Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

[h2]Beasley Fined $50k[/h2]
Beasley_Michael_mia_080709.jpg

Sep 18, 2008 5:59 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Michael Beasleyof the Miami Heat has been fined $50,000 for his involvement in an incident at the league's Rookie Transition Program earlier this month and for hisinitial failure to cooperate with a league investigation of the matter, the NBA announced today. Beasley was involved in the same incident for whichMiami's Mario Chalmers and Memphis' Darrell Arthur were previously fined.

Via Press Release

Miami Heat

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Dumars Takes Stars OffMarket[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 8:44 AM EST

det_40.gif
Pistonspresident Joe Dumars has taken the team's stars off the trading block as he plans to keep the nucleus together, according to Associated Press.

"We talked to teams this summer, but nothing was presented to me that would make us better than we already are," Dumarssaid. "This can be one of the elite teams in the league that contends for a championship."

When coach Flip Saunders was fired shortly after the team's demise in the postseason, Dumars claimed that Rodney Stuckey was theonly untouchable player on the roster.

"Whatever I said at that press conference wasn't new to the players," Dumars said. "They know where I stood thenand where I stand now, unhappy about how last season ended."

Via ESPN

Detroit Pistons

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Squatch Going To OKC WithFranchise[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 11:41 AM EST

okc_40.gif
Marc Taylor,who performed as Squatch at Sonics games in Seattle, is relocating to Oklahoma City to serve as the Thunder's mascot.

The team's mascot hasn't been revealed. But Taylor will be the person inside the costume, it was announced Thursday in a pressrelease.

Via Oklahoman

Oklahoma City

[h2]Warriors In No Rush ToExtend Mullin[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 11:39 AM EST

gsw_40.gif
The Warriorswill most likely not extend the current contract of executive vice president of basketball operations Chris Mullin.

Mullin and Don Nelson are both in the final season of their current contracts.

Via Matt Steinmetz/Examiner

Golden State Warriors

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Odom Could Become 6thMan[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 11:37 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Lamar Odom hasdiscussed the possibility of accepting a sixth-man role with the Lakers' coaching staff, which would free him up to fill a variety of roles due to hisversatility.

Via OC Register

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]Villaneuva SaysThis Season Will Be Different[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 10:05 AM EST

mil_40.gif
With YiJianlian now in New Jersey, Bucks forward Charlie Villaneuva believes that 2008-2009 will be different for him, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel isreporting.

Villaneuva thought that it would be him, not Yi, who would be packing his bags after last season, especially considering the hypesurrounding the Chinese forward.

"It's funny how things work," Villanueva said Thursday. "When the season was over, I had my doubts. I didn'tthink I was going to be back."

"I hate to make excuses, but now I'm clear-minded. I already know what to expect. It (the situation last season) was veryhard. I was very frustrated at times, my minutes being inconsistent. But that's the past; it's over with. It was a learningexperience."

Via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Milwaukee Bucks, New Jersey Nets

[h2]Julius HodgeStill Trying To Land Spot With Nets[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 10:00 AM EST

njn_40.gif
Former Nuggetsfirst round pick Julius Hodge is still hopeful of landing back in the NBA, and he is hoping with New Jersey, but with 16 players already under contract theNets may be a longshot, the New York Daily News is reporting.

After being shot multiple times in a drive by during his rookie season, Hodge is now physically and mentally stronger, and followingdominant performances in Europe, Australia and the NBA Developmental League, Hodge believes that the time is right for him to get back into theleague.

"Right now, I haven't felt better at any point in my life in terms of getting ready for a basketball season," saidHodge, who is up to his desired playing weight of 220 pounds. "I am more than 100% ready."

"I'm very comfortable with running the team, giving the guys the ball and being a versatile defender," Hodge said."The Nets need a third point guard and I definitely think I can fill that spot."

Via New York Daily News

New Jersey Nets

[h2]Bogut Should Be Healthy ForCamp[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 9:55 AM EST

mil_40.gif
Andrew Boguthas been working out in Melbourne and should be flying back to Milwaukee from Australia this weekend, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting.

Bogut badly sprained his left ankle in Australia's loss to the United States in Beijing when he got tangled up with Lakers starKobe Bryant, but a magnetic resonance imaging exam showed no serious damage and Bogut has been rehabilitating ever since.

"Reports are that he's healthy and should start training camp 100%," Bucks general manager John Hammond said Wednesday."That's what we are hoping and anticipating."

Via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Curry: Rasheed,Pistons Need To Get In Shape[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 9:02 AM EST

det_40.gif
New Pistonshead coach Michael Curry has stressed that he wants the entire team, especially Rasheed Wallace, to get in better shape heading into the 2008-09 season,according to Detroit Free Press.

"We talked about focusing more on our strength and conditioning program," Curry said. "Arnie Kander [strength andconditioning coach], who we feel is one of the best in the business, I don't think we've taken full advantage of him over the last fewyears.

"I want him (Wallace) to be able to maintain his conditioning throughout the season. You can get in basketball shape, but you canplay the whole season but not be in great conditioning as well."

"That's when teams become champions, when you can dig down and you got that extra strength to be successful," Currysaid.

Via Detroit Free Press

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Kirilenko To Russia?Agent Denies Rumor[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 8:58 AM EST

uta_40.gif
There have beenmurmurs that Utah forward Andrei Kirilenko could be made an offer by Russia's CSKA in Moscow, but his agent has denied rumors, according to DeseretNews.

"There's no question that they would love to have him," agent Marc Fleisher said of CSKA. "But to my knowledge,they haven't made any efforts this summer - at least through me - to get him, so I don't take it (the rumor) very seriously."

Kirilenko is under contract through 2011, which means he has three seasons left on the deal.

"As long as a player is under contract with an NBA team, he can't sign a contract to play in Europe (and vice-versa),"Fleisher said, adding that the rule doesn't prohibit contract buyouts.

Via Deseret News

Utah Jazz

[h2]Arenas CrossingFingers For Christmas Return[/h2]
Sep 19, 2008 8:53 AM EST

was_40.gif
Wizards pointguard Gilbert Arenas is hoping that he'll be able to return to the court by Christmas, according to Washington Post.

He clarified his likely return date in a recent blog entry.

"I know time frames are dicey, but they said anywhere from mid December to January 1, I'll be back by then at 100percent," Arenas posted. "I should be, if everything goes well. So that's the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza present I'm hopingfor."

He then went on to explain his offseason program, which was supposed to help the knee heal properly.

"I actually did everything I was supposed to after the season," Arenas said. "I sat out a whole month without doinganything. No nothing. No rehab, no jogging, no nothing. I took the time because whatever the pain was that felt like a pinch or a bruised bone, we felt thatover time, with me not doing anything the pinch would go away. . . . It wasn't pain to where I couldn't play, but it was pain to the point where Icouldn't get through rehab the way I wanted to and before I stepped on the floor I didn't want anything holding me back."

Via Washington Post

Washington Wizards

[h2]Arenas: I Will Come BackWithout Pain[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 4:09 PM EST

was_40.gif
Gilbert Arenassays that he made the decision to have his knee cleaned out on Wednesday in hopes that he will return to the court later this year without any pain, accordingto Washington Post.

"It was my decision," Arenas said. "They told me that I could be back in two or three months without pain or discomfortif I just took care of it now, so that's what I decided to go with."

The procedure was successfully completed Wednesday and wasn't a shock to the Wizards.

Ernie Grunfeld said the team was aware that Arenas was still going through the rehabilitation process when it signed him to the $111million contract in July and was not caught off guard by the recent developments.

Via Washington Post

Washington Wizards

[h2]Rockets Buy Supplies ForIke Victims[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 4:05 PM EST

hou_40.gif
The Rocketshave purchased truckloads of supplies for victims of Hurricane Ike, and a number of players unloaded them at a distribution center on Thursday, according toAssociated Press.

The supplies included food, water, and toiletries. The trucks carried 80,000 pounds of the assorted items.

"It was an easy decision to do something very quickly," Rockets' CEO Tad Brown said. "We had the infrastructure inplace to do it."

Via ESPN

Houston Rockets

[h2]Marbury Expected To BeWaived[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 4:03 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
Howard Beck ofthe New York Times reports that the Knicks are expected to part ways with Stephon Marbury.

"Most of the Knicks' top rotation players from last season have been scrimmaging at the team's training center,"writes Beck. "The group has included Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Jared Jeffries, Wilson Chandler and Zach Randolph, as well asthe free-agent pickup Chris Duhon. The most notable absence has been Stephon Marbury, who is expected to be waived before the season."

Via New York Times

New York Knicks

[h2]Wolves' Jefferson SprainsMCL[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 4:00 PM EST

min_40.gif
Timberwolves' forward Al Jefferson will miss two-to-three weeks of action after suffering a mild sprain of the medical collateral ligament in hisright knee, according to Pioneer Press.

In 2007-08, Jefferson averaged 21.0 points and 11.1 rebounds per game, all career highs.

Via Pioneer Press

Minnesota Timberwolves

Originally Posted by krey1231

Lakers staying with Vlad at the 3? Or Ariza? (Only if Odom actually does come off the bench)

I would imagine it would be Ariza for his D. The lakers already have enough offense on the floor, they need good perimeter defenders and Ariza provides that.

It better be Ariza starting, I can't deal with another season of space cadet's stupidity. Not to even mention Bill Walton's son................
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

why not let odom be the primary ball handler and initiate the offense and let D fish spot up and shoot open 3's?

the lakers have enough scoring in their starting 5 to always at least have 2 starters on the floor @ all times..

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

It better be Ariza starting, I can't deal with another season of space cadet's stupidity. Not to even mention Bill Walton's son................
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
id like to keep the space cadet in the starting line up just to spread the floor more for kobe, gasol, and bynum. he might not be the mostintelligent player, but how smart do you have to be to just camp and shoot?

I like the idea of Odom being the sixth man.

All those bench mob guys are fast and like to run the floor, it's then a perfect situation for Odom.

Farmar, Sasha, Odom, Pau/Powell

julius hodge wanna run point? huh?
With the amount of players we have at the 2 & 3 spots, playing point forward would give him the best shot at making the squad. He'll endup doing that a lot at training camp & this upcoming preseason to see how it plays out.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Ben's most likely staying, he'll get paid next year, either as a sign and trade with the Bulls or another team. He's gonna have a good year.
I think so too. Its too bad they couldn't get something worked out, i would like to see how him and Rose would run together

Back
Top Bottom