Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Woodside718

plz send zbo away asap. if the trade goes down griz fans will see the truth about zbo
laugh.gif
. this dude does not pass and isos 85% of the time.

I know the truth about Z-Bo and most Grizz fans do too, thats why they don't want to do it. But, in our situation how bad could it be especially if theKnicks take on some of his contract like whats being reported. Our two power forwards are Warrick and Arthur. We need rebounding a size up front and neither ofthose two can give us that. Randolph would balance us out a lot more being able to put in a big frontline compared to a small frontline. Sometimes we will beable to run with a lineup of either Warrick or Arthur in the game and sometime we can slow it down.

Next, the Grizzlies are giving up only Jaric and Darko. Jaric is one of the many perimeter guards we already have and would've probably been less likely toget more PT than any of them. Darko is what he is, but he needs to begin to lose weight to be affective at the four spot. If the Knicks have two overweightbigs starting in Darko and Curry, it won't be a good look. We're looking for Gasol and Hamdadi to give us the production at the five that Darko gave uswhich includes blocking shots, rebounding and defense. Randolph job would be to body up in the post, score, rebound and knock down the occassionally jumper. Wewill still have cap space next off-season to make moves and the trade would just makes us deeper and can trade Warrick and another one of our guards for somepositions that we may need whether its a backup SF or whatever.

It's really hard for me to believe that Z-Bo will continually ballhog in Memphis with a defensive minded assistant coach, a head coach that likes to runand score outside, two potential all-star perimeter players, an unselfish PG and defensive minded centers. It can happen, but I won't be sure unless I seehim in his first game.

Randolph did have talent in Portland with almost the same team they had last year with Aldridge, Roy, Outlaw, Webster and Jack. The thing was that he wasplaying with alot on his shoulder being the last of the bunch of players from Portland that were hurting the franchise. They had basically rebuild with theexception of Z-Bo leaving, so I think that was his reason of hurting the team more than helping them. He did average 23 and 10 that year, but it led the teamto a lottery pick when they got Oden.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I believe if the coaching staff can demand Z-Bo to become a better team player
It's impossible.

He can't/won't pass.

He didn't have no all-star talent in New York to pass it to like he could have in Memphis with Mayo and Rudy.
laugh.gif

And a PG that isn't a nut case in Conley. I really think Z-Bo would do well with the team honestly. I just hope that NYK will pick up some of his payments within' the next 3 years which will sweeten the deal even more.

i totally agree...z-bo would be a good fit in memphis. especially if conley can get him the ball. he'll easily avg 20-10...n

^Damn you really want him that bad huh
laugh.gif

You grizz fans writing essays in here how he would fit in nicely. Don't you remember Knicks fans doing this the day of the draft last year too?? Jeez
smh.gif

if we do this trade for Darko and Jaric for ZBO that will be stupid. Both of those guys are trash.

The Contra Costa Times has learned that Monta Ellis has admitted to the Warriors that he wasn't truthful about how he hurt his ankle, and the two sides are in talks about how to put the situation behind them. Contra Costa Times

According to a team source, the Warriors now know that Ellis' ankle injury _ which was repaired during surgery on Aug. 27 _ was not sustained "in a gym," and "it happened out doors and not while playing basketball." The source did not reveal what Ellis told Warriors management he was doing when he got hurt, only that he "was scared to tell the truth at first," but eventually did. Contra Costa Times

A member of the organization told me Chris Mullin knows the truth - no, he wasn't working out when he jacked up his ankle - and this thing is almost over. No word yet about what is going to happen now. One agent told me that the Warriors have to report this to the league or they could be liable. Contra Costa Times

Andrew Bynum said he plans to begin workouts with assistant coach Kurt Rambis on Monday, another step toward a return from a season-ending kneecap injury that required surgery May 21. He expects to be as sound as ever when training camp begins Sept. 30. Bynum's summer workouts with his personal trainer, Sean Zarzana, and former NBA standout Gerald Wilkins went well in Atlanta. He hired Zarzana in the summer of 2007 in the wake of tough criticism from teammate Kobe Bryant. LA Daily News

"Actually, I'm better," Bynum said when asked to compare his fitness to last summer. "My times on the track are better and I'm able to lift more weights. I'm stronger. I weigh about the same. I'm 285 (pounds) with less body fat, so the surgery definitely helped. (David) Altchek (who performed the surgery) is a great doctor. "Once he cleared me, I was ready to go." LA Daily News

"I can't wait, man," Bynum said. "I think I'm the only guy who wants the season to start, like, tomorrow, you know what I mean? But I just can't wait to play with the fellows. I haven't done it in (nine) months, so I'm excited." LA Daily News

Bynum is eligible for a contract extension that could pay him up to $80 million for five seasons, but he said he's not thinking about anything but a successful return to the court. He also said he's looking forward to teaming with Pau Gasol, who will move from center to power forward this season. The Lakers acquired Gasol from Memphis on Feb. 1 in order to replace Bynum. LA Daily News

His agent, David Lee, said Bynum has looked "great" in those workouts and is ready to show the Lakers. Lee said he renewed contract negotiations with General Manager Mitch Kupchak this week. Asked if Bynum were seeking a maximum deal of five years and $80 million, Lee answered, "Absolutely." Press-Enterprise

The Lakers might want to see Bynum play a full season before offering an extension. If he doesn't get the extension before the start of the regular season, Bynum will be a restricted free agent next summer. The Lakers could then give Bynum a qualifying offer that would allow them to match any offer he gets from another team. Press-Enterprise

If the Lakers fail to sign Bynum, heading into the final year of his contract, by the deadline, he would become a restricted free agent at season's end. The Lakers don't want that to happen, but they also don't want to lock themselves into a long-term deal only to find out Bynum remains damaged goods. He suffered a bone bruise and a dislocated kneecap in the January injury. Nobody knows the devastating effect a knee injury can have better than Kupchak, whose own career with the Lakers was cut short by a damaged knee. LA Times

There is no uncertainly in Bynum's mind about his ability to work with Gasol, a fellow 7-footer. "I think it's going to work great," Bynum said. "He'll be a [power forward]. I'll be a
. He's a good passer, as am I. He'll be able to throw me lobs. On the defensive end, I think we'll have a twin-tower effect. If somebody gets by him, he will already have changed their shot. Then, I'll be able to come catch them from the other side." LA Times

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant has announced that Monday he will specify the date he intends to undergo surgery to repair ligament damage in his right pinky finger. Bryant plans to reveal the news on his website kb24.com. Laker followers have been awaiting this announcement ever since Bryant decided to postpone having surgery until after the Beijing Olympics, where last month he helped lead Team USA to a gold medal. Orange County Register

Recovery time is expected to last at least six weeks, so if Bryant had immediate surgery, the soonest he likely would be back on the court would be the second week in October. The Lakers open training camp Sept. 27 at their El Segundo practice facility. Orange County Register

InsideHoops.com editor asks: Why is Kobe waiting so long to have the surgery? I don't get why there's an announcement for a date as if this is a party or something. Shouldn't he have had the surgery as quickly as possible, so that he's healthy sooner? Maybe there's a medical reason.

The general manager of Russian power CSKA Moscow denied holding any negotiations with Bulls restricted free agent Ben Gordon, according to Soviet Sport. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The Cavaliers signed center Lorenzen Wright on Friday to help offset the loss up front of forward Joe Smith. Cleveland has been looking for some frontcourt size since Smith was traded as part of the three-team deal with Memphis and Milwaukee that brought guard Mo Williams to Cleveland. AP/Seattle Times

Darko Milicic's agent, Marc Cornstein, wouldn't be the least bit opposed to a trade that would send his client to the Knicks and Zach Randolph to Memphis. "If a trade were to happen to New York, Darko would be very excited to play with Coach D'Antoni," Cornstein said in a phone interview Friday. "He's an outstanding coach and has a great understanding of the European player. I also have great appreciation to Memphis and the opportunity they've given him as well. So I look at it as a win-win either way." NY Newsday

The scenario, confirmed by two people familiar with the discussions, has hit an impasse with the Grizzlies' desire for the Knicks' to pay some of Randolph's deferred money. NY Newsday

Although Miller would not comment specifically about a proposed Kirilenko-for-Shawn Marion trade, his comments suggested that the Jazz killed the deal. In addition, Phoenix owner Robert Sarver was believed to have lobbied hard for the trade. More than anything, Miller said he has come to recognize the role that a language barrier played in the controversy, which Kirilenko gave public voice to when he expressed his frustration and desire to leave the Jazz in a series of Russian interviews. Salt Lake Tribune

It was never going to be Monta Ellis' team, not in a million years, and now that is abundantly clear, through his silence. A wiser man would have spoken up by now. A leader would have led. If the Warriors' worst fears are confirmed - that Ellis lied about his injury - then the issue isn't so much about punishment. It's about the fact that without Stephen Jackson, the Warriors would have no leadership at all. San Francisco Chronicle

Deep down, the Warriors had to know that Ellis bears no spiritual resemblance to Baron Davis. He looks and acts young, asking not to craft the culture of a team, only to blossom into a 30-point scorer with his blinding speed and dazzling creativity. That was all so easy with Davis around. Jackson fed off Davis, as well, the two of them making the Warriors a dangerous proposition for any opponent, any night. San Francisco Chronicle

[h2]Monta Admits He Lied[/h2]
Ellis_Monta_gsw_080404.jpg

Sep 06, 2008 3:47 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
Warriors guardMonta Ellis has admitted that he lied about how he injured his left ankle, according to Contra Costa Times.

Golden State now knows that Ellis' ankle injury, which was repaired during surgery on Aug. 27, was not sustained "in agym," and "it happened out doors and not while playing basketball."

The source did not reveal what Ellis told management he was doing when he got hurt, only that he "was scared to tell the truth atfirst."

Via Contra Costa Times

Golden State Warriors

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback BuyTickets

[h2]Darko Would Welcome Trade ToKnicks[/h2]
Sep 06, 2008 10:01 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Forward DarkoMilicic wouldn't be opposed to a trade from Memphis to New York, especially with Mike D'Antoni's background with European players, according toNewsday.

"If a trade were to happen to New York, Darko would be very excited to play with Coach D'Antoni," agent Marc Cornsteintold Newsday on Friday. "He's an outstanding coach and has a great understanding of the European player. I also have great appreciation to Memphis andthe opportunity they've given him as well. So I look at it as a win-win either way."

A proposed deal would send Darko and Marco Jaric to the Knicks for Zach Randolph, but the talks have reportedly been halted as NewYork's Donnie Walsh considers the deal.

Via Newsday

New York Knicks,Memphis Grizzlies

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Kobe Will Specify His SurgeryDate[/h2]
Sep 06, 2008 10:16 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Lakers guardKobe Bryant will specify the date he intends to have surgery on his injured right pinky finger, according to Orange County Register.

He needs the surgery to repair ligament damage in the finger.

Los Angeles has been awaiting his decision ever since Bryant returned from Beijing, and recovery time following the procedure isexpected to be roughly six weeks.

The Lakers will kick off the 2008-09 season on Oct. 28 against the Blazers.

Via Orange County Register

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]Cleveland Signs LorenzenWright[/h2]
Sep 05, 2008 2:28 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The ClevelandCavaliers have signed veteran center Lorenzen Wright to a contract, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today. Per team and league policy, terms ofthe deal were not disclosed.

Wright, 32, played 13 games last season with the Atlanta Hawks and five games with the Sacramento Kings. The 6-foot-11, 255 poundcenter was drafted by the L.A. Clippers with the seventh overall pick in the 1996 NBA Draft and has played in 761 career games (445 starts) with averages of8.1 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.

"Lorenzen brings us valuable size and experience and adds depth to our front court," Ferry said. "We think he's agood fit for us and look forward to him joining our team."

Via Press Release

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Arthur Expected To Keep NIKEDeal[/h2]
Sep 06, 2008 10:10 AM EST

mem_40.gif
Grizzles rookieforward Darrell Arthur apologized for his transgressions at the NBA's Rookie Transition Program and will likely keep his pending deal with NIKE, accordingto Memphis Edge.

NIKE made a verbal commitment to Arthur last week, and informed Arthur that they will indeed honor the deal and sign him to acontract.

Via Memphis Edge

Memphis Grizzlies

[h2]Despite Contract,Hawks' Smith Motivated[/h2]
Sep 06, 2008 10:04 AM EST

atl_40.gif
Josh Smithreceived a five-year, $58 million deal from the Hawks this summer, but still appears motivated as he has been taking part in unofficial workouts at PhilipsArena, according to Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"I came in [a couple weeks back] just after I signed my contract and got one game in. This week I'm here for good. We'vegot to start early like we started last year. We have to keep it up. We came in early last summer about this time and we ended up making the playoffs,"Smith said. "We've got to do it again this year. And we've got new faces as well so we have to give ourselves some time to gel. So I wanted to behere to make sure that happens."

Via Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Lakers' BynumReady For Camp, Knee '100 Percent'[/h2]
Sep 06, 2008 5:18 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Lakers'center Andrew Bynum says he is 100% healthy and is ready for the start of training camp, the Associated Press is reporting.

"I'm doing well, man," Bynum said. "The knee's good. Everything's ready to go, 100 percent. I've beentraining, getting stronger."

"Actually, I'm better," Bynum said when asked to compared his fitness to last summer. "My times on the track arebetter, and I'm able to lift more weights. I'm stronger. I weigh about the same; I'm 285 [pounds] with less body fat."

Via ESPN

Los Angeles Lakers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Olajuwon, Ewing,Riley Headline HOF Enshrinement[/h2]
Sep 06, 2008 3:08 AM EST

nba_40.gif
Hakeem Olajuwonand Patrick Ewing are two of the seven inductees from the Class of 2008 that were enshrined into the Basketball Hall Of Fame on Friday evening, as reported byYahoo.com.

Joining the two centers are fellow NBA player Adrian Dantley, Heat Coach Pat Riley, Pistons' owner Bill Davidson, ESPN personality%!%* Vitale, and former Immaculata women's Coach Cathy Rush.

Via yahoo.com

General Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]CSKA MoscowDenies Report Of Talks With Gordon[/h2]
Sep 05, 2008 5:38 PM EST

chi_40.gif
According toSoviet Sport, the general manager of CSKA Moscow has denied holding negotiations with Ben Gordon.

Gordon and the Bulls have been unable to agree to terms on a new contract throughout the summer, and there has been little seriousinterest from other teams.

Via Daily Herald

Chicago Bulls

[h2]Randolph To MemphisAwaiting OK From Walsh?[/h2]
Sep 05, 2008 3:46 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
Talks of a dealbetween the Knicks and Grizzles that would send Zach Randolph to Memphis in exchange for Marko Jaric and Darko Milicic are more than just rumors, according toESPN.com.

New York President Donnie Walsh, who reportedly initiated the talks, will be the deciding factor.

Walsh appears to now be hesitant to deal Randolph, but the ball is in his court.

The deal would help the Knicks lower their salary cap number in the near future, perhaps to get into the running for LeBronJames.

Via ESPN

New York Knicks,Memphis Grizzlies

[h2]Still A Rookie, OdenAttends Orientation[/h2]
Sep 05, 2008 3:40 PM EST

por_40.gif
The Blazersdrafted Greg Oden more than fourteen months ago, but he's technically still a rookie since he didn't play a single game last season, according toAssociated Press.

He's eligible to win the Rookie of the Year award this year, and that's one of his goals.

"I hope so," Oden said. "I'm working for it."

Oden joined a number of first-year players in the league's rookie transition program this week.

Players are given three years to complete the program for a variety of reasons. Oden couldn't attend last year because it starteda few days after he had microfracture surgery on his right knee.

Via NWCN

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Suns To Use Solar Panels AtArena[/h2]
Sep 05, 2008 3:34 PM EST

phx_40.gif
The PhoenixSuns plan to use solar panels as part of its power source at the US Airways Center, according to Arizona Daily Sun.

The new photovoltaic system will consist of more than 1,100 panels and will be on the fifth floor of the stadium.

The system is expected to be operational next year and cost about $1.5 million.

Via Arizona Daily Sun

Phoenix Suns

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I'm sorry, Monta Ellis is not a player I would want to build my franchise around
I agree, his head just isn't on his shoulders properly.

That's one of the main reasons, but I can't remember the last time a team has won a title with a shoot-first pointguard who was their main/best player

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

monta must've been riding a motorcycle or he was trying to show cats in jackson how to ghostride the whip.....

when they mentioned he had a ton of cuts on his leg, all i thought was either a dirtbike or atv.

I'm sorry, Monta Ellis is not a player I would want to build my franchise around
That's one of the main reasons, but I can't remember the last time a team has won a title with a shoot-first pointguard who was their main/best player
I was going to say Isiah, but Isiah's both a pass-first and a shoot-first,
laugh.gif

[h2]Cleveland Signs Lorenzen Wright[/h2]
Sep 05, 2008 2:28 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed veteran center Lorenzen Wright to a contract, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today. Per team and league policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Wright, 32, played 13 games last season with the Atlanta Hawks and five games with the Sacramento Kings. The 6-foot-11, 255 pound center was drafted by the L.A. Clippers with the seventh overall pick in the 1996 NBA Draft and has played in 761 career games (445 starts) with averages of 8.1 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.

"Lorenzen brings us valuable size and experience and adds depth to our front court," Ferry said. "We think he's a good fit for us and look forward to him joining our team."

Via Press Release

Cleveland Cavaliers

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
... Id rather have kept Joe Smith...

I was going to say Isiah, but Isiah's both a pass-first and a shoot-first,
laugh.gif

That's the only person I could think of, but Isiah was a much better Defender than Monta and he's a MUCH better passer as well
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom