Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Bosh will be in Orlando in 2010.
pimp.gif

Not really news, and not worthy of creating a thread for, but some background about new Mavs player, James Singleton

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Who does BG think he is???
Well, we'll see what he actually ends up with. If he gets paid, he's a genius. He may not be popular, but he will be getting paid.

But if he doesn't get paid well and settles for a lot less, he'll look FOOLISH. Depends on who's going to be the fool in this case, him, or theteam that pays him.

At this point though, I hope the Bulls get rid of him (along with Hughes). They have some good nucleus players, and people like Gordon and Hughes won'tcontribute.

Ben Gordon better accept what the Bulls are offering and then take his %%@ to Miami because nobody is going to offer him what Chi-town is and the truth isGordon probably doesn't even deserve that. IMO dude has reached his ceiling and will always have the same kind of production. I don't know, maybeI'm totally wrong but what I do know is I hate players with this dudes mentality and he would never be on my team.

When you're good, you don't have to hold out and %#@%@ and cry for more money. The owner and gm control that and all of them set the market value andif you have amazing potential - you WILL get paid. But if you're just a average/good player the money they offer you is what you're worth, most timesstill more than what you're worth. Players like Gordon are just greedy and they see other players getting more scrilla and he gets jelous, only problem is- thats them, you're you and every situation and player is different. Gordon is lucky as hell someone obviously still has respect for him because he'slucky to get offered what he got after all of this crap.

Good move on the Bulls to trade this fool. Miami's crazy to give up Marion for him, whats the deal with that?...Free-up some money orwhat?...Wade/Marion/Beasley is MUCH better than Wade/Gordon/B-Eazy......would they want Wade to play point then and Gordon at the 2? or the other wayaround?....then have Beasley at the 3, Haslem at the 4 and Mourning or whoever at the 5???...interesting if Beasley plays the 3....

Ben Gordon better accept what the Bulls are offering and then take his %%@ to Miami because nobody is going to offer him what Chi-town is and the truth is Gordon probably doesn't even deserve that. IMO dude has reached his ceiling and will always have the same kind of production. I don't know, maybe I'm totally wrong but what I do know is I hate players with this dudes mentality and he would never be on my team.

When you're good, you don't have to hold out and %#@%@ and cry for more money. The owner and gm control that and all of them set the market value and if you have amazing potential - you WILL get paid. But if you're just a average/good player the money they offer you is what you're worth, most times still more than what you're worth. Players like Gordon are just greedy and they see other players getting more scrilla and he gets jelous, only problem is - thats them, you're you and every situation and player is different. Gordon is lucky as hell someone obviously still has respect for him because he's lucky to get offered what he got after all of this crap.

I agree with almost everything you say other than Ben Gordon reaching his ceiling. By all means he may have, but he's still relatively young, and he'snever been a consistent starter, so maybe he's slightly better than what we've seen (although that doesn't warrant him a great big contract likehe's demanding). It's really amazing that some players would hold out just for more money when they're already making millions a year. It'sjust a good thing there's a salary cap in the NBA, or else teams would turn into the Yankees and just dish out cash like it's nothing (although, myteam would probably be one of the ones who would dish it out year in and year out, so I shouldn't complain
laugh.gif
). The NBA Salary Cap is a very trickything to work around, but I digress. Ben Gordon has a lot to prove to people this year, no matter where he goes. He better play like he's a superstar thisyear.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

J.O. still is a premiere defensive stopper in the paint.
that'll take a lot of pressure off him from being the #1 option. he did lead the league in blocks one year right?
he spent about 2/3 of a season in that spoy but he gave it up eventually.

[h2]Reinsdorf ExpectsGordon To Remain A Bull[/h2]
Gordon_Ben_chi_080403.jpg

Sep 18, 2008 8:21 AM EST

chi_40.gif
Bulls chairmanJerry Reinsdorf expects the team to resolve its conflict with restricted free agent guard Ben Gordon and come to an agreement, according to ChicagoSun-Times.

"It has to be resolved," Reinsdorf said Wednesday. "You know, we have a business disagreement relating to the money,but he's still a Chicago Bull, and I expect him to play for the Bulls. I expect him to play hard, and I'd be surprised if it's anything other thanthat."

Gordon has said that he believes he has played his final game for the Bulls, but Chicago has the right to match any offer he receives.Gordon could also play for the $6.4 million qualifying offer, which would make him an unrestricted free agent next summer.

"I expect Ben Gordon to be playing for the Bulls this year, one way or another," Reinsdorf said. "I don't know ifit will be resolved before training camp, but I do expect him to be playing for the Bulls."

Via Chicago Sun-Times

Chicago Bulls

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Gallinari Will Be Ready ForCamp[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 8:26 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Despite backissues, Knicks rookie forward Danilo Gallinari is expected to be ready for training camp when it opens in less than two weeks, according to New YorkTimes.

"Everyone is extremely optimistic that he'll be ready to go when the bell rings at the start of training camp,"Gallinari's agent, Arn Tellem, said.

Gallinari has not played basketball since the middle of July when he injured his lower back in Summer League play.

The Knicks took Gallinari with the sixth overall pick in June's NBA Draft.

Via New York Times

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Celtics To Visit WhiteHouse On Friday[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 1:19 PM EST

bos_40.gif
On Friday,September 19, the Boston Celtics will travel to Washington D.C. to meet with President George W. Bush and receive recognition for winning the 2008 NBA WorldChampionship.

Celtics players will be accompanied by coaches, ownership, and members of the front office for the event. Head Coach Doc Rivers,Executive Director of Basketball Operations/General Manager Danny Ainge, as well as Team Co-Owners Irving Grousbeck, Wycliffe Grousbeck, Steve Pagliuca and BobEpstein are expected to be in attendance. At approximately 3:00 p.m., President Bush will address members of the team and guests in the White House's EastRoom. While on stage with the President, the team will present him with a personalized team jersey and autographed team ball.

Via Press Release

Boston Celtics

[h2]Kidd OK Without AnExtension[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 11:20 AM EST

dal_40.gif
JasonKidd's agent did not discuss a contract extension with Mark Cuban over the summer and the point guard is at peace with that.

"I'm OK with playing it out," said Kidd. "And I'm excited. I like my situation in Dallas. I have an owner whois aggressive, in the sense that he wants to win. So I'm confident we'll be pretty good. I'm sitting in a good seat."

Via Star-Ledger

Dallas Mavericks

[h2]Dumars Defends LackOf Pistons' Roster Moves[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 9:16 AM EST

det_40.gif
PistonsPresident Joe Dumars has told the media that he will not apologize for the lack of moves that his ball club has made this off season, saying that offersreceived did not benefit his team, the Detroit News is reporting.

"I said we would look to make changes but we wouldn't do a bad deal," he said. "The deals that were presented werenot good deals for us. You don't make deals so you can walk in here on a day like today and say, 'Hey, we made a deal.' You want to resist that,and I did and I make no qualms about it."

The Pistons, who have gone to the Eastern Conference Finals six straight years but made the NBA Finals only twice, will rely on theemergence of guard Rodney Stuckey, who received rave reviews while playing for the U.S. Select team against the Gold Medalist American NationalTeam.

"I am ready for any challenge that comes in," said Stuckey, whose minutes are expected to increase significantly. "I amalways ready. I told you guys, I am never scared. They are going to be expecting more out of me and I love that challenge."

Via Detroit News

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Spurs Add Three ToTraining Camp Roster[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 8:34 AM EST

san_40.gif
The Spurs havesigned free agents Desmon Farmer, Devin Green and Darryl Watkins to add to their training camp roster, according to NBA.com.

San Antonio now has seventeen players under contract heading into camp later this month.

Via NBA.com

San Antonio Spurs

[h2]Wizards Have No Interest InTinsley[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 8:31 AM EST

ind_40.gif
Despite losingGilbert Arenas for the start of the season, the Wizards do not appear to have any interest in Pacers point guard Jamaal Tinsley, according to IndianapolisStar.

Mike Wells, a beat writer for the Pacers at Indianapolis Star, spoke with Ivan Carter, a beat writer for the Wizards at the WashingtonPost, about possible interest from the team with Arenas' latest knee surgery.

Washington officials appear to have told Carter that the team has no interest in Tinsley, and Wells has also reported that theWarriors aren't an option for Tinsley either.

Via Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers, Washington Wizards, Golden State Warriors

[h2]Jason Smith UndergoesSuccessful Surgery[/h2]
Sep 17, 2008 5:19 PM EST

phi_40.gif
Philadelphia76ers center Jason Smith underwent successful ACL reconstruction surgery on his left knee today. The surgery was performed by Dr. David Altchek, the AttendingOrthopaedic Surgeon in the Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. Team physician Dr. Jack McPhilemyobserved the surgery.

Smith will stay the night in the hospital and is scheduled to be released tomorrow afternoon.

Via Press Release

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]Arenas Undergoes WashoutOn Left Knee[/h2]
Sep 17, 2008 2:13 PM EST

was_40.gif
WashingtonWizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced that guard Gilbert Arenas had an arthroscopic lavage (washout) procedure performed on his left knee this morning. The procedure was performed by Wizards' Team Physician Dr. Marc Connell at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC. "After Gilbert's normalcourse of rehabilitation was ramped up, he experienced some swelling and discomfort in his knee," said Connell. "A subsequent MRI showed that theknee is structurally sound. The decision was made to perform an arthroscopic lavage procedure, during which a moderate amount of debris was removed aftersaline solution was washed through the knee. The presence of debris is common with the nature of his previous injury. This was a proactive procedure thatwill enhance his rehabilitation process."

Via Press Release

Washington Wizards

[h2]MavsReceived Several Low-Ball Trade Offers For Howard[/h2]
Sep 17, 2008 1:24 PM EST

dal_40.gif
The Mavericksreceived several off-season trade offers for Josh Howard, but almost all of them were not deemed worthy of consideration. Team officials have said repeatedlythey're not interested in trading Howard.

"Josh really is a good guy with a great heart," said Mark Cuban. "He just doesn't do a good job of showing thatside of himself publicly. We will work on that."

Via Dallas Morning-News

Dallas Mavericks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

Bosh will be in Orlando Miami in 2010.
pimp.gif

fixed that for you
pimp.gif

I also can't wait to see how Oden looks in an NBA game.
i can see someone from the USA team wanting to play with wade in miami in 2010.. after playing with him and seeing his dedication..

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

not sure if anyone knows but Sheed has changed back to the number 30 this season
pimp.gif

Haha, Sheed just wishes he was still 30 years old, that's why. Get 'em Roscoe!

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h2]Kidd OK Without An Extension[/h2]
Sep 18, 2008 11:20 AM EST

dal_40.gif
Jason Kidd's agent did not discuss a contract extension with Mark Cuban over the summer and the point guard is at peace with that.

"I'm OK with playing it out," said Kidd. "And I'm excited. I like my situation in Dallas. I have an owner who is aggressive, in the sense that he wants to win. So I'm confident we'll be pretty good. I'm sitting in a good seat."

Via Star-Ledger

Dallas Mavericks

j.kidds gonna be a Laker if he doesnt get an extension
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
i like that look

Whats the point of Pax being the GM if Reinsdorf is gonna be the main source of all Bulls news and do all these negotiations.

For real though...Trade BG for something...draft picks, cash, something

BG has been part of trade deals , but he has basically blocked them because his future asking price is too high for the team that gets him, to keep him.

Ben's most likely staying, he'll get paid next year, either as a sign and trade with the Bulls or another team. He's gonna have a good year.

Back
Top Bottom