Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

No it doesn't make any sense, actually. None whatsoever(aleast not on Miami's front)
laugh.gif

Drop 2 spots and forego the oppritunity for Beasley for the friggin 24th pick and a player? Unlesss that 'player' is Kevin Durant I'm not evenlistening..
laugh.gif

Most likely trades are swapping picks with teams throwing in players to even the deal out... like Miami giving up #2 and trash for #6 and Z Bo or somethinglike that...

Originally Posted by Love VIII First Sight

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by aRog27

Some of you guys come up with ridiculous trades man.......i tell ya.

For real.
laugh.gif
Word

Some of you act like this is NBA 2k8 or something like that

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Seriously.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Just because Riley says he'd consider a trade if the right deal came along, people are acting like he said the pick brings withit a lifetime supply of defective Armani suits.

I'll put it nice and big for ya'll:

1. The Heat will NOT trade the number two pick [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]unless[/color] Derrick Rose goes number one.

2. Derrick Rose going number one does [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]not[/color] guarantee the Heat will trade the pick.

3. The Heat will [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]only[/color] trade the pick if the right situation came along, i.e. a player ofGarnett or Lebron's caliber can be had. They ain't trading a future 20-10 machine for Zach Randolph, Kirk Hinrich, Earl Watson, or a late lotterypick.

3. The Heat will [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]only[/color] trade the pick if the right situation came along, i.e. a player of Garnett or Lebron's caliber can be had. They ain't trading a future 20-10 machine for Zach Randolph, Kirk Hinrich, Earl Watson, or a late lottery pick.
indifferent.gif

3. The Heat will [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]only[/color] trade the pick if the right situation came along, i.e. a player of Garnett or Lebron's caliber can be had. They ain't trading a future 20-10 machine for Zach Randolph, Kirk Hinrich, Earl Watson, or a late lottery pick.

no way you get LeBron, Garnett, Kobe, CP3, or another first-class superstarfor the 2nd pick. No one's stupid enough to do that.
Can you get a 2nd-tier star? (as in NOT LeBron/Kobe etc., but dudes just below that range) Sure, maybe.

I would LOVE to see the sonics do something huge and make the move to #2
....hell they have a bunch of picks to work with
I would like to see:
#4, #24, #32(#2 in second round) or hell even a future 1st (I believe they have 2) and chris wilcox
For miami's #2 and a bad contract
Reason #1: dynamic duo
Reason #2: use the other 2 2nd rounders to move back up into the second round if they see a big man
Reason #3: Make a buzz and splash that everyone will talkin about generating INTEREST!

Miami's potential lineup:
Bayless
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Hardin/McGee
B Rush/ CDR off the bench
hahaha best case scenario

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

3. The Heat will only trade the pick if the right situation came along, i.e. a player of Garnett or Lebron's caliber can be had. They ain't trading a future 20-10 machine for Zach Randolph, Kirk Hinrich, Earl Watson, or a late lottery pick.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the idea of the Cavs trading Lebron for a draft pick...
I'm pretty sure they'd accept much less than Lebron. There arepossible "franchise players" in almost every draft.

Not all of them pan out to be 20-10 monsters.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Reading is fundamental

No one mentioned "Lebron" specifically being traded for a draft pick,

A player of his caliber is the only the reason why that pick would be moved, is how I understand Riles thinking

anything else would be uncivilized

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

3. The Heat will only trade the pick if the right situation came along, i.e. a player of Garnett or Lebron's caliber can be had. They ain't trading a future 20-10 machine for Zach Randolph, Kirk Hinrich, Earl Watson, or a late lottery pick.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm pretty sure they'd accept much less than Lebron. There are possible "franchise players" in almost every draft.

Not all of them pan out to be 20-10 monsters.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Dudes on this site have the worst reading comprenhension (sp) ever

Originally Posted by Goodfellaz86

roll.gif
roll.gif
Dudes on this site have the worst reading comprenhension (sp) ever

Originally Posted by WILLINC

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Reading is fundamental

No one mentioned "Lebron" specifically being traded for a draft pick,

A player of his caliber is the only the reason why that pick would be moved, is how I understand Riles thinking

anything else would be uncivilized

Thank you. Nowhere did I say that the only guys the Heat would make the trade for are Lebron or Garnett. What I am alluding to is that the Heat will onlytrade the pick for a legitimate star talent (such as Carmelo Anthony), as opposed to the likes of Zach Randolph assome are postulating. If the #5 pick and filler can net Ray Allen, I'm sure the #2 pick - perhaps the most hyped player in the draft - would be worthsomething. If not, I think Riley is smart enough to stick with Beasley.
Here's what Riley actually said:
"Unless there's somebody like Lebron James or a [Kevin] Garnett, somebody you absolutely know is a superstar, then the second-most important thing to have is leverage," Riley said. "We feel we have a lot of leverage with the pick." . . . "Take a look at what Boston did last year. I'm talking hypotheticals. I just want people to know, especially our fans, that we're going to do our best to select a player or leverage that pick to get the best player for the team."

Originally Posted by sf savage

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Baron + a future 1st rounder for #2 pick.

Just what I was thinking. then try to sign Calderon from Toronto
pimp.gif

It's not going to happen, seriously. There is a 0% chance he will not be Toronto Raptors uniform.

Although Byron Scott is seeking a new contract, Shinn said the team's top priority is signing star point guard Chris Paul to an extension. Contract talks for Paul will start July 1 and if no agreement is made this summer he will become a restricted free agent after the 2008-09 season. New Orleans Times Picayune

NBA coach of the year Byron Scott, who has the right to buy out the remainder of his contract and go to the highest bidder next season, showed little interest in leaving the Hornets on Wednesday. "I expect to be here," Scott said. "In my mind right now I hope to be here unless something crazy happens." The Hornets pay Scott about $3.5 million a year and the team's majority owner, George Shinn, said he intends to make a fair extension offer that would make Scott one of the highest-paid coaches in the league. AP/Charlotte Observer

The agent for Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony shot down trade speculation Wednesday, saying recent media reports are based on "bad information." Calvin Andrews of BDA Sports Management said the Nuggets are "not shopping" his client despite reports the team has had preliminary talks with the New Jersey Nets. "He was caught off-guard, getting all these calls and seeing his name in talks about getting traded," Andrews said. Rocky Mountain News

After talking with the Nuggets, Andrews expressed confidence Anthony won't be traded. Rocky Mountain News

"Carmelo Anthony is their guy," Andrews said Wednesday, relaying what Nuggets' management told him. "There are no plans to trade Melo. Melo will be in a Denver uniform next year. They're not entertaining trades for Melo. It's not even in the cards." Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien, who is Denver's designated trade negotiator, declined comment. Denver Post

And Allen Iverson? He will exercise his contract option for next season, and the expiring deal in theory makes him marketable, but the number of teams that can handle it next season is so limited that it doesn't do the Nuggets much good. This Nuggets team has problems, and it doesn't take James Naismith to spot them: There's only one ball; there's no real point guard; Camby is a liability when he thinks he's a shooting guard; the Nuggets play as if they have hangovers in the second of back-to-back games; and there's minimal effort put in at the defensive end for long stretches, or entire games. Denver Post

The Nets picking 10th won't help in any pursuit of Carmelo Anthony. The Nets and Nuggets have had talks regarding Anthony, who is available. But it was generally felt that if the Nets could have moved up, like the Bulls did in getting the No. 1 pick from No. 9, it would have greatly aided any chance of getting Anthony. NY Post

Cavaliers guard Eric Snow is a candidate for the Chicago Bulls head coaching vacancy, according to Snow's agent, Steve Kauffman. The interview is the easy part. The challenge is that Snow must resolve his contract situation with the Cavs. Snow is under contract through the 2008-09 season for $7.3 million. Kauffman said Bulls GM John Paxson and Cavs GM Danny Ferry were scheduled to talk today. Ferry and Paxson were not available when contacted by The Plain Dealer this afternoon. Cleveland Plain Dealer

According to a league source, ex-Bulls coach Phil Jackson worked out a time for Paxson to visit Los Angeles in recent days, where he most likely spoke to Lakers assistants Brian Shaw and Kurt Rambis. Among the teams playing in the conference finals, other candidates for the Bulls' job include Boston's Tom Thibodeau, Detroit's Michael Curry and Terry Porter, along with San Antonio's Mike Budenholzer. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The Knicks and Heat have a logjam at forward and likely would need to deal players to make room for Beasley. In the Heat's case, that likely would mean having to shop Udonis Haslem or Shawn Marion, who can opt out of the final season and $17.2 million of his contract to become a free agent July 1. Miami Herald

Memphis, Seattle and Sacramento have needs for a low-post scorer. New Jersey is expected to be one of the more active teams this offseason as new general manager Kiki Vandeweghe looks to retool the roster after Jason Kidd's departure. Miami Herald

Pat Riley would not say what the Heat would expect in return should it part with the No. 2 pick. But it likely would require the combination of the Heat swapping selections with a team that chooses later in the lottery -- but likely within the top 10 -- and adding a proven veteran at point guard or center. Miami Herald

It might also take a trading partner willing to take on the two seasons and $15.2 million remaining on center Mark Blount's contract or the three seasons and $13.2 million left on guard Marcus Banks' deal. Miami Herald

Right now, at this very moment, Heat President Pat Riley might be on the telephone, working out a blockbuster trade for Miami's No. 2 pick in the June 26 draft. "We feel like we have a lot of leverage with that pick," he said. But if Riley followed through and made a trade - declining the opportunity to draft Kansas State power forward Michael Beasley or Memphis point guard Derrick Rose after Chicago makes its choice at No. 1 - he would be taking a bold path. Palm Beach Post

However, a source familiar with the dealings said Wednesday that the Bulls have laid out a plan to take Beasley, with Heat President Pat Riley left with Rose. The insider insisted, "No. 1 and No. 2 are booked and done." Riley was not available for comment Wednesday. He said Tuesday night that he would explore all options, including a trade of the No. 2 selection. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

My gut tells me the Knicks will make a Draft-Day trade for the second straight year. And for the second straight year, Zach Randolph could be involved. I think there's a reason Walsh repeats the 2010 under-the-cap game plan. Because their next trade - if it involves Randolph - will not make sense basketball-wise, only cap-wise. It's the kind of trade Isiah Thomas never made, always getting more talent in the deal. NY Post blog

The Knicks would love to get their hands on Calderon, but T.J. Ford is probably the more realistic option of the two. If the Knicks don't draft a guard they could opt for Danilo Gallinari, a 6-9 small forward who is playing in his home country of Italy. He has the skills to thrive in D'Antoni's system. Gallinari's father, Victorio, played with D'Antoni in Italy. NY Daily News

Shaquille O'Neal and others calling players cowards for flopping usually falls on deaf ears, because more and more players are using the tactic, especially during the playoffs. There's not a quarter that goes by in which a defender doesn't act as if he has been smashed into, flying backward and landing on his back ... only to look up with a smile as the referee makes a charging call. The ploy has reached a level that the NBA is being compared to soccer, where flopping reached near-epidemic proportions during the 2006 World Cup. NBA commissioner David Stern has said he doesn't like players flopping on the court, and the league will review the rule this summer. For now, however, players such as the Los Angeles Lakers' Derek Fisher will continue falling backward, sometimes at the slightest touch. Houston Chronicle

However, a source familiar with the dealings said Wednesday that the Bulls have laid out a plan to take Beasley, with Heat President Pat Riley left with Rose. The insider insisted, "No. 1 and No. 2 are booked and done."
This would be GREAT if it's true.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Dirk Nowitzki for #2.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif

It would break my heart to see Dirk traded to the Heat.
roll.gif

roll.gif
I'd probably throw up at the sight of him in a Heat uniform...

But real talk... I'd be damn tempted to make that move.
nerd.gif

NBA commissioner David Stern has said he doesn't like players flopping on the court, and the league will review the rule this summer.
Finally.

But you know what that means, Spurs will win the Chip this year since they have more floppers than the Lakers.

Even Duncan is starting to flop.

laugh.gif
I have when people single out guys for flopping, though... It's always funny.

Every single player in the NBA acts or flops to some extent. Every. Single. One. Some take it to greater lengths than others, but it's a league-wideproblem, from LeBron and Kobe all the way down to Jose Juan Barea and Luke Walton.

I'd love to get rid of Zach for cap relief. Hopefully Walsh can pull this off somehow.

And TJ Ford would be a very welcome addition. When he's healthy, he can play like one of the top 10 PGs in the league. That's the problem, though. Hehas a hard time staying healthy. If his contract is short, I'd most definitely be willing to give him a shot.

By the way...who the hell would want Zach Randolph. Did Isiah pop up somewhere else as GM and start snatching up the leagues cancers? Ugh, I absolutely despisethat trade.

Back
Top Bottom