Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I'm sorry, Monta Ellis is not a player I would want to build my franchise around

YuP!

I hope the GSW FO cancels his 66m contract like ASAP!!! Once a liar always a liar.
smh.gif
sick.gif

No wonder Baron wanted to G T F O there
pimp.gif

I like Monta as a player and all and I think he's a great talent, but he's not smart at all. He's making stupid decisions.
smh.gif

And no to Tinsley!!!

In the interview with Monta after he got his contract signed.. he was saying how grateful he was and how much this money means to him and his family and thathe worked WAY TOO HARD to screw anything up... A month later.. He SCREWS IT UP.
Now... Barron is gone, (his mentor) and we leave it up to Jackson... I need to get rid of my season tickets FAST!

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

In the interview with Monta after he got his contract signed.. he was saying how grateful he was and how much this money means to him and his family and that he worked WAY TOO HARD to screw anything up... A month later.. He SCREWS IT UP.
Now... Barron is gone, (his mentor) and we leave it up to Jackson... I need to get rid of my season tickets FAST!
Bandwagoner?

smh.gif
smh.gif

Shareef Abdur-Rahim said his physical progress remains frustratingly "slow," and that he's "going to sit down and focus on that when I get back." Whether he can participate in training camp also will be decided when he returns, he said. Yet his uncertain future was forgotten while he learned about the past of his people in Africa. The 31-year-old who has been honored as an active and charitable member of the African American community visited Goree' Island in Senegal, which has become a historic symbol of the slave trade. Sacramento Bee

Abdur-Rahim's body, as he said when the comeback from December knee surgery began in earnest two months ago, will decide for him. The right knee, which was operated on for the second time in six months, will determine whether he takes part in October training camp. If not, retirement - and possibly a coaching career - could be on the horizon. But on an 11-day trip to Africa that concludes Monday, Abdur-Rahim said he was reminded how fortunate he is regardless of his future. While taking part in the same "Basketball Without Borders" program that brought Kevin Martin and Ron Artest there last summer, Abdur-Rahim witnessed poverty and struggles that provided rich perspective. Sacramento Bee

The saga surrounding the left ankle of Warriors guard Monta Ellis has taken a step toward conclusion. Bay Area News Group has learned that Ellis has revealed to Warriors management how he hurt his ankle and the two sides are in talks about how to put the situation behind them. According to a team source, the Warriors now know that Ellis' ankle injury - which he had surgery to repair on Aug. 27 - was not sustained "in a gym" and "it happened outdoors and not while playing basketball." The source did not reveal what Ellis told Warriors management he was doing when he got hurt, only that he "was scared to tell the truth at first" but eventually did. Contra Costa Times

At first, Ellis told the team he was working out in Jackson, Miss., when he injured his ankle on Aug. 21, tearing a deltoid ligament and suffering a severe high ankle sprain. But he has been in regular communication with Chris Mullin, the Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations, with whom Ellis has a close relationship. A Warriors official said last week, "We are not going to comment until we have an opportunity to speak with all of the appropriate parties involved." Contra Costa Times

The team can fine and/or suspend Ellis if he injured his ankle by participating in a prohibited activity, such as motorcycle riding or snowboarding. Should he somehow not be able to play again, the Warriors could terminate the six-year, $66 million contract they signed Ellis to in July. Contra Costa Times

Zach Randolph is bracing himself for a second trade in as many years and a person close to the Knicks forward said he believes Memphis will be his destination. The Grizzlies and Knicks have had ongoing dialogue about Randolph over the summer and Walsh, who is still looking to add some shot-blocking to the roster, has interest in 7-foot center Darko Milicic. NY Newsday

Donnie Walsh's summer-long quest to trade Zach Randolph's cap-killing contract is back on full tilt with serious talks with Memphis in a proposal that would save the Knicks $10 million in the critical LeBron James' free-agent summer of 2010. Nothing is imminent, sources said, but Walsh and the Grizzlies discussed a deal that would send Randolph to Memphis for Serbian center Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric, Europeans who have not lived up to their billings. NY Post

But because Milicic's contract expires after the 2009-10 season and Jaric makes just $7.6 million in 2010, this has to intrigue Walsh, who repeatedly has said he wants to be far enough under the 2010 salary cap to sign a player such as King James. NY Post

A source said the Knicks would use Milicic prominently in a three-man rotation that would have Curry and David Lee starting up front and Milicic as first big man off the bench. NY Post

A source close to the negotiations said that a trade is unlikely to take place before Monday. Walsh refused to comment on a report in Memphis Commercial Appeal that claims the Knicks would be required to pick up part of the deferred payments Randolph is owed over the final three years of his contract that will pay him $48 million. NY Daily News

Walsh has been actively trying to trade Randolph and nearly had a deal with the Clippers in July. It is still unclear why Walsh passed on a trade that simply would have involved moving Randolph and his contract to Los Angeles without having to receive a player in return. Once Walsh passed, the Nuggets stepped in and traded Marcus Camby to the Clippers. NY Daily News

There is still the possibility that Stephon Marbury will be released at some point. Walsh declined to comment on Marbury's status and would only say that the veteran point guard is "in the best shape of his life" which is not unlike the off-season reports Isiah Thomas always gave on Marbury. NY Daily News

Allan Houston's plans at a second comeback attempt might happen again with the Knicks. The 37-year-old former All-Star shooting guard has been working out and playing all summer and, according to multiple sources, Houston has spoken recently with Donnie Walsh about an invite to training camp later this month in Saratoga Springs. NY Newsday

So, will the son also rise in New York? Patrick Ewing hopes so, though he stresses there are many differences between himself, a newly-minted Hall of Fame center, and his 24-year-old son, Patrick, Jr., who was a second-round pick in June and already since traded twice. "Hopefully he'll have a great career there," the elder Ewing said. "Hopefully as long as mine and hopefully he'll be successful." They're different - Ewing, Jr. is a 6-8 forward with terrific athletic talents - and yet the proud papa spoke with a gleam in his eye about one noteworthy commonality he shares with his son as an NBA rookie. NY Newsday

Ewing, Jr. played more of a sixth-man, defensive-minded role at Georgetown. He has spent a lot of time working on his jump shot, which will be critical to his survival as an NBA player. But Donnie Walsh is impressed enough with his athletic attributes (he has a 42-inch vertical leap and a 7-foot wingspan) and the pedigree of his hardworking father. And the Knicks are interested in seeing if Ewing, Jr. is quick enough to defend on the perimeter, especially against some of the bigger shooting guards in the league. NY Newsday

If he makes the team he'll most likely wear his father's No. 33, which he did at Georgetown. And while the expectations are far more reduced than they were for his father, there is little doubt Ewing, Jr. will bring the high character element the Knicks are looking to bring back to the locker room. NY Newsday

It is still unclear why Walsh passed on a trade that simply would have involved moving Randolph and his contract to Los Angeles without having to receive a player in return.

That's what I'm wondering. I mean, Darko is intriguing. He still has the potential and if it's tapped, it will look like a great move. Buthonestly, he's been a career underachiever (and I'm a Darko fan). It might have been better to trade Zach to the Clips and have no additional bodies asopposed to bringing in Darko AND Jaric (yet another underachiever).

And I don't see why Memphis wants to do this deal. You have to wonder why they are so quick to trade Darko (who they just got last year) for a knownball-hog/locker-room cancer.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

It is still unclear why Walsh passed on a trade that simply would have involved moving Randolph and his contract to Los Angeles without having to receive a player in return.

That's what I'm wondering. I mean, Darko is intriguing. He still has the potential and if it's tapped, it will look like a great move. But honestly, he's been a career underachiever (and I'm a Darko fan). It might have been better to trade Zach to the Clips and have no additional bodies as opposed to bringing in Darko AND Jaric (yet another underachiever).

And I don't see why Memphis wants to do this deal. You have to wonder why they are so quick to trade Darko (who they just got last year) for a known ball-hog/locker-room cancer.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

The reason why we are looking to get rid of Darko because we are in need of a starting PF. Darko is too overweight to play the position because hegained weight during the summer we signed him to a contract because he was playing center. Now that we got Gasol and Hamdadi, we can afford to give up Darko toget a rebounding/scoring PF because the two we have (Warrick and Arthur) are tweeners. Arthur wouldn't be ready to start just yet. Out of all the placesfor Darko to have success, it won't be New York.
laugh.gif
He will still giveyou around 8ppg, 6rpg and 1.5bpg though.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

if zeke were to trade z-bo for darko NYers would criticize the trade....as much as NYers hate z-bo he's way better than darko.
Not if Ishaih openly said he wanted to clear capsapce
wink.gif

so MemphisGriz looks like

Hamed Haddadi/
Marc Gasol/ Antoine Walker
Rudy Gay/ Hakim Warrick/ Darrell Arthur
O.J. Mayo
Mike Conley/ Kyle Lowry

Where would Zack fit in?

LMAO!!! Yall dudes was acting like Monta got caught with 10 bricks in his trunk. He got injured he'll be alright, he didn't know whar his consequenceswhere, now he knows. He just mad a mistake, he is still human.

The team can fine and/or suspend Ellis if he injured his ankle by participating in a prohibited activity, such as motorcycle riding or snowboarding. Should he somehow not be able to play again, the Warriors could terminate the six-year, $66 million contract they signed Ellis to in July. Contra Costa Times
grin.gif
laugh.gif
In the middle of Mississippi?

Originally Posted by Agthekid

LMAO!!! Yall dudes was acting like Monta got caught with 10 bricks in his trunk. He got injured he'll be alright, he didn't know whar his consequences where, now he knows. He just mad a mistake, he is still human.
Yes he made a mistake, but it's more than that. He made a stupid mistake.A stupid mistake means that it was avoidable. A stupid mistake means that whatever he did had serious repercussions had something gone wrong. Something did gowrong and now Monta's in the situation he's in right now. Monta had a clause in his contract that forbid did so he should have known better but he didwhatever he did anyway. It's stupidity on his part. Sure he's still human and people make mistakes but Monta hasn't shown us Warrior fans that hecan make smart decisions at all
smh.gif

Injuries to someone who's asset is his speed, explosiveness, and athleticism are serious. You can say he'll be "alright" but we won't besure until he comes back. He may lose a little bit of what made him so effective -- his speed, explosiveness, and athleticism -- and that may hinder hisproduction
smh.gif
Originally Posted by KGdakid21

grin.gif
laugh.gif
In the middle of Mississippi?

It's just an example, hence the "such as" in that sentence
eyes.gif

He hurt himself in Mississippi...so why put that in there...if he does decide to go to Colorado and hurts himself again and lies about it, then throw thattidbit in there.

But the example makes no sense considering where the injury occurred.

Originally Posted by KGdakid21

But the example makes no sense considering where the injury occurred.
Can we agree on something here?

Stipulations such as motorcycle riding and snowboarding were put into Monta's contract. Those stipulations were put in Monta's contract before Montagot hurt. The injury, which was caused by an action that was prohibited in Monta's contract, is after the fact. The location of where Monta sustained theinjury is after the fact.

Are those true?

You agree?

Ok, good. That's why the article mentioned motorcycle riding and snowboarding.

Originally Posted by Supafly122

so MemphisGriz looks like

Hamed Haddadi/
Marc Gasol/ Antoine Walker
Rudy Gay/ Hakim Warrick/ Darrell Arthur
O.J. Mayo
Mike Conley/ Kyle Lowry

Where would Zack fit in?

Naw, it would look m ore like this if the deal was done:

PG - Conley, Lowry
SG - Mayo, Crittenton, Buckner
SF - Gay, Walker
PF - Randolph, Warrick, Arthur
C - Gasol, Haddadi

That only leaves us with 12 players on the roster so more than likely a trade or signing would have to be done if the Z-Bo deal is made. We are in need of abackup SF because I really don't feel comfortable with Walker backing up Rudy. Warrick will have to go as well sooner or later because Arthur will need todevelop. There was a deal going around with Portland offering Outlaw and Frye for Conley. Right now, that deal sounds good and we could add Warrick and maybeget a two guard out of it or pick.

Back
Top Bottom