smh at "new-age" collectors......

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I used to get upset at the cats who wear fakes and then it hit me, the more fakes they buy, the less real J's they cop, the easier it is for me to get the J's I want.
laugh.gif

to the dude who said shut up........ we're not flaming the ones who buy them cause it's all they can afford, it's the ones who knowingly buy fakesbut say they're legit and can't be found anywhere.

ahhh that's always funny to read..don't know why all this kids think they
got some exclusive kicks

people u havnt been to my school , so im in 8th grade - and ive seen fall of these Fakes - Spiz'ikes, Dunk SB's, Cardinal VII, Burgundy blue and yellowIV's ; XX1 blk/red , xx2's, whew, and many moor i cant remember.

But when i go to school in my xiv's or SB's all the kids with fakes say my shoes are fake , no respect for them.

but i help out people - if they ask for shoes like mine i hook em up - dont like seeing fakes

Originally Posted by mikejs210

What's up with Texas and fake Jordans? I live in San Antonio and I've seen my fair share of fakes at the mall. But it does seem like the majority of those who purchase fakes just don't know that they are fake. It's just a shame that they walk around in all black 11's like they got on something better than you.

I live in Dallas Texas also and your all very right people rocking fakes here is a definite problem.I put some pictures of me up in some of my kicks onmyspace and one of my friends commented and i quote " girl those shoes is cute but me and my homeboy got some in purple" ....smh....(she wasreferring to my black stealth xx3's)......so i returned the favor by commenting on her picture of her in some all red 3's by saying "DANG GIRL IDKYOU ROCKED FAKE J'S"....
laugh.gif
...in my opinion i think Texans whorock fake jordans just can't afford them most of them are from the hoodrat part of Texas...Dallas Texas especially!

or then again maybe they just don't know.they will try and argue you down about they kicks being real!
roll.gif

SO MUCH HATE ON NIKETALK, man kids do what kids do. It shouldnt effect you as a person. I work at Finishline and some dude walking in looked at my OG ConcordXI's said oh those is ok. While he was rocking fake XVI's. Man i think its funny how people do that. Fakes are fakes. I think people who rock fakes andknow they are, are disrespectful. Have enough respect for one of the greatest basketball players of all time, and dont disrespect the name he created with hisshoes. I dunno thats how i feel.

If you spend a considerable amount of your time thinking about someone else's shoes and whether or not they're fake..you got way toooo much time onyour hands

I live in Steubenville Ohio & the fakes are outrageous here. I'm talking about every color scheme you can think of they got em. My boy & I walkthrough the mall we shake our heads & laugh at the fakes we see.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by superuntouchable

Yeah, Houston must be the fake Jordan capitol of the word. Cats walking around the mall with bags of fakes tryin to snake people out of their money and COUNTLESS people (dudes and chicks) with "exclusives" on. Its an epidemic here, you can't go anywhere without seeing multiple pairs of fakes. I saw a dude at the mall rockin a "fakes are so bootleg" shirt and had on some clear and lime green Oly 7s (they had #9 on the back). Its outrageous
smh.gif

Oh the Irony
laugh.gif

IMHO It's the bootleggers in the streets, at the mall, or on eBay that make me irate...always tryna dupe newbies into buying their fraudulent kickz.
smh.gif

The problem where I live is not the fakes, but the Hypebeasts and posers who know nothing about sneakers yet buy GR pairs of Js or Dunks to impress others.I know a dude who got Spiz'ikes for his birthday and didn't know what they were until he reads the box, then his buddy thought they were IVs. I knowsome guys who read up on history so they can talk about it with the OGs the next day so they look good hahahaha

Its funny to see all of these responses because i work at a shoe store and everytime i see fakes i always hype them up to see what theyre response is..like illsay danggg whered u get those ones from..ive never seen that color before! same response every single time..."ohh yeahh these havent came out yet dogg,Igot them from the hood"
laugh.gif
yeahh of course they havent come out yet because they never will!

Man dog, i live in AZ and am an employee at the Nike Factory Store down here in Tempe and i see some of the WORST fakes you've ever seen in my life!!I've seen some clear VII's, some IV uppers with bred XI bottoms, bright orange XI's etc....you name it I've seen em and these cats come in thestore like they own the joint, "stuntin like they daddy" so to speak. Now mind you we have a bunch of heads in the store and we all rock heat and wejust look at these cats like are you serious? The sad fact is they dont care!!!!! Man I saw a pic of Soulja Boy in XXL magazine rockin a pair of Blatantly fakeall Royal Blue V's and I was like, WOW!!!

hustlin fakes is lame and in Chicago; Hustlas be getting crackheads to hustle fake jays for em and then hit them off wit a couple bucks or some of that rock.Messed up right? thats the ghetto for you.

Irokwel, What part of the Chi you from? I'm from out West bruh, Monroe and Lockwood, fam.

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

it's not the new-age people, it's the uneducated...

Co-sign. I just started seriously collecting in January and you wouldn't catch me dead in a pair of fakes. It's the people that don't know anybetter that wear them proudly.

but let's be honest here, the fake epidemic has slowed down somewhat from where it was 1-2 years ago when the clear stuff dropped. as more people getclowned for it, it will eventually start to die or else fakes are going to look more and more like the real thing... which is worse

Pittsburgh is a victim too......these cats usually don't care tho, they buy 'em 'cause they think the s___'s cute.....

I called a few people out on their shoes before....but only when I was provoked. I'll ask like, "Wow, how much did you pay for those? (sarcasm)"and if they reply with saltiness, I just tell 'em, "If you paid more than $20 for those, you got ripped off. You do know those are fake right?"Like I said, some don't care, and they'll come at me for spendin' more on "the same shoes"....
laugh.gif

I see fakes all the time. I will never buy or wear fakes. But I really think that most of these people don't know they are fake. Honestly, some peoplecan't afford real Jordans so I never laugh or say anything. It's really not their fault. It's up to whoever makes fakes and the Jordan/Nike if theywant to seriously do something about it.

Those who buy fakes shudnt even b considered collectors but hey wit ur average jordan goin $125+ and the teams goin 4 $115+ u can't expect ur average kid 2go 2 the mall n cop wen the can go 2 the flea market n cop any sig n ne flavor 4 $40 bucks.....but they get wat they pay 4 n 2days after they rock their shoesthe joints r fallin apart but ehhhh makes it easier 4 me 2 cop but is sad these people actually think their fresh doe

okay sorry for going off on dude, but i dont like when people talk about us kids saying that we are hypebest or new age collecters, its not our fault for notbeing born in the 70's

Back
Top Bottom