Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Free-agent guard Shaun Livingston, fighting back from a devastating knee injury, had private workouts with the Portland Trail Blazers and Minnesota Timberwolves in the past 48 hours and league sources expect him to sign with one of three teams next week. Livingston worked out in Portland on Friday, and two league sources believed the Blazers are the favorites to sign the ex-Los Angeles Clippers guard. Still, it is unclear whether Portland general manager Kevin Pritchard has been convinced enough to add yet another guaranteed contract to his roster. Yahoo

Minnesota executives Jim Stack, Fred Hoiberg and coach Randy Wittman traveled to Chicago on Thursday to watch Livingston at Tim Grover's Attack Athletics facility. The Wolves, sources said, were sold on the workout and want to sign him. The Miami Heat are still in strong contention for Livingston, a 6-foot-7 point guard. Yahoo

League executives who've watched him estimate his return to full strength at anywhere from 70 to 85 percent. He has shown some of his old explosion in workouts but has tired easily and clearly needs more time to build back the strength in that knee. Yahoo

In fact, Miami has been exploring a lot of possibilities, including, three sources told Yahoo! Sports, recent discussions with the Chicago Bulls on several trade scenarios that included Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for unsigned restricted free agent Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes and possibly Joakim Noah. Yet, those talks died within the past seven to 10 days and sources said there was no indication they would be restarted. Yahoo

Cavaliers: The club signed restricted free agent guard Delonte West to a two-year contract Friday, a deal that includes a third-year club option for 2011-12. Financial terms were not immediately known. West and his representatives had been seeking a deal worth $5 millon per season. West was acquired last season from Seattle as part of the three-team, 11-player megatrade before the Feb. 21 deadline. Filling a major void at point guard, the 6-foot-3 West averaged 10.3 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 26 starts for the Cavaliers. AP/Seattle Times

Raef LaFrentz, a seldom-used forward for the Trail Blazers, will likely miss the majority of this season the team learned Friday after it was determined he will need surgery on his right shoulder. This will be the 11th NBA season for LaFrentz, who has played sparingly in Portland since being traded from Boston on the night of the 2006 NBA Draft. In two seasons, LaFrentz has played in 63 games, including 39 last season when he averaged 1.7 points and 1.7 rebounds in just more than 7 minutes a game. Oregonian

The Lakers signed C.J. Giles, a 6-foot-11 free agent forward who finished his collegiate career at Oregon State after spending two years at Kansas. Giles averaged 6.3 points and 5.6 rebounds in 10 games last season for the Beavers. LA Daily News

Giles spent two seasons at Kansas before transferring to Oregon State, where he averaged 6.3 points and 5.6 rebounds last season. Of all the players the Lakers have signed this summer - Dwayne Mitchell, Josh Powell, Sun Yue, Joe Crawford, Heath and Giles, only Powell's and Sun's contracts are guaranteed. Orange County Register

[h2]MiamiAnd Chicago Discussed Deal Involving Gordon, Marion[/h2]
Gordon_Ben_chi_080306.jpg

Sep 13, 2008 10:28 AM EST

mia_40.gif
The Miami Heatand Chicago Bulls had recent trade discussions that included Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes and Joakim Noah, according to Yahoo!Sports.

Gordon is an unsigned restricted free agent, and Noah was only a possibilty in the deal.

The talks have died over the last week or so, and right now, they don't appear to have rekindled.

Via Yahoo!

Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Portland The FavoritesTo Land Livingston?[/h2]
Sep 13, 2008 10:22 AM EST

por_40.gif
Free agentpoint guard Shaun Livingston had private workouts with the Blazers and Timberwolves in the last 48 hours and he is expected to find a home by next week,according to Yahoo! Sports.

Livingston worked out in Portland on Friday, and two league sources believed the Blazers are the favorites to sign theguard.

The Heat are also reportedly still interested in signing Livingston.

"I don't think you'll get anything out of him this year," one NBA executive said. "He's going to need ayear to adjust."

Via Yahoo!

Portland Trail Blazers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Miami Heat

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Cavaliers Still Waiting OnSnow[/h2]
Sep 13, 2008 10:32 AM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cavaliersdon't expect Eric Snow's arthritic knees to heal well enough for him to play this season, according to Cleveland Plain Dealer.

However, executive Danny Ferry said recently that there was no update on the guard's official status.

Snow has one year left on his contract worth $7.3 million.

Via Cleveland Plain Dealer

Cleveland Cavaliers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Nuggets Close To Deal WithWeems[/h2]
Sep 13, 2008 10:16 AM EST

den_40.gif
Rookie SonnyWeems said Friday that he expects to sign his first NBA contract with the Nuggets very soon, according to Rocky Mountain News.

"It should be done this weekend. I'm flying to Texas today to meet with my agent," said Weems.

The second-round pick's deal for next season is expected to be for the rookie minimum of $442,114.

Via Rocky Mountain News

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Suns Invite ThreePlayers To Training Camp[/h2]
Sep 13, 2008 10:13 AM EST

phx_40.gif
The Suns haveinvited former Heat guard Robert Hite, former Jackson State star Trey Johnson and summer-league participant Jiri Hubalek to training camp, according to ArizonaRepublic.

With thirteen players under contract, the three camp invitees will have a tough time making the team.

Rookie Sean Singletary is the only roster member with a partially guaranteed deal, which becomes a full guarantee if he makes theopening-night roster.

Via Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Thunder Sells Out of SeasonTickets[/h2]
Sep 13, 2008 10:10 AM EST

okc_40.gif
The OklahomaCity Thunder has sold out its available season tickets in advance of the 2008-09 season and is starting a waiting list. In only five days, the Thunder soldapproximately 13,000 season tickets at all price levels, including $10 upper level seats.

"This is a testament to Oklahoma's commitment to our team. We are thrilled and extremely appreciative of our fans andcorporate supporters," said Thunder Chairman Clay Bennett. "This kind of support means so much to our players, coaches and staff. We are humbled andexcited."

With a 13,000 cap on season tickets, the team has canceled the remaining three days of its seat selection process. Team spokesman DanMahoney said, however, all fans who had randomly scheduled appointments scheduled but were unable to buy season tickets will automatically be put on a waitinglist to be offered eight-game partial season ticket packages. "Buying those mini-packages will give them priority on the waiting list for full seasontickets in future seasons if they become available," Mahoney said. Information on those mini plans will be sent to the waiting list beginning the week ofSeptember 22.

Despite selling out season tickets, the Thunder is holding back more than 4,000 tickets for single game sales, group sales and thepartial-season plans. "We did not want to sell out the Ford Center with season tickets. We want to be able to offer a wide variety of fans access toThunder basketball games, so we will have single game tickets and group sales opportunities available for every game," Mahoney said. Single game ticketsfor the first half of the season will go on sale in October.

Via Press Release

Oklahoma City

I would have loved to get rid of Hughes, but if we would have added Noah then we would have been without a true center. We also would have taken a lot ofscoring away from our backcourt. Pax must really like what he sees in Thabo

The Nets have reportedly filled the vacancy left by Mark Jackson in the broadcast booth with none other than Mike Fratello, according to Star-Ledger.
That means that Fratello will be reunited with Marv Albert on air often when calling Nets' games this coming season.

The formal announcement isn't expected to be made for quite some time.

Ian Eagle & Mark Jackson were the best together. With this addition to the broadcast team, I just hate that Ian gets less air time (Since Marvcame). He's the best Nets broadcaster.

He's a good replacement for Mark & will have a lot of knowledgable breakdowns on the game, but Ian should be doing almost all the games.

Originally Posted by tupac003

In fact, Miami has been exploring a lot of possibilities, including, three sources told Yahoo! Sports, recent discussions with the Chicago Bulls on several trade scenarios that included Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for unsigned restricted free agent Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes and possibly Joakim Noah. Yet, those talks died within the past seven to 10 days and sources said there was no indication they would be restarted. Yahoo

I'm kind of "Eh" about the trade....essentially it'd be Marion for Hughes, BG, and possibly Noah. I doubt the Bulls would keepBanks and I think if Noah is included it's way to much imo.

But Marion would be an upgrade on D over those 2

Miami has been exploring a lot of possibilities, including, three sources told Yahoo! Sports, recent discussions with the Chicago Bulls on several trade scenarios that included Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for unsigned restricted free agent Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes and possibly Joakim Noah. Yet, those talks died within the past seven to 10 days and sources said there was no indication they would be restarted
thank god, that would have been
sick.gif
sick.gif
getting hughes and noah, and im not all that high on bg either

After dismissing his agent and separating with his longtime AAU coach and advisor, Miami Heat rookie Michael Beasley is suddenly the subject of a feeding frenzy of powerbrokeragents trying to represent him, multiple NBA and NCAA sources said.

When reached by text message Saturday, agent Joel Bell didn't deny that Beasley, the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, had fired him, saying only, "Idon't have a comment at this time."

Several top agents - including Aaron Goodwin and Andy Miller - are trying to fill the vacuum left behind by Bell and Beasley's advisor, D.C. Assaultdirector Curtis Malone. Players Association rules forbid Beasley from hiring a new agent until 15 days from the day he files paperwork firing Bell.

Sources say that Malone sensed Beasley's unhappiness with Bell and had recent overtures with other agents about becoming the player's agent. Thisway, Malone could position himself to survive the purge of Bell and still stay close to the former Kansas State power forward.

Beasley wanted bigger and better endorsement deals than Bell delivered him, sources said. Those may have been unrealistic expectations given Beasley'spoor public image, but that was apparently part of Beasley's thinking in letting Bell go. For now, the bigger shock to those in the basketball community isthis: Malone is out, too.

"Michael had a falling out with both of them - Bell and Malone," said a source close to Malone. "He's out on his own now."

Malone didn't return a call and text message from Yahoo! Sports.

Goodwin has the advantage of representing a childhood friend of Beasley, the Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant. Several sources believe the relationship between the twoplayers' mothers will sway Beasley to Goodwin.

Several rival agents believe the dogged Miller - who represents KevinGarnett and Chauncey Billups - has become a factor in securing inthe recruitment of Beasley. Yet, in a text message to Yahoo! Sports on Saturday, Miller insisted that wasn't so.

"Mike is a terrific talent," Miller said. "Despite rampant and unsubstantiated rumors, I have not had any dialogue with him, his mother orany person associated with him."

Bell is an agent based in the Washington, D.C., area with close ties to Malone. Rival agents had largely given up trying to recruit Beasley as a freshman atKansas State because they believed the power forward was destined to be represented by Bell.

Yet, there had been industry whispers for several weeks that Beasley's partnership with Bell had grown wobbly. Another projected first-round pick, TexasA&M center DeAndre Jordan, left Bell after dropping to the secondround in the June draft. Jordan has signed with Bob Myers and Greg Lawrence of Arn Tellem's Wasserman Media Group.

Most likely, Beasley would've been the No. 1 pick in the draft if there weren't so many doubts about his maturity and character. Before the Junedraft, those questions made teams uneasy. Even the Heat considered drafting Beasley just to trade him for a package of players and picks. Whatever the case,once again, there is unrest in the life of Michael Beasley.

Portland no longer has Jack, Blake may not be able to handle the load with Roy out, and Bayless needs some seasoning.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Jay-Z Finally Talks About Stevenson Dis

Sep 12, 2008 4:21 PM EST

imageRapper Jay-Z has finally discussed his involvement in the feud between LeBron James and DeShawn Stevenson when the Cavaliers and Wizards battled in the playoffs this spring, according to Washington Post.

"I had no intention to talk about the DeShawn Stevenson thing," Jay-Z said in an interview with Vibe. "I seen him beatin' the [expletive] out of LeBron, and he really couldn't do nothing. I really wanted to inspire [LeBron]. I sent him the ["Blow The Whistle (freestyle)"]. The song wasn't to be released."

"I sent him the song to get him amped up. I do [expletive] like that. I hit him on the BlackBerry all the way through the playoffs. There's a big trail of e-mails that we have where I'm almost like a coach on the sidelines for him 'cause...that's my little brother! I'm giving him advice, even outside of 'Take the ball to the elbow and shoot.' The psychology of what's going on: That's my role in his life."
And people really believe Lebron is not on his way to Brooklyn

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

sick.gif
at that Miami/Chicago trade

Thank goodness that did not go through. I would think we should be able to do better than that, if/when we get rid of Marion.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Jay-Z Finally Talks About Stevenson Dis

Sep 12, 2008 4:21 PM EST

imageRapper Jay-Z has finally discussed his involvement in the feud between LeBron James and DeShawn Stevenson when the Cavaliers and Wizards battled in the playoffs this spring, according to Washington Post.

"I had no intention to talk about the DeShawn Stevenson thing," Jay-Z said in an interview with Vibe. "I seen him beatin' the [expletive] out of LeBron, and he really couldn't do nothing. I really wanted to inspire [LeBron]. I sent him the ["Blow The Whistle (freestyle)"]. The song wasn't to be released."

"I sent him the song to get him amped up. I do [expletive] like that. I hit him on the BlackBerry all the way through the playoffs. There's a big trail of e-mails that we have where I'm almost like a coach on the sidelines for him 'cause...that's my little brother! I'm giving him advice, even outside of 'Take the ball to the elbow and shoot.' The psychology of what's going on: That's my role in his life."
And people really believe Lebron is not on his way to Brooklyn

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

great........

The Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat have had on and off talks about different trade ideas involving multiple players. The key parts of these talks involve Ben Gordon and Shawn Marion. Marion last season in 63 games with the Suns and Heat averaged 15.4 points and 10.2 rebounds per game. Yahoo! Sports and other articles coming out of Miami have reported the possibility of a trade and there is a lot of truth to these rumors. On 7.31.08 Rumor Press reported that Miami was trying to work out a sign-and-trade for Gordon, and since that time the Heat have been working very hard to get a deal done. The Bulls and Heat have actually agreed on a few trade scenarios, however there is only one thing that is holding up a deal, Ben Gordon. The Heat do not want to pay Gordon what he is asking for and are hoping he will change his stance and accept what many would call a "fair" deal. Until Gordon agrees on a lesser deal the Bulls/Gordon stalemate will continue.

Comment: Note that deals were agreed but Ben is holding to his salary demands.

Back
Top Bottom