Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by KGdakid21

But the example makes no sense considering where the injury occurred.
Can we agree on something here?

Stipulations such as motorcycle riding and snowboarding were put into Monta's contract. Those stipulations were put in Monta's contract before Monta got hurt. The injury, which was caused by an action that was prohibited in Monta's contract, is after the fact. The location of where Monta sustained the injury is after the fact.

Are those true?

You agree?

Ok, good. That's why the article mentioned motorcycle riding and snowboarding.
I totally agree with you...but I'm talking about the article itself. I'm simply poking some fun at the writer of the story who wrote itafter the fact that it happened.

Therefore, the writer would know of ALL the stipulations in Monta's contract and he could choose the most appropriate ones for the situation which hasalready occurred.

That being said, the writer should know that even though snowboarding is a prohibited activity, Monta wasn't performing that activity in Mississippi in theSummer. He could have said motorcycle riding or jumping on a trampoline.

For example, if he hurt himself in Colorado in the Winter and the story read "if he injured himself in a prohibited activity such as snowboarding or scubadiving" the example would make no sense. Granted scuba diving is already outlawed in his contract, he wouldn't be doing it in the Winter in Coloradowould he?

if that z-bo trade goes down,

who will be more hated in ny?

danilo or darko
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Supafly122

so MemphisGriz looks like

Hamed Haddadi/
Marc Gasol/ Antoine Walker
Rudy Gay/ Hakim Warrick/ Darrell Arthur
O.J. Mayo
Mike Conley/ Kyle Lowry

Where would Zack fit in?

Naw, it would look m ore like this if the deal was done:

PG - Conley, Lowry
SG - Mayo, Crittenton, Buckner
SF - Gay, Walker
PF - Randolph, Warrick, Arthur
C - Gasol, Haddadi

That only leaves us with 12 players on the roster so more than likely a trade or signing would have to be done if the Z-Bo deal is made. We are in need of a backup SF because I really don't feel comfortable with Walker backing up Rudy. Warrick will have to go as well sooner or later because Arthur will need to develop. There was a deal going around with Portland offering Outlaw and Frye for Conley. Right now, that deal sounds good and we could add Warrick and maybe get a two guard out of it or pick.
Haddadi averaged 16.6 points, 11.2 rebounds, 2.6 blocks) in Olympiccompetition doubt he wouldn't start in Memphis

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

wow. The Grizz will win like 20 games next year

Well we won 22 games the past two seasons with a worse roster than the one I listed, so I don't think that will happen.

Crittenton can't run the point. If he can't do it in summer league competition, I know he can't in the NBA. And PharelFor3, what makes the rosterso bad? We have two young promising PG's with both of them bringing different things to the table. At the two spot, Mayo (who has untapped potential),Crittenton (also promising), Buckner (veteran defender). At the three, Gay (probable all-star this year), I can keep going on and on. I don't see why thatroster looks so bad, it actually looks better on paper than the team would look on the court.

What's scary is we have probably the youngest team in the league, at least the youngest starting lineup along with 20 mil in cap space nextoff-season.

Not to be a pessimist, but Haddadi was on an Iranian national team that never won a game in Olympic play, and lost to the Dallas Mavericks Summer-League team,easily.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Not to be a pessimist, but Haddadi was on an Iranian national team that never won a game in Olympic play, and lost to the Dallas Mavericks Summer-League team, easily.
Of course YOU'D be one to hype up the Dallas Mavericks SL team
tired.gif

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

KGdakid21 wrote:
But the example makes no sense considering where the injury occurred.
Can we agree on something here?

Stipulations such as motorcycle riding and snowboarding were put into Monta's contract. Those stipulations were put in Monta's contract before Monta got hurt. The injury, which was caused by an action that was prohibited in Monta's contract, is after the fact. The location of where Monta sustained the injury is after the fact.

Are those true?

You agree?

Ok, good. That's why the article mentioned motorcycle riding and snowboarding.

- gotdamn! you really do have some special NTers
smh.gif
laugh.gif
. i mean, its anexample, not just any far out example, but an example of other actual incidents. i would say a safe example considering you know had they said MotorcycleRiding and Water Skiing, there's bound to be some fool sitting there with the "
eek.gif
AHAA! he must have been Water Skiing because that the example they used"
smh.gif

- i just cant believe you actually had to fully explain and write all that out
smh.gif

Zach Randolph is bracing himself for a second trade in as many years and a person close to the Knicks forward said he believes Memphis will be his destination. The Grizzlies and Knicks have had ongoing dialogue about Randolph over the summer and Walsh, who is still looking to add some shot-blocking to the roster, has interest in 7-foot center Darko Milicic. NY Newsday

Walsh would not confirm what Grizzlies beat writer Ronald Tillery reported on his blog last week, that the Grilzzlies want the Knicks to pick up the deferred portion of Randolph's contract. But where there's smoke, there's fire. And, as we reported today, Z-Bo is telling friends that he's expecting to be traded before training camp and the destination he believes it will be is Memphis. NY Newsday

Randolph's departure could be a major bonus for David Lee, who could move into the starting position at the four. Lee and Curry aren't going to dominate anyone on the defensive end, but Lee's rebounding ability makes up for Randolph's departure. He's not nearly the scorer that Z-Bo is so Lee is aware he has to prove he can make that mid-range, baseline and elbow jumper consistently to be effective. NY Newsday

The Darko Milicic contract works with the 2010 plan because it expires after next season. But Jaric has one more year -- $7,625,000 in 2010-11 -- which the Knicks could try to trade. But, if anything, the trade for Milicic and Jaric at least gives them almost a $10 million savings from the Randolph contract ($17.3 million) on the ledger in 2010-11. NY Newsday

Ran into Milicic's agent, Marc Cornstein at the U.S. Open. Yes, he's praying the trade is made because of Mike D'Antoni's understanding of getting to the European player. Milicic, who would come off the bench, is back in Serbia hoping the same. NY Post

Perhaps Donnie Walsh hasn't seen enough tape of enough Knick games last season and is just looking at Zach Randolph's statistics. Trading Randolph's contract for a still-blooming prospect in Darko Milicic is a no-brainer if it does indeed save $10 million off the salary cap in 2010. NY Post

The simple fact is that if Monta Ellis loses any of his quickness or any of his jumping ability, then he can't possibly be the same player. He needs them both to be at his best. Without quickness, Ellis becomes easier to guard on the perimeter, obviously. And if he loses some altitude, it means he won't be nearly the finisher. There's also the issue of going end-to-end with the dribble. Before the injury, Tony Parker, Chris Paul and Leandro Barbosa had nothing on Ellis in that specific department. San Francisco Examiner

The good news is that Ellis has a history of bouncing back from injury. He had knee surgery before the 2005 NBA draft -- when he slipped to the second round -- but he recovered nicely from that, right? He certainly gets knocked down more than any other Warrior, and always has an abundance of bumps, bruises and tweaks. But the fact of the matter is he missed only six games over the past two seasons. San Francisco Examiner

Greg Oden: "Next weeknd Im going to be holding my Topps Camp at the hoop facility in Beaverton. Its a 2 day camp on the 13th and--th from 9am-1pm. My boys Brandon Roy and Martell Webster are now coming so it will be a good time." YardBarker
[h2]Houston Attempting AnotherComeback?[/h2]
Houston_Allan_nyk_071012.jpg

Sep 07, 2008 7:01 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
Allan Houstonappears to be attempting yet another return to the NBA as a member of the Knicks, according to Newsday,

The former All-Star shooting guard, 37, has been working out and playing all summer and has reportedly spoken with New York GM DonnieWalsh about an invitation to training camp.

Houston retired on Oct. 17, 2005, after chronic knee troubles.

Via Newsday

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Utah's Brewer Expects BigThings[/h2]
Sep 07, 2008 6:59 PM EST

uta_40.gif
Jazz guardRonnie Brewer expects big things as he heads into his third NBA season this fall, according to Arkansas Democrat Gazette.

Training camp doesn't begin for the Jazz until Sept. 30, but Brewer has headed to Salt Lake City from his home in Arkansas to getsome additional work in.

"I feel like I've done well with the opportunities I've had, but I'm not satisfied," Brewer said earlier thisweek. "I always want to strive to get better."

Brewer averaged 12.0 points, 2.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.7 steals in 76 games last season.

"I can't be satisfied or relax because in the NBA, everybody's out there working to get better," headded.

Via Arkansas Democrat Gazette

Utah Jazz

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Source:Grizzlies Demanding 1st Round Pick From Knicks[/h2]
Sep 08, 2008 11:01 AM EST

mem_40.gif
A league sourcehas told RealGM contributor Tommy Dee that the Memphis Grizzlies are demanding a first round pick along with Zach Randolph in exchange for Darko Milicic andMarko Jaric.

Walsh in return is asking for a young player, assuming either Javaris Crittenton, Kyle Lowry or Hakim Warrick or the best expiringcontract (Antoine Walker) if he is to surrender a first round pick.

Via TheKnicksBlog.com

Memphis Grizzlies,New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Melo Admits That He'll MissCamby[/h2]
Sep 08, 2008 10:07 AM EST

den_40.gif
Nuggets forwardCarmelo Anthony has admitted that he'll miss teammate Marcus Camby, who was traded to the Clippers this summer, according to HoopsHype.

"It was tough. The hardest part about that was knowing that we gave up a two-time defensive player of the year and didn'treceive anything back. That was the toughest thing to deal with," Anthony said. "People get traded every day, that is the business but to know weonly got a future second round pick was tough. You can't cry over spoiled milk. It's done and over with and we have to move on."

Via HoopsHype

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Redd: Cavs Fans Will LikeWilliams[/h2]
Sep 08, 2008 9:59 AM EST

cle_40.gif
Bucks guardMichael Redd loves the game of former teammate Mo Williams, and says that fans in Cleveland are going to love the point guard, according to CantonRep.

"I've seen Mo develop and mature to the player he is now," Redd said. "And he's getting better. You hate to seehim leave, but it's like, 'Oh, well, it's part of the business.' "

The Bucks sent Williams to the Cavaliers in a six-player deal that also involved the Thunder.

"He can score. He can make his own shot, create his own shot, get assists and get the team involved. He's a good pickup forthem," Redd added.

Via Canton Rep

Cleveland Cavaliers,Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Carmelo Shows Off Medal AtNFL Game[/h2]
Sep 08, 2008 9:56 AM EST

den_40.gif
Nuggets forwardCarmelo Anthony, a native of Baltimore, showed off his gold medal before the Ravens-Bengals game on Sunday, according to Rocky Mountain News.

Anthony, who attended the game, wore a purple No. 15 Ravens jersey.

"I've come a long way," Anthony said. "It means a great deal. ... It's an honor for me, being fromBaltimore."

Via Rocky Mountain News

Denver Nuggets

[h2]HOF UTEP Coach Don HaskinsDies At 78[/h2]
Sep 07, 2008 8:27 PM EST

ncaa_40.gif
Don Haskins,who was largely credited with helping break color barriers in college sports in 1966 when he used five black starters to win a national basketball title forTexas Western, died Sunday at the age of 78.

Texas-El Paso spokesman Jeff Darby said the Hall of Fame coach died Sunday afternoon.

Via AP

NCAA Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Thunder Tickets In Demand InOKC[/h2]
Sep 07, 2008 6:53 PM EST

okc_40.gif
Thunder teamofficials claim that there is a very high demand for season tickets by Oklahoma City fans, according to Oklahoman.

The team has scheduled seat-selection appointments with fans, but a number of the dates might be canceled due to the highdemand.

"As we review the demand, we plan to institute a cap and expect to reach that limit before the week is finished," said teamspokesman Dan Mahoney. "We will be in communication with fans on the list and inform them of the progress."

Applicants unable to purchase season tickets will be placed on a waiting list for future season tickets.

Via Oklahoman

Oklahoma City

[h2]Gallinari Skipped RookieProgram[/h2]
Sep 07, 2008 6:39 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
Knicks'rookie Danilo Gallinari was excused from the NBA's Rookie Transition Program last week as he is currently back home in Italy, according toNewsday.

He has suffered from back soreness recently but is expected to be in the States and ready for training camp.

Via Newsday

New York Knicks

[h2]Kevin Kruger Gets TryoutWith Milwaukee[/h2]
Sep 07, 2008 6:36 PM EST

mil_40.gif
Former UNLVstar Kevin Kruger reported to the Milwaukee Bucks' camp this weekend as he attempts to stick on with an NBA team, according to Las Vegas Sun.

Kruger was the last player cut by the Magic last season.

The guard averaged 13.3 points and 7.1 assists last season for Utah in the NBDL.

Via Las Vegas Sun

Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Suns Look To BolsterDefense[/h2]
Sep 07, 2008 8:09 AM EST

phx_40.gif
The Suns havefive new players among the thirteen on their roster, and they hope to bolster their defense this season, according to Arizona Republic.

"Our defense will be better just because we're going to have different schemes," said new Coach Terry Porter."It's always a challenge when you get a new group together. You have to see how everyone responds and plays off each other. From an energy standpoint,we're going to be solid. Effort is going to be consistent. It really comes down to having more of a presence at the defensive end."

Lopez will bring a hard-working attitude off the bench, as will defensively-oriented guard Sean Singletary.

"I don't foresee scoring to be a problem going forward," Porter said. "Are we going to be scoring 115 a night?Probably not. I'd like to be a team that defends a lot better. That's going to be a focus of ours. And a team that scores in the 100s.

"I'm more of a traditional type of guy about guys playing the same positions and traditional sets. I'll be running prettybasic NBA sets but just have different wrinkles than they've had in years past."

Via Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

In the interview with Monta after he got his contract signed.. he was saying how grateful he was and how much this money means to him and his family and that he worked WAY TOO HARD to screw anything up... A month later.. He SCREWS IT UP.
Now... Barron is gone, (his mentor) and we leave it up to Jackson... I need to get rid of my season tickets FAST!
Bandwagoner?

smh.gif
smh.gif

those 2007 sudden "die-hard" warrior fans are coming off day by day and now we can go back to earth
laugh.gif
...j/k
wink.gif

roll.gif
if we get a 1st round pick out of this. I wouldn't mind giving upCritt or maybe Warrick along with Darko and Jaric if we can get an unprotected 1st with Randolph. If we gave them Lowry, then I would want another player justbecause Lowry can and will be starter material.

[h1]Bryant to undergo surgery to repair damaged pinkie[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images

Kobe Bryant, pictured in Team USA's Olympics semifinal against Argentina, might see his recovery time spill into the NBA season.
Lakers guard KobeBryant announced Monday he will undergo surgery to repair ligament damage in his right pinkie finger.
Bryant plans to reveal the news on his Web site, kb24.com, at some point and specify the date he intends to have the procedure.

Bryant postponed having surgery until after the Beijing Olympics, where last month he helped lead Team USA to the gold medal.

The surgery will be performed to repair a torn ligament and an avulsion fracture in Bryant's right pinkie. He suffered the injury Feb. 5 in a gameagainst the New Jersey Nets.

The 30-year-old Bryant averaged 28.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 1.84 steals while playing in all 82 games and was a runaway winner of his firstMVP award.

Recovery time is expected to be at least six weeks. The Lakers open training camp Sept. 27 and begin their regular season Oct. 28 at home againstPortland.

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

In the interview with Monta after he got his contract signed.. he was saying how grateful he was and how much this money means to him and his family and that he worked WAY TOO HARD to screw anything up... A month later.. He SCREWS IT UP.
Now... Barron is gone, (his mentor) and we leave it up to Jackson... I need to get rid of my season tickets FAST!
Bandwagoner?

smh.gif
smh.gif

those 2007 sudden "die-hard" warrior fans are coming off day by day and now we can go back to earth
laugh.gif
...j/k
wink.gif
The real ones still here
grin.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

^smart man, waiting it out so he can miss training camp
laugh.gif
exactly, he knows he's gettting a little older
laugh.gif

but just get the surgery already; what he wants a pre-surgery Hollywood bash and have tickets available for the surgery. Dude adding unnecessary drama

Back
Top Bottom