Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

whats with the hate on the knicks...who knows they may land a nice like the lakers did with gasol. what if they draft a nice rookie next year in the draft? ifgallarino (sp) develops well?
edit: to the post above me, what if he doesn't even like the cavs? you can offer him a 100mill a year and if he doesnt like that team, theres nothin youcan do about that.

How many Cavs execs just called Braylon's agent and told him to shut the f up?
laugh.gif

to the post above me, what if he doesn't even like the cavs? you can offer him a 100mill a year and if he doesnt like that team, theres nothin you can do about that.
what if he doesnt like NY? Same situation applies here.

Didnt you guys trade away your 2010 first round draft pick to Utah too. Better hope to god your team gets Jesus next year in the draft. And I wouldnt getyour hopes up for a Gasol type player because the difference between the Lakers is: The lakers arent one of the worst teams in the league and the Lakers hadwhat you would call an expiring contract. Right now you guys have Stephon Marbury for a 20 million dollar expiring contract so that means if you trade him fora Gasol type player, you dont have enough cap room for Lebron in 2010 and your plan fails.

Originally Posted by CP1708

How many Cavs execs just called Braylon's agent and told him to shut the f up?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i kno right...edwards i think wants Lebron gone so he can be thebiggest star in ohio
laugh.gif
but i see Lebron going to the nets than theknicks cos of ties with jigga and with the shaq retiring i wonder if he wants to go back to the Lakers to retire (jerry rice status)

[h2]Magic Forward Pat Garrity Announces Retirement[/h2]
Sep 11, 2008 12:38 PM EST

orl_40.gif
Magic forward Pat Garrity has decided to call it a career after ten seasons in the NBA nine of which were with Orlando.

"After 10 wonderful years of playing in the NBA, I have decided to retire," said Garrity. "I am so grateful for being able to play for as long as I have and to have established long lasting roots in Orlando. I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to the Orlando Magic and the great fans of Central Florida and for all of their years of support. Playing with and against the greatest basketball players in the world has been an experience which has given me some of the fondest memories of my life."

Garrity added: "As a professional athlete, I have always been aware that the time would come for me to begin another chapter in my life. That time has come and I look forward to the exciting challenges that lie ahead."

Garrity played in 552 regular season games and averaged 7.3 ppg and 2.6 rpg over his ten-year career as a sharpshooter in the NBA.

Via Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Magic

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

*%%.
mad.gif
Pat Garrity was
pimp.gif

Sad thing is with the Knicks, Zachery Boseph puts up relatively good #'s, and he'll probably be remembered for good stats, kids will look back on himsaying wow he was pretty good!!

The face of the NYK in 07-08 was...

zach_randolph.jpg

That's not a good thing.

Everybody needs to stop D-Riding Lebron. He's not the only free-agent in 2010. Sure he's the best free-agent of that summer but he would be the bestfree-agent of ANY summer since he's arguably the best player in the league (unless you feel Kobe is.) So basically, if the Knicks don't land Lebronthey can still land another star player either in 2010 or 2011. I know nobody that is a Knicks fan would like to wait til 2011 for a star to save this team butit's better than settling for some avg. players because the Knicks couldn't land Lebron.

Like somebody previously stated, Lebron said he wants to be a billionaire by the time he retires. Even if the Cavs outbid the Knicks for his contract, he couldstill sign with the Knicks for business purposes. There are tons of athletes that get paid more off endorsements than by contracts. There have been manyreliable sources that have stated that if Lebron signs with Chicago, Los Angeles, or New York his Nike contract DOUBLES. That's not chump change.That's serious money. Yeah The Knicks suck but they have some of the most loyal fans of any team. The Knicks have had good ticket sales for the past 4years and the Knicks have had losing seasons all 4 of those years. If Lebron was to play for the Knicks, his jersey sales would be through the roof. LebronSneakers in Knicks colorways would sell way faster than the Cleveland colors they release. He would be getting endorsements left and right. Jamal Crawford wassigned to S.Carter (yes I know not a huge endorsement but it's better than nothing) and this dude is nowhere near an A-List athlete in the NBA. Businesswise, coming to a city like NYC would do wonders for LBJ's bank account.

lol why so much vc hate? dude puts up 20 6 5 like water who wouldnt love that
Some people feel the need to always complain. Those numbers will be even better this year though, since he's the main part of the offense.He'll probably avg around 25, 5, 5.

Darryl Watkins
pimp.gif
Good to see him get in the league.

Bynum's agent is buggin. 80 mil extension
roll.gif
Play like that this year and we'll see.

Originally Posted by RellBettaBlues

Darryl Watkins
pimp.gif
Good to see him get in the league.

Bynum's agent is buggin. 80 mil extension
roll.gif
Play like that this year and we'll see.
where does it say anything about darry watkins? im concerned cus thats my mans, grew up schooled up with the big fella good to see him movin up

nvm i found it

Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O'Neal reportedly told an Orlando, Fla. television station Wednesday that he will retire in two years, after his contract with the Suns ends. O'Neal, 36, was traded to the Suns last season in a deal with the Miami Heat. Forward Shawn Marion and guard Marcus Banks went to the Heat in the deal. He averaged 12.9 points and 10.6 rebounds per contest with the Suns in 28 regular season games. Arizona Republic

The important news to Suns fans is that O'Neal has been, according to a Suns insider, "fairly diligent" with his off-season conditioning, and as of late August was only 8-10 pounds heavier that what the team would like to see him at by the Oct. 30 season opener in San Antonio. East Valley Tribune

Sam Cassell is expected to sign with the Celtics for the 2008-09 season, general manager Danny Ainge said yesterday. Cassell joined the team last season as a reserve point guard. Cassell, 38, plans to play one more season, then become an assistant coach, according to the Baltimore Sun. "Sam made a comment that he would like to coach someday, and I already knew that," Ainge said. "But we are working on a deal to bring Sam back as a player. There is nothing done yet, but we could get it done soon. Boston Globe

Meanwhile, well-traveled veteran Mike Wilks signed as a free agent to be the Magic's third point guard, the Sentinel learned. The club is expected to announce the deal within days. The 5-foot-10-inch Wilks will add depth behind starter Jameer Nelson and Anthony Johnson. Wilks, 29, signed a one-year deal for $1.04 million. Orlando Sentinel

Chris Quinn, who in many ways was the last man standing for the Miami Heat at point guard last season, is returning for 2008-09. Quinn, who was a restricted free agent, agreed to a two-year, $2 million contract Thursday, with the second year at his option. Quinn appeared in 60 games for the Heat last season, starting 25. The only other point guards on the current roster are career backup Marcus Banks, who appeared in only 12 games for the Heat last season after being acquired at midseason from the Suns, and second-round draft choice Mario Chalmers. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Minnesota Timberwolves centre Jason Collins had surgery to repair a ruptured triceps tendon in his right elbow. The team said Thursday that Collins was injured in a freak golf accident when his cart skidded on some wet ground and tipped over. AP/Toronto Sun

Newly-signed free agent guard Brandon Heath faces big obstacles in his quest to make the Lakers' regular-season roster. No fewer than six backcourt players are competing for backup minutes behind incumbent starters Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher. That includes three players with guaranteed contracts - Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic and rookie Sun Yue. Orange County Register

Others vying for a spot include Coby Karl - who split his rookie year this past season with the Lakers and their D-League affiliate, the Los Angeles Defenders. Free agent signee Dwayne Mitchell, who was impressive on the summer-league team, and second-round draft pick Joe Crawford also are expected to be on the floor when the Lakers open training camp in 19 days. Orange County Register

Lakers guard Sun Yue said he doesn't want to be referred to as "China's Magic Johnson" but if he has to have a nickname, the "Monkey King" is fine. "I don't want to be called the next Magic Johnson," Sun told the China Daily of the nickname given him to by the Chinese press. "He was a great player, and he has everything you could ask for in a coach but I don't think I am going to pattern my game after him in my rookie year," he said of Magic Johnson, a part-owner of the Lakers. Orange County Register

Jay-Z: I had no intention to talk about the DeShawn Stevenson thing. I seen him beatin' the [expletive] out of LeBron, and he really couldn't do nothing. I really wanted to inspire [LeBron]. I sent him the ["Blow The Whistle (freestyle)"]. The song wasn't to be released. I sent him the song to get him amped up. I do [expletive] like that. I hit him on the BlackBerry all the way through the playoffs. There's a big trail of e-mails that we have where I'm almost like a coach on the sidelines for him 'cause...that's my little brother! I'm giving him advice, even outside of "Take the ball to the elbow and shoot." The psychology of what's going on: That's my role in his life." Washington Post

[h2]Love To Grace Cover OfNCAA Basketball '09[/h2]
Love_Kevin_ncaa_080329.jpg

Sep 12, 2008 9:54 AM EST

min_40.gif
Electronic Artshas named Kevin Love the cover athlete of NCAA Basketball '09, which will be released later this year, according to Frictionless Insight.

Love starred at UCLA before entering the NBA Draft this June as a freshman. He was selected by the Grizzles before being traded to theTimberwolves.

Via Frictionless Insight

Minnesota Timberwolves

[h2]Hornets' WrightKnows He Must Contribute[/h2]
Sep 12, 2008 9:50 AM EST

noh_40.gif
New Orleanscoach Byron Scott is looking for second-year forward Julian Wright to improve this season, according to Times-Picayune.

Wright averaged 3.7 points and 2.1 rebounds in 57 games last season.

"He understands what I want from him," Scott said. "He understands the type of pressure that I am putting on him.It's all up to him. I'm not going to give him minutes -- he'll have to earn them."

The Hornets brought in free agents Devin Brown and Sean Marks this summer, who could challenge Wright for minutes.

"This kind of reminds me of how my career has gone since high school -- the first year has always been promising before all theexpectations come," Wright said. "I'm going to try to deliver what's expected. I'm trying to build off last year."

Via Times-Picayune

New Orleans Hornets

[h2]Spurs' HillExcited To Learn In San Antonio[/h2]
Sep 12, 2008 10:04 AM EST

san_40.gif
Spurs rookieGeorge Hill is excited to learn from the veterans he'll share the court with in San Antonio, according to NBA.com.

"It is a great opportunity to play for the Spurs. You can't be in a better situation than I am in right now," Hill said."Also, it will be great learning from talented players. They have great vets in Tim Duncan, Jacque Vaughn, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Bruce Bowen. Iam ready to come in and take my little war wounds that they are going to give and learn from my whole team, because the bench is good too. I am just ready tolearn from everybody."

Hill also admitted that he has always looked up to Tony Parker.

"I looked up to him," Hill said of the point guard. "I always watched him play. I just love his game. I am ready to getbehind him and let him teach me the things he does to be successful."

Via NBA.com

San Antonio Spurs

[h2]Quinn Has Chance To Start InMiami?[/h2]
Sep 12, 2008 9:59 AM EST

mia_40.gif
The Heatre-signed point guard Chris Quinn on Thursday and he will reportedly have an opportunity to start for the team this season, according to AssociatedPress.

Miami has been looking to upgrade at point guard all offseason, but instead they lost Jason Williams to the Clippers and failed tobring in a free agent.

Quinn will battle rookie Mario Chalmers and veteran Marcus Banks for the right to start.

Via ESPN

Miami Heat

[h2]T-Wolves' Collins Has Elbow Surgery After Freak Golf Accident[/h2]
Sep 12, 2008 1:51 AM EST

min_40.gif
T-Wolves'center Jason Collins had surgery to repair a ruptured triceps tendon in his right elbow, according to an Associated Press report on Thursday.

The team said that Collins was injured in a freak golf accident when his cart skidded on some wet ground and tipped over.

Via AP

Minnesota Timberwolves

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback BuyTickets

[h2]Oklahoma City Re-SignsSwift[/h2]
Sep 11, 2008 6:51 PM EST

okc_40.gif
The OklahomaCity Thunder re-signed restricted free agent center Robert Swift it was announced today by the team's General Manager Sam Presti. Per team policy, terms ofthe deal were not disclosed.

"We are pleased to have Robert back with our organization," Presti said. "We look forward to his contributions thisseason."

Swift, the 12th overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, has career averages of 1.8 points and 2.3 rebounds in 71 games with theclub.

The 7-1, 270 lbs center averaged 18.8 points, 15.9 rebounds and 6.2 blocks per game as a senior at Bakersfield High School on his wayto being named a McDonald's All-American.

Via Press Release

Oklahoma City

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Miami Re-Signs ChrisQuinn[/h2]
Sep 11, 2008 4:51 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Miami Heatannounced today that they have re-signed guard Chris Quinn. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Quinn, who originally signed with the Heaton July 6, 2006 as a free agent, has appeared in 102 games (26 starts). During his two-year NBA career in Miami, he has averaged 5.9 points, 2.4 assists, 1.5rebounds and 17.1 minutes while shooting 40.9 percent from the field, 38.9 percent from three-point range and 81.5 percent from the foul line. In his 26 careerstarts, he has averaged 11.7 points, 4.9 assists, 3.1 rebounds, 1.42 steals and 32.8 minutes while amassing a 3.18 assist-to-turnover ratio and shooting 42.7percent from the field, 40.4 percent from three-point range and 85.3 percent from the foul line. Additionally, Quinn has scored in double-figures on 27occasions, including four 20-point performances.

Via Press Release

Miami Heat

[h2]Sean May Banking On SecondChance[/h2]
Sep 11, 2008 4:50 PM EST

cha_40.gif
Bobcats big manSean May is hoping to make the most of his second chance following a knee injury that forced him to miss a majority of his first three NBA seasons, accordingto Charlotte Observer.

"I know a lot of people have been frustrated. I've been frustrated. But my whole goal is to prove myself," May saidWednesday.

He has been playing pick-up basketball at the team's training facilities recently, and claims he has no pain in his rightknee.

"I have a lot to prove to this organization, to this team, to myself and to the fans," May added. "That's the onlything on my mind: That thankfully enough, I've been given another opportunity to play."

Via Charlotte Observer

Charlotte Bobcats

[h2]Ainge Confirms Extension ForRivers[/h2]
Sep 11, 2008 4:45 PM EST

bos_40.gif
CelticsDirector of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge has confirmed that the team has signed Head Coach Doc Rivers to a contract extension, according to BostonHerald.

The length and terms of the extension have not been revealed.

"We are pleased to extend Doc's contract," Ainge said in a prepared release. "Doc molded a championship team lastseason through his leadership, and we are confident that he is the man to lead this franchise on the court now and in the future."

Some reports speculate that Rivers will earn a base pay of $5.5 million per year through the 2010-2011 season with playoff incentivesthat could push the salary as high as $7 million.

Via Boston Herald

Boston Celtics

[h2]Kevin Martin Continues ToWork Hard[/h2]
Sep 11, 2008 4:41 PM EST

sac_40.gif
Kevin Martinhas worked out with David Thorpe, his personal coach, every offseason for the last seven years and he hopes to come away more ready than ever for the NBAseason, according to Sacramento Bee.

With Ron Artest in Houston, many believe that Martin will be the man in Sacramento this season.

He has added some meat to his slender frame this offseason and has worked on handling the ball and improving his defensivestance.

Via Sacramento Bee

Sacramento Kings

[h2]Magic Sign Third PointGuard[/h2]
Sep 11, 2008 12:47 PM EST

orl_40.gif
The OrlandoMagic have finally found their third point guard in journeymen Mike Wilks.

Wilks has been signed to a one-year deal with the team.

In 15 games for Denver, Seattle, and Washington last season, Wilks averaged 2.7 ppg and just under an assist per game in 12.5mpg.

This will be Wilks' seventh season in the NBA.

Via Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Magic, Oklahoma City

Back
Top Bottom