Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

The Clippers w/ Brand/Baron; I don't think they can do much else to get more people after that. So, I agree with franchise I think he really is consideringgoing the Boozer route and joining the WArriors
pimp.gif
. Or, it's possible he'll tell the Clippers to up their offer and give him more money, thus forcingBaron to go to LA via sign-and-trade. I'm not sure how that exactly works but I read that elsewhere.

^ It's being reported that Ellis wants $10M or more a year.

Say Brand takes the GSW offer, and they give into Ellis' demands.

How much is Biedrins looking at then?

I mean, Brand $90M contract, Ellis $10M a year, how much room do they have left under the cap to offer Biedrins?

Without him feeling lowballed?

Take into consideration, he's going to want at least Diop money, which is $6M a year, more then likely more then that.

franchise3:
And I think he'd be willing to do that if that were the situation he found himself in. If it were a matter of *SOMETHING LIKE* 'Alright, we've got Baron, we've kept Corey, and we picked up Posey. So it looks like I won't be getting a very huge contract now,' his next thought would be 'I'm good with that.'
I doubt it, ska.
I mean, I admit, it's probably just me still waiting for that one athlete that is willing to take less money in order for his team to affordwinning pieces. So I'm probably clinging to this hope like 'Brand is the one. He's the guy I've been waiting for, the guy that willingly takessignificantly less so the team can afford good talent at other positions.'

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

franchise3:
And I think he'd be willing to do that if that were the situation he found himself in. If it were a matter of *SOMETHING LIKE* 'Alright, we've got Baron, we've kept Corey, and we picked up Posey. So it looks like I won't be getting a very huge contract now,' his next thought would be 'I'm good with that.'
I doubt it, ska.
I mean, I admit, it's probably just me still waiting for that one athlete that is willing to take less money in order for his team to afford winning pieces. So I'm probably clinging to this hope like 'Brand is the one. He's the guy I've been waiting for, the guy that willingly takes significantly less so the team can afford good talent at other positions.'

laugh.gif

If Brand isn't "the one," then such a person probably does not exist.

franchise3:
I doubt it, ska.
I mean, I admit, it's probably just me still waiting for that one athlete that is willing to take less money in order for his team to afford winning pieces. So I'm probably clinging to this hope like 'Brand is the one. He's the guy I've been waiting for, the guy that willingly takes significantly less so the team can afford good talent at other positions.'

laugh.gif

I don't know Ska, if he does take less money for Posey/Corey he's looking at about 30 mil + difference.
That's alot of money bro
ohwell.gif

and Tim Duncan, I think, is the athlete you're looking for

Originally Posted by franchise3

^ It's being reported that Ellis wants $10M or more a year.

Say Brand takes the GSW offer, and they give into Ellis' demands.

How much is Biedrins looking at then?

I mean, Brand $90M contract, Ellis $10M a year, how much room do they have left under the cap to offer Biedrins?

Without him feeling lowballed?

Take into consideration, he's going to want at least Diop money, which is $6M a year, more then likely more then that.

Biedrins has said that he'd take a discount (not sure how much that truly is) to return to the Warriors, so I'm not sure he'd be disrespected.Then again, nothing has gone to plan.

This is one aspect to which I'm not a fan of the Brand offering. I'd rather get MORE pieces, ie 2-3, for the money you can spend on Brand.

I'm fine with Monta at 10m. Ideally, get Monta for 4-5 years avging 10m and I'm happy. Biedrins, around 6m a year would be ideal, personally.

1. I agree with what ska said. Brand is looking at the C's and sees THREE max players over there. Spurs? THREE. Dallas? Two and a half. Etc. If the Clipsget creative, why can't they also squeeze another above average player to go with the Diddy/Brand combo?

2. I think you guys are over-rating the Diddy signing. It's definitely a great move cuz I think Diddy is a great pg. But the talk I hear about the Clipsbeing playoff bound... I'm very skeptical. The West is TOUGH man. Which is why I agree that Brand may want to see more activity by LA's FO. Right now,GSW w/Brand > LAC w/Brand.

3. You guys all seem to think Monta is the pg of the Dubs' future. But is he really? I mean, his game is damn near perfect at this point. But he greatlybenefitted from having Diddy running point. In other words, he seems to be better OFF the ball than WITH it. I think he CAN play a little point. But I'dthink Warrior management would prefer him doing that only for short stretches. I didn't see many Warrior games this year, so correct me if I'm wrong.

He is waiting for Miami to get in the mix probably

pimp.gif
, Marion for Brand is still an option
laugh.gif

Actually, I hope if Brand can't get to Miami, I hope he goes to GS.

So then GS would have to pay Monta and Biedrins and maybe Miami can slide in and send Marion to GS for Biedrins and Pietrius

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

franchise3:
I doubt it, ska.

laugh.gif

I don't know Ska, if he does take less money for Posey/Corey he's looking at about 30 mil + difference.
That's alot of money bro
ohwell.gif

and Tim Duncan, I think, is the athlete you're looking for

yup. i was just gonna say TD is probably the guy.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

1. I agree with what ska said. Brand is looking at the C's and sees THREE max players over there. Spurs? THREE. Dallas? Two and a half. Etc. If the Clips get creative, why can't they also squeeze another above average player to go with the Diddy/Brand combo?

2. I think you guys are over-rating the Diddy signing. It's definitely a great move cuz I think Diddy is a great pg. But the talk I hear about the Clips being playoff bound... I'm very skeptical. The West is TOUGH man. Which is why I agree that Brand may want to see more activity by LA's FO. Right now, GSW w/Brand > LAC w/Brand.

3. You guys all seem to think Monta is the pg of the Dubs' future. But is he really? I mean, his game is damn near perfect at this point. But he greatly benefitted from having Diddy running point. In other words, he seems to be better OFF the ball than WITH it. I think he CAN play a little point. But I'd think Warrior management would prefer him doing that only for short stretches. I didn't see many Warrior games this year, so correct me if I'm wrong.
1. You have to take into account who's the owner here. Sterling is cheap, and to add another piece, in addition to resigning Brand and aquiringBD, he's flirting with the luxuary tax.

2. GSW has a lot of untapped potential, but they just lost their floor general. LAC on the other hand, have no PG to speak of. Kaman had a career year lastyear, Thornton has shown flashes, Gordon is a highly touted rook, and now you add BD to the mix to run the show. BD fills up the Clippers biggest need andhole. And they still have Mobley and Tim Thomas. The Clippers have a good mix of veterans and youngsters. The Warriors on the other hand, Nelly has alreadysaid he's going to play the young guys more. Meaning, Benelli and Wright is going to play a lot more minutes. The rookie Randolph too. And it's yetto be seen how Monta can do at the point. LAC looks better going forward if they resign Brand, just because of there's some uncertainty surrounding theWarriors.

3. See 2, which is why you can't really say LACw/Brand < GSWw/Brand

Ps - Lazy, I think Biedrins is going to want more than what Diop got, honestly. I think he might want $10M too.

[h1]

Agent: Heat interested in point guard Dooling[/h1]
[h5]Posted on Thu, Jul. 03, 2008[/h5]
reprint print email
Facebook Digg del.icio.us AIM
[h3]BY BARRY JACKSON[/h3][h3][email protected][/h3]
The Miami Heat, continuing to search for point guard help, has ''expressed great interest'' in Orlando Magic unrestricted free agent andformer Heat backup Keyon Dooling, agent Rob Pelinka said Thursday.

Pelinka declined to say if Miami has made an offer but said the sides ``will continue to have a dialogue.''

The Heat hopes to acquire a point guard either through trade or with part of its mid-level exception, which is expected to be in the range of $5.8 millionto $6 million.

The Heat also has inquired about several other veteran free-agent point guards, including Sebastian Telfair, Tyronn Lue and Jannero Pargo.

Other veteran free-agent point guards available include Carlos Arroyo, Eddie House, Anthony Johnson and Anthony Carter. Chicago Bulls free agent Chris Duhonreportedly is set to choose between the Magic and Knicks.

Dooling, 28, averaged 8.1 points, 1.8 assists, 1.4 rebounds and 18.5 minutes for Orlando last season, his third year with the Magic, and his 46.8 shootingpercentage was much higher than his 41.7 career average. He shot 33.8 percent from three-point range.

He spent the 2004-05 season with the Heat, providing defense and energy off the bench and averaging 5.2 points and 1.8 assists in 74 games. He signed athree-year, $11 million deal with Orlando in summer 2005. A graduate of Fort Lauderdale's Dillard High, Dooling has started 36 of 465 career games.

Among free agents at other positions, the Heat has had conversations about ex-University of Miami small forward James Jones and Memphis power forward/centerKwame Brown.

[h1]

Agent: Heat interested in point guard Dooling[/h1]
[h5]Posted on Thu, Jul. 03, 2008[/h5]
reprint print email
Facebook Digg del.icio.us AIM
[h3]BY BARRY JACKSON[/h3][h3][email protected][/h3]
The Miami Heat, continuing to search for point guard help, has ''expressed great interest'' in Orlando Magic unrestricted free agent andformer Heat backup Keyon Dooling, agent Rob Pelinka said Thursday.

Pelinka declined to say if Miami has made an offer but said the sides ``will continue to have a dialogue.''

The Heat hopes to acquire a point guard either through trade or with part of its mid-level exception, which is expected to be in the range of $5.8 millionto $6 million.

The Heat also has inquired about several other veteran free-agent point guards, including Sebastian Telfair, Tyronn Lue and Jannero Pargo.

Other veteran free-agent point guards available include Carlos Arroyo, Eddie House, Anthony Johnson and Anthony Carter. Chicago Bulls free agent Chris Duhonreportedly is set to choose between the Magic and Knicks.

Dooling, 28, averaged 8.1 points, 1.8 assists, 1.4 rebounds and 18.5 minutes for Orlando last season, his third year with the Magic, and his 46.8 shootingpercentage was much higher than his 41.7 career average. He shot 33.8 percent from three-point range.

He spent the 2004-05 season with the Heat, providing defense and energy off the bench and averaging 5.2 points and 1.8 assists in 74 games. He signed athree-year, $11 million deal with Orlando in summer 2005. A graduate of Fort Lauderdale's Dillard High, Dooling has started 36 of 465 career games.

Among free agents at other positions, the Heat has had conversations about ex-University of Miami small forward James Jones and Memphis power forward/centerKwame Brown.

We have money to re-sign both Monta/Andris for sure...I mean Mullin definitely knows both will definitely command 10+ a year. Biedrins seems loyal enough totake a slight discount, but he should be paid nicely anyway.

I think you guys are over-rating the Diddy signing. It's definitely a great move cuz I think Diddy is a great pg. But the talk I hear about the Clips being playoff bound... I'm very skeptical. The West is TOUGH man.
Agree completely...

If you look at the Lakers, Jazz, Spurs, Rockets, and Hornets as solidly in the playoffs, the Diddy signing only puts the Clippers in the group of Dallas,Phoenix, Denver, and Portland fighting it out for those last two or three spots... That's only if they retain Brand, though...

I like the way the Clips' starting 5 would lay out, but there's still not enough depth on the bench for them to really make a lot of noise, IMO...

Originally Posted by SHUGES

3. You guys all seem to think Monta is the pg of the Dubs' future. But is he really? I mean, his game is damn near perfect at this point. But he greatly
benefitted from having Diddy running point. In other words, he seems to be better OFF the ball than WITH it. I think he CAN play a little point. But I'd
think Warrior management would prefer him doing that only for short stretches. I didn't see many Warrior games this year, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm more concerned about how Monta deals with the pressure of filling in Baron's shoes. Baron was a firey and competitve guy while Monta is a bit morequiet and reserved. I'm interested in what leadership capabilities he's going to bring to the table. People can question BD's shot selection andattitude, despite that he brought alot of intangibles that cannot be easily replaced.

We have money to re-sign both Monta/Andris for sure...I mean Mullin definitely knows both will definitely command 10+ a year. Biedrins seems loyal enough to take a slight discount, but he should be paid nicely anyway.
Do they have enough if Brand accepts the 5 year 90 mill ?

Originally Posted by WILLINC

We have money to re-sign both Monta/Andris for sure...I mean Mullin definitely knows both will definitely command 10+ a year. Biedrins seems loyal enough to take a slight discount, but he should be paid nicely anyway.

i believe so-i don't have the exact numbers, but we should have enough cap space to retain both-it's not like both will command 30 mil a yearcombined. the whole point of the j-rich/wright trade last year was to have the ability to sign monta/andris this year, and with baron gone it frees up somespace-Elton's contract would take the space that Baron's contract did, but it should still be enough.

The line has already formed for Josh Childress, the Hawks other man in the crosshairs these days.
As many as eight different teams have contacted the Hawks about sign-and-trade deals for Childress, per one of my best spies who insists that there are several Western Conference playoff teams desperate to add Childress to their mix (his exact words were that they "need an athletic younger guy who can play without the ball and come off of their bench and give them a boost.").

What ya'll got?
nerd.gif

(I know you're reading this, Chill.
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by DLo13

The line has already formed for Josh Childress, the Hawks other man in the crosshairs these days.
As many as eight different teams have contacted the Hawks about sign-and-trade deals for Childress, per one of my best spies who insists that there are several Western Conference playoff teams desperate to add Childress to their mix (his exact words were that they "need an athletic younger guy who can play without the ball and come off of their bench and give them a boost.").
What ya'll got?
nerd.gif

(I know you're reading this, Chill.
laugh.gif
)

Mitch is that you?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

IF Biedrins, Brand & Ellis all signs with the Warriors, I can only imagine the starting lineup would be:

Biedrins
Brand
Wright
Jackson
Ellis

This potential starting 5 right here, plus Randolph, Hendrix, Bellineli & Harrington (if he doesn't get traded) in the bench will get the Warriors inthe playoffs..........but like I said, this is IF they sign Biedrins, Brand & Ellis.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by WILLINC

i believe so-i don't have the exact numbers, but we should have enough cap space to retain both-it's not like both will command 30 mil a year combined. the whole point of the j-rich/wright trade last year was to have the ability to sign monta/andris this year, and with baron gone it frees up some space-Elton's contract would take the space that Baron's contract did, but it should still be enough.

The thing is though, when negotiating with Baron, there's been conflicting reports.

Some reports said that Mullin didn't want to offer Baron the years he wanted, and money wasn't an issue.

Some reports said that Mullin didn't want to offer the type of money Baron wanted.

Some reports said that Mullin actually offered Diddy $75M over 5 years, but Diddy turned it down.

Either way you slice it, if Brand accepts the Warriors $90M 5 year deal, then Mullin is giving up the years and money to Elton, something he wouldn't giveto Baron.

Which is ok, but then you look at Monta wanting $10M a year, and Mullin resigns him, that's Elton making $18M a year, Ellis making $10M a year.

Is there really that much room left if Biedrins wants $10M a year as well? (This taking into account Diop is getting $6M a year, and Biedrins will more thenlikely command more then that)

I'm not too keyed in on the Warriors cap, so I dunno. Somebody with some numbers help break it down.

Back
Top Bottom