granger doesn't get an extension before the end of October. I talked to Granger, a Pacers official and Granger's agent, Mark Bartelstein, recently and all three said there's been some communication between the two sides, but the talks haven't been serious enough to give the indication that a deal is close to getting done. Indianapolis Star

San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili had arthroscopic surgery to repair a ligament injury in his left ankle. The Spurs said Wednesday that the surgery in Los Angeles had gone well and Ginobili will be in a splint and on crutches for three weeks. Then, his rehabilitation schedule will be determined after his ankle is re-evaluated. AP/Seattle Times

On Tuesday, Ginobili told the Argentine newspaper, Ole!, that his relations with the Spurs had not been impaired by having been injured during the Olympic tournament, which Spurs coach Gregg Popovich advised him to skip. However, he also disclosed that negotiations for a contract extension that had begun before his most recent injury had been postponed. San Antonio Express-News

His agent, Herb Rudoy, confirmed the delay in negotiations for an extension. "Contract negotiations for an extension have been put off until after the surgery," Rudoy said. "The Spurs want to see how he recovers from the surgery." San Antonio Express-News

Ginobili is to make $9.9 million next season and $10.7 million in 2009-10, the final season on a six-year deal he signed in the summer of 2004. San Antonio Express-News

Donyell Marshall knows he won't be the 76ers' go-to guy this season. The 6-foot-9 power forward, who signed a veteran minimum contract Tuesday, understands the man above him on the depth chart - two-time all-star Elton Brand - will get the lion's share of the minutes. That's fine with Marshall. "I know there are going to be times I won't even touch the floor," said Marshall, 35, who has been in the league since 1994. Philadelphia Inquirer

Three weeks before the start of training camp, the Miami Heat has begun to thin its roster, today waiving forward Stephane Lasme. The move saves the Heat a significant guarantee to the native of Gabon, who instead received $100,000 for spending the offseason with the team. South Florida Sun-Sentinel
[h2]West And Cavs Still AtStandstill[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 2:33 PM EST

cle_40.gif
Danny Ferry andAaron Goodwin both said this week that the stalemate continues in contract talks with restricted free agent guard Delonte West. A meeting is expected for nextweek.

The Cavs are believed to be offering West about $4 million per season. West is believed to be looking for something starting closer to$5.5 million.

Via Akron Beacon-Journal

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Manu Extension TalksPostponed[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 2:36 PM EST

san_40.gif
Manu Ginobilihas disclosed that negotiations for a contract extension with the Spurs that had begun before his most recent injury had been postponed.

His agent, Herb Rudoy, confirmed the delay in negotiations for an extension.

"Contract negotiations for an extension have been put off until after the surgery," Rudoy said. "The Spurs want to seehow he recovers from the surgery."

Ginobili is to make $9.9 million next season and $10.7 million in 2009-10, the final season on a six-year deal he signed in the summerof 2004.

RealGM Note: Ginobili was ranked 39th in season FIC and therefore deserved to make $11.95 million during the 2007-08 season, givinghim a Reina Value of +32%. His per 40 FIC of 17.5 was second to just Kobe Bryant amongst shooting guards.

Via San Antonio Express-News

San Antonio Spurs

[h2]Disability ClaimOn Snow Could Save Cavs $10M[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 2:34 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cavaliersare hoping to save more than $10 million if the league grants their disability claim on guard Eric Snow. The veteran guard is retiring and will not play thisseason because of chronic problems with his left knee stemming from an injury last year.

Via Beacon-Journal

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Pacers Will IntensifyGoal To Deal Tinsley[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 2:31 PM EST

ind_40.gif
The Pacers areadamant about not buying out the remainder of Jamaal Tinsley's contract, which is about $21 million.

The team will intensify their efforts to trade Tinsley before training camp begins.

Via Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers

[h2]Cavs Close To Deal WithWright[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 2:29 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cavaliersare close to a deal with Lorenzen Wright, according to a source.

The Cavs pursued Wright last summer before he signed with the Hawks and later was traded to the Kings.

Via Akron Beacon-Journal

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Pacers Begin Talks WithGranger[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 7:53 AM EST

ind_40.gif
The Pacers havebegun negotiations with forward Danny Granger on a contract extension, but a deal doesn't appear to be close, according to Indianapolis Star.

Granger and the Pacers have until Oct. 31 to agree on a contract extension, but the parties could opt to wait until next summer whenhe becomes a restricted free agent.

"You always like to get something done, but at the same time, if we don't then Danny will just go into the season,"agent Mike Bartelstein said. "I think Danny's best basketball is ahead of him. He loves it in Indiana. We would love to get something done, but wehave to see if there's a deal that makes sense for both sides."

Via Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers

[h2]Milwaukee Adopts MadAnts[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 7:48 AM EST

mil_40.gif
The MilwaukeeBucks have joined the Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons as parent NBA clubs for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants for the 2008-09 season, according to MilwaukeeJournal-Sentinel.

The Bucks previously had an association with the Tulsa 66ers, but the 66ers were purchased by the owners of the Oklahoma CityThunder.

Via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Milwaukee Bucks, Indiana Pacers, Detroit Pistons

[h2]LeBron Still High On GoldMedal[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 7:42 AM EST

cle_40.gif
LeBron James isstill flying high stemming from his Olympic experience in Beijing last month, according to Associated Press.

"I still haven't [come down]. It's an unbelievable experience to go out there and represent your country the way we wereable to do it, showcasing our talent to the world, playing the game that we love to play," James said. "It was really fun that we were able to bringhome our game, that's the game of basketball.

"I guaranteed the gold medal would be back in the United States of America. You hate the fact that it's over. You'renever going to have that team again, as powerful as we were, we're never going to have that team again."

James also has special plans for his gold medal.

"It's being framed as we speak. I sent it away to be framed and cased up so I could set it in my office and not so manypeople can touch it now. It got enough fingerprints on it from the time I brought it home," he added.

Via ESPN

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Marshall EntersEagles Country As Steelers Fan[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 7:37 AM EST

phi_40.gif
Newly-signedforward Donyell Marshall has entered Eagles country as a Steelers fan, according to Philadelphia Daily News.

"I was trying not to mention that at all because I go through a lot of stuff [living in Cleveland] for the same reasons,"Marshall said after signing with the Sixers as an unrestricted free agent. "When I grew up is when the Steelers won the four Super Bowls and I liked LynnSwann, Terry Bradshaw and Franco Harris.

"The funny thing is, I tried so hard to root for the Eagles, [but] it seemed like every time they had a good team somethinghappened and they couldn't pull it through and break your heart . . . I'm a Philly fan for every sport except for football. I always try to say thatwith the Steelers [being in the AFC], I can still root for the Eagles."

Via Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]Bennett: Thunder Logo Is'Classic'[/h2]
Sep 04, 2008 7:29 AM EST

okc_40.gif
Team chairmanClay Bennett believes that the Thunder logo for the NBA's Oklahoma City franchise is 'classic', according to Oklahoman.

"We think the logo is classic in its style," said team chairman Clay Bennett. "We think it's powerful in itsdesign. We think it evokes energy. We think the word Thunder is displayed with simplicity and dignity. And the colors represent much about Oklahoma.

"Our primary color blue is the color of our state flag. This is very much an Oklahoma organization. The sunset is red and orange.Not too red. Not too orange. And the beautiful sun is reflected by yellow."

Via Oklahoman

Oklahoma City

[h2]Ginobili Has SuccessfulSurgery[/h2]
Sep 03, 2008 8:20 PM EST

san_40.gif
The San AntonioSpurs announced that earlier today Manu Ginobili underwent successful arthroscopic surgery to correct a posterior impingement of his left ankle.

The surgery was performed in Los Angeles by Dr. Richard Ferkel.

Ginobili will return to San Antonio on Thursday. He will be in a posterior splint - and on crutches - for three weeks. At the end ofthe three-week period he will be re-evaluated and begin his rehabilitation process.

Via Press Release

San Antonio Spurs

holy %!@$ the Knicks have had Z Bo rumors all #%@%*%% summer 1st the Bucks late last season than the Grizzlies at the draft than the Cavs than Clippers nowback to Memphis just #%@%*%% trade him already Donnie!!!

"We think the logo is classic in its style," said team chairman Clay Bennett. "We think it's powerful in its design. We think it evokes energy. We think the word Thunder is displayed with simplicity and dignity. And the colors represent much about Oklahoma.

No way is that logo "classic". You compare them to older classic logos, you can tell a difference. This logo looks like a futuristiclooking kind of logo. I can see it stamped on a OKC jersey that goes with the same look as many other teams have with their jersey's.

i would do that Zbo trade in a heartbeat...

let Chris Wallace handle his $++....slow down the Memphis offense...with a "PF" like Darko, Eddy would be decent again.

I love Darko and I think he could really excel in this system. Give me Darko for Z-bo and I'm more than happy. Hell I would be happy trading Z-bo for aherpes infested toilet seat.

It is extremely rare for rookies to be kicked out of the orientation program. The last player to be sent home was Ron Artest in 1999. The N.B.A. confirmed that Chalmers and Arthur had been dismissed, but declined to offer a specific explanation, other than to say they violated the rules. NY Times
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

can't say i'm surprised.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I love Darko and I think he could really excel in this system. Give me Darko for Z-bo and I'm more than happy. Hell I would be happy trading Z-bo for a herpes infested toilet seat.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that's Nasty!! LOL

I was noticing some photos of Darko from last year...that %*%+% got BROLIC compared to how he was when he came into the league

Back
Top Bottom