Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Burns you should just stop replying to Ska dude has self admitted problems that go beyond the computer. I got into a little silly thing with him before thathad something to do with somebody else and he gave me the same type of stuff. Just let it go man, let it go.

Yeah, trading Noah wouldn't make any sense... He's the only real center on that roster other than Aaron Gray. Add to the fact that Beasley is probablymore small forward than power forward, and I really don't see how drafting Beasley would preclude a trade of Noah...

^That makes sense, holden.

It's just that Noah hasn't made the big impact some may have expected. Maybe it's just too early to tell.

Actually, the Bulls taking Rose is making more sense to me. They have Gooden and Thomas already; develop Noah's game. The frontcourt with Deng, Nocioni,and Sefolosha playing some 3 looks solid.

It's just that Noah hasn't made the big impact some may have expected.
From what I remember, most people thought he'd make an impact only on certain types of teams. I remember Phoenix being mentioned the most.

He did improve as the season went on. Take a look at his season split averages:

[table][tr][td]SPLIT[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]REB[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]In November[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]11.7[/td] [td].360[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].786[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]In December[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]12.6[/td] [td].449[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].778[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]In January[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]20.7[/td] [td].474[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].513[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]In February[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]21.0[/td] [td].483[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].577[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]In March[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]27.1[/td] [td].510[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].884[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]9.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]In April[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]31.3[/td] [td].524[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].644[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]10.6[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Bulls depth chart:

G - Hinrich
G - Hughes, Gordon, Sefolosha
C - Noah, Gray
F - Deng, Nocioni
F - Gooden, Thomas, Simmons

You've gotta believe they're going to take Rose.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Noah - 20 minutes per
Redick - 8 minutes per

Smartass,
laugh.gif

Redick's rookie year he averaged 15 minutes a game, but regardless, MY POINT WAS, that most rookies won't have an immediate huge impact on theirteam unless they're a starter. Compared to Al Horford.

All I know is that the Bulls have no future aslong as Larry Hughes is on that roster. Also I know alot of people will disagree with me but I think Beasley andRose will never be more than average players. OJ Mayo is the real star of this draft. Quote that!

Gary Moore, personal manager for guard Allen Iverson, said Friday the Nuggets "seem to be very willing" to offer Iverson a multiyear contract if he were to opt out of the final year of his current deal by the June 20 deadline. But Moore, who said he recently began talks with Denver brass about Iverson's future, declined to discuss how many years the Nuggets might be willing to give Iverson or offer monetary figures. Rocky Mountain News

Iverson can opt out of a deal paying him $20.84 million next season and become an unrestricted free agent July 1. Most observers don't believe Iverson would opt out unless it was to sign a new contract with the Nuggets. Rocky Mountain News

It also is not believed the Nuggets would sign Iverson to a multiyear deal unless he agreed to take less money next season. Shortly after Denver's season ended April 28, Moore said he would have discussions with the Nuggets about Iverson, who turns 33 on June 7, possibly opting out and signing a three-year deal. But a source at the time described the Nuggets, deep into the luxury tax, as wary of committing extra dollars to Iverson. Rocky Mountain News

Obviously, a key factor would be what the contract numbers might be. If Iverson, in exchange for additional contract years, were to sign a new deal that paid him $5 million less next season, the Nuggets would save $10 million due to the dollar-for-dollar luxury tax. Rocky Mountain News

Pat Riley gave up his dual roles as Heat president and coach more than a month ago to focus solely on running the team. But he remains a man with a split focus this week. One one hand, he's evaluating potential draft picks this week while attending the NBA's pre-draft camp Patriley_2 at the Disney complex just outside of Orlando. On the other, Riley remains in preliminary talks with the agent for Heat forward Shawn Marion regarding a potential contract extension. Miami Herald

Riley said negotiations with agent Dan Fegan have been "productive" as Marion heads into the final 30-day window of the opt-out clause in his contract. But you have to wonder just how "productive" those talks are when the two sides clearly want different things. Miami Herald

Marion, who can opt out of the final year and $17.8 million of his contract to become a free agent on July 1, has long said he wants long-term stability and a place where he can finish the final four, five or even six seasons of his career, provided he stays relatively healthy. Miami Herald

Which likely means Marion, a four-time All-Star, still considers himself a $13-15 million a year player. But Riley, who is committed to a clear-salary-cap-space-by-2010-to-resign-Wade-and-another-potential-max-player financial model, values things a bit differently. Miami Herald

Committing any significant salary and years to Marion, 30, would run counterproductive to the Heat's plan to clear as much space as possible by 2010. And, as Riley would tell you, there's a chance to be a "room team" as early as 2009. Miami Herald

Should negotiations break down and Marion opt in for the $17.8 million, there's a chance Marion could mope, demand a trade and rekindle some of the issues that came up during that bad ending in Phoenix. And that isn't exactly the way you'd want to start the Erik Spoelstra rookie coaching campaign. Miami Herald

Pistons insiders told ESPN.com it appears to be a 50-50 proposition whether Flip Saunders will return next season to coach the fourth and final year on his contract, having come up short in the conference finals for the third consecutive year after inheriting a team that was coming off consecutive trips to the NBA Finals. ESPN.com

All of the Pistons' starters except for Tayshaun Prince are at least 30 years old, and there's a strong possibility Dumars will break up the core of Prince, Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Wallace and Antonio McDyess in an effort to rebuild around Jason Maxiell, Rodney Stuckey, Amir Johnson and Aaron Affalo. ESPN.com

I don't see one player in that group that is worthy of building a team around. Stuckey and Maxiell are both talented players and I could see them gettingsuffienct minutes, but they're not players to build around, solid role players.

I could see Amir developing into the next JO type player...

but I agree, I wouldn't build a team around any of those guys

Stuckey and Afflalo could be a good back-court tandem if given time, but the Pistons won't be an elite team for a while until they do develop. Billups andRip trust eachother, something I don't think I can asy with Stuck/Afflalo.

Sheed seemed to slump it up this post-season, I think he could be the first to go, but they have to keep McDyess and Prince in my eyes. McDyess is old enoughthat he's not terribly valuable to any other team while yet being effective. He is a hefty contract but I don't think anyone else would want it.Tayshaun is worth every penny he is making in my eyes.

^ I thought the same thing of Hamilton, Chauncey, Big Ben, and Prince. I thought Prince had game, but not enough to be considered a member of a team'score. I liked Ben. Chauncey and Rip? I thought they could only start for a half dozen teams in the league. I thought Chauncey was good in Minny, but that itmore because of Garnett, and I thought Rip was good in Washington, but it was more because of things he learned from Jordan, being a teammate.

I definitely see potential in Maxiell; kid is ridiculous.

I like Stuckey, too.

Yeah, it would be hard to break up that core, but 1 championship out of 6 ECFs? It's tough to break up a team that went to 6 straight conference finals,but it's not hard to break up a team that only capitalized on 1 out of 6 opportunities.

Flip should be fired for the basic fact that Maxiel didn't play at least 27 minutes in every game.

Guy is an absolute beast and every team should be inquiring about him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

13 Million next year.
sick.gif
if he's an expiring, Al Harrington+someone else for Sheed I'd do. Don't know who would fill up the other part of the salary to make thedeal match though. And the Pistons probably wouldn't do it anyway.

And Maxiell is a monster, he definitely should have gotten more PT. But, I'd like him on my team as well
smokin.gif
...just like everyone else wants him on theirs. I'm certain he's near untouchable though.

Get rid of FLIP, TAYSHAUN, and RASHWEED. Those dudes were the most dissapointing during the ECF.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

there is no way in hell sheed would work with the warriors
if you're talking about sheed not wanting to go to the warriors, perhaps.
but if not, then there is a way in hell sheed would work with the warriors.nellie only has one criteria for getting playing time: you have to be able to shootfrom outside (this is why Biedrins doesn't get as much PT as he should sometimes, and we have a former lotto pick being wasted on the bench).he can helpour interior game, he can shoot, rebound, do stuff that would help us win. in addition, he's an expiring contract, if we have a right deal in place i'dbe more than down with it. but it's just an "offseason" thread so of course it's all speculation.
if Sheed is traded though I think he stays in the East more than likely.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Warriors

Outgoing Players:

Al Harrington
Chris Quinn

Incoming Players:

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James

Cleveland

Outgoing Players:

LeBron James

Incoming: