Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Chucky Atkins gets surgery AGAIN?? Jesus, just get rid of this guy already he's made of toothpicks and balsa wood. He's supposed to be our starting PG,lol. Oh well, here comes another year of wild, unstructured high-speed offense. I can only hope they will develop some D.

And I been calling for the AI trade for the past year. I'm pretty sure it will go down this season. It has to, there's no way it can't. The Nuggetshave no other options for unloading salary and keeping a young core of players with any kind of future. Our best bet now is to get a couple of younger guys ina deal for AI, hopefully a true pass-first PG and another Big for the bench (or to start when Nene or Kmart goes down with a season ending injury). I don'tknow how those trade exceptions work but I know we literally gave Camby away for nothing, so I am hoping it won't be too hard to find a decent deal to sendAI off to a place that will be good for him and that can offer some guys that will fit our team for the right price.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by EB4President

You guys are acting like the Cavs are a good team.

You insert a guy like LEBRON on any team in the east and they'll get out of the first round and knock on the door. It boils down to Nets w/o Lebron > Cavs w/o Lebron
indifferent.gif
Co-freaking-sign...

You insert a guy like LEBRON on any team in the east and they'll get out of the first round and knock on the door. It boils down to Nets w/o Lebron > Cavs w/o Lebron
indifferent.gif

SMH CAVS suck

Delonte + Boobie > Harris + Marcus Williams

Z + Ben >>>> Kristic + Boone
roll.gif
Marcus Williams and Krstic don't even play there anymore...

I don't even like Harris, but Delonte West and Boobie are not better players than Devin. Not even close...

Big Z and Ben are both well into the back sides of their careers... The fact that they're probably Cleveland's third and fourth best players isn'tsomething to be excited about...

Sean Williams, Brook Lopez, Yi, and Harris are as good going forward as any young players Cleveland has lined up for the future right now... And seeing asthey're filled more with complementary types than go-to guys, they could have 2 more Lottery picks under their belts before then, too... I'm a bigLopez fan, and everybody knows my feelings on Sean Williams if he gets his head right... If Devin Harris plays like he did down the stretch last year goingforward, that team is going to be pretty decent... Need to dump VC on somebody, but there's some very quality young pieces in place...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Delonte + Boobie > Harris + Marcus Williams

Z + Ben >>>> Kristic + Boone
roll.gif
Marcus Williams and Krstic don't even play there anymore...

Sean Williams, Brook Lopez, Yi, and Harris are as good going forward as any young players Cleveland has lined up for the future right now... And seeing as they're filled more with complementary types than go-to guys, they could have 2 more Lottery picks under their belts before then, too... I'm a big Lopez fan, and everybody knows my feelings on Sean Williams if he gets his head right... If Devin Harris plays like he did down the stretch last year going forward, that team is going to be pretty decent... Need to dump VC on somebody, but there's some very quality young pieces in place...

grin.gif
None of those big guys have shown me ANY promise.

At least Z and Ben have experience, Ben especially with playoff experience.

J.J. Hickson. Straight BEAST in summer league games.
  • vs. New York: 26 points, 11-15 shooting, 4-7 from the line, 9 rebounds (7 offensive)
  • vs. Houston: 18 points, 7-15 from the floor, 4-8 from the line, 6 rebounds (2 offensive), 1 blocked shot
  • vs. Washington: 12 points, 5-11 from the floor, 2-6 from the line, 9 rebounds (3 offensive), 4 blocks, 6 fouls
  • vs. New Orleans: 17 points, 6-15 from the floor, 5-13 from the line, 10 rebounds (5 offensive), 1 block
  • vs. Milwaukee: 24 points, 10-17 from the floor, 4-4 from the line, 5 rebounds (3 offensive), 4 turnovers
Totals: 19.4 ppg on 53% shooting, 50% (19-38) on free throw attempts, 7.8 rebounds (4 offensive), 1.2 block shots per game, 3 personal fouls per game

Remember the name.

Ben and Z are both league-average at best at this point, and both on the decline...
ohwell.gif
Like I said, I wouldn't be overly excited about a teamwhere those guys are the 3rd and 4th best players...

None of those guys have shown promise, but you're amped off an extremely raw talent who had good summer league numbers...
laugh.gif
OK... Let'snot forget Quincy Douby, Dahntay Jones, and Joey Graham dominated Summer Leagues, too... I mean, even Jason Smith and Sheldan Williams are doin WORK out therein Vegas... That means nothing.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Ben and Z are both league-average at best at this point, and both on the decline...
ohwell.gif
Like I said, I wouldn't be overly excited about a team where those guys are the 3rd and 4th best players...

None of those guys have shown promise, but you're amped off an extremely raw talent who had good summer league numbers...
laugh.gif
OK... Let's not forget Quincy Douby, Dahntay Jones, and Joey Graham dominated Summer Leagues, too... I mean, even Jason Smith and Sheldan Williams are doin WORK out there in Vegas... That means nothing.

What is he supposed to do? Stink it up?

You making it out to be a lose-lose for Hickson.

He does well, it means nothing. He fails and he & Cleveland dont hear the end of it.

This is pointless banter. Cavs are in the playoffs and the Nets aren't.

Hypotheticals are a waste of everyone's time

indifferent.gif

SMH CAVS suck

Cavs > Pistons. Get out of here with that talk, welcome to 2008
wink.gif

LOL

Cavs suck yet they won the conference 2 years ago and last year were a PJ Brown jumper away from beatin the champs

[h1]Arenas, Wizards fined by NBA after he skips media[/h1]By HOWARD FENDRICH, AP Sports Writer

WASHINGTON (AP)-Gilbert Arenas and the Washington Wizards were fined $15,000 apiece by the NBA on Friday after he ducked out of the team's annual preseason media day, avoiding any discussion of his third left knee operation in 1 1/2 years.

A few of his teammates who did speak at the event wondered aloud about when - and whether-their All-Star point guard would be back to his Agent Zero self on the court.

"I think probably everybody's worried about that. I think Gil's got to be worried about that," center Brendan Haywood said.

"It's one of those things. I want to see him bounce back and be the player he was when he averaged 30 points, six assists, and was one of the top five vote-getters in the Eastern Conference. I think he can get back there. The doctors all say he can get back there," Haywood added.

"But in the back of everybody's mind, you're a little worried: 'What if?"'

What if Arenas takes longer to return than the vague, December-or-January target he wrote about on his blog the day after last week's knee surgery?

What if when Arenas does return, it takes a while for him to get into shape?

What if when Arenas does get into shape, it takes a while for him to play at his best?

"One thing I'm expecting to happen is that when he comes back, we're going to see Gilbert this year, but we probably won't see Agent Zero until the end of the season," forward Antawn Jamison said, "or maybe towards next year."

Arenas has yet to answer any questions in front of a group of reporters since his $111 million, six-year contract was announced in July. His first public discussion of his latest surgery was supposed to come Friday, but he was the only Wizards player the media wasn't able to talk to at the team's arena.

He did show up long enough to pose for photographs, but the team said Arenas cited his knee rehab work in declining to speak. Instead, a Wizards spokesman said, Arenas will address the media Saturday, when the team opens training camp in Richmond, Va.

Arenas was penalized "for failing to make himself available to the media," the league said, while Washington was docked the same amount "for failing to ensure that its players comply with NBA media interview rules."

Team spokesman Scott Hall said the Wizards wouldn't comment on the fines.

The Wizards haven't offered any timetable for when Arenas might be able to start practicing or playing. He first had surgery on the left knee in April 2007, then had another operation in November, and appeared in only 13 regular-season games last season.

Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld, coach Eddie Jordan and several players have been optimistic about playing well until Arenas does don a uniform. They made the playoffs last season by relying on All-Star forwards Caron Butler and Jamison, veteran guards DeShawn Stevenson and Antonio Daniels, and Haywood.

"We need to go out there and understand that if Gilbert's here, it's a great thing," Stevenson said, "and if not, we're just going to have to work a little bit harder."

Whatever worries Arenas' teammates might harbor, they are looking on the positive side.

Long as it might take, they figure, certainly the day will come when their enigmatic guard is hitting buzzer-beating 3-pointers, just like in the old days.

"Eventually, he's going to be back to normal. I think so," Jamison said. "He's going to do everything possible to make sure he's at that level and healthy."

Stevenson has spoken to Arenas about what the future may hold.

"We're tight, so obviously, we've talked about it. I know him. I know he's going to work hard. He's not one of them guys who gets his money and goes out the window," Stevenson said. "So you will see a Number Zero jersey back on the court."

A reporter pointed out that about half the questions put to Stevenson were about his pal and backcourt mate.

Stevenson shrugged, smiled and replied: "Making $111 million, it's going to be like that."

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

indifferent.gif
Co-freaking-sign...

[h1]Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki contemplates the future[/h1]Nowitzki doesn't want to overstay his welcome, but he wants an NBA title

By JEFF CAPLAN
[email protected]

DALLAS - The Olympic rings proudly shaved into the side of his head have faded, and the goose bumps that rose as high as the Beijing night sky while carrying the German flag have finally returned to their subterranean roots.

After a travel-logged and triumphant summer, Dallas Mavericks power forward Dirk Nowitzki is back in Big D. The 7-footer notched his first workout Thursday at American Airlines Center in preparation for his 11th training camp, which starts Tuesday.

Expressing optimism and intrigue about the upcoming season, Nowitzki, who turned 30 in June, also turned philosophical, sharing interesting perspectives on getting older and his career, including how much longer it might last and where it might end.

With three years left on his contract, Nowitzki repeatedly talked about gunning for a championship in these final three seasons and then, well, possibly hanging it up after 14 seasons, at the age of 33.

Here's some of what he had to say:

Is that how you are viewing your NBA career, three more years?

I'm 30 now; I crossed that big hurdle - which was a little emotional by the way - this summer. I always was kind of the young talent and now I've crossed that line. We'll just have to see how these next couple of years go. I would love to finish my career, obviously, in Dallas. I've always said that. Hopefully we can win the championship here in these three years and everything will be great. If not, I think we all have to keep our eyes and ears open to what's going on.

After the 2010-11 season you will turn 33. Do youenvision yourself retiring even though you likely would have more solid seasons to come?

I think the worst thing that athletes can do is play too long and at the end look slow and don't look right and they lose some of their reputation. I want to still play when it's fun, but when I have to get up in the morning, everything hurts and I have to go to work, if that's my mentality, then I'd rather quit and do something else. Obviously, as you get older you start thinking about other things, too... stuff like family comes up over the years and we'll see what happens there.

Are you planning then not to negotiate an extension next year and to enter your final season in 2010-11 without a deal?

I don't want to commit until I'm 35, 36 or whatever and then I really don't want to play that long. But, saying that now, I really don't know. I think everything's kind of out in the open. We'll have to see how we play this year. Hopefully, we're going to bring some of the fun back and we'll just have to see how that works.

You said you were happy the U.S. won the gold medal because it reaffirmed the NBA as the best league in the world. With some NBA players bolting for European leagues, would you consider playing on your home continent?

There's one big club in Germany, in Berlin, called ALBA Berlin, and they've been asking me every year. Actually, the owner's dream is to have me in their uniform once before I retire, and I'm sure he's going to do everything he can to make that happen before my career is over. And really, on that subject, too, I leave everything open. ... There's so many athletes here in the U.S., it's amazing, this game is so fast. And in Europe, this summer I saw it again, the game is slower, not as many athletes, so I'll be able to play a lot longer over there than I am over here, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'll play here as long as it's fun and I can. If I still want to play and compete at a high level I can always go over there and play.

What do you make of Josh Howard's situation?

Interesting summer, yeah. He's not a bad guy. I've been playing with him for five years now. He just sometimes says the wrong things at the wrong time sometimes. But knowing him for that long, he's a good guy. People are trying to make him a bad guy now. I can for sure say that he's fun to be around, he's a good kid, he cares; just sometimes he needs to learn to control himself and just keep some stuff to himself and he'll be all right.

You made it clear that the playoff collapse against Golden State tainted winning the MVP award. After a full year, do you have a different perspective?

That trophy is sitting at home at my mom's, so I saw it basically all summer; every time I eat it was right there with a huge picture with my suit on right next to it. I look at it this way, that's something that nobody can ever take away from me and it was an amazing accomplishment, obviously the first European to win it, and really something to be proud of. But, it will always be combined with that first-round collapse.
http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/934979.htmlhttp://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/934979.html

I see Mike has pull in Miami already....they signed 2 guys from his AAU team. Eddie Basden and Tre Kelley

[h3]Kobe's minutes to be reducedhttp://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/09/26/kobes-minutes-to-be-reduced/[/h3]
One of Lakers coach Phil Jackson's primary objectives for the 2008-2009 season will be to keep Kobe Bryant on the bench longer than in the past.

Bryant averaged 38.9 minutes, out of a possible 48 minutes per game last season and Jackson said Friday that Bryant playing "38-40 minutes is getting to be a little too much."

Only nine players averaged more minutes per game last season than Bryant. Denver's Allen Iverson was the NBA leader at 41.8 minutes per game.

Jackson, however, acknowledged that it is a delicate act in monitoring the minutes of a player the stature of Bryant because a coach does not want to keep that player out of the game too long.'

September 26th, 2008, 1:45 pm · posted by ART THOMPSON III, OCREGISTER.COM

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

[h3]Kobe's minutes to be reducedhttp://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/09/26/kobes-minutes-to-be-reduced/[/h3]
One of Lakers coach Phil Jackson's primary objectives for the 2008-2009 season will be to keep Kobe Bryant on the bench longer than in the past.

Bryant averaged 38.9 minutes, out of a possible 48 minutes per game last season and Jackson said Friday that Bryant playing "38-40 minutes is getting to be a little too much."

Only nine players averaged more minutes per game last season than Bryant. Denver's Allen Iverson was the NBA leader at 41.8 minutes per game.

Jackson, however, acknowledged that it is a delicate act in monitoring the minutes of a player the stature of Bryant because a coach does not want to keep that player out of the game too long.'

September 26th, 2008, 1:45 pm · posted by ART THOMPSON III, OCREGISTER.COM

very unlikely to happen come gametime..

but im pretty sure Kobe's mins reduced since the Gasol trade, he's usually resting on the bench already even before the last quarter starts..

now that bynum is back, he probably will sit the rest of the 2nd half for most games..

I hope
happy.gif

A Cleveland fan refusing to admit that it's even a POSSIBILITY that LeBron could bounce in a couple years is suggesting that someone ELSE is in denial?!

That's awesome.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

A Cleveland fan refusing to admit that it's even a POSSIBILITY that LeBron could bounce in a couple years is suggesting that someone ELSE is in denial?!

That's awesome.

laugh.gif

eek.gif
Who said that? I should talk to him.

Back
Top Bottom