So Columbia Mall DTLR is getting the Limited XX3s...

They fit pretty true to size for me ... i'm a true size 11 ... i didn't have the luxury of trying them on though before I bought them, as they wereshipped to me from Shoe Gallery down in Miami. I wear a 10.5 in the XX2's ... so I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting a 10.5 in the GR's toball in .... I hate for my foot to slide even the slightest when I play.

2 years old huh ... I've personally never been to that mall, nor any mall in that region (minus Tysons Corner) ... so I can't really add anyknowledgeable input as to why they gave that DTLR the shipment. But like others have mentioned, the GR's will go on sale, and when the EA comes around itwill give people a chance at getting them 50% off .... happened a week after the Stealth XX's came out, and those actually sold pretty damn good.

^ Well isn't the reason specific stores got them because they were the top selling air jordan store for that particular retailor?

^ Well isn't the reason specific stores got them because they were the top selling air jordan store for that particular retailor?

Not in DTLR's case....

quick ?.....If Mondawmin or a DTLR in DC would've got these..would ya'll have carried the situation like ya'll did?...

I think not...I said this earlier...DTLR put it in columbia mall for a reason..and it damn sure wasn't for pushing the most J's..

Yeah we just got that DTLR like 2 years ago.
"DK," my bad. I'll give you a ring by 8 pm...
Missed your call, I was at a bball game. Got out at 10, and didn't want to by any chance wake the baby up so I'll call you in the A.M.

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

23's are clean
check the sig fox 5 is funny

i caught that.
laugh.gif
he was also like...the playoff viii releasedin '97....

I was told at DTLR Columbia that Jordan Brand picked that location. I figured the corporation was awarded a slot in th 23 and they chose Columbia, but I wastold the opposite.

iCan, that link contains variant XX3's.

Not only is the color off (the color looking like a royal blue), the box tag doesn't contain the word 'premier' in it.

I was told at DTLR Columbia that Jordan Brand picked that location. I figured the corporation was awarded a slot in th 23 and they chose Columbia, but I was told the opposite.

Hmmm...I really wonder JB's logic behind this...other than columbia being a safer venue...

They figured hood dudes won't kickout $230+ for a single pair of Jays?

Oh well
ohwell.gif

My friend was a number away from getting a pair he was like in the 140's or something...as for selecting Columbia as the location, one has to thinkit's the mid-point between DC and Baltimore....it just makes sense.

the actual shoe shouldn't be on eBay, DTLR or anyother store
I really thought Tinker and co. Could have done better than this

As many of you know, DTLR Columbia was selected as one of the 23 stores in the country to release the very limited Air Jordan XXIII. In my opinion, theydidn't deserve it. They handled that release terribly. They took away the opportunity for the TRUE sneaker fan to get these shoes with their lies anddeceitfulness. Now I for one DON'T have a problem with DTLR doing a raffle. I understand that they are a business and if they feel that a raffle is thebest way to handle the situation then feel free to do that. My problem is when their employees, managers, and even district manager LIE and say that it will befirst come first serve. The ACTUAL first person who got there was a guy named Bill. From my understanding Bill tried waiting at the door by the Starbucks andsecurity asked him to move. He was there sometime on TUESDAY. From then anyone who tried to line up Bill asked them to sign a piece of paper with their name onit so they can have something to go off of and know who the actual first 23 people were. Those people on that list waited at Starbucks TOGETHER and approachedanyone who tried to line up TOGETHER. That paper filled up sometime on Thursday before the mall closed from my understanding. My people were dropped off by meat roughly 3:00 P.M. which put them as numbers 8,9, and 10 on that list. When this list was shown to the DTLR manager all they said was that they wouldn'tgo by that list which was fine with me because i understand that DTLR is not just gonna go by a piece of paper that they made. Another big problem i had withthe release was that they wouldnt let people line up at the door. Whats up with that? Making everyone sit in their cars and telling everyone to wait until 4:30is EXACTLY how you are gonna have a lot of people running and making a scene and that is EXACTLY what happened and where was the cop then? The same copthreatening to arrest anyone on the property? Nowhere to be found. Either way me and my friends did manage to get a decent spot in that "line" whenthey finally let people be at the doors. Then after waiting for a while in the freezing cold they decide to open another door? That's some BS. Real talk.Even on the DTLR website they said that is where the line should begin. But whatever the spots in line became irrelevant anyways. My biggest problem with therelease was, like i said before, the lies and deceitfulness of everyone employed by DTLR that i spoke to. Everyone said first come, first serve. Now if me ormy people wouldn't have been one of the first 23 there and it was first come first serve, than i have no problem with that. That would have been our faultand the 23 people before us deserved them. But my biggest problem with DTLR and their methods are the fact that they didn't tell anyone who asked that itwould be a raffle. If i knew it was going to be a raffle there is NO way in hell i leave these shoes up to chance. I have NO problem taking a trip to NYC andcamping out at one of their many stores and anyone who knows me personally knows that i would've gone or done anything i needed to do to get these shoes.That is my biggest problem. What DTLR did isn't right. They handled this situation very poorly. Shoutouts to Bill, Mondo, and everyone of the REAL FIRST23, it was nice meeting everyone. Oh and by the way for those who are wondering, out of the first 23 people to get to the mall for these shoes, ZERO got them.

From www.yeahdho.blogspot.com, go there to see pix and post comments

^
Beast talk IMO...

But I'll let you live...

It was a lottery dude.

Proceed......................................

and everyone of the REAL FIRST 23

i will tell you ONE thing tho...

if the shoes were going to the first 23 people in line? I would have pressed whoever jumped in that line after it was formed and bumped me back to 24 lol.regardless if you stood in line since last week.

but since i knew it was a raffle from the gate, i was cool.

Dont be mad @ DTLR, be mad with Columbia Mall if anything.....

Hey Lakers Rock... Next time do you think you could use a few Seperation of lines for an easier read? Man.. my eyes hurt tryin to follow that one. I had to puta piece of paper against the screen so I wouldn't lose my place.

If it were ME? I would have ASKED DTLR on the first day will they Honor a list BEFORE making one. I would have ASKED DTLR if making a line would have doneanything and assured me of getting a pair of kicks?

If not.. you can only blame those folks who waited and didnt have good info on how to handle the Release. Granted.. its F'd up for all involved. They haveto deal with the situation Jordan Dealt them and thats dishing out 23 shoes that employees couldn't get?

Id be salty as a manager or owner first and foremost.

Tell Bill... if he's goin to Camp for Jays... he can Camp out for Worthy Causes too... lol

I too knew it would be a raffle but I also didn't have leave to use to drive to NYC. I iwsh I would'va because my boy and his homey came back to DCwith 8 pairs total.

I would've copped 4 had I rode with them.

You win some...you lose some.

I found out about the raffle the Thursday night before the release.

At first, I didn't believe it. But then my mananger contacted someone he knew, which in turn knew the DM for the Columbia DTLR and he confirmed it, andeven said that he himself wasn't guaranteed a pair.

Like lavan simply said,
You win some...you lose some.
grin.gif

a little late...but I got my pair

Long night. guess I'll tell my story lol.

Got to the mall in Columbia, MD at 10:30 pm. with my friend. We staked out a spot to get to the door at 5 am. But, we found out at like 3 am that they weregonna open at 4 am (to line up).

ended up freezing 'till 6 am when they opened the door.

went into the mall and I saw the most peeps I ever seen at a release. at least 220+ people.

they ended up raffling off the 23 pairs…and I got mine...

glad I got my pair, but kind of disappointed in the way DTLR/the Mall /the cops handled the release. I was one of the first 10 there, and I think theyshould've allowed us to line up and let the first 23 people get them.

my .02 cents...

Back
Top Bottom